Cokeyskunk

POLL: Seven 10/10 Counselors vs. +Everything Jason - WHO WOULD WIN?

POLL: Seven 10/10 Counselors vs. +Everything Jason - WHO WOULD WIN?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. POLL: Seven 10/10 Counselors vs. +Everything Jason - WHO WOULD WIN?

• Seven 10/10 Counselors
    • +Everything Jason
  2. 2. Would You Like To Play This Version?

• Heck yes!! Sounds like a blast!
    • No way! You're a ridiculous toad.

Well, Jason SHOULD win in this scenario pretty much every single time.

But the way the game is currently, if the counselors were experienced counselor players with those stats, they'd just dogpile Jason, do a pinata style chain-stunning, and easily kill him.  

When an "everything Jason" isn't even a sure-fire 100% winner, something's wrong on the balancing side, lol.

16 minutes ago, AJLeatherman said:

When an "everything Jason" isn't even a sure-fire 100% winner, something's wrong on the balancing side, lol.

See, if you COULD say that -- then this game would get really boring, really fast.

With this, you're suggesting that, in this game mode, a novice Jason should be able to easily take out each and every counselor, regardless of their skill level.

Something's wrong with THAT balancing side, if you ask me.

The idea of this game mode wasn't to make Jason unescapable. It was to add a new dynamic to gameplay where ALL players received the greatest buffs possible.

I never want to face a Jason where escaping him is an absolute impossibility, and I doubt others do, either.

It would be insanity. With no cooldowns and immediate access to all abilities Jason would butcher all of them with ease.

5 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

See, if you COULD say that -- then this game would get really boring, really fast.

With this, you're suggesting that, in this game mode, a novice Jason should be able to easily take out each and every counselor, regardless of their skill level.

Something's wrong with THAT balancing side, if you ask me.

The idea of this game mode wasn't to make Jason unescapable. It was to add a new dynamic to gameplay where ALL players received the greatest buffs possible.

I never want to face a Jason where escaping him is an absolute impossibility, and I doubt others do, either.

A "normal" Jason should not be invincible, of course.  But if we're saying Jason, who if true to the movies should be killing 90%+ of the counselors anyway, is now a max-powered "beast mode" Jason then yes, in that hypothetical he SHOULD be pretty much unbeatable.

Would I like to play in a game, either as a counselor or as Jason, where he had every ability with no cooldown?  No, doesn't seem like it would be any fun.  It would be like playing a baseball sim and editing a guy's stats where he batted .800 and had 200 homers a season - where's the fun in just basically hitting a home run ALL the time.

But whether people would enjoy playing it or not, the Jason described in the original post would (and should) be nearly impossible to defeat with any Jason player who even remotely knew what he was doing.

2 minutes ago, AJLeatherman said:

A "normal" Jason should not be invincible, of course.  But if we're saying Jason, who if true to the movies should be killing 90%+ of the counselors anyway, is now a max-powered "beast mode" Jason then yes, in that hypothetical he SHOULD be pretty much unbeatable.

Would I like to play in a game, either as a counselor or as Jason, where he had every ability with no cooldown?  No, doesn't seem like it would be any fun.  It would be like playing a baseball sim and editing a guy's stats where he batted .800 and had 200 homers a season - where's the fun in just basically hitting a home run ALL the time.

But whether people would enjoy playing it or not, the Jason described in the original post would (and should) be nearly impossible to defeat with any Jason player who even remotely knew what he was doing.

I agree with you that this would surely be heavily Jason-favored, as it is in the movies. But I'm thinking more 75 - 80% total annihilation efficiency. Which should be fun for talented counselor players as a challenge.

I was simply refuting your claim of:

34 minutes ago, AJLeatherman said:

If that were the ratio, almost no one would want to play that game.

5 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

I

I was simply refuting your claim of:

If that were the ratio, almost no one would want to play that game.

LOL, that's my whole point - I *wouldn't* want to play that game for that very reason.  If the game was fairly balanced, Jason would be a 100% sure-fire winner. 

But under the current balancing with chain-stunning and quick mask removals, even this hypothetical "Everything Jason" would get his fair share of kills, which is a problem.

10 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Okay, lots of games offer "God Modes."

Suppose you had an option to let ALL counselors start with Tommy Jarvis stats:

• 10/10 across the board
  • Spawn with shotgun
  • Spawn with pocket knife
  • Spawn with med spray
  • ALL perks shift to LEGENDARY for just these rounds

BUT, in exchange, Jason receives:

• +EVERYTHING
  • Can run (regardless of version selected)
  • Spawn with 10 throwing knives
  • Spawn with 10 traps 
  • NO COOLDOWNS - powers immediately available and can be used repeatedly with no cooldown times

Would this be an epic life-or-death struggle match, or a no-contest blowout?

Pull up a chair. Let's talk.

I love Chaos.