carnage4u

The Jason Kills and the Taunting..

45 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

Increasing HP is way more important. Fixing chain-stunning/hitting goes without saying regardless.

Im not actually referring to just the stun (that needs fixing too), but Jason does suffer damage off at the end of certain stun hits and pocket knife.  This leads to easy demasking especially if Tommy is doing it.

Yes the way to kill Jason is really good, I don't want it to disappear. 

They need to fix confrontation with counselors to not be unsmaked, a Jason should be powerful even against a bunch of lvl150 counselors.

But every steps after unmasked are good and really fair.

Just now, GeneiJin said:

Im not actually referring to just the stun (that needs fixing too), but Jason does suffer damage off at the end of certain stun hits and pocket knife.  This leads to easy demasking especially if Tommy is doing it.

It's generally called "chain-stunning", that's why I added "/hitting". 

Even if it wasn't fixed, if killing Jason was set up like I suggested it wouldn't make much of a difference.

3 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I just cant wait to see @DorianRo put his 2 cents into this topic. That's right, I summoned him. Bwahahaha

200w.gif

On topic though ,I believe that their should be a different death for each Jason .Jason being killed to me, tips more on the Jason players fault for letting that happen.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Gloved One said:

Jason being killed to me, tips more on the Jason players fault for letting that happen.

I disagree with that statement.  I've organized many J-kills against players I regard as Good Jasons.  Especially with the "Sweater Demask" tech that Tommy86 mentioned, it's actually a bit of a scam. :wacko:

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

I disagree with that statement.  I've organized many J-kills against players I regard as Good Jasons.  Especially with the "Sweater Demask" tech that Tommy86 mentioned, it's actually a bit of a scam. :wacko:

Once my Xbox One stops having connecting and disconnecting problems with my controller, I  have to play with you guys .Through my time playing I have never witnessed nor have done a Jason kill .

1 minute ago, The Gloved One said:

Once my Xbox One stops having connecting and disconnecting problems with my controller, I  have to play with you guys .Through my time playing I have never witnessed nor have done a Jason kill .

Wow, I'm actually surprised, lol.  Sorry I'm on PC, otherwise I'd definitely would invite you to play with us :)

1 minute ago, GeneiJin said:

Wow, I'm actually surprised, lol.  Sorry I'm on PC, otherwise I'd definitely would invite you to play with us :)

Yep. Im level 91 and have been playing since the beginning .The moons for me have to line up precisely for it to happen. Anyways, Have a good night or Day and keep Slashing!!!

The only true defense against a Jason kill is making sure Tommy isn't called. Otherwise you have to rely on glitches or mistakes to be made. All that's required is minimal competence and organization. 

With the way the player base is now, this current way of killing Jason isn't good enough. It feels like a shell of what it could be, or a first draft. Now that the basics (which is all there is) are understood, it's time to flesh it out. It needs to be more of a viable experience for both sides.

I remember someone got the sweater almost immediately and I spent the next 5 mins chasing him as it was pretty clear they were going to try and kill me. The guy eventually switched on his mic and started giving me shit for it

On 3/24/2018 at 9:23 PM, carnage4u said:

40% of games I play. Jason is getting killed. (over the past week) I am not the person playing Jason in these scenarios.  These Jason players have been fighting to the death.  Which is nice of them to do.  Howsoever the people killing them. usually the 100+ level characters just taunt and mock the shit out of Jason.  My question is why? this game is heavily in favor of a couple players being able to kill him so its not even an accomplishment, but EVERY game, people just gave the Jason player Extreme shit.

If the Jason player doesn't stand and fight, then he is given shit, but honestly I'm all up for fighting and dying, but honestly if people taunt as much as they do I hope the Jason player just goes and sits in the water. There is no reason to be so extreme in the insults when the game mechanics are so imbalanced.

Really? 40%? Lies. Straight up lies. I also saw someone post that they survive 98% of the time. Really? For every 100 games, you get away 98 times and only die 2. #fakenews

18 minutes ago, americanalien said:

Really? 40%? Lies. Straight up lies. I also saw someone post that they survive 98% of the time. Really? For every 100 games, you get away 98 times and only die 2. #fakenews

It's the internet... Everyone exaggerates...

• Haha 1

In 4 months of daily Random QP play, , I've seen Jason killed only 3 times on the PS4.   In private matches, I would assume the percentage goes up a bit due to the communicating Bully Up on Jason but Ive hardly ever seen it in QP 

1 minute ago, AdmiralJT said:

The irony that this is the truth.

