ShiftySamurai

Welcome to the Salt Mines

Absolutely fantastic news! Hopefully all the irresponsible people will be filtered out and make the game more playable. Soon the empty salt mine servers will be full of the rage quitting trolls and it will be an express trip to Friday 13th Salt Lake City!

If this doesn't work go one step further and give them a special salty map too:

2013-06-18-16.42.36-e1373287086476-1024x

I only hope that if my game crashes it doesn't register that I left early. A part from that I see no problems with this idea, I hope it generates a more friendly experience for new people playing the game.

Um, first, this is rad... but I get fucking dashboarded at least twice a day while playing. I also lag out every once in awhile... how do you account for shit that's out of our hands? 

Also, hate to say it, but sometimes LIFE happens and you gotta bail from a game regardless of whether you're Jason/host/GOD.... there's gotta be a way to differentiate between players who quit the moment they become Jason or die... in relation to just having to bail mid-stream for unforeseen circumstances.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

But what do we do about salty players who can’t take the fact that they are losing? We give them Salt, with a Capital S.

Shifty!! You granted my #3 wish!!!

BlackandwhiteAmbitiousHumpbackwhale-size

Good deal. I love it. Do you inform the individual they've earned salt? And will you have an objection link set up for when they do? The reason I ask is for times when someone's connection actually lags out. Say you're nowhere near Jason but suddenly you get that slight pause, black screen, & connection lost to host message. Are we gifted with salt for a bad connection?

It isn't a lot but I have had these issues occasionally. If I could get better internet service where I live I assure, I would. I just don't want to be scolded for something truly out of my control.

While I agree with the idea, I can't get behind it while the game is so unstable. I see the wrong people getting punished here. It would be a better idea to banish trolls and teamers to their own forsaken lobby queues.

Reading thru these 6 pages I've come to one conclusion..........

There ain't a damn thing this Dev Team can do that will please most of you.

A good portion of you wanna bitch and moan about players rage quitting or leaving matches early but as soon as they announce a system to help with these issues what happens? Y'all don't even wanna give the system a chance to see how it works or if it will help. You just wanna bitch and moan about a solution we haven't even got to see in action. It makes me wonder how many of you ARE what you complain about.

As human beings we ALL have a way of justifying our own actions, even if/when those actions are the same as the actions of others we feel are doing wrong. "I think rage quitters should be punished..........but I'm not a rage quitter just because I leave a match immediately after (during) being killed. I'm just impatient and wanna move on to the next game. I shouldn't be punished."

Fact is........... We ALL know how this game works. "You start, you play, you finish." That could mean you finish early by escaping........or you finish early by dying. It could mean you finish late, but what it shouldn't mean is "I finish whenever the fuck I want because I can just leave." The "human condition" is what makes this game such a pain in the ass. As long as you have to play with other human beings, you're gonna have to learn to deal with shitbag people. 

Will the "Salt Mines" help? I don't know. What I do know is this......... They MIGHT and I won't know unless I give it a chance. I also know that any system they put in place will NEVER cure the "human condition" and there is only one real solution for those people that want a multiplayer game that doesn't come with a bag full of assholes and here it is...........

"Quit playing online multiplayer games or get used to dealing with assholes."

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Reading thru these 6 pages I've come to one conclusion..........

There ain't a damn thing this Dev Team can do that will please most of you.

A good portion of you wanna bitch and moan about players rage quitting or leaving matches early but as soon as they announce a system to help with these issues what happens? Y'all don't even wanna give the system a chance to see how it works or if it will help. You just wanna bitch and moan about a solution we haven't even got to see in action. It makes me wonder how many of you ARE what you complain about.

As human beings we ALL have a way of justifying our own actions, even if/when those actions are the same as the actions of others we feel are doing wrong. "I think rage quitters should be punished..........but I'm not a rage quitter just because I leave a match immediately after (during) being killed. I'm just impatient and wanna move on to the next game. I shouldn't be punished."

