Pyranthas

Get rid of jason morph ability and other things

I’m actually all for this and a complete overhaul of the game, including abilities. Jason should be able to Sprint and have a stamina bar too. His music range should be cut in half, yes HALF. I also believe stalk should be the first ability, but only learned at 2:30 mark. Basically Jason has to physically leave his cabin. This gives the whiners a solid 30 seconds of minute to get their shit together. I don’t wanna bear anymore about being “spawn killed” tbh. But why talk anymore about changes that we know the devs will never make

• Like 2

16 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

But why talk anymore about changes that we know the devs will never make

...so why did you make the post, again?

• Thanks 1

On 3/23/2018 at 3:07 PM, Ahab said:

Didn't morph in the movies???... Just off the top of my head... watch part 8. Jason is on the street chasing the old guy (can't remember his name at the moment), who runs into a building. Jason does not enter the building behind him and he (the old guy) is suddenly thrown out a window... by Jason. Just be happy he cannot morph into a house with the doors open or closed. Others here could probably point out a few more instances of 'how the hell did Jason get there, when he was just back there?'
    Spike strips?... not even going to go into the part about: where the hell would he purchase these spike strips? Without morph, he would be placing the spike strips on the road long after both cars are long gone. If by some miracle he gets to the exit for the car before a car does (and guesses the correct exit they will pick), EVERYONE that knows the spike strips have been placed in the game will be looking for them, stop when they see them and turn around to use another exit (or simply drive around them). Not to mention the FACT that having flat tires will NEVER stop your car from being able to move. It may slow it down and make it a lot harder to control, but it will not stop the vehicle.
    Boats can be broken and made unusable?... if Jason could make it to the boat before it starts moving (which, without morph, I have a great many doubts would even be possible unless his shack spawns fifty feet away from it), then you would be removing an escape option permanently. This would be a good balance here if morph was taken away, until you think about it. When does Jason's shack EVER spawn that close to the boat?
    Smashing the telephone?....... That would be totally useless by the time Jason arrives at the phone itself, simply due to the fact that the police were called 3 minutes ago. Good luck guessing the correct spot where the police will show up and actually getting there in time to stop anyone from leaving.
    Jason can take repair items to hide them?.... Wow.... As should not even need to be mentioned with this one... Jason would have to find the part to do this and then take it somewhere to hide it effectively. With his speed vs. the counselor's speed, this would be a ridiculous and completely ineffective tactic... considering if Jason could even find a part at all before the counselors have them ALL installed and the vehicles on the move (not to mention the fuse in the box and cops called by this point) before Jason can even get to the cabin closest to his shack and complete a search of it.

Balance the game to make it more fair for whom exactly? I have seen many games where both cars are moving before Jason has the ability to use his FIRST shift in the game. That would be SIX... yes count them SIX counselors gone before he even has a snowballs chance in hell of stopping the car with his running or power walking speed.
    The game is pretty well balanced now, even with early escapes being possible or even commonly occurring.  Asymmetrical horror survival game does not mean that the 7 counselors should always win over the 1 killer. It means the 1 killer is overpowered enough to have a good POSSIBILITY of finding and killing all 7 counselors.

Yes, i have pointed this scene out as well. Charles gets killed directly as a result of jason morphing.

• Thanks 1

On 3/23/2018 at 11:38 AM, Pyranthas said:

Yes before you start spaming the post I know what your going to say and there prob other form on here. "if you take Jason morph away how he surpost to keep up with cars leaving". First off let me get to the point that Jason has never morph in the movie or needed to use morph to kill couselers. But how would Jason be able to kill them without morph well there are other options like give Jason the ability to use spike strips like cops do or daggers to pop tires on cars or smash cars so they can't be use. Boats can be broke by Jason attacking them with weapon and putting a hole in the boat. As far as cops how about smashing the phone so you can't call the police.  Give Jason the ability to take items like battery and gas from a cabin or away from dead couselers or if there hit drop that item pick it up and move them so that couselers can't get them so easy however if Jason get hit he drop the item and the courselers can pick it up again. Balance the game to make it harder but more fair because Jason being able to morph is really seem unfair.

