Manny1985

Levels of Sobriety and Gameplay

Levels of Sobrity  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer to play the game....

• Drunk
    • High (pot)
    • Sober
    • Cross Faded
    • Strike Out ( See BeerFest)

35 minutes ago, carnage4u said:

I'm one of those boring people that doesn't drink or smoke, and don't like to be around people that do either. I've been told I'm real "Fun" at parties. I would leave a lobby full of drunk or high people. Do what you want, but I don't want to be around it, even via the web. 

You are not boring just because you don't drink or smoke. And long live to your lungs and liver! ;) 

I don't play high.  I have played drunk, but not in a long while.  I played terribly while drunk.

Since there are so many angry people out there playing this game who say some really nasty shit, I don't mind playing with high people.  At least they're mellow & tend not to fly off the handle.  

• Like 4

I swear I can hear people ripping a bong in some lobbies. It's all in good fun though. I would like to play with someone who is drunk and is trying to drive the car to escape from Jason. 

4 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Although drunk Leroy Lachappa runs can be quite entertaining.

A man of discerning taste.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Truth said:

Just out of curiosity, why...?

Edit: I ask because I've seen LFG posts that say "no stoners" and I don't understand why it would really matter.

3 hours ago, Truth said:

I understand not wanting to partake yourself. But why does it matter that some dude on his couch is hitting a bong between matches? How does that impact your experience?

Again, I'm not trying to be a dick or judge you guys, I just want to understand.

I live in an area that has a "fair" number of people that do drugs and "partake." Even if it's just weed, a lot of those people are do-nothings. Frickin' 25+ years old, dirty as hell, no job, no apartment, couch-hopping, etc., the list goes on. And yet these people have the nerve to say stuff like one day they are going to save up enough money to travel to china to learn kung fu from a real Chinese kung fu master(one of these guys actually said this to me).

And lets just say that I know people personally that could have had much better lives if they stayed away from drugs and alcohol but they are reduced to cheap trailer trash because they have no self control and no personal drive to do better or change their situation. They are content being in their horrible situation and it sickens me.

I have yet to find the mythical "well-adjusted" drug user that has a good job, a wife and 2.5 kids, a dog, a white picket fence, hosts barbecues for the neighborhood, and only "occasionally" hits a bong after a hard day's work of well-earned pay. To me that person doesn't exist.

Alcohol users are similar but a regular drinker isn't usually as personally annoying to me as someone that gets high all the time.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Manny1985 said:

I swear I can hear people ripping a bong in some lobbies. It's all in good fun though. I would like to play with someone who is drunk and is trying to drive the car to escape from Jason. 

I mostly hear the air sucking of a vape pen

21 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I live in an area that has a "fair" number of people that do drugs and "partake." Even if it's just weed, a lot of those people are do-nothings. Frickin' 25+ years old, dirty as hell, no job, no apartment, couch-hopping, etc., the list goes on. And yet these people have the nerve to say stuff like one day they are going to save up enough money to travel to china to learn kung fu from a real Chinese kung fu master(one of these guys actually said this to me).

And lets just say that I know people personally that could have had much better lives if they stayed away from drugs and alcohol but they are reduced to cheap trailer trash because they have no self control and no personal drive to do better or change their situation. They are content being in their horrible situation and it sickens me.

I have yet to find the mythical "well-adjusted" drug user that has a good job, a wife and 2.5 kids, a dog, a white picket fence, hosts barbecues for the neighborhood, and only "occasionally" hits a bong after a hard day's work of well-earned pay. To me that person doesn't exist.

Alcohol users are similar but a regular drinker isn't usually as personally annoying to me as someone that gets high all the time.

Call me a unicorn then because I am pretty much what you described. I am a daily smoker. I do not smoke and go to work but I do smoke everyday fairly soon after returning home. I have been with my significant other for 8 years this spring. I have 2 kids , a 6 year old and a 15 month old. The 6 year old is very well adjusted and is doing well in school. She is thoughtful and caring and rats out anyone that uses foul language around her. She covers her eyes when she sees people kissing on tv because she feels it is inappropriate. She doenst mind the violence though, and we talk about the differences in fantasy and reality. I have 2 jobs, one is an assistant manager position that Ive had for almost 6 years and my part time job I've had for 3 1/2 years. At one point about 3 years ago I worked 3 jobs steadily.  I am always the last one to go to bed and the first one out of it. I have never been late on a house payment, never had any utilities turned off for nonpayment. I don't like depending on anyone for anything other than myself and have been that way for 20 years. I am 38 btw. I have smoked daily for about 22 years. The longest Ive been without was when I went to Vegas in 2003 , that was Monday through Friday that I went without. 

I stopped drinking about 10 years ago. I dont like taking pills even for headaches.

