Just now, GeneiJin said:

I run this exact combo, I have yet fallen into deep fear.  I love hearing Jasons telling me Jenny is trash as I loop them around the same cabin for 5 mins. :D

Pretty much have to limp her to scare her, but at that point she's dead and a moot point. Her braver than Jarvisness is quite the nuisance. Jenny isn't trash in the hands of a skilled player, although that can be said about all of the counselors. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Tommy said:

Pretty much have to limp her to scare her, but at that point she's dead and a moot point. Her braver than Jarvisness is quite the nuisance. Jenny isn't trash in the hands of a skilled player, although that can be said about all of the counselors. 

Yep, while its always true "in the right hands", because individual stat benefits are uneven, there is going to be subjectively better and worse counselors.  Much like how people hold high regard to Vanessa and Chad (for good reasons), they are also quick to point out the "trash" tiers.  After being a Vanessa main for my first 3 months, then switching back and forth between Vanessa and Jenny, and recently, only playing Jenny, she is defiantly not "trash".   I'd go as far as saying she is one of the better counselor in the game.

3 hours ago, Whammigobambam said:

But marathon is better on high stamina characters because of the much larger percentage. If we're talking restful versus marathon. In my opinion.

That is exactly what I said. You have to look at the math each perk is doing vs. what it is affecting on which counselor you are using at the time and what you want to do with all of this together. This does not make it as useful to a high stamina counselor as it would be to the low. The former already has a lot more stamina than the later. You could argue, even though the high stamina counselor gets a bigger boost, that it is irrelevant to them and they could benefit more from another perk.... they already have more than enough stamina to do the job anyway.

The original question was...which perk is better?
    The answer is simple. It depends on which counselor you use it with and what you intend to do with that counselor in the match. Knowing what the perks do and the mechanics of it are a big help. But if the question was in regards to all of the perks and which is the best... everyone will claim different perks are the best and give perfectly legitimate reasons for their statements (and we all know that several perks would never even make it into the discussion). It is quite possible that non of them are wrong.... several people have already made comments above about other perks that are perfectly reasonable to the situation they are talking about.

You only get to use three perks. Choose wisely considering what you want to do. If you just want to run as fast, as far and as long as possible, then restful and marathon may be the best perks for you. If you wish to control your fear above all else, than these perks are basically useless to you. If you want to be able to attack Jason as often and as efficiently as possible, then these perks are not what you want either. You do get a stamina boost on a successful strike on Jason, this in itself makes restful totally unnecessary and if you are good at getting the hit on Jason anyway, then marathon is also unnecessary because you have to let Jason catch up to get a hit on the big guy. Base your choices on your playstyle for each counselor...one playstyle that works for one counselor does not necessarily work well with another counselor..... so it follows that you may want to use different perks on different counselors to use the same playstyle effectively.

On 3/24/2018 at 1:43 PM, 7theye said:

AJ is beyond help. Can’t fix her.

AJ still my #1. Still don't get all the hate for repair counselors.. I stealth my way around and barely get noticed first 10 mins of a match. When getting chased, use cabin hopping to manage stamina.

3 hours ago, SmugDoka said:

@Ahab But what about Easy Listening, Could that be a Best Perk? 

Only if there was a radio that was turned on every twenty feet across the map..... then....yes.

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

Only if there was a radio that was turned on every twenty feet across the map..... then....yes.

If only, I would really want to listen to Summer of Heat again even when Jason Destroys my Radio!

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

I run this exact combo, I have yet fallen into deep fear.  I love hearing Jasons telling me Jenny is trash as I loop them around the same cabin for 5 mins. :D

What third perk do you run with her? I have Epic Swift Attacker but I was thinking of trying Epic Night Owl since it helps with fear with darkness unless of course it isn't needed if NoS and Preparedness is all Jenny needs with the fear reduction. 

8 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

AJ still my #1. Still don't get all the hate for repair counselors.. I stealth my way around and barely get noticed first 10 mins of a match. When getting chased, use cabin hopping to manage stamina.

Interesting. I thought that since he can still sense you ca she can’t run or fight it’s useless to have good stealth. 

What perks you run?

I usually run lone wolf and low profile. As long as i don't sprint I am never detected early in the match. Utilize crouch and hiding spots as needed If hes close. Once he has Rage though its all bets off, just don't get caught in the open. I can kite pretty good cabin to cabin, but if there's a long stretch, could be in some trouble cuz stamina is shit for sure... Weapon hits are hit or miss, so I try not to engage if don't have to. If grinding good enough in that early match can usually find what is needed to have a chance for escape. It always helps if there is a runner out there taking all the heat off for sure..

3 hours ago, Brogan322 said:

What third perk do you run with her? I have Epic Swift Attacker but I was thinking of trying Epic Night Owl since it helps with fear with darkness unless of course it isn't needed if NoS and Preparedness is all Jenny needs with the fear reduction. 

That is the dilemma of this build, only one slot left for a perk you want.  IMO, Medic is the best perk in the game, so I say go with that..... however, I prefer Swift Attacker and that's what I have on my Jenny.  Night Owl would be a waste, since there is zero benefits on a counselor that won't build fear already.

• Like 1