Jump to content
gyaaft

Where will this game be on May 26, 2019?

Recommended Posts

DBD sucks and that’s facts. But with Friday I really hope they get this damn lawsuit settled and push out new content for the game. Jason X, new maps, bringing in Pamela as a playable killer, new counselors. This would bring in a lot more players to the game as well. With all this, they can really improve the game beyond how great it already is. This is my absolute most favorite game to play right now and I do not want to see it just die off. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is all I have to say about this topic and I think it will best describe the game as well...

“ You know what your gift is......No matter what they do to you, you cannot DIE, you can never DIE!!”

-Mother

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

This is all I have to say about this topic and I think it will best describe the game as well...

“ You know what your gift is......No matter what they do to you, you cannot DIE, you can never DIE!!”

-Mother

 

Amen!!!  👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/22/2018 at 7:34 PM, HuDawg said:

What exactly is DBD doing right?

Killers that don't actually kill.. ?    Very basic looking level design?   Horrible unbalanced leveling/perk system that reward players based on time played..which creates really unbalanced game play?

I mean, i don't mind DBD every now and then, but theres only so much 'generator repairing and hooking i can take before i lose my mind.

 

I get your point, but DBD is simply doing much better due to content always coming in and constant patches and devs being dedicated to the game. Although it is certainly not without it’s own bugs and glitches.

I prefer F13 as a slasher game but DBD just has more to do. The constant leveling up system, rank, and getting perks just give it more to do. You will never not have SOMETHING to work for.

In F13, once you reach level 150 and unlock everything and every perk there is nothing left to do, it’s very vanilla. I’m just bored of it after nearly two years. I only play with friends nowadays.

I didn’t wanna do a DBD vs F13 but I just wanted to say my two cents.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

I get your point, but DBD is simply doing much better due to content always coming in and constant patches and devs being dedicated to the game. Although it is certainly not without it’s own bugs and glitches.

I prefer F13 as a slasher game but DBD just has more to do. The constant leveling up system, rank, and getting perks just give it more to do. You will never not have SOMETHING to work for.

In F13, once you reach level 150 and unlock everything and every perk there is nothing left to do, it’s very vanilla. I’m just bored of it after nearly two years. I only play with friends nowadays.

I didn’t wanna do a DBD vs F13 but I just wanted to say my two cents.

This is one of the more tasteful comparisons between the two games. Nicely done.

1 hour ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

This is all I have to say about this topic and I think it will best describe the game as well...

“ You know what your gift is......No matter what they do to you, you cannot DIE, you can never DIE!!”

-Mother

Very clever.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

 

I prefer F13 as a slasher game but DBD just has more to do. The constant leveling up system, rank, and getting perks just give it more to do. You will never not have SOMETHING to work for.

For me..Perks, ranks, levels..and working for things only make sense in rpgs.  

 

HelI, I would have preferred no ranks or perks in F13th..    Just pure, uncut, slasher fun.    

 

After all the DBD updates... F13th is still better..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

For me..Perks, ranks, levels..and working for things only make sense in rpgs.  

 

HelI, I would have preferred no ranks or perks in F13th..    Just pure, uncut, slasher fun.    

 

After all the DBD updates... F13th is still better..

We all have varying opinions.

F13 is just so vanilla to me. There is NOTHING to look forward to and nothing to progress toward. It’s more like I’m playing “Jason Piñata” than a true horror game, but you can’t really have a true horror game when it is multiplayer.

I’ll play F13 until the day the servers are shut down. It brought new life to the horror video game genre and I’m grateful that Gun gave a chance for Jason to shine.

I just think DBD takes the cake when it comes to the better overall game for various reasons.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

We all have varying opinions.

F13 is just so vanilla to me. There is NOTHING to look forward to and nothing to progress toward. It’s more like I’m playing “Jason Piñata” than a true horror game, but you can’t really have a true horror game when it is multiplayer.

I’ll play F13 until the day the servers are shut down. It brought new life to the horror video game genre and I’m grateful that Gun gave a chance for Jason to shine.

I just think DBD takes the cake when it comes to the better overall game for various reasons.

Ya.. we all have different tastes...

But for me,. DBD does nothing better. 

