The Gunslinger

Killed by 7 years old Jason player due to exploiting, long grab range. Nerf Jason.

@The Gunslinger You do realize that a great many young kids are actually far better at most video games than us adults that are trying to play against them while adulting all over the place.
    I think I misinterpreted your use of the word 'tryhard'... personally, I would rather be a 'tryhard' than a 'try not at all' (which seems to me is the only alternative here), but I have always been a pieceworker and make money based on how much I actually get done. To me 'tryhard' = getting the job done quicker and better than the next guy, while making more money doing it.
    Don't get me wrong... I understand your frustration. I die in game a lot too, particularly in quick play... but I also survive a lot. It is usually about 50 - 50 for me, but last night I had a streak of bad luck and only survived 4 times out of 14 games... I am pretty sure those were the numbers. I get to be the distraction a lot though (and I don't mind doing it), so someone else can escape in the boat or fix the fuse box unhindered... and I play the slower repair counselors so it does not always go well for me. There is some satisfaction in helping others escape though, whether I know them or not. Dying in game is not worth getting upset though. We will all die a lot in this game, even against a 7 year old Jason.... but there is always the next game. Its not like our 'death' means that it is over and we can never play again. If I survived much more than I already do (even with my horrible numbers from last night), I would complain that it was not enough of a challenge. Playing Jason against counselors with even mediocre skill can also be a huge challenge.... remember, one car slips past you once.... up to four counselors are gone. That is half the lobby right there.
    Many players stuck it out during 'the Jason nerf' patch and they got very good at playing him that way. When the new adjustments were made, their skills from practicing while it was hard to play Jason made them look like they do not have to try at all. I see many first time Jason players that are lucky to get one kill. If you are seeing a lot of first time Jason players that do really well, perhaps they practiced in offline mode a lot before trying multi player. There is another reason that a low level player looks so skilled at Jason. If you log into steam on a different computer than normal, your stats do not carry over (unless this has been fixed recently and no one put it in the patch notes). This means you start fresh at level one when you do this, I tried not so long ago, because I wanted to play a game while I had several hours of scans to do on my regular computer. You may have no perks for counselors when you do this, but the Jasons that you have access to at level one are the same as they are at level 150.
    I have noticed some suspicious looking grabs, but they are far from the 'norm'. When everyone in a lobby has a good ping and stable connection, I never see a grab connect that is beyond the reach of Jason's arm, or any lost time glitches in which yours or someone else's computer in the lobby need to catch up to others due to lag. Remember, there is always a slight amount of lag between every computer involved in a multi player game, no matter what. The signal takes time to travel to the server, be processed with the others and sent back to yours and their computers in an ongoing cycle. What you see on your screen is NOT perfectly synced to anyone else's screen. A lag spike can easily make it look like someone is 'hacking' when they are not.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pazuzu said:

Hmmm, admittedly I do think his grab range is larger than what the graphics depict as the length of his arms. There have been many times where I am visually out of arms length and think I am safe enough to evade him when he is standing still only to instantly be snatched up regardless. (if there is lag happening, I haven't been able to notice it) 

If Jason isn't near you and grabs you... Its lag.

Nothing is scarier then a Jason with a WiFi connection.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Translation of OP: "If I don't escape every game it's because the balance is wrong, not because of me. So therefore because I'm not winning all the time, the game has to change to suit my skill level. I somehow read the title of the game I bought incorrectly and believe this is Counselor The 13th, where a group of savage counselors beat on some poor fellow in a hockey mask. And because of my dyslexia I am not happy if that is not the experience I have every game. In my own head, I am the greatest gamer that ever existed and there is no way Jason should kill me, ever. So clearly this is a problem with the game and not my skill level, so please alter the game so that I can win all the time. We'll just call that 'balance' m'kay? ;) "

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, HuDawg said:

If Jason isn't near you and grabs you... Its lag.

Nothing is scarier then a Jason with a WiFi connection.   

Maybe, but I think I would see other things lagging, such as fellow counselors seemingly teleporting across the campgrounds or doors closing later than when the button was pressed, but that is never the case. While Jason's grab seems to consistently extend past what his actual arm length should be in the matches. Maybe the hit boxes are too big or something. (The throwing knives Jason hurls at counselors never actually stick "in the body." They always " float" a foot or so away from the character. Which looks rather silly, imo.)

