Jump to content

New Road Map Poll and specific Details.  

116 members have voted

  1. 1. This is For The Development Team to see Gun Media and Illfonic guys.Can We Fans Have specific details on a new map.Nothing has Been Decided yet I Understand. But Can you guys sit down and talk about an official plan and Ideas that F13th Gamers can look Forward too on A New Map.Specific Details On New Jason Skin,Counselors,Camp Forest Green Map,Shepherds House Map,Grendel,Manhattan etc.

    • We Need a New Road Map with specific details For The Summer and Fall
    • Its Too Early for a New Road Map.


Recommended Posts

im dissapointed enough.

a new roadmap is a must.

i really want to know if camp forest green is next.

shepherds house.

will tine shepherd be in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/03/2018 at 7:07 PM, TADAARAIS said:

Well id like to know for sure what the team has decided to move forward and do with maps and other things.

I Really think that if we dont ask them to give us another map then they will make us wait untill october and go all summer long with no plan or idea.

I Want to see if they can at least give us a question and awnsers some time this summer with a group of guys from Gun and Illfonic.

Im hoping that they will give us what we are asking for.

5 Maps is becoming boring to play over and over again.

Cant we Get one more New map for summer.

Wouldn't you prefer a Lazarus boat or Manhattan backstreets map? I think the reason the maps are getting a bit stale is that they are all camp grounds. It's the same old things over and over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

Wouldn't you prefer a Lazarus boat or Manhattan backstreets map? I think the reason the maps are getting a bit stale is that they are all camp grounds. It's the same old things over and over.

Agreed. It's repetitive and boring. We need something different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FinalBoy said:

Agreed. It's repetitive and boring. We need something different.

I wouldn't go that far, I just think now (almost a year on from release) would be the perfect time to start shaking things up a little. Would really give the game a freshen up. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

I wouldn't go that far, I just think now (almost a year on from release) would be the perfect time to start shaking things up a little. Would really give the game a freshen up. 

Maybe your right. i give up this game isnt designed for the ideas that everyone has.

might as well hang it up.

shifty said its not happening.

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TADAARAIS said:

Maybe your right. i give up this game isnt designed for the ideas that everyone has.

might as well hang it up.

shifty said its not happening.

 

Said what's not happening?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please give us a new roadmap it made everything so exciting ;-;

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TADAARAIS said:

shifty said that maps that have not been talked about are not happening.

I think Shifty meant (to paraphrase) "giving specific details about maps that we haven't even talked about will not be happening". As in "if we haven't actually discussed a map in the public domain yet - we're not gonna be giving details about it". At least that's how I read it. I don't think he meant "if we haven't discussed it, the map won't be happening at all".

By your logic, that would mean the only map that is ever going to be released is the Grendel, as they haven't mentioned/discussed any others. 

Clarification @ShiftySamurai?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Splatterhouse said:

I think Shifty meant (to paraphrase) "giving specific details about maps that we haven't even talked about will not be happening". As in "if we haven't actually discussed a map in the public domain yet - we're not gonna be giving details about it". At least that's how I read it.

Correct.

Road maps spill all of the secret or exciting news about upcoming content by just lumping it all into a single image. There's no real info included. It leaves people too much time to speculate on WHAT the things will be well before we are ready to get into specifics. The simple truth is that plans can change, and then you're left trying to answer questions about a piece of proposed content that was an idea and an icon on a road map made 9 months ago instead of talking about what is right around the corner.

As you might be able to tell, I am not a huge fan of publishing content and feature road maps. That doesn't mean that one for sure isn't going to happen, but it means that I believe that we should always be focused on what is next instead of talking about the 17th item on the road map.

It also means that I would argue to keep some things off of the road map or left intentionally vague if I think that a later reveal could have a better impact. *Surprises are fun.

*SOME

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Makes sense @ShiftySamurai. I do still want some form of road map, after the anniversary but I'm happy to wait for a redesign. 

It could be presented as different paths leading through a camp, or a race to escape. Each path having surprises on it, like Jason Kill packs being a kill on the map, keeps it vague. Areas hidden from view till your sure it's going to be released, under a cabin, forest or road sign. Like stickers that look like they are supposed to be removed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Correct.

Road maps spill all of the secret or exciting news about upcoming content by just lumping it all into a single image. There's no real info included. It leaves people too much time to speculate on WHAT the things will be well before we are ready to get into specifics. The simple truth is that plans can change, and then you're left trying to answer questions about a piece of proposed content that was an idea and an icon on a road map made 9 months ago instead of talking about what is right around the corner.

As you might be able to tell, I am not a huge fan of publishing content and feature road maps. That doesn't mean that one for sure isn't going to happen, but it means that I believe that we should always be focused on what is next instead of talking about the 17th item on the road map.

It also means that I would argue to keep some things off of the road map or left intentionally vague if I think that a later reveal could have a better impact. *Surprises are fun.

*SOME

Ok i understand what your saying.

I Appreciate you responding.

Im excited about the April update that has been talked about.

I Guess i Assumed that Part 6 and 7 maps would go in order.

But i Do understand things that havent been talked about will not be discussed.

Surprises are fun.

