gyaaft

Where will this game be on May 26, 2019?

28 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

This really isn't the case at all. Both Dead by Daylight and Friday the 13th overwhelmingly favour the survivors over the killer. The difference is that DbD's playerbase takes the game very seriously while F13's playerbase is casual. If the DbD playerbase were playing F13, Jason would be dying in every other quick play match.

In DbD only 3 of the 11 killers see frequent play at high ranks because most of the killers just can't handle the ridiculous things survivors are capable of.

As a person who loves playing both, Jason is supposed to be stronger than counselors, DBD is skill reliant on the survivors. The issue is that Jason is getting the wrong buffs, while making fixers less enjoyable, and having Vanessa’s and Chads still top tier. I can easily outsmart anyone both killer or survivor, you just have to be smarter than the other player. You can still kill everyone with the best perks, or give the killer a good chase with certain perks. That’s why I love DBD. 

2 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

As a person who loves playing both, Jason is supposed to be stronger than counselors, DBD is skill reliant on the survivors. The issue is that Jason is getting the wrong buffs, while making fixers less enjoyable, and having Vanessa’s and Chads still top tier. I can easily outsmart anyone both killer or survivor, you just have to be smarter than the other player. You can still kill everyone with the best perks, or give the killer a good chase with certain perks. That’s why I love DBD. 

In DbD, the Nurse controls the chase and the survivor has to trick them to survive. With the Huntress it's like a 50/50 rock paper scissors match. With every other killer if the survivor knows how to properly loop, all the killer can do is hope they can bait the survivor into making a mistake. If they don't, the survivor wins. Now the killer has to do this a dozen times while one or two mistakes will result in most people escaping.

54 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

In DbD, the Nurse controls the chase and the survivor has to trick them to survive. With the Huntress it's like a 50/50 rock paper scissors match. With every other killer if the survivor knows how to properly loop, all the killer can do is hope they can bait the survivor into making a mistake. If they don't, the survivor wins. Now the killer has to do this a dozen times while one or two mistakes will result in most people escaping.

You're basically agreeing. You're talking about capitalizing on others mistakes. That requires skill.

1 hour ago, bewareofbears said:

You're basically agreeing. You're talking about capitalizing on others mistakes. That requires skill.

Yeah, but you can't force a survivor to make a mistake. A good survivor can loop even the best killer across the entire map until five generators are done. It's so bad that the Ruin perk is considered mandatory just to not have 3-4 generators pop before the average rank 1 player gets hooked. That is why almost everyone plays Nurse, Hillbilly and Huntress. Those are the three killers that can catch a player regardless of how good they may be because their power cuts the chase short.

3 hours ago, Erik13E said:

I see what you are saying, but I still think it is an interesting direction. A troll will be a troll, [clothing has nothing to do with it.] I definitely think it would add to the character customizability/player individuality aspect. And as for the games longevity it would be a small incentive. But an incentive non the less. The game is great fun, but can always be critiqued/improved . [For example Character Customization is ONE of the reason I love the Dark Souls franchise.]. I am aware its a totally different game, but i feel its an improvement on the current F13.

I agree- trolls will troll but I don't think we need to give them more ammunition to do so.

The customization items in this game aren't lacking but I would agree with anyone who said they could have been better. From what I understand, @wes is the one that does the clothes and if I'm being honest- I don't trust a man who waxes his mustache to know anything about fashion. That's not to say I do either or that some things haven't been good but any further clothing options should probably be created by someone else with some basic fashion knowledge or they should do the one thing they haven't done- ask us what we want. There are many outfits that don't match and limited mix and match options. My point being I definitely think there is room for improvment but anything joke costume related is not the way to go about it.

15 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

Yeah, but you can't force a survivor to make a mistake. A good survivor can loop even the best killer across the entire map until five generators are done. It's so bad that the Ruin perk is considered mandatory just to not have 3-4 generators pop before the average rank 1 player gets hooked. That is why almost everyone plays Nurse, Hillbilly and Huntress. Those are the three killers that can catch a player regardless of how good they may be because their power cuts the chase short.