No.

Translation for the OP: Take Jason out of the game.  I mean ... make it so Jason can't do anything so that my piss poor ass can escape every game.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Thatguyinktown said:

...so why did you make the post, again?

Me: Gives opinion, stops, says, “but why talk anymore”; doesn’t.

You: Can’t read; An idiot. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

Me: Gives opinion, stops, says, “but why talk anymore”; doesn’t.

You: Can’t read; An idiot. 

But if you think the devs aren't going to read it, why post about it in the first place? Why expend the energy?

Alright no bickering gents. We're not kids here (or am I wrong?)

On 3/23/2018 at 7:35 PM, Poormetheus said:

Morph and shift are negative game mechanics, and I've been saying this for some time on here . . .

If Jason could only walk / run, as well as hide and ambush, and the counselors were all but incapacitated with fear when he is too close (psychological / stamina drain), it would be awesome. I don't care about large maps, etc. If you can't tolerate that then you must be a millennial who has an attention-span problem.

The counselor players would feel like "man, I'm glad I'm avoiding Jason - I'll be lucky to get the hell out of here. Let's just make sure he doesn't get near me".

The Jason players would feel like "I am death incarnate - can't wait to f**k up some unlucky counselors".

I defy you to say that shift-grabbing does not feel cheap and meaningless, both as a counselor receiving it AND as a Jason performing it . . .

Shift grab takes some skill against good players so I don't find it cheap at all.

Morph grab is bullshit, but so rare it doesn't really matter.

This game would be trash without Jason's morph and shift.

On 3/24/2018 at 2:33 AM, BeautyNumber2 said:

I’m actually all for this and a complete overhaul of the game, including abilities. Jason should be able to Sprint and have a stamina bar too. His music range should be cut in half, yes HALF. I also believe stalk should be the first ability, but only learned at 2:30 mark. Basically Jason has to physically leave his cabin. This gives the whiners a solid 30 seconds of minute to get their shit together. I don’t wanna bear anymore about being “spawn killed” tbh. But why talk anymore about changes that we know the devs will never make

Lol. By the time Jason gets his first power probably at least one of the objectives has been completed. That seems fun...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, malloymk said:

Lol. By the time Jason gets his first power probably at least one of the objectives has been completed. That seems fun...

No, the real fun will be Jason trying to catch cars for the next 15 mins without morph or shift.  Because i doubt players will be in any hurry to leave.

Awww gawd..  Could only imagine this game without morph or shift.   Jason would basically have one chance to find and tunnel one player..And hope he get gets a kill.. Every round would be 1/7 at most.

1 minute ago, HuDawg said:

No, the real fun will be Jason trying to catch cars for the next 15 mins without morph or shift.  Because i doubt players will be in any hurry to leave.

Awww gawd..  Could only imagine this game without morph or shift.   Jason would basically have one chance to find and tunnel one player..And hope he get gets a kill.. Every round would be 1/7 at most.

Pretty much. Troll Jason at the car for 15 minutes. Every. Single. Game.

Even on small maps I'm not sure this would work. The problem is the players are aware of the fact it's a game, unlike characters in the movies (with some exceptions). So saying Jason doesn't have shift or morph in the movies isn't really an excuse, shift and morph are game mechanics necessary for the game to function. Seven players can cover a hell of a lot more ground than one, Jason needs something to counter that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Elias Voorhees said:

Even on small maps I'm not sure this would work. The problem is the players are aware of the fact it's a game, unlike characters in the movies (with some exceptions). So saying Jason doesn't have shift or morph in the movies isn't really an excuse, shift and morph are game mechanics necessary for the game to function. Seven players can cover a hell of a lot more ground than one, Jason needs something to counter that.

You make a pretty good point. A lot of people struggle with the difference between a game and the media it is based on. Rarely can you make a 100% perfect conversion between a movie and a game. Something gets lost in translation. What is lost is filled with something to make the end result worthwhile.

First of all... 

Jason morphed at least once in Part 7, instantly from the shore of the lake after killing a guy to being in the water killing his girlfriend... 

