Hugh D Paul

Friday The 13th: The Game System Update Information

On 3/28/2018 at 6:59 PM, DorianRo said:

How you gonna catch a boat thats already began its race to the exit with Part IV Jason exactly when He can't even catch it NOW?  Morphing to the water exit maybe?  Its not like chasing  morphing on a camp trail though. .  Water is vast and there is a lot of room to fenangle your way around Jason 

Aww Jeez rick! Playing counselors is too tough! Playing J4 is too tough to cstch the boat! AWW JEEEEEZ RICK! 

Morty listen, you just gotta spawn the end, be a soccer goalie and keep them at choke points with rocks. Make them make a mistake.

• Haha 1

I hope offline mode can actually be that, offline

When you unplug your internet the game puts you back to level zero, it be better if the game can make a separate offline save, hope that will be possible when the new version comes out

We all know from experience we are not going to see an update in April.

Shifty even stated that no date was promised.

Next major update will happen by October or September 2018.

Then the team will disappear for Christmas.

Maybe 1 more update after that in 2019.

No reason to add dedicated servers.

Salt mines are the replacement.

Good luck with your next Kickstater game Gun Media and Illfonic.

I'm sure you will raise plenty of salt. ? 

16 hours ago, Hell Toupee said:

I would still like to know where OP saw confirmation that the update is indeed coming in April.

I’m sorry, I just checked and they haven’t confirmed April. They said April at the earliest.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2018 at 10:34 AM, GhostWolfViking said:

We all know from experience we are not going to see an update in April.

Shifty even stated that no date was promised.

Next major update will happen by October or September 2018.

Then the team will disappear for Christmas.

Maybe 1 more update after that in 2019.

No reason to add dedicated servers.

Salt mines are the replacement.

Good luck with your next Kickstater game Gun Media and Illfonic.

I'm sure you will raise plenty of salt. ? 

You seem pretty salty yourself. But you may be right.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Hugh D Paul said:

You seem pretty salty yourself, lol.

I played since launch on Xbox One.

1,000 hours played and only 95% for 500 matches as Jason.

Play for hours waiting to be Jason. Host quits on me every time it's my turn.

No progress towards my last 2 achievements for 100%.

Developers keep us waiting with no patches to fix the bugs. Only say soon.

You think I want to wait around for another 6 months hoping we will get dedicated servers ''soon''?

Then put in another 1,000 hours for 1,000 matches played as Jason to be at 100%?

The answer is hell no.

Nothing but trolls and Jason teamers every match.

The trend will be players who suicide at the start and then quit right after to avoid getting ''salt''.

It's an insult to name it salt mines when you won't fix the damn game first.

I'm done being a beta tester for this unfinished game. I quit playing it. Even offline mode has terrible bots with bugs.

The ''hitman'' challenges are going to have the same issues as offline bots.

Playing other games now.

Friday The 13th was fun at launch before all the nerfs and stupid dlc.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Hugh D Paul said:

I’m sorry, I just checked and they haven’t confirmed April. They said April at the earliest.

Ah, thank you for the clarification.

20 hours ago, GhostWolfViking said:

The trend will be players who suicide at the start and then quit right after to avoid getting ''salt''.

Not if you start crediting suicides to Jason as kills.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So I’m confused as to the new Jason selection. So if I put in the time and effort and play a lot of matches, I will of course play as Jason a good bit. Let’s say out of 100 matches I played as Jason 35 times, which now means I have used 35 “tickets.” Now I get matched up with noobs who haven’t been Jason as much because they have only played a handful of games and they get to be jason and I don’t because they haven’t used enough tickets? Essentially the vets will never get to be jason again as we have been playing longer. 

From what I understand tickets replenish at certain timed intervals so everyone who has Jason set as their spawn preference gets x amount of tickets every set amount of time. So let's say you get 10 Jason tickets every 24 hours - if you played 15 matches in 5 hours...and your last match you were Jason for the 10th time... you would have to wait up to 19 hours to get any more Jason tickets. 

FYI everyone was a noob at once and it would be unfair for you to be Jason 90% of the time in a QP simply because of your level. The only way for players to get better at playing either counselors or Jason is to...play them. 

• Like 1

On 1.4.2018 at 5:52 PM, Hugh D Paul said:

well you are not the only one i guess. steam is also having the "when in april will it come" threads. will be another nice shitstorm once it´s not out like around the 20th of April maybe already 15th. For sure on May 1st.

Just now, pioneer67fkd said:

i have a feeling there will be a big announcement on Thursday being its the opening of pax east Thursday 

The best we get is either a road map reveal/discussion  or a trailer for the Grendel Dlc.Last time they went to pax they discussed things we essentially already knew about the development of the game.

They finally updated the website after about 3 months. Could be a sign, but that's probably just wishful thinking.

24 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

They finally updated the website after about 3 months. Could be a sign, but that's probably just wishful thinking.

I just noticed. Hopefully that means a release date for the patch is near.

3 hours ago, Jasix said:

From what I understand tickets replenish at certain timed intervals so everyone who has Jason set as their spawn preference gets x amount of tickets every set amount of time. So let's say you get 10 Jason tickets every 24 hours - if you played 15 matches in 5 hours...and your last match you were Jason for the 10th time... you would have to wait up to 19 hours to get any more Jason tickets. 

FYI everyone was a noob at once and it would be unfair for you to be Jason 90% of the time in a QP simply because of your level. The only way for players to get better at playing either counselors or Jason is to...play them. 

Seriously with the FYI? Of course everyone was a noob before but I would also like to be jason as well even though they need their own practice. I’m not saying I need to be jason more, but I also don’t think they should either. 

2 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

what did they update?

edit: nvm

I thought the salt mines are a good idea until I realized it doesn’t solve the “Teaming with Jason” problem which happens really often in QP. If I encounter obvious Jason helpers I leave the lobby immediately but with this new update you’d get penalized for it. It’s like enforcing you to play with cheaters. We still don’t have a report feature and sending the evidence to Jasonkillsbugs is tedious & pointless since it’s clear they don’t take action on it.

Anyone else worried about this?

Don’t get me wrong I’m really hoping this update stops the rage quitting problem. I hope they plan on adding a notifications/news section on the F13 main menu so players that don’t check F13 social media/forums are aware of the new changes.

14 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

Not if you start crediting suicides to Jason as kills.

they seriously need to implement this, or just strait up get rid of window suicide 

21 hours ago, Kashyyyk said:

Seriously with the FYI? Of course everyone was a noob before but I would also like to be jason as well even though they need their own practice. I’m not saying I need to be jason more, but I also don’t think they should either. 

You specifically said if you play Jason 35 times out of 100 that you would be forced to play with noobs 65 out of 100 games as Jason. Then you went on to say vets would "never" get to be Jason again because you have been playing longer. As explained: Tickets replenish in a short amount of time not over a month etc. Not sure why you would complain aboout being Jason 1/3rd of the time in a system that has 8 players who if they all wanted to be Jason the fair thing would be for each person to have a 12.5% chance of being Jason... instead of your presupposed 35%.

I just wanted dedicated servers. That’s it. And since we haven’t gotten them all I’ve done is pray everyday for them and for punishment on those that have promised and not delivered them. I hope god punishes these clowns for what they have put us all through. I have faith he will.