You're playing at a much higher level than I am. I haven't made it past Rank 14 or 13 as a killer. I would imagine things get very repetitive at the higher ranks but congrats on getting there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bewareofbears said:

You're playing at a much higher level than I am. I haven't made it past Rank 14 or 13 as a killer. I would imagine things get very repetitive at the higher ranks but congrats on getting there.

The ranking system is a joke, especially for survivors. Anyone who plays long enough and has access to decent perks will make it to rank 1 with enough time, which is part of the problem. People have to intentionally downrank to play with people of their own skill level.

Just now, MichaelMemers said:

The ranking system is a joke, especially for survivors. Anyone who plays long enough and has access to decent perks will make it to rank 1 with enough time, which is part of the problem. People have to intentionally downrank to play with people of their own skill level.

Hopefully the revamp of the ranking system will address some of that.

I haven't played much as a Survivor in a while. I run into a lot of "Sabotage with Friends" groups or Squadettes lately.

31 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Hopefully the revamp of the ranking system will address some of that.

I haven't played much as a Survivor in a while. I run into a lot of "Sabotage with Friends" groups or Squadettes lately.

I assume you mean 4 Claudettes. I just leave if there are tons of them in the lobby since they tend to be toxic. If there's only one or two I camp them.

28 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

I assume you mean 4 Claudettes. I just leave if there are tons of them in the lobby since they tend to be toxic. If there's only one or two I camp them.

I switch to Leatherface and camp the first one I hook. They're usually together so someone always tries to be a hero. Still, I've had mixed results.

Leatherface is fun against dumb parties, no doubt. I'm leveling up Huntress but the game is refusing to give me BBQ and Chilli so I'm forced to play Leatherface until she learns it or suffer more grind before I can get what I want.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

Leatherface is fun against dumb parties, no doubt. I'm leveling up Huntress but the game is refusing to give me BBQ and Chilli so I'm forced to play Leatherface until she learns it or suffer more grind before I can get what I want.

I suck with the hatchets. :/

3 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

I suck with the hatchets. :/

So do I, but I've played enough of her to know I like her and want to get better. She's one of the few killers with a high skill cap and that can compete at high ranks, and if you get good enough you can do ridiculous stuff like hooking someone, noticing with BBQ and Chilli that someone is healing in the middle of a cornfield on the opposite side of the map and then aiming the hatchet so far up that it travels the map and lands right on top of them, downing them.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AdmiralJT said:

I guess the killers are worried about spreading any blood born illness, it's kinda like cleaning the skin with alcohol before giving the lethal injection.

But they are in the entity's world, It would make no sense that there would be an illness which could kill someone... 

DbD Devs don't have a real reason other than to make a perk about it and give survivors a chance to run off

So you all think the game will be Dbd in May 2019? Lol, none of this belongs here, you should all be ashamed, ;)

(I'm joking, don't sharpen your hooks just yet.)

10 hours ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Way I see it.  F13th is not a try hard game.  Its a casual party game.

Its not about top tier counselors, fixers or best perks.  And IMO people who think like this just have the wrong mentality.

Way it see it, Its about running around, trying to survive the night while Jason slaughters everyone.

Sure some perks and counselors have a better advantage over others in certain situation.  But F13th is mean to be more cinematic and wild, like the movies.

8 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

if I'm being honest- I don't trust a man who waxes his mustache to know anything about fashion. 

I lol'd. 

:lol:

On 3/24/2018 at 2:50 AM, bewareofbears said:

I agree- trolls will troll but I don't think we need to give them more ammunition to do so.

The customization items in this game aren't lacking but I would agree with anyone who said they could have been better. From what I understand, @wes is the one that does the clothes and if I'm being honest- I don't trust a man who waxes his mustache to know anything about fashion. That's not to say I do either or that some things haven't been good but any further clothing options should probably be created by someone else with some basic fashion knowledge or they should do the one thing they haven't done- ask us what we want. There are many outfits that don't match and limited mix and match options. My point being I definitely think there is room for improvment but anything joke costume related is not the way to go about it.