On 3/24/2018 at 1:35 PM, The Gunslinger said:

That is me. Because it is ridicilous. Crybabies can't take a fair grab range and opens tons of threads and Devs buff Jason. But when someone comes up with an idea to balance Jason against groups and adjusting 1v1, they say "git gud, play offline bots". This game is being destroyed by its own community. I am not going to take it. This game still needs balance and it seems Devs can't do it. As a tryhard player on both sides. Jason should be strong against groups, his traps has to be strong and counselors needs more options to survive. Items, weapons, mor mechanics in combat etc. If the Devs won't do balance changes(not just grab range, supplies changes) the game will die sonra Quick. 

Wrong on all accounts. The grab should require talent, just like the throwing knives. There's a cool down time for that. So, there should be a cool down on the grab. I'm a beast at dodging grabs. But not from 5ft away. Your teammates cant even save you either. Everyone just hits square after the grab for a quick kill takes no talent.

On 3/24/2018 at 8:14 PM, dmack621 said:

Translation of OP: "If I don't escape every game it's because the balance is wrong, not because of me. So therefore because I'm not winning all the time, the game has to change to suit my skill level. I somehow read the title of the game I bought incorrectly and believe this is Counselor The 13th, where a group of savage counselors beat on some poor fellow in a hockey mask. And because of my dyslexia I am not happy if that is not the experience I have every game. In my own head, I am the greatest gamer that ever existed and there is no way Jason should kill me, ever. So clearly this is a problem with the game and not my skill level, so please alter the game so that I can win all the time. We'll just call that 'balance' m'kay? ;) "

Too bad you're wrong. You can use Jenny with an escape artist perk, and it makes no difference. More evidence that the grab is in fact OP.

16 hours ago, jameson87 said:

I wish councelors would realize this is Friday the 13th, based on an op, maniacally strong, serial killer. Who generally happens to kill most people he encounters and not scooby doo where tbe teens have a higher chance of making jason look like an idiot, and or killing him. You try to take Jason on, it should be a very slim chance you walk away or leave him dead. As i don't recall watching any of these movies and seeing a bumbling moron in a mask getting manhandled by 17 to 20 somethings at summer camp. Jason should be OP period. Or if you like your odds of beating him constantly, there is a playable version of him in mortal kombat where you can whoop up on him until your heart's content.

Watch the last 20 minutes of part 2. Between Jason falling off of a chair and breaking his pitchfork, being unable to find Ginny, and taking a full on kick to the balls from her, Jason got clowned. 

14 hours ago, The Gunslinger said:

I see, there are still people that don't see my point. I will explain again. I am trying to make the game fun and challenging for both sides. Dying as Jason is hard if you know how to play. Dying as a counselor is easy even if you know how to play. I mean come on now Jason is in a state that even a first time Jason player can kill the full lobby. In every fucking match, I can kite Jason with a lot of help from my combat knowledge but it is not working nowadays. Because of speed and grab range buff to Jason. Supplies have been reduced. Pocket knives are crucial to counselors who have low speed and stamina. They have reduced them, I agree they had ti reduce it and they had to buff Jason, but they didn't buff Jason the right way. I have no buddy to play with me everytime, so I need to so everything. I play as Adam because he can defend himself and can repair quick enough before Jason rises. I am not the guy want to easily bully Jason. Jason needs to be strong against groups. So he is OP in QP. Because there is no fucking team work or microphone. Vanessa and Chads everywhere, consuming the supplies, they can't even take Jason's time so fixers die everytime. I want to prevent this. Every player should have the ability to take care of themselves. I know I CAN'T Balance the game on my own so stop fucking with me and try to help me.

Bullshit.

Skill and tactics play a part. Granted in a 1v1 it doesn't matter how bad the Jason is, but that is because he is balanced against 7 others. If  you play competently with other competent players, some of you will likely make it out. Luck swinging one way or the other may allow Jason to sweep or it might let more of you escape. 

If you're dying too much, change your playstyle. 

Another tip, in QP lead Jason to other, slower counselors and let them die while you fix your vehicle or call the police. This isn't "helping Jason" in the sense you are strolling with him, and tag teaming the others, this is you sacrificing dead weight to buy yourself time to get shit done and get out. If nobody else is playing fixers, well the saying is "If you can't beat them, join them." Play a speedster. Try to fix objectives anyway. If you succeed wave at the useless clowns as you whiz by in the four seater and escape alone. 

More advice. If you want a coordinated team, play private. If you're unwilling to do so, that's your decision. Deal with the consequences of it. You're going to die a lot more in QP regardless of how good you are. It's that simple. 

14 hours ago, The Gunslinger said:

Simply, I try to do everything, demask Jason, repair, escape, get the objectives done. But I am impatient I think. 

