NoOneK9503

Do I have no clue what I'm talking about?

Hey guys! Most of you already know me and the fact that due to me being poor, I cannot play the game. I have been in the forums for a long time and I love interacting with people here. But, there are users who have been furious with me (WJ) for not playing the game and posting comments as if I knew something about it.

Here is a comment by @Dr. Lecter:

"He does it because you don't play the game, yet keep posting as if you have some clue about how the game works/should be improved."

I, in the other hand, have been "studying" the game since I heard about it in December 2016. I know all of the game's mechanics and I even though of watching Pappus too (I've given up on this due to discovering later that he teaches exploits). Through @Tommy86 and @Alkavian's gameplay testings, I've discovered lots of other things that impacts the game mechanics as well, like Sense avoidance perks and hiding being he only ways to become invisible to Jason's Sense and using Throwing Knives to stop counselors from climbing through windows.

Now, the questions are: Should I stop posting comments as if I have clue about how the game works? Or I know about the game's mechanics and I'm allowed to continue posting like I always do?

14 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

Hey guys! Most of you already know me and the fact that due to me being poor, I cannot play the game. I have been in the forums for a long time and I love interacting with people here. But, there are users who have been furious with me (WJ) for not playing the game and posting comments as if I knew something about it.

"He does it because you don't play the game, yet keep posting as if you have some clue about how the game works/should be improved."

I, in the other hand, have been "studying" the game since I heard about it in December 2016. I know all of the game's mechanics and I even though of watching Pappus too (I've given up on this due to discovering later that he teaches exploits). Through @Tommy86 and @Alkavian's gameplay testings, I've discovered lots of other things that impacts the game mechanics as well, like Sense avoidance perks and hiding being he only ways to become invisible to Jason's Sense and using Throwing Knives to stop counselors from climbing through windows.

Now, the questions are: Should I stop posting comments as if I have clue about how the game works? Or I know about the game's mechanics and I'm allowed to continue posting like I always do?

Well I honestly didn't know you haven't played the game, I am sorry to hear this. You say you're poor so I take it you can't afford the game or the computer or console to play it with? I don't want to upset you, I am just trying to understand your situation to begin with. Secondly, you have fooled me with some of your posts as they read as well as anyone else who plays the game!

Everyone's entitled to freedom of speech on the forum (within moderation reasons of course). Don't let a few bad eggs or sarcastic comments like the fastest Indian motorcycle rider who happens to eat people get you down. If you have something to say, to add to any discussion and want to say it - do so. Don't let peer pressure from others get in the way. I am always happy to read everyone's comments and the more and differing opinions should generate a healthy and more interesting conversation on all topics.

So my answer to your question is do what you feel like and keep posting. Many people play the game and think they know it all and get a lot of misconceptions, if you watch enough videos and really delve into the core of the game and study it you might have as good if not better knowledge than some of the player base. In fact many players are biased to improvements depending on their in game experience or if they prefer Jason or a Counsellor. As someone that doesn't play you have a less biased and more trustworthy opinion if that helps give you some confidence and optimism.

@NoOneK9503 You've been around the block on this forum a lot longer than I have and probably have a greater knowledge of the game than I do. It would be a shame for you to stop posting. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

You do You.You seem to be pretty educated on what you know ,Some people on here have played the game and still don't understand the mechanics (hint ,:rolleyes:hint ).The forum overall enjoys your welcome!

Moved to off-topic.

You're entitled to post and have an opinion just as anyone else is. Ignore the nay-sayers :)

While you can learn things from playing the game, you can from watching as well. Before I got the game I learned the basics from watching. By you watching lots of gameplay, I'm sure you have been able to observe quite a bit and take away things which you've been able to share and discuss here.  

A lot of people know a lot about sports without playing them. 

Keep posting @NoOneK9503. If only so we can keep seeing Crazy Ralph lolcrazy-ralph.png

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

@VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow Since you has some affinity with me, what do you have to say about this subject?

You can post opinions but until you play the game, we will have to take your gameplay suggestions with a grain of salt. I'm surprised you're so dedicated to a game you can't play.

Maybe instead of making a proposition like "I think this and that should be added/changed," pose it as a question, like "What do you think about this or that being added/changed." Then you are not talking out of your ass, you would be instigating a discussion.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Maybe instead of making a proposition like "I think this and that should be added/changed," pose it as a question, like "What do you think about this or that being added/changed." Then you are not talking out of your ass, you would be instigating a discussion.

Wow. This is a great suggestion! I'll take that in mind when I start a discussion.

• Like 2

@Dr. Lecter @NoOneK9503 @VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

Heres my toughts on the matter...

You dont need to have a controller or a keyboard/mouse in your hand to unnderstand how the mechanics work or if theres a glitch/bug,your eyes and ears will suffice quite enough.

There are coaches that have never played sports but still manage to come up with strategies/plans for their sport teams just because they have watched a lot of sports enough time to understand how it all work,so VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow are you saying that their strategies/plans should also be taken with a grain of salt ? Well i dont think so,heck even the sport teams themselves take their strategies/plans without a grain of salt,so the same should apply to someone who might never have played F13 the game but watched so much of it that he/she got a pretty good idea of how the game work.

Also i would like to admit that i also didnt played the game yet,because i too am kinda poor,i would need to put a lot of money aside to buy a PS4 and even more for a decent PC wich would take quite some time (maybe months or 1-2 years),but on a lucky side,my brother bought a XboxOne not long ago (yeah he get more money than i,i know,i know),so i might be able to buy the game eventually tough it will be on that specific console at least.

But i still write in this forum because i am a fan of Jason and the franchise,and i wish for this game to become a good representation of the franchise,plus i also like to talk about said franchise at the same time.

@NoOneK9503 To be frank, you're probably one of the smarter people here; you waited until the game was out for a long time before you purchased. Many people bought the game almost immediately, but when their super high (and sometimes unrealistic) expectations were met short they became super pissy.

From what I understand you tried the PC version, but it failed on you. You could save up money for a PS4: it's a lot cheaper than a gaming PC, and the consoles tend to have a higher amount of people for this game in particular. Not to mention you don't have to make regular upgrades on it in order to have a good gaming experience, and the PSN also holds regular discounts on older & indie games that are a lot of fun to play.

These days I game more on the indie side; I crave a good story/immersion rather than some mindless killing/murder simulator like COD. Which is ironic considering I play this game occasionally too (albeit I main counselor, and only play Jason if I have to), but this game has a been a gold mine for ideas for a story I'm currently writing, so....

Edited by Trident77

On 3/24/2018 at 3:29 PM, NoOneK9503 said:

Keep posting. But also realize there is a difference between seeing and doing. You can learn a lot by watching. I had a heads up by watching the beta, for example. I jumped in on day 1 and had a small edge. However it took playing, and playing often, with many people and in many scenarios to cultivate my personal views on the game. 

Your insights are valuable as a spectator, NoOne. Sometimes the guys playing all the time may miss something because of our position with the game. You bring another angle and something we may have overlooked or taken for granted. 

All in all you seem to be a good guy, and for that reason alone, you should stick around. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

We should start a GoFundMe to get this man the ability to play the game!:D

I already tried to do this, but GoFundMe only accepts American citizens :(

1 hour ago, Risinggrave said:

All in all you seem to be a good guy, and for that reason alone, you should stick around. 

Excellent word choice. Stick!