BigJay

Will paranoia be the only other game mode we get in the game?

36 minutes ago, UlfKarl said:

haha keep dreaming, you will never see paranoia

I guess you know better than I *shrugs*

3 minutes ago, JPops said:

I think you're confused. The rule is......

"I before E except after C"

Hahahahahaaaaaa

5 minutes ago, JPops said:

I would love to see your face when you find out Paranoia was cancelled forever loooooooooooooool

To be more accurate, they stated that it was being placed on indefinite hold, as the experience was not fun and they could not figure out a way to make it fun.  @wes then went on to say that if they can figure out a way to make it fun, they would then revisit it.

2 minutes ago, Kaelum said:

To be more accurate, they stated that it was being placed on indefinite hold, as the experience was not fun and they could not figure out a way to make it fun.  If they can figure out a way to make it fun, then, and only then, would they revisit it.

Nope, it's not happening. @UlfKarlsaid. And he KNOWS

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, JPops said:

We know this company has a history of not delivering (ie console dedicated servers) and basically no one believes they will actually deliver on paranoia, especially after they all but gave themselves an out

3 hours ago, 7theye said:

We know this company has a history of not delivering (ie console dedicated servers) and basically no one believes they will actually deliver on paranoia, especially after they all but gave themselves an out

Dedicated servers for consoles are in fact coming ;)

16 minutes ago, JPops said:

Dedicated servers for consoles are in fact coming ;)

Hopefully! 

Well, if they ever do revisit the idea, I think they should base it off of "Jason Goes to Hell" with Jason possessing the counselors, taking over a new body until only one remains, at which point Jason would be "reborn" in his part 9 appearance. They could even toss in a Creighton Duke cameo with the magical Kandarian dagger to fight Jason with!

Looking at the saltmines and the loopholes there, i doubt there will be many players coming back. They don´t even react to questions about that loophole. So yeah, i guess if they don´t manage to do something about the low playerbase i don´t even see paranoia coming tbh. Also if they think about making other modes, they should imo first get rid of every bug/glitch and make sure that cheaters/trolls and leavers are dealt with properly and in an acceptable amount of time. if you can´t do that don´t make a PvP. or at least don´t expect to have a big playerbase....

Just give me Paranoia so I can kill someone as Tiffany and Run off really quickly so no one notices me.

But seriously though, I think if Paranoia does come and IF it will be good, Then maybe they could go for different modes.

• Like 1

It still hurts that they teased/promoted a brand new game mode for months and labeled it as "coming soon" when it was so far in the prototype stages they had no clear idea of what it was and then told us it wasn't really fun anyway so they won't waste anymore time on it because the PC player count is dying and no dedicated servers is hurting consoles...

:unsure:

7 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Just thinking out loud if you will, but maybe the Jason model isn't needed (if it can't be done easily), or work for paranoia. 

So a counselor has the mask in their inventory, either at the beginning of the match (paranoia) they're randomly choosen, or grabbed off the ground after a rage quit. The character who has the mask is the killer. 

When the mask is selected in their inventory, they power up getting access to Jason's powers and the ability to team kill. When de-selected they become a normal counselor, or become a random clone of a still alive counselor (allowing them to get close). The mask can only be worn for short periods of time and has a limit of about two minutes, before it goes back into your inventory. Forcing you to use it only when you need to. It has a balanced cool down, before it can be used again, rage could let you keep it as long as needed.

When the mask is off, you're a normal counselor and can do anything they can, but as soon as the mask is on you lose those abilities, ie. climb through windows, barricade doors, pick up items (spawn on the beach if dropped in the water),

Weapons, you use the same ones as the counselors, these only hurt other counselors when you have the mask on. If your not carrying a weapon, maybe Pamela's knife could be your backup. 

Running when the mask is on should modify your speed and stamina stats to reflect your having Shift and Morph.

Masked Counselor strengths and weaknesses

Strengths

-Plus Damage (uses counselor weapons but they're more dangerous)

- Plus Stalk

- Can Run

- Clone, bonus strength allows you to change your character model to a still living counselor on the map. 

Weaknesses

- Traps

- Defence or - Stun Resistance 

- Throwing Knives

It's possible that you are without the ability to collect more, can't reach them. Although you may use counselor traps, or disable counselor traps as a normal counselor, which balances it out a bit.

Moved this over rather than writing it out again,  http://forum.f13game.com/topic/17822-when-jason-quits/, here is the link if you interested. 

If Gun. is having a hard time balancing it they can always ask the player base for help. I think we will get more game modes, once they have less on their plate, so it will take some time. 

32 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

It still hurts that they teased/promoted a brand new game mode for months and labeled it as "coming soon" when it was so far in the prototype stages they had no clear idea of what it was and then told us it wasn't really fun anyway so they won't waste anymore time on it because the PC player count is dying and no dedicated servers is hurting consoles...

Despite the fact your block of text could use a few more periods, I agree with you, a definite counting chickens before they hatch scenario.

29 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

Come on Scott, you have been around long enough to be informed of the change to the time frame "soon" meaning a year to never now.

@UlfKarl, the time frame change memorandum was confirmed, correct?

In actual information, they said working on Paranoia was postponed to focus on getting dedicated servers out and fixing bugs. 

On 3/24/2018 at 7:36 PM, UlfKarl said:

I would love to see your face when you find out Paranoia was cancelled forever loooooooooooooool

Do you have one shred of evidence to back-up this claim?

I think game modes are not so much necessary as more maps with different win conditions to add variety. Grendel is a step in the right direction and we could have a lot of fun and possibilities with the SS Lazarus and Manhattan. 

I Want a Pamela Voorhees Game Mode.

I Also want to see 2 More Early Friday the 13th custom Camp Crystal lake maps from the late 1950s and 60s.

Everyone loves those early F13th maps.

I Also want to see The Nes Map with caves and Thick forest put into the game.

I want to see a sequal game to the 1989 Nes Friday the 13th in 8 bit.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, TADAARAIS said:

I Want a Pamela Voorhees Game Mode.

I Also want to see 2 More Early Friday the 13th custom Camp Crystal lake maps from the late 1950s and 60s.

Add this to my Pamela thread, those maps would be for her exclusively. Also add AI cats for jumpscares.

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/13126-game-mode-pamela-voorhees-4-vs-1/