Stop doing this. If it happens, it happens. But if you intentionally attack Jason when there are other options and die, that is your own fault. 

The grab range is not up for discussion. If you are running around Jason and he grabs you get the fuck over it. If you are out of stamina panting as you run 3 feet in front of Jason, you’re dead. That’s how this game was designed. We don’t need 30 second to 3 minute chase scenes of Jason slightly behind a counselor dragging the game out. Those days are over so get over it. “I ran everywhere until I had no stamina and Jason was able to just grab me from 5 feet away!!1” Good. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The_Minotaur80 said:

Wrong on all accounts. The grab should require talent, just like the throwing knives. There's a cool down time for that. So, there should be a cool down on the grab. I'm a beast at dodging grabs. But not from 5ft away. 

Lol..   Grabs should require talent?  

Cool down for grabs..

Dude, Jasons isn't 3 feet tall. 

Hes 6 feet tall, sooooo 5ft isn't a stretch.  Grabs should NOT have a cool down because its a grab.

If you're such a beast at dodging grabs then what are you complaining about?

Wheres the logic in all this?

16 hours ago, dmack621 said:

And because of my dyslexia I am not happy if that is not the experience I have every game.

As some one who is dyslexic, I have to say it doesn't stop you from being good at video games, it's not that type of disability. Now if your talking about people being dicks about spelling and grammar, I hear you I'm so sick of that shit. 

9 hours ago, Pazuzu said:

Maybe, but I think I would see other things lagging, such as fellow counselors seemingly teleporting across the campgrounds or doors closing later than when the button was pressed, but that is never the case. 

...  If your connection to the host is laggy then the whole game is laggy.

if Jason is laggy only Jason lags.  If Jason has WIFI and his connection jumps up and down.   You get really weird things happening like.  getting grabbed by a Jason standing across the room.

This is why I always look at Jasons Connection when in game.  I especially look for those damn WIFI jasons.    Because WIFI players seems normal with low ping and the flux every few seconds or mins.   Like WIFI Jason connection says 90...  Then a 30 seconds later shoots to 700, then back to 90.   

At least the laggy jasons tend to have a straight bad connection the whole game so you can sort of prepare yourself better.  But WIFI jasons are all over the place.

I still think the range is too short. There are still times I'm touching a player and the gran still misses.

But it's a compromise from the extremes that it's been at various updates.

Anyway. Sorry you're not any good.

On 3/25/2018 at 1:31 PM, HuDawg said:

Lol..   Grabs should require talent?  

Cool down for grabs..

Dude, Jasons isn't 3 feet tall. 

Hes 6 feet tall, sooooo 5ft isn't a stretch.  Grabs should NOT have a cool down because its a grab.

If you're such a beast at dodging grabs then what are you complaining about?

Wheres the logic in all this?

Sounds to me like you're afraid of it being fixed because you exploit it. In fact, im willing to bet that you spam grab and hit square just for quick kills. Which is when a teammate cant even save you. Takes no talent to spam grab and hit square. Yet, knives take talent and they have a cool down. GTFO

On 3/25/2018 at 2:26 PM, malloymk said:

I still think the range is too short. There are still times I'm touching a player and the gran still misses.

WRONG. Im beast at dodging grabs, knives, and murder attempts son. But, when im getting grabbed from 5-10 ft away, it makes no sense. You're just a pathetic grab spammer who hits square.

On 3/25/2018 at 2:26 PM, malloymk said:

Anyway, sorry you have no talent.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The_Minotaur80 said:

Sounds to me like you're afraid of it being fixed because you exploit it. In fact, im willing to bet that you spam hit and hit square just for quick kills. Which is when a teammate cant even save you. Takes no talent to spam grab and hit square. Yet, knives take talent and they have a cool down. GTFO

In what world do you live in.. Where grabbing things is an exploit? Just wondering..     

As if grabbing  is a talent..   I mean, unless you're drunk as hell, grabbing anything isn't complicated.  But even a drunk idiot can keep grabbing at things till they actually make contact with what ever the fuck they are grabbing.  Because grabbing is just grabbing..  

Knives take talent..?  Takes no talent to spam grab..?   WTF are you even talking about?  As if throwing knives is hard.   I find throwing knives easier then grabbing players.  And spamming grab won't instantly grab someone. Infact grab spam makes it easier to dodge jason and easier to hit him.  So spamming grab isn't smart.

As far as me killing goes.. I go out of my way to never kill people the same way.   So if anyone needs to GTFO its you..

