7theye

Is single player totally useless?

15 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

@7theye First off, welcome back! It's been a while. As for the bots now, yeah they are pretty bad. For a beginning player, I see the advantages of learning the mechanics of playing as Jason. I kind of wish a lot of us could have had that practice, but we might all be better because we did get thrown in the fire. I'm hoping that when the SP challenges come out, the AI will be better. The teaser I saw looked pretty cool.

Speaking of challenges, @Alkavian made a thread for Bot Challenges here. It has been added to several times, and some of them are pretty tough, I've only beat a few of them so far, but @bewareofbears has been knocking them out of the park. Hope you find some you like and have fun with them.

Amazing!! Going to do this when I get annoyed with QP (usually by match 2)

I also use offline if it's at the end of the night and I'm close to leveling up (because who wants to get invested in a QP match only to have it disconnect when you only need about 1000 or so xp)

• Like 2

The only use I've had for offline mode is testing out a new Jason and exploring a new map, other than that the mode in it's current state is pretty useless.

19 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

Smarten the bots a little, make tents and outhouses light up on Jason's sense when they hide in them (this is broken atm), & ADD BOAT KILLS!!

Actually, hiding in tents and outhouses and such is SUPPOSED to avoid Jason's sense before he gets Rage. This is perfect for early game avoidance and the bots have made me much more savy about using them as a counselor or checking them as Jason.

@7theye

The bots are dumb and flawed but it can still be a fun mode. @Rexfellis pointed you in the direction of the challenges. Some are actually pretty difficult.

Other positives about the bots:

• Further your knowledge of maps
  • Play as Jason whenever you want
  • No douchebags
  • Better your play as Jason
  • You can pause if you have to do something else
  • Grind XP
  • No connection issues, host quitting or trolling

The bots definitely need improvment but I don't think they're useless at all. I've had fun.