Thatguyinktown

Jason can be sweater stunned in middle of shift

4 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Yeah it seems that shift only turns him invisible and gives him high speed. By all accounts he's still occupying physical space. His hitbox is still active, he can block doorways and even by stunned by the sweater.

Lame.

Part of me wants to thank them for teaching the devs that something only ideally experienced in 1/80 or so test cases  before release date can be modified into something so easy. But I also know if they were to make it more difficult to kill him, then it would only be a matter of time before the hit squads streamlined it.

5 hours ago, Thatguyinktown said:

But I also know if they were to make it more difficult to kill him, then it would only be a matter of time before the hit squads streamlined it.

Everybody should go on YouTube and watch videos of people playing the Beta and when the game was first released. 

People had no clue what was possible or what they were capable of. Tons of speculation. People used to think the branch was special for Christ's sake. They used to crouch like it did something....they still do actually. That's why you had a 1 in 70 chance of killing Jason or even getting close.

And the sad thing about most people is they don't like to test shit.
For the ones that do, some unfortunately end up suffering from Anti Social Personality Disorder (aka ones that don't care about the law, and go out of their way to break it) and breed a posse of like-minded cronies that proceed to strip all the flesh, dignity and fun from the game. But I digress. 

There are things they can do to make it legitimately difficult with no ways around it.

1. You would have to increase Jason's HP to where it takes 5 hits instead of 2 (3-4 for Jason 9) from Buggzy or Tommy with a machete to get his mask off.
  2. Add a QTE for the sweater, either when grabbing it at the shack (she had to fix her hair and do a lot of prep in the movie when she put the sweater on) which would be the QTE we already have. Or (what I like even more) is a moving target QTE when the sweater girl stuns Jason. It can say "Keep Jason Hypnotized". You also tie the difficulty to his HP and then make it so only a 3rd of his HP needs to be depleted for demasking, so if you wanna not have a ridiculously hard QTE during the sweater stun, you and the crew have to continue to beat on him. OR.....you can have both the shack and stun QTEs. Either way, it'll have to be a well organized and executed mission to get it done.

Careless, new Jasons will still be defeatable on a more or less regular basis. But for the Jasons that have somewhat of a clue, this would bring it back to 1 in 70.....or maybe even 1 in 100.

• Like 2

Yeah, it occurred to me as I'd shift and physically be stuck behind a car, or see a shifting Jason kick aside a dead body, that he was still occupying space and could be hit in the shift. It's a gratifying one to land.

• Like 1

I don't know. I can avoid a shotgun blast if I go into shift and shift at them the second before they fire and you can shift over traps and through firecrackers.:unsure:

Yes, Shiftbatting has been a thing since release. I'm surprised you guys are only just now finding this out. 

• Like 1

Oh boy, we will start hearing the git gud over this one more, as people keep begging for more buffs to the councelors to up there chances on jason kills. And if it is taken out, the salt will fly.

2 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

Yes, Shiftbatting has been a thing since release. I'm surprised you guys are only just now finding this out. 

Yeah. This is old news. It's been in since digital release. The simple solution to it is to have Jason not appear on a counselor's mini-map unless he has been stunned or unless he has been marked by an extended effect like the flare gun. Being able to see Jason zip around in Shift on the mini-map is pretty stupid. It actually ruins some of the tension in the game when you can easily track your pursuer because of counselor radar.

• Like 1

If you go into combat stance you will spin to face Jason when he comes out of his shift near you. I've seen people be quick enough to slap him every time he comes out, although I've never put a lot of effort into working on it myself. I prefer juking.

By this, I also meant sweater stunned. As in, I got into the shift function when they were close and then the sweater stun pulled me out of my shift animation.

11 hours ago, Thatguyinktown said:

By this, I also meant sweater stunned. As in, I got into the shift function when they were close and then the sweater stun pulled me out of my shift animation.

Jason wouldn't run (in this case shift) away in the movies if he thought Mommy was there, so I don't see an issue with the sweater stun pulling you out because the whole purpose is to stun Jason. 

Was your strategy going to be running away using shift so they would waste the sweater or were you running away to hide till the game is over?

13 hours ago, NoOneK9503 said:

Anyone has a video showing this?

Just a recent short range one I could find. Works at any range though, counselor will auto rotate to target Jason in Shift once he is close enough for combat stance to track.

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Brogan322 said:

Jason wouldn't run (in this case shift) away in the movies if he thought Mommy was there, so I don't see an issue with the sweater stun pulling you out because the whole purpose is to stun Jason. 

Was your strategy going to be running away using shift so they would waste the sweater or were you running away to hide till the game is over?

Keep distance and pick her off with knives.

Yeah. An unskilled Jason can inadvertently trap you in a spot during shift, miss grabbing you, and cause you to glitch in place. It’s happened plenty of times to me where a mediocre Jason would shift, get juked, but glitch me by causing my sprite to be shoved to the side and glitch the location of the counselor (similar to the car ‘boomerang’ glitch) you’ll look like you’re running but stop in your tracks on Jason’s screen and he can slash or grab you. It happens. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

Yeah. An unskilled Jason can inadvertently trap you in a spot during shift, miss grabbing you, and cause you to glitch in place. It’s happened plenty of times to me where a mediocre Jason would shift, get juked, but glitch me by causing my sprite to be shoved to the side and glitch the location of the counselor (similar to the car ‘boomerang’ glitch) you’ll look like you’re running but stop in your tracks on Jason’s screen and he can slash or grab you. It happens. 

A very GENERAL version of what the OP was talking about.

You can  Also Hit Jason once he is close enough to you if He is just coming out of Shift, Did that as Jenny when Jason Rotated around me with Shift.