Sign in to follow this  
thrasher585

Bad Lag on Xbox One version

When I attempt to play this game online on Xbox One, my ping is unbearably high. It is always 200+ or higher. All of my other games have good connections, so it isn't on my end.

Is anything being done to fix this? I like the gameplay, but I can barely play it. I can't return it either since I opened it. 

Thanks.

14 minutes ago, thrasher585 said:

When I attempt to play this game online on Xbox One, my ping is unbearably high. It is always 200+ or higher. All of my other games have good connections, so it isn't on my end.

Is anything being done to fix this? I like the gameplay, but I can barely play it. I can't return it either since I opened it. 

Thanks.

Are you hard wired or using WiFi?  I had the same issue on PS4 using WiFi.  I hard wired it and it is much better. 

8 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Are you hard wired or using WiFi?

Also @thrasher585, where are you located? I know some people in Europe complain that they get tossed into Russian lobbies with shitty pings. Just trying to chip away at potential reasons for the lag.

25 minutes ago, thrasher585 said:

Thanks.

I can't say for sure, but I think it has something to do with the speed of the host. I have a 300Mbps Internet connection and sometimes my ping is 300+ with some hosts and in the 60s with other hosts. When I'm hosting, most of the players have a ping of 60-90 and then there's always 1-2 players who's ping is 150-300 (I chalk this up to their connections not being the best)

@ShiftySamurai or maybe @[IllFonic]Courier would have a better explanation??

2 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

I can't say for sure, but I think it has something to do with the speed of the host.

This is a major part of the problem. If the host is in a house with 100 mb connection and there are other people using the connection to watch Netflix you'll get lag.

I just left a lobby that everyone had 900+ ms pings and when I asked the host what kind of internet he had he said he shared a house with 4 people and they were on a DSL connection. I began to berate him about being an idiot for hosting and then decided just to leave.

3 hours ago, AdmiralJT said:

This is a major part of the problem. If the host is in a house with 100 mb connection and there are other people using the connection to watch Netflix you'll get lag.

I just left a lobby that everyone had 900+ ms pings and when I asked the host what kind of internet he had he said he shared a house with 4 people and they were on a DSL connection. I began to berate him about being an idiot for hosting and then decided just to leave.

When you connect into a QP game load in with open spots and everyone has lags in the red....yeah, that scenario is when I'll gladly take salt points to leave, because will be a shitshow from the jump anyway.

10 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

When you connect into a QP game load in with open spots and everyone has lags in the red....yeah, that scenario is when I'll gladly take salt points to leave, because will be a shitshow from the jump anyway.

I really don't care if we get anything else this year other than dedicated servers and the salt mines. Those 2 things are going to fix about 85 percent of the gripes about this game.

4 hours ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Are you hard wired or using WiFi?  I had the same issue on PS4 using WiFi.  I hard wired it and it is much better. 

I am hardwired.

3 hours ago, Truth said:

Also @thrasher585, where are you located? I know some people in Europe complain that they get tossed into Russian lobbies with shitty pings. Just trying to chip away at potential reasons for the lag.

I am located in Canada.

I tend to get on alright with 200 ping matches, when it gets to around 300+ that's when things get very laggy. My internet speed is beyond terrible and that's why you'll never see me host. I have set my xbox region to North America because I found that filters out the hopelessly laggy far eastern Europe matches.

Not sure why the ping is so bad. In F13 my ping is often 225-425ms. I can play Deep Rock Galactic (also peer 2 peer) and my ping generally doesn't go above 180ms (95-125ms average). The best ping I can hope for in F13 is about 130ms and that doesn't happen unless it's late at night.

I hopped on last night and quick play made me host. First match was alright, highest ping was like 170. We got back to the lobby and everyone spiked over 900. It never went back down so I just dropped it before the match started. I have no idea what happened there, but I decided it was a sign that I should do something else with my time.