And theres no need to fix something that ain't broken..  Grab spam... hahahaaa

Thats as idiotic as me complaining about Counselors that spam run...  Stop running!   Stupid counselors!!  Stop exploiting running away.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HuDawg said:

...  If your connection to the host is laggy then the whole game is laggy.

if Jason is laggy only Jason lags.  If Jason has WIFI and his connection jumps up and down.   You get really weird things happening like.  getting grabbed by a Jason standing across the room.

This is why I always look at Jasons Connection when in game.  I especially look for those damn WIFI jasons.    Because WIFI players seems normal with low ping and the flux every few seconds or mins.   Like WIFI Jason connection says 90...  Then a 30 seconds later shoots to 700, then back to 90.   

At least the laggy jasons tend to have a straight bad connection the whole game so you can sort of prepare yourself better.  But WIFI jasons are all over the place.

Thanks for clarifying, that makes sense. :)

17 minutes ago, The_Minotaur80 said:

WRONG. Im beast at dodging grabs, knives, and murder attempts son. But, when im getting grabbed from 5-10 ft away, it makes no sense. You're just a pathetic grab spammer who hits square.

5 feet away = Normal grab range for someone that size.   See the new grab animation comming?    So it makes perfect sense for 5 feet grab..  Im 6 feet talk, 5ft grab for is nothing for me.

10 feet away isn't happening unless Jason, you or the host are lagging.  So in that sense you're bullshittin'

Also, theres nothing wrong with spamming grab..  Would you prefer getting slashed to death via slash spam? 

Holy shit dude, this entire game was built around Jason GRABBING counselors and killing them.  WTF are you yappin about?

LOL @ you being a beast.    Ya the big bad beast complaining about getting killed.  :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

In what world do you live in.. Where grabbing things is an exploit? Just wondering..     

As if grabbing  is a talent..   I mean, unless you're drunk as hell, grabbing anything isn't complicated.  But even a drunk idiot can keep grabbing at things till they actually make contact with what ever the fuck they are grabbing.  Because grabbing is just grabbing..  

Knives take talent..?  Takes no talent to spam grab..?   WTF are you even talking about?  As if throwing knives is hard.   I find throwing knives easier then grabbing players.  And spamming grab won't instantly grab someone. Infact grab spam makes it easier to dodge jason and easier to hit him.  So spamming grab isn't smart.

As far as me killing goes.. I go out of my way to never kill people the same way.   So if anyone needs to GTFO its you..

And theres no need to fix something that ain't broken..  Grab spam... hahahaaa

Thats as idiotic as me complaining about Counselors that spam run...  Stop running!   Stupid counselors!!  Stop exploiting running away.

The difference is, knives have a cool down. Grabbing does not. Why noy a cool down for the grab? It only makes sense. I do sense fear in your post. Are you afraid of Jason's new grab? As for your sarcastic run comment, counselors have stamina. Jason does not. Yet, I have no issue with that. It even takes stamina for me to do battle with Jason. Im also okay with that. Its not like im a bum thats complaining. Trust me...

15 minutes ago, The_Minotaur80 said:

The difference is, knives have a cool down. Grabbing does not. Why not a cool down for the grab? It only makes sense. I do sense fear in your post. Are you afraid of Jason's new grab? 

WTF are you even talking about

Knives have a cool down to prevent rapid fire throwing knives.    Thats not comparable to GRABS.   Knives are long range..  And rabid fire throwing knives would look lame. Grabbing is just grabbing.

Spamming grab means what exactly?  I've never ever seen a good Jason spam grab. They mix it up with throwing knives, slash and then grab.  Spamming grab makes Jason easy to dodge and hit.  Sure they may press grab a few times here and there if they miss.. But thats not spam.  Theres already a slight movement penalty for missing grabs.

You sense fear... ??    Whaaat?    Whaaat ever you say dude.  :D

On 3/25/2018 at 5:15 PM, HuDawg said:

5 feet away = Normal grab range for someone that size.   See the new grab animation comming?    So it makes perfect sense for 5 feet grab..  Im 6 feet talk, 5ft grab for is nothing for me.

10 feet away isn't happening unless Jason, you or the host are lagging.  So in that sense you're bullshittin'

Also, theres nothing wrong with spamming grab..  Would you prefer getting slashed to death via slash spam? 

Holy shit dude, this entire game was built around Jason GRABBING counselors and killing them.  WTF are you yappin about?