Looking forward to things and progressing in a "SLASHER MOVIE GAME"?  I just don't get it.     Only thing I look forward too is a good/fun game, entertaining kills and endings.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The perk system in F13 was a complete afterthought. It shows. The las vegas style nature of the system was probably designed to give everyone a fair chance at the good perks rather than being a higher level equals having better perks, thus always leaving scenarios where low level players didn't want to play higher leveled players due to knowing they were going to have better perks.

They should've stuck with the special abilities idea they had in place. After two years or whatever in kickstarter, it feels like they absolutely rushed/half assed launch due to the pressure of setting a general timeline of release and getting crucified for not delivering on a date. They were getting killed for pushing off launch/release and they caved it seemed if anyone remembers all the way back then. I certainly do.

If you took away the meta perks or perks in general and just beefed up the stats themselves to make them more worthwhile. It would've added more to the game.

For instance, when was the last time anyone saw a MALE ONLY counselor lobby? I certainly can't recall. Without medic, thick skin and hypo, counselors would not be able to fight Jason as well as they do now. Every Jason would wear them out quickly, weapon strength Jasons even faster. I've already talked a lot about how they could improve stealth, composure, etc as stats.

Strength I would've tied to HP, so higher strength counselors could take more damage from Jason. So Bugsy, Fox, Shelly and Adam would immediately be better than they are now. Weaker strength would decrease HP and the scale to demask Jason would be a lot more than 2-5 machete/axe swings, so outside of speed and pushing parts, Vanessa would become a lot less useful up close as would most of the women outside of Fox.

I realize im jumping around here. I would not have a perk system for Jason, but I would've given each Jason special abilities like the counselors specific to that Jason which would've added more tiers unfortunately, but also more variety to each Jason and Counselor.

f13-beta-1.jpg&f=1

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/22/2018 at 11:26 PM, Nicksawaboy said:

This game is kind of dead already, sure hardcore fans will deny but Dead By Daylight is way out performing this game by miles they have a strong community and devs that actually listen to you with weekly streams with feedback and answers. And they’re onto their second year with a huge roadmap ahead of them with a new killer/map/survivor each season 

Feel free to jump ship and never return.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Feel free to jump ship and never return.

Thank you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Thank you 

Anytime. This "F13 is dead, but DBD isn't!" shit gets really, REALLY old. All the new content in the world does not change the fact that you are running in circles and pushing over pallets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't mind either a continuation of the current game or Friday the 13th: The Game Part 2. It would be nice. But as of hte topic question is no where. I'd like to see a patch powering up Part 3, 4, 7 & Savini's Daggers & Traps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Anytime. This "F13 is dead, but DBD isn't!" shit gets really, REALLY old. All the new content in the world does not change the fact that you are running in circles and pushing over pallets.

Watching that game being played on YouTube was enough for me to have 0 interest in playing it. Killers don’t kill people, there’s no cool special kills, survivors just repair generators. It seems very repetitive unlike f13 where you have more options to survival

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe Friday the 13th style map sizes with custom maps for each killer. then you can have a mode where both killers kill as many unlucky ppl as possible. the more who can get more flesh and blood into a dark portal machine can escape back to what ever dimension of horror they came from.

some type of head to head where it’s vs each other to kill more players. you could go against each other but like jason will come back but will be a spawn time penalty depending on how u are hurt or if you’re finished off by other psycho. then we could possible see a real freddy vs jason fight while survivors are also being killed. 

 

also so maybe weird monster spawns like the classic un-stoppable  blob. gets bigger with each kill.

 

this could be a stand alone game or a sequel to DBD or new game. I def would love to be able to work on a team. these are just scraps of ideas I have that have influence from tons of games i’ve played over the years since duke nukem online and of course The man Mario with lungs of steel.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, HuDawg said:

For me..Perks, ranks, levels..and working for things only make sense in rpgs.

There are more games than RPGs that make good use of such elements.

Adjustments to the majority of perks to make them more useful could lead to new strategies. This might relieve some of the boredom with the game.

If we had a ranking system that kept track of and ranked us all by the number of kills we've each made as Jason, and the number of times anyone has been killed as Jason, that would have made sense. People love having their bragging rights when it comes to competing with friends / rivals.

It would have been nice to just collect CP and freely choose in what order we wanted to purchase everything, from counselors to Jasons to perks to Jason kills. Setting a sizeable but reasonable CP price for each item would have made it worthwhile once you purchased it.

I do agree that leveling up doesn't really suit this game.

