So today I was rolling some perks and I got an epic Restful. I have a Marathon epic and this, so my question is, which perk is better? Marathon gives you more stamina and Restful gives you an speed boost of the stamina recharge.

PD: I use those perks in Jenny, Deborah and A.J

AJ is beyond help. Can’t fix her. 

I find thst marathon is better. A bigger stamina pool let’s you get away faster and then you can recharge better if you can avoid fear. Also let’s yiu kite to a house and recharge in there

7 minutes ago, Whammigobambam said:

Restful is much better on low stamina characters and marathon is much better on high stamina characters but kind of overkill.

Makes sense.

I use both on Vanessa.  You can pretty much Sprint the whole match.  She's good for gathering objective parts or the sweater. 

2 hours ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

I use both on Vanessa.  You can pretty much Sprint the whole match.  She's good for gathering objective parts or the sweater. 

I feel a great dodging Vanessa is an excellent choice for the sweater. 

I tend to favor marathon myself. Restful can be useful though. 

9 minutes ago, The Tommy said:

I feel a great dodging Vanessa is an excellent choice for the sweater. 

I tend to favor marathon myself. Restful can be useful though. 

Restful is good as long as you aren't in a terrified state.  Even with Vanessa it recharges very slow if she is afraid.  It is kind of like a security blanket for me though.  I'm afraid to take it off.  Plus, I haven't really found a good perk to replace it with.  I use nerves of steel as her third perk.  This way I can keep Jason on the mini map for shift bat (which I don't recommend without a pocket knife) and to know when he is shifting.  

3 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Restful is good as long as you aren't in a terrified state.  Even with Vanessa it recharges very slow if she is afraid.  It is kind of like a security blanket for me though.  I'm afraid to take it off.  Plus, I haven't really found a good perk to replace it with.  I use nerves of steel as her third perk.  This way I can keep Jason on the mini map for shift bat (which I don't recommend without a pocket knife) and to know when he is shifting.  

Medic is a good one. Swift attacker 

4 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Restful is good as long as you aren't in a terrified state.

While we are on this subject, if Jenny uses Nerves of Steel and Preparedness at the right quality (I'm not sure how good the perks need to be) she becomes completely immune to fear and her stamina regeneration rate will never drop.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Nerves of steel is fun. The Chad makes good use of it. I like to use medic and thick skin so I can eat traps for breakfast. 

9 minutes ago, The Tommy said:

Nerves of steel is fun. The Chad makes good use of it. I like to use medic and thick skin so I can eat traps for breakfast. 

I used to use thick skinned.  I wasn't real impressed with it though. 

4 hours ago, Whammigobambam said:

Restful is much better on low stamina characters and marathon is much better on high stamina characters but kind of overkill.

^ This.

1 hour ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

I used to use thick skinned.  I wasn't real impressed with it though. 

Personally, I love the combination of Medic and Thick Skinned. It allows for a mischievous playstyle of summoning Jason and goading him into tunneling me that I absolutely enjoy.

Sure, there are better perks to have when Jason is hot on your tail, but I couldn't imagine myself being unable to just casually eat away at his traps and knives.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

I feel the same way about Tiffany. My three security blanket perks for her are all epic marathon, thick skinned, and medic. When I take off marathon I feel like I run out of stamina SUPER quick. 

Marathon is strictly superior (assuming equal perk value) since stamina regeneration is proportional to your maximum stamina pool. Thus marathon gives you the entire benefit of restful and in addition increases the maximum stamina pool you have.

Furthermore, since the stamina granted upon hit is 50% of your full bar, marathon basically increases stamina granted on hit, restful does not.

3 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

While we are on this subject, if Jenny uses Nerves of Steel and Preparedness at the right quality (I'm not sure how good the perks need to be) she becomes completely immune to fear and her stamina regeneration rate will never drop.