Awe... I meant to go back and edit it to say "12/10 people exaggerate"... Damn short term memory....

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I wont disagree with that. I would also like to see a way for Jason to strike at multiple people at once when surrounded. 

Just like what's suggested in this video?

This seems to be a good place for me to talk about this. @Tommy86, @GeneiJin What do you two suggest to prevent situations like the ones you showed me (the sweater girl appearing with Tommy and killing you instantly)?

This happened today and took me by surprise. I'm not even using fighting perks, so I think it's kind of ridiculous that it took 3 hits to unmask him as Shelly. 

I rarely see Jason killed in quickplay,  in fact I still don't have the badge for it, but I think they definitely need to raise Jason's hit points.

I have never seen Jason get killed unless the person playing as him is in on it and letting their friends kill them. However, for the sake of argument let's say Jason is getting killed frequently. I think an easy fix would be to have the radio house marked on Jason's map. Then he can morph right to it, cut the power, trap the box. That would give counselors a couple extra steps and give Jason a chance to zap back if they fuck up the repair.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NoOneK9503 said:

This seems to be a good place for me to talk about this. @Tommy86, @GeneiJin What do you two suggest to prevent situations like the ones you showed me (the sweater girl appearing with Tommy and killing you instantly)?

To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure what Jason can do.  Normally, against players that push objectives, Jason can be put a disadvantage.  This is what usually happen in a typical QP match when no one is really going for the J-kill.  When you now sudden throw in only 2-3 players were the only goal is to murder Jason, I just think Jason is too overwhelm.  He can ether prioritize objectives, which is the long-standing meta of trapping the phone first then the cars to prevent escapes, or attempt to cut power to thwart Tommy from spawn and hunt down the J-killer to prevent the J-kill.  With the "Sweater Demask" tech,  Jason is just put into SUCH a DISADVANTAGE that once Tommy and Sweater come together with proper weapons, Jason can not do anything without risk of instant death.  I won't lie to you, when I read about this technique, I was both amused and really upset.  I already thought Jason kill was too easy and needed some change, but now this allow for any 3 players (don't even need to be all that skilled) and a Jason that can go into Private match to practice it a few times, then go to public match to off any Jason calling him trash despite how unfairly stacked the situation is. 

The only two guaranteed way Jason can avoid getting killed is ether become a fish, or body block the entrance of his shack for the entire game. Ether way, Jason now isn't playing the game, and how fun do you think running around the map without a killer would be?  :unsure:

@GeneiJin What if you also trap the power box in Tommy's cabin?

Jason players rarely do this, even in Private Matches, where the snake will smoke (brazilian slang). If they do this, Jason will have a chance for the others to give up killing him.

Or the Jason players, when they're alerted someone is entering the shack, they can just Morph there, pray for Tommy to not be there and pursue the sweater girl until the kill.

1 hour ago, AdmiralJT said:

This happened today and took me by surprise. I'm not even using fighting perks, so I think it's kind of ridiculous that it took 3 hits to unmask him as Shelly. 

I rarely see Jason killed in quickplay,  in fact I still don't have the badge for it, but I think they definitely need to raise Jason's hit points.

Part 2 Jason has -Defense.

3 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

Still, it shouldn't be that much of a minus. 

Maybe they could debuff the -Defense stat to make the -Defense Jasons a LITTLE more durable with the masks, but not TOO much or else other Jasons could be impossible to kill. The buff to the defense stats for the Jasons would overall affect the possibilities of sending that mask to mars. We also haven't seen what a +Defense Jason looks like (Uber Jason could illustrate what that would look for us.) so we need to be mindful of what we do to the defense stat.

3 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

@GeneiJin What if you also trap the power box in Tommy's cabin?

Jason players rarely do this, even in Private Matches, where the snake will smoke (brazilian slang). If they do this, Jason will have a chance for the others to give up killing him.

Or the Jason players, when they're alerted someone is entering the shack, they can just Morph there, pray for Tommy to not be there and pursue the sweater girl until the kill.

Of course you can do that, but it just about as effective as trapping any other objective, which is to say, it won't hold up for long against seasoned counselors.  Still, until there is a way for Jason to know which box to cut besides the clue in the opening cut, its a 1/3 or 1/4 chance of cutting the right box, and assuming Tommy hasn't been called already.