If The Gun and Illfonic guys choose tomake another road map that would be great even though things change and road maps arent always the exact accurate to go by months down the road.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Splatterhouse said:

Wouldn't you prefer a Lazarus boat or Manhattan backstreets map? I think the reason the maps are getting a bit stale is that they are all camp grounds. It's the same old things over and over.

i disagree the reason they feel stale is because you most likely know them so well in my opinion a Manhattan map would suck because there's no tension to a city allyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, pioneer67fkd said:

i disagree the reason they feel stale is because you most likely know them so well in my opinion a Manhattan map would suck because there's no tension to a city allyway

I think a grendel map would be the best right now, totally different and it's Uber's playground. That would be tense for a while, trying to find the escape options in an all new atmosphere would make the games way more intense.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Redrum138 said:

I think a grendel map would be the best right now, totally different and it's Uber's playground. That would be tense for a while, trying to find the escape options in an all new atmosphere would make the games way more intense.

yeah grendel will be a good map because it's a tight space with supernatural killer but my opinion on Manhattan allyways as a map stands

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, pioneer67fkd said:

yeah grendel will be a good map because it's a tight space with supernatural killer but my opinion on Manhattan allyways as a map stands

I hear ya, I think the ship from 8 as a map would be badass. Get to a life boat, find some oars. Maybe repair the rig to drop the boat to the water too. That would be cool! Instead of calling the cops, call the coast guard. Maybe call Tommy, and he can arrive in a boat too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Correct.

Road maps spill all of the secret or exciting news about upcoming content by just lumping it all into a single image. There's no real info included. It leaves people too much time to speculate on WHAT the things will be well before we are ready to get into specifics. The simple truth is that plans can change, and then you're left trying to answer questions about a piece of proposed content that was an idea and an icon on a road map made 9 months ago instead of talking about what is right around the corner.

As you might be able to tell, I am not a huge fan of publishing content and feature road maps. That doesn't mean that one for sure isn't going to happen, but it means that I believe that we should always be focused on what is next instead of talking about the 17th item on the road map.

It also means that I would argue to keep some things off of the road map or left intentionally vague if I think that a later reveal could have a better impact. *Surprises are fun.

*SOME

Fairplay. Appreciate the clarification. Nice one Shifty.  

^This guy knows what he's doing!^

Nails it. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rather than a road map, I'd prefer an announcement when something is like 95% done and could be released in a week or two. It puts less pressure on a development team, yet it also gives the player base something to look forward to. If the development team has plans that change, we would be less likely to know about it, and therefore be less likely to get upset.

15 hours ago, pioneer67fkd said:

i disagree the reason they feel stale is because you most likely know them so well in my opinion a Manhattan map would suck because there's no tension to a city allyway

Memorization is a double-edged sword. You have the knowledge of all the spawn points for items, Jason's shack, etc. On the other hand, having that knowledge takes a bit of the suspense out of a match. The randomness of players in Quick Play does add a bit of the suspense back to the equation.

14 hours ago, Redrum138 said:

I think a grendel map would be the best right now, totally different and it's Uber's playground. That would be tense for a while, trying to find the escape options in an all new atmosphere would make the games way more intense.

Every new map brings a freshness to the game for a time. Once it is memorized, the players will crave something new down the road. Think of it like someone getting a brand new anything (car, phone, etc.). The hype is there for a while, then people get use to it. I personally look forward to the Grendel map, whenever it comes along.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need roap map with name of the dlc and maybe release date but before creating roadmap they should allowed themselves to announce it if paranoia mode is coming or get cancelled because if you the paranoia said game mode and we are really hyped and excited cause we saw paranoia in game mode but the owner gonna said the paranoia will not coming or cancelled a lot people will get mad or pissed and sad because we are waiting so long and they will cancelled it that is mess up!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fair Play said:

 

Memorization is a double-edged sword. You have the knowledge of all the spawn points for items, Jason's shack, etc. On the other hand, having that knowledge takes a bit of the suspense out of a match. The randomness of players in Quick Play does add a bit of the suspense back to the equation.

no it doesn't if anything it makes it more stale because you know map better than jason most likely 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, MsJones-23 said:

We need roap map with name of the dlc and maybe release date but before creating roadmap they should allowed themselves to announce it if paranoia mode is coming or get cancelled because if you the paranoia said game mode and we are really hyped and excited cause we saw paranoia in game mode but the owner gonna said the paranoia will not coming or cancelled a lot people will get mad or pissed and sad because we are waiting so long and they will cancelled it that is mess up!!

i Agree i think a new Road map showing possiable Maps for the game with very detailed explainations of Maps,Counselors clothing dlcs etc.

I Really want to see what Map is next.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Road maps are simply a bad idea.

Devs put them out and then the community throws an everliving shit fit if the devs don't adhere 100% to them. 

Now, I'm not saying that the devs shouldn't communicate with players, far from it.  Some teases here or there are good.  And then when they officially know when something is good to go then announce it for hype purposes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Road maps are actually a great idea. Lots of companies use them and they work great.

That said, road maps are only a great idea for companies capable of keeping a schedule or consistently delivering on promises...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, pioneer67fkd said:

no it doesn't if anything it makes it more stale because you know map better than jason most likely 

On the flip side, a Jason that knows the map well enough could say the same when presented with a group of inexperienced counselors. Staleness, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.

3 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Road maps are actually a great idea. Lots of companies use them and they work great.

That said, road maps are only a great idea for companies capable of keeping a schedule or consistently delivering on promises...

It's all about the consistency.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×