Jump to content
Hugh D Paul

Friday The 13th: The Game System Update Information

Recommended Posts

To be clear, this forum will be dedicated to discussions about the Friday The 13th update. Any comments, questions, or ideas about it are welcome.

Friday The 13th: The Game April Update Information

Introduction: Friday The 13th: The Game has come a long way from where it began back in 2017. And with this next update, set to be released sometime in April, they plan to solidify their already fantastic game with a completely updated game engine, along with some other additions to the gameplay. And this paper will give you the rundown on all of it.

List of Updates
1. Unreal Engine Update
2. Single Player Challenges
3. Weapon Swapping
4. Grab Animation
5. Perk Values
6. Legendary Perks
7. Part Five Skin
8. Jason Selection
9. Part Seven Adjustments
10. Salt Mines

Update #1: Unreal Engine Update
The first, and arguably most important update for Friday The 13th: The Game, is the Unreal Engine Update, a direct advancement for the game’s video platform. This update will be the first step in adding in dedicated servers, and will also give the game better graphics, faster animations, and less glitchy situations.

Update #2: Single Player Challenges
The second update for Friday The 13th is the new Single Player Challenges, an interesting offline choice for Jason players. In this hitman-esque game mode, Jason must track down and kill the counselors individually, while remaining hidden in the shadows.

Update #3: Weapon Swapping
The third update for the Friday The 13th game is weapon swapping, an unlockable ability that allows each of the different Jason variations to swap their weapons with one another. Excluding Savini Jason’s pitchfork, all of the Jason’s will be allowed to swap their weapons with each other.

Update #4: Grab Animation
The fourth update is a simple design change for Jason’s grab, making it look more realistic and scary. This update was simply a bonus to the other more important things.

Update #5: Perk Values
The fifth update is a change in the counselor perk values, causing some to increase and others to shrink. The affected perks and their changes are listed below.
1. Easy Listening: 10-40% radio stamina recharge.
2. Motorboating: 5-35% boat speed increase.
3. Man at Arms: 5-15% weapon durability increase. 4. My Dad’s A Cop: 5-25% police arrival decrease.
5. Quiet Swimmer: 5-20% sense detection in water decrease.
6. Lead Foot: 5-20% car speed increase.
7. Aquanaut: 5-35% swimming speed increase.

Update #6: Legendary Perks
The sixth update coming to Friday The 13th is the addition of Legendary Perks, a new and improved rarity for counselor perks. Not only are Legendary Perks the highest rarity with the highest positive percentages and lowest negative percentages in the perk system, it also adds a third bonus stat increase that gives the holder an extra boost.

Update #7: Part Five Skin
The seventh update coming in April is a new skin for Part Five Jason, consisting of a green tracksuit, rather than the traditional blue. This will give players a chance to choose between two different outfits for Part Five Jason.

Update #8: Jason Selection
The eighth update is an extremely important one, as it changes the way Jason is selected in a match. As of now, players who have their preference set on Jason are randomly selected by the game to play as him. Players with their preference set to none will play once all of the Jason-preference players have gone, and players with a counselor preference will only play as Jason if there are no Jason/none preference-players in the lobby. However, once this update rolls out, players with a Jason preference will be given an unlimited supply of tickets to play as him. Every time they are selected, they will use one of the tickets and the game will save the data behind the scenes. Then, whoever has the least amount of tickets used will automatically be selected to play as Jason, with two players with the same amount randomly selected. This update will allow for an overall fairer way of Jason selection, and will allow for a better Jason experience.

Update #9: Part Seven Adjustments
The ninth update coming to the Friday The 13th game is an attempt to adjust the Jason Part Seven variation, known as the least capable variation in the game. This update will change one of each of his strengths and weaknesses, causing him to be a much more capable murderer. Both changes are listed below.
Change #1: Part Seven’s Grip Strength will be replaced by Weapon Strength, allowing him to deal more damage with his machete. This change will also lower his grip down to the average level.
Change #2: Part Seven’s low Shift speed will be replaced by a lower Stun Resistance, allowing him to be a faster and more mobile variation. This change will also cause him to be much more easily stunned.

Update #10: Salt Mines
The tenth and final update coming to Friday The 13th is a grouping system known as the Salt Mines, a device that groups players that quit at the start of a match or end the lobby as soon as they are killed. Though a single infraction won’t send you to the mines, after a good amount of issues you will be sent there. Though you won’t be stuck there forever, it will take time to earn your way back to normal matches.