LOL @ you being a beast.    Ya the big bad beast complaining about getting killed.  :D

At least with slash, you actually have to aim and time it right. You sound like a grabbing bum though. You thought for all this time you're the best Jason ever with spamming grab. Hahahahaha! The fact is, all have Jason's abilities have a cool down time. Except grab. That is not balanced at all. There should be less of a cool down time for throwing knives, and a cool down for grab. Especially for bums that spam grab and hit square. Not even teammates can save you. Even if they are next to you.

...Lastly, even with Jenny, and an escape artist perk, there is still no chance pf escaping the grab. Just more evidence that the grab is OP.

21 minutes ago, The_Minotaur80 said:

At least with slash, you actually have to aim and time it right. You sound like a grabbing bum though. You thought for all this time you're the best Jason ever with spamming grab. Hahahahaha! 

.. I slash people to make it easier for me to Grab them. Because 'grabbing' people with Jason and killing them is the whole point of playing Jason in this game.  

..Not sure what your problem is. But  I never claimed to be the best Jason ever.  I just don't see a problem with grabs.  Just part of the game...

.  As if Jason players need to live up to YOUR expectations and the game devs need to cater to YOU..  All because you joined this this forum on Friday and started barking about grabs..  

Get over yourself dude.

On 3/25/2018 at 1:57 PM, Slasher_Clone said:

As some one who is dyslexic, I have to say it doesn't stop you from being good at video games, it's not that type of disability. Now if your talking about people being dicks about spelling and grammar, I hear you I'm so sick of that shit. 

The dyslexia comment was sarcasm in regards to people thinking this game is all about the counselors. It wasn't a literal thing, nor would dyslexia cause you to read Friday the 13th as Counselor the 13th. Only sarcasm toward the ignorance is all.

On 3/25/2018 at 5:14 AM, The_Minotaur80 said:

Too bad you're wrong. You can use Jenny with an escape artist perk, and it makes no difference. More evidence that the grab is in fact OP.

Too bad you're shit. The grab is supposed to be OP. You being grabbed = dead. If you don't wanna die, don't get grabbed. A perk is not a guaranteed escape, and that seems to be what you want. If you don't understand what an asymmetrical horror multiplayer is and the fact that it is 1 vs 7, the SEVEN being your advantage ... that's no one's problem but yours. 

5 hours ago, The_Minotaur80 said:

"Wahhhh I'm a baby!" - minotaur

22 hours ago, dmack621 said:

Too bad you're shit. The grab is supposed to be OP. You being grabbed = dead. If you don't wanna die, don't get grabbed. A perk is not a guaranteed escape, and that seems to be what you want. If you don't understand what an asymmetrical horror multiplayer is and the fact that it is 1 vs 7, the SEVEN being your advantage ... that's no one's problem but yours. 

No dumb-dumb...Im not saying the perk should be an escape everytime. I said it never works. The grab is OP and way too easy. Which is why bum Jasons like you use it all round and nothing but to get kills. It must be boring sitting there spamming the grab button all round. I actually escape most of the time while I beat up Jason and fix. things. Im not a bum like you.

20 hours ago, malloymk said:

"Wahhhh I'm a baby!" - minotaur

How original. I would agree of I was terrible at the game. 

3 minutes ago, The_Minotaur80 said:

No dumb-dumb...Im not saying the perk should be an escape everytime. I said it never works. The grab is OP and way too easy. Which is why bum Jasons like you use all round and nothing but to get kills. It must be boring sitting there spamming the grab button all round. I actually escape most of the time while I beat up Jason and fix. things. Im not a bum like you.

Image result for frye troll meme

19 hours ago, Vaderspupil said:

Image result for frye troll meme

Im trolling you with facts. Nice scape-goat though.

On 3/24/2018 at 1:35 PM, The Gunslinger said:

That is me. Because it is ridicilous. Crybabies can't take a fair grab range and opens tons of threads and Devs buff Jason. But when someone comes up with an idea to balance Jason against groups and adjusting 1v1, they say "git gud, play offline bots". This game is being destroyed by its own community. I am not going to take it. This game still needs balance and it seems Devs can't do it. As a tryhard player on both sides. Jason should be strong against groups, his traps has to be strong and counselors needs more options to survive. Items, weapons, mor mechanics in combat etc. If the Devs won't do balance changes(not just grab range, supplies changes) the game will die sonra Quick. 

Exactly. It's bad enough there's never any weapons around to defend myself while I fix things. Instead, im forced to hunt for weapons which is in major scarcity on every map. All while dodging an OP broken grab.

On 3/24/2018 at 3:36 PM, pioneer67fkd said:

hey mcfly it is challenging for both sides

No. Jason is easy. The challenge is counselor. Jasons grab is OP and the bums that spam it are terrible at the game.