Fact is........... We ALL know how this game works. "You start, you play, you finish." That could mean you finish early by escaping........or you finish early by dying. It could mean you finish late, but what it shouldn't mean is "I finish whenever the fuck I want because I can just leave." The "human condition" is what makes this game such a pain in the ass. As long as you have to play with other human beings, your gonna have to learn to deal with shitbag people. 

Will the "Salt Mines" help? I don't know. What I do know is this......... They MIGHT and I won't know unless I give it a chance. I also know that any system they put in place will NEVER cure the "human condition" and there is only one real solution for those people that want a multiplayer game that doesn't come with a bag full of assholes and here it is...........

"Quit playing online multiplayer games or get used to dealing with assholes."

amen brotha!

• Thanks 1

How can you tell the difference between a network issue (which causes someone to log out) and someone being salty and logging out (or rage quitting)???

5 minutes ago, BigDookie said:

How can you tell the difference between a network issue (which causes someone to log out) and someone being salty and logging out (or rage quitting)???

I don't think it makes a difference. If you have shitty internet, go in a room with other people with shitty internet or pay for better bandwidth..

2 minutes ago, BigDookie said:

Per their twitter account, network disconnects will earn you salt, but not enough to put you into the mines.  This is targeted towards people that are lobby hopping and rage-quitting during matches.  The players affected by this will be ones that match quit over and over until they get their golden match.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, The Gloved One said:

I think what @ShiftySamurai is saying is that they will accumulate over time if said actions are done repeatedly .

And leaving the match after I'm dead is something I will proudly do repeatedly so I don't have to wait X minutes until the game ends. I would like to think leaving the match after death is something this salt system wont penalize you for, but I would like a clear statement confirming this from the admin.

I can understand why this is being implemented but I’m not happy about it.

If I’m the host and I have people teaming with Jason to screw other counsellors over, I always crash the match. Why should they be allowed to get XP at the expense of everybody else? I’ll gladly take the salt points, because I’m not just going to sit back and let people ruin the game for people. Is it not possible to make a system similar to DBD, where you have the option to leave with your XP after you’ve died / escaped or the option to spectate? Back when I still needed XP I was sometimes forced to sit and watch people hiding under beds or inside of wardrobes for 10+ minutes and it’s incredibly dull lol. 

Now that I’ve maxed out my level, what reason do I have to sit and spectate after I’ve escaped or died? I don’t think we should be ‘punished’ for not wanting to stick around. I only stay if I have other friends in the lobby with me or if I’ve found a lobby of good players. The latter is rare nowadays as this community can be so toxic for no reason. Shouldn’t games be played for FUN? Why are people so damn aggressive all of the time? *sigh*

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Z0MBIEBR0 said:

If I’m the host and I have people teaming with Jason to screw other counsellors over, I always crash the match.

Since you're the host, why don't you just boot those players at the end of the match? That way, you squash their efforts after the round, and you don't get any salt points.

1 minute ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Since you're the host, why don't you just boot those players at the end of the match? That way, you squash their efforts after the round, and you don't get any salt points.

I play on console. I don’t think you can kick people on PS4? 

This is good.

For all those who are complaining because they leave after they get killed, yes you ARE being a JERK.  Leaving lobbies over and over makes it take longer for everyone else to fill lobbies and play the game.

If you get killed within the first minute, take those 19 minutes to:

-go to the bathroom

-have a drink/smoke break

-read

-do some pushups

-go for a short walk

-talk to a friend, family member, or loved one

-watch the match play out and learn some strategies to avoid being killed in the first minute

If you really hate watching the rest of the match, maybe this game isn't for you.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

watch the match play out and learn some strategies to avoid being killed in the first minute

I rarely die. I normally either survive the entire night, kill Jason, or escape.