With or without perks / ranks / grinding / leveling up, people would still find something to enjoy about this game just the same.

15 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

 

There are many of us who feel the same way you do.

7 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

For instance, when was the last time anyone saw a MALE ONLY counselor lobby?

I see it very rarely, but have seen it more than once. I saw it perhaps two or three weeks ago.

28 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Watching that game being played on YouTube was enough for me to have 0 interest in playing it. Killers don’t kill people, there’s no cool special kills, survivors just repair generators. It seems very repetitive unlike f13 where you have more options to survival

All game are repetitive if you play them long enough. That's why it's good to take a break once in a while.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DBD is so damn ass! I bought it for $15 on Xbox and a few of the licensed character DLCs and played the first 6 games and thought to myself "alright, this game is already boring". It's too limited in its gameplay. Only one objective for survivors and killers can only slash and hook and sometimes do a special kill. I do occasionally play it but not too often since it's gets boring pretty quick. If it offered more variety in its gameplay like F13, then I could maybe see myself playing it more. That's just my opinion though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still playing, after being max level with all unlocked. Lots of great perks, with nothing new on the horizon other than patches and increased xp, cp and tape drop events. Still my go-to game. Love it, and always come back to it. I imagine after the lawsuit there will be a sequel, part 2. But until then, I'll play just because it's Friday the 13th! Dead by Daylight is just not interesting to me.... Now they got some watered down version of Ash, no boomstick or chainsaw.... Really?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

Now they got some watered down version of Ash, no boomstick or chainsaw.... Really?

My thoughts exactly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Redrum138 said:

. Now they got some watered down version of Ash, no boomstick or chainsaw.... Really?

Water downed version is right ! Any Ash who isn’t kicking Deadite ass is not really Ash Williams why ever bother putting him in the game? To run away and fix generators....please..

they should have had Him be A killer in the game but the twist for that would be  survivors can only chose the other killers to escape or kill Ash with not the regular survivors!! 

This way Ash is the bad ass killer of “Killers” throwing one liners at the likes of the Nurse and Trapper and Hag as he Boom sticks and saws them in half!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Water downed version is right ! Any Ash who isn’t kicking Deadite ass is not really Ash Williams why ever bother putting him in the game? To run away and fix generators....please..

they should have had Him be A killer in the game but the twist for that would be  survivors can only chose the other killers to escape or kill Ash with not the regular survivors!! 

This way Ash is the bad ass killer of “Killers” throwing one liners at the likes of the Nurse and Trapper and Hag as he Boom sticks and saws them in half!

This would have been so much better, lol. 

He does look good but the lack of chainsaw bothers me, my favourite Ash has always been the original and as good as this one looks, he also looks old. (Forgive me a Bruce, but in a video game, I want to be the best version of you.)  

That said, there could always be a new game mode were you can fight back and then he can be all he should be. 

 

Just for fun, I’d like the devs of this game to give Jason 115% Counselor movement speed and let a few good players loose to see what kinda damage Jason could do if he was as fast as a Dbd killer, lol. I think it would definitely put the fear of god in some players. Give the Counselors Tommy stats just so they’re all level and balanced. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd have liked to have seen a game mode that played as such: Counselors spawn inside of a random cabin. Immediately at the start, a 60 second countdown begins. That's how much time you have to loot whatever cabin you spawned in. At the end of the 60 seconds, Jason spawns (already enraged) into the game and the 5 minute police timer begins.

Now, all you have to do is make it to the exit when they spawn... which they won't stay at forever, by the way. You'd have 3-5 minutes before they leave and everyone still alive gets auto-GO'ed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I'd have liked to have seen a game mode that played as such: Counselors spawn inside of a random cabin. Immediately at the start, a 60 second countdown begins. That's how much time you have to loot whatever cabin you spawned in. At the end of the 60 seconds, Jason spawns (already enraged) into the game and the 5 minute police timer begins.

Now, all you have to do is make it to the exit when they spawn... which they won't stay at forever, by the way. You'd have 3-5 minutes before they leave and everyone still alive gets auto-GO'ed.

That would be a blast, I’d like the high stamina characters to appear farther from the exit but other than that it’s cool as is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Feel free to jump ship and never return.

Everything they add to that game sucks. Just like the game. They have ruined all the slashers from the 80’s in that crap game.  Friday will be exactly where it is now when they decide to ruin ash. Fdbd 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...