They need to be perfect rolls, or near perfect at minimum. Ideally you would have 10% NoS + Preparedness with 10% bonus. They need to specifically be those perks, as Lone Wolf does not work for this purpose.

I use both marathon and restful along with thick skinned on all my counselors. The slower characters aren't as fun to play IMO so anything to up the speed is valuable for me.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, FinalBoy said:

I use both marathon and restful along with thick skinned on all my counselors. The slower characters aren't as fun to play IMO so anything to up the speed is valuable for me.

Then just play a faster counselor and equip better perks to replace those.

19 hours ago, Whammigobambam said:

I main Deborah, and I use Restful. It's saved me several times.

1 hour ago, Cokeyskunk said:

I main Deborah, and I use Restful. It's saved me several times.

Well, I wanna use Restful with A.J and Jenny but my problem is that since they have such a low stamina that they would get tired fast as hell, and when they are scared the stamina would recharge slow anyways.

15 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

Marathon is strictly superior (assuming equal perk value) since stamina regeneration is proportional to your maximum stamina pool. Thus marathon gives you the entire benefit of restful and in addition increases the maximum stamina pool you have.

Furthermore, since the stamina granted upon hit is 50% of your full bar, marathon basically increases stamina granted on hit, restful does not.

They need to be perfect rolls, or near perfect at minimum. Ideally you would have 10% NoS + Preparedness with 10% bonus. They need to specifically be those perks, as Lone Wolf does not work for this purpose.

I have a 10% NoS and a Preparedness with 9%, would it still be effective or should I wait till I get the 10% Preparedness to use this build? 

I have Both Rare Marathon and Restful

I use both of them at the same time.

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 1:51 PM, Whammigobambam said:

Restful helps on low and high stamina counselors. The only reason it seems to work better on a low stamina counselor is that they have less stamina to regenerate, so it may seem they are regenerating stamina quicker. They are not, they just have less stamina to regenerate (but the stamina bar is still the same size as the other) so it seems to fill up quicker. The percentages are the same for high and low stamina counselors and regen is affected by other factors. The perk only adds to your current stamina regeneration rate as modified by these other factors. It is very useful for both high and low stamina counselors and helps a lot with stamina management.
     Marathon increases overall stamina by a set %. A high stamina counselor will then, by definition get much more stamina than a low stamina counselor. 15% of 3 is .45.....15% of 10 is 1.5. (more than triple than it was for the 3 stamina counselor). Both are still helpful to any counselor (any bonus is still more than you initially had), but marathon will give a more noticeable bonus to a high stamina counselor.

I run both of these perks on all of my slow repair counselors, but I change things up sometimes with other perks. 

Any perk can be 'the best perk' if it fits with how you want to play on any specific round with any counselor (some will just work better with one counselor than it will on another) and you understand how to properly use it. Anything with a % bonus will always give a bigger bonus to a counselor with a higher score in that particular stat, but that does not make it useless to counselors with lower scores on that stat, its just that the added bonus from the perk is not as large as it would be for the higher stated counselor.

1 minute ago, Ahab said:

Restful helps on low and high stamina counselors. The only reason it seems to work better on a low stamina counselor is that they have less stamina to regenerate, so it may seem they are regenerating stamina quicker. They are not, they just have less stamina to regenerate (but the stamina bar is still the same size as the other) so it seems to fill up quicker. The percentages are the same for high and low stamina counselors and regen is affected by other factors. The perk only adds to your current stamina regeneration rate as modified by these other factors. It is very useful for both high and low stamina counselors and helps a lot with stamina management.

But marathon is better on high stamina characters because of the much larger percentage. If we're talking restful versus marathon. In my opinion.

8 hours ago, Brogan322 said:

I have a 10% NoS and a Preparedness with 9%, would it still be effective or should I wait till I get the 10% Preparedness to use this build? 

I run this exact combo, I have yet fallen into deep fear.  I love hearing Jasons telling me Jenny is trash as I loop them around the same cabin for 5 mins. :D

• Like 1