Ha, I gotcha, I see what you mean. I just think it would be fun, but I like character customization. Probably too much.....  i stray from the path on alot of games, because I do not like Not being able to see my character, i enjoy seeing them run around, get killed etc. Maybe eventually we'll see some other implementations someday. 

I think it all depends on what direction is taken with additional content beyond the original franchise. After Jason X, what else is there to implement from the series? More kills, cosmetics, maybe new weapons for Jason, probably more counselors but other than that? Unless they get their hands on Reboot Jason or FvJ Jason, and their respective maps, the content will just be clothing and kill packs.

hi guys im thinking about buying the game *pc* is it dead or you can still find quick matchmaking *less than 5 min* ty for replying

I love everything Jason. as seen via my interesting Fry container guy wearing a jason mask. 

I say say we all blow up Friday the 13th twitter and all who were involved and tell them we all are here and we support this series.

Like when kick starter was going.

Its like a Fire you get it started. Great well you need to keep it going. Keep stoking the Fire. we may have hit snags but that’s when we need to work at our hardest.

Id say start by releasing the Savini Skin and jason X skin at the new cap level. To draw people in. make some new modes like league modes or ladder matches. maybe add more context kills. maybe even design some new maps that may have not been from the movies. like modern day crystal lake.

also use the more up to date modern jason map from the mid 2000s. I’m tired at the moment so bare with me.

we all need to put on our thinking caps.

maybe add freddy Krueger to the game with nightmare on elm street maps. so get new line cinema or whoever did it and have a cross over.

then have a freddy vs jason mode where they compete to see who kills more people.

something innovative.

lets brain storm. the series can be great again. I may have missed the kickstarter do to wrist injury and loss of job but I want to show my dedication as a true loyal fan and keep jason in the ring where he belongs. a champion.

I guess I still have hope for my Dear Lil jason.

Expect a double XP/Tape Drop and nothing more.

Even that is a high expectation at this point.

Getting even a fraction of the 20k players lost over the last couple years would take a miracle.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, DR.Friday said:

I guess I still have hope for my Dear Lil jason.

Welcome to camp, please go and do an introduction post when you have a minute. Take a minute to read the rules too, there aren’t that many.

Double posting is replying directly below a previous post you’ve made, this is against the rules but really we try not to do it as it makes more work for our mods. The mods aren’t payed, they do this out of love for the game, so please be respectful. 

If you have any questions feel free to tag me, @ symbol followed by the person you want to tags name... or just quote me, if it’s easier.

This is a fun one to look back on being a year later now. Even handcuffed with no new content the game still isn't dead like some were already claiming.. 😁Sad though, when you can see all hopeful ideas people had in their heads for future content and then can realize why everyone went crazy when content was halted.. 😥

I find it ironic that people have so much hate towards DbD. They are CLEARLY jealous that it is still going strong.

"What exactly are they doing right?" Well for starters, they still have a 20k+ playerbase, so while the 7 people on here who find DbD boring, 20k others don't. And while DbD is more repetitive then F13, and the DLCs are just a cashgrab (even though emotes and dances are too), DbD has constant updates. Updates where they actually fix things, and not add in more problems then they take out.

Their perk system is IMO much better overall. There are a few perks on F13 that I really like, but the RNG of it is just a HUGE pain in the ass. Spending thousands and thousands of CP just to roll useless perks like Evasion and Psychic.

Don't get me wrong, I can't stand playing DbD. But I can at least see where they went right, and can respect them for taking such good care of their game.

Anyways, to OP, can't really say, even after a year. The only thing we can do is hope for the best. But unless they can come out with some QUALITY updates and balance changes, then F13 will either stay as it is now, with a playerbase of under 400. Or it will die completely and the servers will be shut down.

• Like 1