Toot , Toot !!  ( That's me tooting my own horn btw )

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

I mostly hear the air sucking of a vape pen

Have we played together? That’s usually me.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Manny1985 said:

Have we played together? That’s usually me.

among MANY others.  Vape refills 2 expensive 4 me.

1 minute ago, Thatguyinktown said:

among MANY others.  Vape refills 2 expensive 4 me.

I have a kid and I don’t want him to smell second hand smoke. Plus my wife hates the smell. Also easiest to prepare. That’s why I go with vape. Good times on f13

Just now, Manny1985 said:

I have a kid and I don’t want him to smell second hand smoke. Plus my wife hates the smell. Also easiest to prepare. That’s why I go with vape. Good times on f13

I just use a water pipe with toilet paper tube, 3 dryer sheets and rubber bands for a homemade smoke buddy :P

32 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Totally understandable for you to form that opinion based off of what you've experienced. I'm not trying to change your opinion, but I'd like to share this. I was totally against pot back in high school. My brother started being a piece of shit when he started, and I assumed pot was the cause. I never wanted to end up being like him, so I refused to do it. Then I met a few people that smoked fairly regularly, and they seemed totally normal other than them obviously having more fun in school than I was. After a couple years of hanging out with them (sometimes WHILE they smoked) I decided I should form an opinion on it based off my own experience instead of my brother's. That was the day I realized how wrong I really was. It wasn't the pot that made him a shithead, he was just a shithead. Since then I've smoked fairly regularly. I've really only stopped because I had to fly somewhere and couldn't bring it, or because I had a drug test to take. I've met some amazing people who smoke constantly, and I've met some shitty people that do too. It truly does effect everyone differently, but a shitty person will always be a shitty person, regardless of what they're doing.

I've held a steady position at my job for almost 7 years now, and was just trained last week to repair a line of industrial robots that we sell. I've never had it effect my job, and I don't let anyone know that I smoke. I look the part, but I don't act it.

If you get anything out of this and what @Sweenmasheen shared, I want you to understand that not EVERYONE who does it fits the negative stereotype. Some of the smartest people I've met are regular smokers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Awwww.. Gawwwd.  Theres just always gotta be that one guy that chimes in with his whole hollier than thou "Ain't never seen a successful stoner' Rant.

You make it sound like everyone needs to live a Disney Life style or their lives are complete trash.

Everyone i know smokes weed.  Some live in basements, some live in apartments.  Some live in houses.   None of them have a white picket fence.  Because white picket fence can't hide a crop of weed in your backyard.  Need a tall, wooden fence. (Barbed wired too depending on where you live)

Besides, if some wanker with no job, likes to smoke weed all day and lick pennys and run around naked.. Who cares...  I don't

Could always google Successful stoners..  They do exist..  :D

@HuDawg Sounds like Voorhees subscribes to the "If i don't know about it, it doesn't exist" mindset.  It's not a fault of theirs, it's only natural.  I didn't know about all my family members who've ever/still do smoke up until I started asking.

Personally, i've never met a person who admitted to having a profile on the discreet affair website Ashley Madison, yet they added 5.7 million new users in just 2017 alone. So chances are I would know someone on it if I looked into it.

6 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Stoners have annoying personalities to me. Always talking about how high they get and how trippy a $20 bill looks like on weed and giggling like a moron.

I never talked about a $20 bill not once when I was smoking maybe they're on acid and you seen them smoking talking about a $20 bill. But I smoke everyday I work 40 plus hours a week pay my bills and rent on time. 

• Like 1

It's all subjective.

I know stoners and alcoholics who are total scumsucking, leeching, back stabbing pieces of trash. 

I know straight-laced, never touched weed or alcohol, upstanding types who are total scumsucking, leeching, back stabbing pieces of trash. 

Also those two same labels who are the most genuine, honest and just plain pleasant people to the core who do every mind altering substance imaginable. From "trailer park 'trash'" to CEO's of highly successful companies.

I rub elbows with them all, some by choice and some out of necessity. 

Boxing your perception of anything from your own experiences into a stereotype is just closing down the doors on some of the greatest people and unique memories life has to offer.

Just my opinion, of course.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Stoners have annoying personalities to me. Always talking about how high they get and how trippy a $20 bill looks like on weed and giggling like a moron.

Pretty sure thats angel dust hommes....  

6 minutes ago, Hell Toupee said:

Isn't it the rule that the counselors partaking in substance abuse are the first ones to get killed?

No it just gauranteed they will die.

16 minutes ago, Hell Toupee said:

Isn't it the rule that the counselors partaking in substance abuse are the first ones to get killed?

10 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

No it just gauranteed they will die.

Marty begs to differ

cabin-in-the-woods-stoner.jpg