However sometimes shit happens and you can get screwed over pretty early in the match, like when Jason grabs you from across the map with his magnetic hands lol. We shouldn't be forced to sit there for 19 minutes because this game is still buggy as hell. 

All the people being salty about this are just lucky their not linking it to your forum I.D. and bumping you off to the forums salt mine equivalent. 

2 minutes ago, Z0MBIEBR0 said:

I rarely die. I normally either survive the entire night, kill Jason, or escape.

However sometimes shit happens and you can get screwed over pretty early in the match, like when Jason grabs you from across the map with his magnetic hands lol. We shouldn't be forced to sit there for 19 minutes because this game is still buggy as hell. 

Nobody is forcing you to do anything. YOU choose to play a game that's (in your own words) "buggy as hell". Why not go play a more stable game until this one is all patched up??

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dolemite said:

@ShiftySamurai I don't agree with this at all. I would if the game was 100% stable, but it's not. People shouldn't be penalized if they are forced to leave a game for reasons beyond their control, such as a glitch that sticks the camera on the ground on a random part of the map (and not behind the player) or if the game crashes.

I understand this perhaps being rolled out for console players with the issues they're experiencing, but leave it off PC. We don't need it...well, at least until the game is stable and glitch-free.

I totally agree with this, also what happens when you get stuck being in a game with a team of Chads and Vanessa’s.  That is the only time that I refuse to play as Jason because it simply isn’t fun.  

On paper this is one of those ideas that sounds good on paper but really isn’t.

Thing they need to consider:

1. Reworking counselor selection so there can’t be more than two of the same councelor. (This also makes it balanced for the councelors because things will then get fixed.) I’m sorry, but  playing on a match with there’s more than 3 Chads or Vanessa’s is never fun for either side.

2.  Players are going to get creative and while techinally following your rules they are going to troll. You are also going to create the scenario where Jason may get frustrated and than rather than getting banished to the B server, they just morph to the lake and put on Netflix for 20 minutes.  

3. If i was put into a bad match for QP, get killed and not get to be Tommy, it feels like I’m now being punished by staying in the match watching these bad players play.  Remember you still get penalized for leaving early you don’t get the end of match bonus.  Yes, this becomes trivial for 150ers, but so what? At this point we have our perks and unlocks done so there’s no point for grinding.  Before I maxed out my level, I stayed until the end.  Hopefully the newer players see that it’s still more efficient to do this than leave. 

4. Also you need to fix the problem where once the game ends the lobby closes,  before that big October patch the players always stayed in the lobby, even if the host left (This was PC). That way if you were lucky to get a get a bunch of good players than you would continue to play, this reduced the amount of salt and kept peoples attitudes better.  This goes along with my point in #3, I would be more inclined to stay with people I enjoyed playing with even if I was on the bench for 10 minutes. 

5. You should not punish people for leaving if they don’t want to play the game, the players on the servers are down again and this could impact the population. 

The only time people should get punished, is if they are jason leaving mid sweater sequence or when the Tommy animation begins.  Or you can jus fix it so the councelors get the “Kill Jason” reward points like Jason does when he starts the kill animation. 

Edited by shodan
Misc edits
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Z0MBIEBR0 said:

I play on console. I don’t think you can kick people on PS4? 

You can in private lobbies, not sure about public.

Just now, BrokenFattHardy said:

Nobody is forcing you to do anything. YOU choose to play a game that's (in your own words) "buggy as hell". Why not go play a more stable game until this one is all patched up??

You're right. I do choose to play this game, and I play it because I love it. I've just never played a game without dedicated servers before, so I'm used to just leaving when I want too. I was probably being unfair with my buggy comment, as honestly this game has improved heaps and bounds since it was first released and 90% of my matches run smoothly. I guess I'll just wait until this patch is live before I say too much about it lol. 

Sorry if I came across as rude, as that wasn't my intention. Sometimes it's hard to express your feelings online without coming across as abrasive.

• Like 1