Jason morphed in part 8... Repeatedly...  Up the ladder,  up the steps on the 2nd floor of that building to throw the teacher out,  etc... 

Good ol Roy in part 5 even morphed from behind Reggie to being behind the ambulance... 

This thread is as comical as the noobs saying "Jason never ran in the movies"

On 3/23/2018 at 12:03 PM, bewareofbears said:

This is stupid.

How did we get so many stupid ideas this weekend? I'm trying to find a decent suggestion that came up, but they're all just trolls or flat out stupid...

Edited by Truth
typo
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Truth said:

How did we get so many stupid ideas this weekend? I'm trying to find a decent suggestion that came up, but their all just trolls or flat out stupid...

No idea. It's nice to have new folks join but we seem to only be getting people who want the game changed because they died. :/

4 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

No idea. It's nice to have new folks join but we seem to only be getting people who want the game changed because they died. :/

Which would be fine if the ideas made sense/added to the game. They're all about nerfing Jason and removing his balls... Or in this case morph.

Just take Jason out of the game completely and turn this into The Sims: Camping Adventures.

1 minute ago, Truth said:

Which would be fine if the ideas made sense/added to the game. They're all about nerfing Jason and removing his balls... Or in this case morph.

I think we're all open to change for the better and I agree- a lot of these posts bring nothing to the table- no valid points, no evidence, etc. :/

1 hour ago, bewareofbears said:

That's why the Oct 25 update that buffed counselors and nerfed Jason so unevenly was so damaging. It taught new players to hunt Jason like a wounded animal rather than treat Jason like a force to be feared.:(

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 10:33 PM, BeautyNumber2 said:

To me, the music does not even matter, I play with the music off most of the time. To many, it does matter as their first warning that Jason is 'nearby'. Getting rid of the music entirely, wouldn't bother me as a counselor or Jason. It is a bit of a buff to Jason, but not near enough of a buff to come close to compensating the loss of morph and shift (even if it is only for early on) But then.... why even bother with stalk at all, removing the music is the BIGEST part of stalk.... every other part of stalk is inconsequential until the counselor is very close to Jason and considering they still cannot see him and Jason needs to know where they are to use stalk effectively. The video tracking effect when stalk is used this early (considering your idea that stalk is the first ability gained) would also be a dead giveaway that Jason is nearby..... rendering stalk completely useless.
    Taking away morph and shift and giving Jason the ability to sprint with a stamina bar? He would have to be able to sprint as fast than the fastest counselor and for much longer than the highest stamina counselor to stand a chance at controlling one objective. No matter how fast Jason can run...Did he even make it to the fuse box to lay a trap before the cops where called? The answer would be.... nine out of ten times.... HELL NO!!! ....and the car just started....and the counselors that called the cops (and everyone else) are not within sense range. Talk about a frustrating day for that poor Jason fellow. 
    Stalk should be the first ability? Really? At 2:30.....
    1st: Stalk is basically useless without at least one other ability to use in conjunction with it. If you do not think so.... then you are welcome to offer a counter point that actually makes sense.... that DO NOT include being an extremely lucky Jason player. 
    2nd: Not having ANY abilities until 2:30 into the game?...... Really?
    As Jason... I have had both cars on the move in FAR LESS TIME THAN THAT on several occasions, on several different maps. Six counselors gone before shift is even active..... every single time this happens.... unless you are saying you can catch a car that is not in visual range without using morph and shift..... consistently.
    Are you saying anyone does not have 30 seconds to get their shit together? It looks to me like they already have 2:05 (this is about the time it takes for shift to unlock on part 4) to get their shit together AND leave completely unhindered, unless they make an incredibly stupid mistake. This is the power of teamwork in the game how it stands now..... with every flaw that people think is worth complaining about... and good points too. It can and does still happen in quick play.

On 3/23/2018 at 6:24 PM, TADAARAIS said:

NO I STRONGLY DISAGREE.

This is one of those other threads I was talking about. Garbage thread and the OP needs to know that. My assholeness has no bias.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Truth said:

This is one of those other threads I was talking about. Garbage thread and the OP needs to know that. My assholeness has no bias.

I See what your saying.your right.