List of Expected Future Updates
1. Dedicated Servers
2. The Grendel Space Map
3. Jason X Variation
4. New Counselors
5. Paranoia Game Mode

Conclusion: Friday The 13th: The Game will be releasing this massive update sometime in the month of April, giving it to all of its players, completely free of charge. I hope you enjoyed reading and learning about all of the new and exciting gameplay elements coming to this already amazing game.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Hugh D Paul said:

Friday The 13th: The Game April Update Information

Introduction: Friday The 13th: The Game has come a long way from where it began back in 2017. And with this next update, set to be released sometime in April, they plan to solidify their already fantastic game with a completely updated game engine, along with some other additions to the gameplay. And this paper will give you the rundown on all of it.

List of Updates
1. Unreal Engine Update
2. Single Player Challenges
3. Weapon Swapping
4. Grab Animation
5. Perk Values
6. Legendary Perks
7. Part Five Skin
8. Jason Selection
9. Part Seven Adjustments
10. Salt Mines

Update #1: Unreal Engine Update
The first, and arguably most important update for Friday The 13th: The Game, is the Unreal Engine Update, a direct advancement for the game’s video platform. This update will be the first step in adding in dedicated servers, and will also give the game better graphics, faster animations, and less glitchy situations.

Update #2: Single Player Challenges
The second update for Friday The 13th is the new Single Player Challenges, an interesting offline choice for Jason players. In this hitman-esque game mode, Jason must track down and kill the counselors individually, while remaining hidden in the shadows.

Update #3: Weapon Swapping
The third update for the Friday The 13th game is weapon swapping, an unlockable ability that allows each of the different Jason variations to swap their weapons with one another. Excluding Savini Jason’s pitchfork, all of the Jason’s will be allowed to swap their weapons with each other.

Update #4: Grab Animation
The fourth update is a simple design change for Jason’s grab, making it look more realistic and scary. This update was simply a bonus to the other more important things.

Update #5: Perk Values
The fifth update is a change in the counselor perk values, causing some to increase and others to shrink. The affected perks and their changes are listed below.
1. Easy Listening: 10-40% radio stamina recharge.
2. Motorboating: 5-35% boat speed increase.
3. Man at Arms: 5-15% weapon durability increase. 4. My Dad’s A Cop: 5-25% police arrival decrease.
5. Quiet Swimmer: 5-20% sense detection in water decrease.
6. Lead Foot: 5-20% car speed increase.
7. Aquanaut: 5-35% swimming speed increase.

Update #6: Legendary Perks
The sixth update coming to Friday The 13th is the addition of Legendary Perks, a new and improved rarity for counselor perks. Not only are Legendary Perks the highest rarity with the highest positive percentages and lowest negative percentages in the perk system, it also adds a third bonus stat increase that gives the holder an extra boost.

Update #7: Part Five Skin
The seventh update coming in April is a new skin for Part Five Jason, consisting of a green tracksuit, rather than the traditional blue. This will give players a chance to choose between two different outfits for Part Five Jason.

Update #8: Jason Selection
The eighth update is an extremely important one, as it changes the way Jason is selected in a match. As of now, players who have their preference set on Jason are randomly selected by the game to play as him. Players with their preference set to none will play once all of the Jason-preference players have gone, and players with a counselor preference will only play as Jason if there are no Jason/none preference-players in the lobby. However, once this update rolls out, players with a Jason preference will be given an unlimited supply of tickets to play as him. Every time they are selected, they will use one of the tickets and the game will save the data behind the scenes. Then, whoever has the least amount of tickets used will automatically be selected to play as Jason, with two players with the same amount randomly selected. This update will allow for an overall fairer way of Jason selection, and will allow for a better Jason experience.

Update #9: Part Seven Adjustments
The ninth update coming to the Friday The 13th game is an attempt to adjust the Jason Part Seven variation, known as the least capable variation in the game. This update will change one of each of his strengths and weaknesses, causing him to be a much more capable murderer. Both changes are listed below.
Change #1: Part Seven’s Grip Strength will be replaced by Weapon Strength, allowing him to deal more damage with his machete. This change will also lower his grip down to the average level.
Change #2: Part Seven’s low Shift speed will be replaced by a lower Stun Resistance, allowing him to be a faster and more mobile variation. This change will also cause him to be much more easily stunned.

Update #10: Salt Mines
The tenth and final update coming to Friday The 13th is a grouping system known as the Salt Mines, a device that groups players that quit at the start of a match or end the lobby as soon as they are killed. Though a single infraction won’t send you to the mines, after a good amount of issues you will be sent there. Though you won’t be stuck there forever, it will take time to earn your way back to normal matches.

List of Expected Future Updates
1. Dedicated Servers
2. The Grendel Space Map
3. Jason X Variation
4. New Counselors
5. Paranoia Game Mode

Conclusion: Friday The 13th: The Game will be releasing this massive update sometime in the month of April, giving it to all of its players, completely free of charge. I hope you enjoyed reading and learning about all of the new and exciting gameplay elements coming to this already amazing game.

