Manny1985

Levels of Sobriety and Gameplay

Levels of Sobrity  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer to play the game....

• Drunk
    • High (pot)
    • Sober
    • Cross Faded
    • Strike Out ( See BeerFest)

I usually am pretty stoned when I play this game, and I often encounter people in the same state of mind. How does the rest of the community play? Do you have issues when playing against people under the influence?

• Haha 1

Used to play it fairly crossfaded (Thanks state with legal marijuana!) But it got too frustrating for me, takes me out of the game.

I play better sober, but playing high does get me more tense and excited.  Gets my blood boiling B)

I voted 'drunk' as there was no option for 'comfortably numb'. I like to play during bourbon sessions. But, I've played many times sober as well.

• Like 1

I like playing games stoned the most, but only smoke a few times a year now. Usually when drinking I am watching movies with the old lady. 

So i may say sober or while having a few beers. Start getting drunk and its pointless to play a game because i quit caring about objectives. Although drunk Leroy Lachappa runs can be quite entertaining.

A lot depends on if i am playing with a fun or sillly group, or people that take it seriously and want to play right. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

if I come across someone that I can tell is drunk or high, I leave that lobby.

Just out of curiosity, why...?

Edit: I ask because I've seen LFG posts that say "no stoners" and I don't understand why it would really matter.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

You played as Jason too, that was a messed up round.

i still don’t remember.....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Riot_Dame said:

i still don’t remember.....

It was the first and only time I've heard Jason trash talk the counselors.

1 minute ago, Thatguyinktown said:

It was the first and only time I've heard Jason trash talk the counselors.

ok i trash talked but did i kill them?

12 minutes ago, Truth said:

Just out of curiosity, why...?

Edit: I ask because I've seen LFG posts that say "no stoners" and I don't understand why it would really matter.

Lol.  I've joined no stoner lobbies and acted like I hated weed just to see what goes on in there.

They where so uptight about everything, for Jason so called spawn killing someone (1 min into the match) to Jason slashing people..  Strangely enough it was me that repaired the two seater alone and picked up the tight ass lobby host on the way out.

While driving the car off road, dodging trees and Jason shifting..got near the exit so i tell the guy.. "Just so you know, im really stoned, so hows my driving"    As we exited the map in the car.   Basically i saved his has..  

And  then he kicked me after when we loaded back up into the main lobby...      Really dude?  :D 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I'm one of those boring people that doesn't drink or smoke, and don't like to be around people that do either. I've been told I'm real "Fun" at parties. I would leave a lobby full of drunk or high people. Do what you want, but I don't want to be around it, even via the web. 

14 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

And  then he kicked me after when we loaded back up into the main lobby...

See I don't get that. You clearly played the game just fine. What's the difference? I don't care if you're tripping balls (that would be crazy...) while you play. Just be productive and have fun, that's all that matters.

1 minute ago, carnage4u said:

I'm one of those boring people that doesn't drink or smoke, and don't like to be around people that do either. I've been told I'm real "Fun" at parties. I would leave a lobby full of drunk or high people. Do what you want, but I don't want to be around it, even via the web. 

I understand not wanting to partake yourself. But why does it matter that some dude on his couch is hitting a bong between matches? How does that impact your experience?

Again, I'm not trying to be a dick or judge you guys, I just want to understand.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, carnage4u said:

Theres different levels of being drunk and stoned.  

Sure, really drunk people can be loud and annoying.   

But someone thats really stoned (on weed) is pretty quiet. ..lol

And someone whos slightly buzzin' be it on weed or booze are usually pretty chill and alot more easy going.  You probably wouldn't even notice anything.

• Like 1

Just now, NoOneK9503 said:

Oh no... This is one of these topics...