I would eliminate paranoia as it’s no longer expected but shelved 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree this is all awesome content, and can't wait to get it, but the next update is not yet confirmed to be releasing in April. They just said that it MIGHT be sometime in April at the earliest, possibly May.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An even faster boat??? Not good for those us who play as Part IV Jason that can't even catch boat now as is.  We have to trap for the dock.  One someone heads off into the boat its "Game over" for bad swimmer Jason 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

An even faster boat??? Not good for those us who play as Part IV Jason that can't even catch boat now as is.  We have to trap for the dock.  One someone heads off into the boat its "Game over" for bad swimmer Jason 

Adapt and overcome.

Catching the boat without water speed is no different than catching a car with minus shift. 

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

Adapt and overcome.

Catching the boat without water speed is no different than catching a car with minus shift. 

How you gonna catch a boat thats already began its race to the exit with Part IV Jason exactly when He can't even catch it NOW?  Morphing to the water exit maybe?  Its not like chasing  morphing on a camp trail though. .  Water is vast and there is a lot of room to fenangle your way around Jason 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can catch it now even if they are using the boat perks. Use a proper pursuit angle, take advantage of choke points at bridges and rocks. Don't let them start the boat in the first place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

An even faster boat??? Not good for those us who play as Part IV Jason that can't even catch boat now as is.  We have to trap for the dock.  One someone heads off into the boat its "Game over" for bad swimmer Jason 

Trapping the docks is near ineffective for any Jason ,Its waste if you can trap the car and phone instead .Only J2 can do that and even then I wouldn't waste any traps on the boat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Gloved One said:

Trapping the docks is near ineffective for any Jason ,Its waste if you can trap the car and phone instead .Only J2 can do that and even then I wouldn't waste any traps on the boat.

 

I used to use the extra spare to trap to trap the phone a few months ago (But I was allowing people to escape in the boat because of this and once they already headed out, I was pretty much SOL with Part IV since his biggest weakness is the water.     but now trap the middle of the dock using Combat Stance to at least try and stop the inevitable so I can hear the Propellor getting installed. and morph to the objective and generally someone trips the trap if you place it right 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Traps work at Pinehurst, on the ground in front of the docks not sure why. Set it in the grass near the corner, and drive them towards it by morphing in on the other side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DorianRo said:

I used to use the extra spare to trap to trap the phone a few months ago (But I was allowing people to escape in the boat because of this and once they already headed out, I was pretty much SOL with Part IV.    but now trap the middle of the dock using Combat Stance to at least try and stop the inevitable so I can hear the Propellor getting installed. and morph to the objective. 

What do you mean by trapping on the docks?Jason cant place any traps on the dock .Sounds like an exploit to me at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The Gloved One said:

What do you mean by trapping on the docks?Jason cant place any traps on the dock .Sounds like an exploit to me at least.

No you can set traps right on the edge of the docks, the narrower ones can be trapped with 2 traps so that they can't pass by. If they try to go around they fall in the water.

It doesn't work as well on Pinehurst because the docks are wider.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

No you can set traps right on the edge of the docks, the narrower ones can be trapped with 2 traps so that they can't pass by. If they try to go around they fall in the water.

It doesn't work as well on Pinehurst because the docks are wider.

Thanks for the clarification ,the boat for me spawns very little compared to at launch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Gloved One said:

Thanks for the clarification ,the boat for me spawns very little compared to at launch.

I get the boat half the time, I don't usually trap it I just try to pay attention to noise blips and patrol the area around it. Unless they are determined to leave by the boat making your presence felt in its vicinity is usually enough to make them go for the car or the phones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DorianRo said:

An even faster boat??? Not good for those us who play as Part IV Jason that can't even catch boat now as is.  We have to trap for the dock.  One someone heads off into the boat its "Game over" for bad swimmer Jason 

Dude, is complaining all you ever do?

I'll admit I've had my issues with this game in the past but literally every post I see from you is a negative feeling about the game. It's tiresome.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DorianRo said:

An even faster boat??? Not good for those us who play as Part IV Jason that can't even catch boat now as is.  We have to trap for the dock.  One someone heads off into the boat its "Game over" for bad swimmer Jason 

Yeah, ‘cause so many people use boat perks...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NORMAL COAT said:

Yeah, ‘cause so many people use boat perks...

I do when Iknow we are on a gauranteed boat map, I'm still trying to earn those merit badges.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my opinion, though it hasn’t been confirmed, the update will most likely be coming out on April 13th, as there’s no way the F13 devs wouldn’t take advantage of a Friday the 13th. Either that or it’s probably a Double XP Week. And as for the April date, they did say that it would come out sometime in April in their most recent post.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope it does come in April because this update is huge and full of goodies. I hope we get some more info soon though, I'd love a new clothing pack, kill pack or at least some recolors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Hugh D Paul said:

 And as for the April date, they did say that it would come out sometime in April in their most recent post.

Where did you see this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...