ShiftySamurai

Welcome to the Salt Mines

@ShiftySamurai Will there be a way for you guys to determine those who purposely quit and those who get booted from the game because of internet connectivity issues because Cox Cable wants to be a Chad one night or when the game randomly crashes on me out the blue? It happened to me once with my Internet going off because my ISP decided that that was the best time to restart my modem for an update and I was a bit peeved. Not because that happened to me but it also ruined everyone else' game. Thankfully my group of friends were in the lobby at the time and were able to relay my apology to everyone, including the randoms that were in the lobby. I don't want to go through the hassle of recording every match I play either. There must be a system set up that will detect the difference so us who do legit crash don't get punished.

Also, I would love to see Trolls who just come in game to run other players over with cars and exploit the Stun Locks on Jason and dancing around in groups not playing the game to be tossed in these Salt Mines to. Along with the Hackers and the Fake Uber Jasons.

3 minutes ago, Avanious said:

exploit the Stun Locks on Jason

No such thing as a Stun "Lock". Chain stuns are possible but those are limited. Also dancing should = salt mine? :lol:

51 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

No such thing as a Stun "Lock". Chain stuns are possible but those are limited. Also dancing should = salt mine? :lol:

Stun lock... chain stunning.... bullying Jason..... pinata Jason.... don't get into the semantics of it. I understand what he is talking about and you probably do too. It is a problem and extremely frustrating to have to endure as Jason. I have seen many Jason players leave a match because of the battle Chads, not because they are bad people or trolls, but because the frustration level caused by this to people that either have not learned how to deal with it (ALL new players) or simply do not have the patience to put up with the stress caused by the frustration when Jason becomes a pinata.            #Stress Kills
    How people describe it should not be an issue here. It exists and is a problem.
    I don't have a problem with the battle Chads anymore.... bring it on!! New players though? I think it is one of many reasons the player base is so low. Several of my friends that no longer play have stated this to me as the reason they put the game down.

My only concerns about this update are:
                              *Sometimes the game crashes during play... this is not the fault of the player. Does the player gain salt for this?
                              *As others have stated.... there are many trolls that will take advantage of this.... and they can be VERY creative. Sometimes the mute button just isn't enough here.
                              *Will players gain salt for leaving after they are killed and can now speak to people in the afterlife club? At this point, leaving will not effect the game of others and many people do leave after this point, before or after Tommy arrives. No one other than a host on the platforms without dedicated servers should be penalized for this, unless someone can tell me how this could ruin or otherwise detrimentally effect the game for others.
                               *Do players lose salt over real time, time with the game running, playing in offline mode or multi player?

We will all find out soon enough. I hope the salt mines help... but I foresee complications.

• Thanks 2

Of course this is the best thing to come along in awhile, IMO. 

Hopefully we don’t gain salt by getting connection timeouts. 

Unfortunately, this won’t address counselors that work with Jason. Some players would leave to avoid the cheating, but they might now have to grin and bear it to avoid the salt.

Regardless, this is great news.

As long as they can tell the difference between someone leaving because of a bad connection with a high ping or losing their connection completely versus someone rage quitting then i'm all for it.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dolemite said:

@ShiftySamurai I don't agree with this at all. I would if the game was 100% stable, but it's not. People shouldn't be penalized if they are forced to leave a game for reasons beyond their control, such as a glitch that sticks the camera on the ground on a random part of the map (and not behind the player) or if the game crashes.

I understand this perhaps being rolled out for console players with the issues they're experiencing, but leave it off PC. We don't need it...well, at least until the game is stable and glitch-free.

Well remember, this is bundled with the new engine upgrade and if my knowledge about the engine is correct, it's suppose to clean up most of the problems you are mentioning. (For both PC/Consoles.) So hopefully no one will run into any issues that will force them out of game sessions much often.

This new system could turn out ok. I can see how it's essential for console players because if things go smoothly from the update, this can treat and sustain the host problems temporarily until dedicated servers arrive.

7 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Hosts leaving gain salt between now and then.

@ShiftySamurai This implies salt is currently being tracked. Yes or no?

You've also yet to answer the most important question: will leaving as a spectator incur salt? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dr. Lecter said:

@ShiftySamurai You've also yet to answer the most important question: will leaving as a spectator incur salt? 

Yeah, that would be bullshit. Let's say you screw up and get killed in the first minute or two of a match. So you're then obligated to sit and do nothing but watch for the remainder or you're punished? Or what if real life gets in the way and you have to leave a game for some reason?

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Sogreth said:

Then they fix it so the body doesn't ragdoll.

Jason players just complain about this because they want the other player to watch the kill. It's an ego boost. All it is.

Eh, Bad sports should be punished. Simple as that. 

22 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:
  2. Leave a match early, like a jerk

I'm unsure on how this is an issue at certain points. After you're dead you can't screw the game up by leaving. I'd rather not get lumped in with trolls because I'd rather not spectate for 17 minutes in a dead lobby where nobody is talking. 

Does leaving after death count against you? I'm with the others who would like to know. 

*edit* I'm speaking when not a host. Hosts are obligated to see matches through. That is fairly obvious.

I can see both sides to this, but from my own experience, I see how leaving early can be detrimental to everyone else in the game. Choose Jarvis House or Pinehurst, and you’ll clear out a full lobby in no time, thereby leaving fewer players to work with and delaying Tommy’s arrival. On those two maps especially, serious players don’t have time for the quitters. I’d rather them stay out of public matches altogether, and do that horseshit in private matches. It’s my thinking that’s what the salt mines are for.

If you want to leave early because you died right away, wasn’t picked to be Jason, or simply don’t want to play on a certain map, the system will lump you into the same group as the bigger offenders. It’s not a perfect solution, but IMO, it’s a lot better than letting quitters get away with quitting. The salt mines will force quitters to play with people who are all too happy to quit on them too. Again, this is only from my personal experience, but I find that most people who quit matches early — regardless of the reason — also get the most angry when someone does the same to them. What’s good for the goose is good for the gander.

I don’t think leaving after you’re killed is a huge deal, but leaving while alive should be punishable, certainly. A lot of players leave early, and most of the reasons they do it aren’t valid ones. 

• Like 2

People who leave even after being killed should get salt. Do players on Xbox still get xp for leaving early besides losing the 500xp for completed match? Im not sure but I never get stuff counted toward badges if I left early or the host left.

This is going to be interesting. While I am glad they are trying to prevent rage-quitters, I am wondering if the Salt Mines will be populated with the Trolls and Xbox One players?

I have stopped playing at times due to repeated dashboarding, lost connection and connection time outs. Based on Shifty’s posts, they do not have the ability to deferentiate between intentional and accidental “leaving”.

• Like 3

im going to post the same thing that i posted on twitter.... do you really think that dividing your playerbase in a game that only has (atm) less than 600 players (yesterday was less than 800) is a smart move? dont answer that because a lot of the things you guys do arent very smart.... let me put it in perspective for you. yes there are assholes in this game.... just like any game. but some of us, like streamers, dont care about that extra end match experience when we already have everything unlocked, if someone is already tommy and we are being killed we want to move on to the next match, if we die and no one is tommy we wait, if we dont get picked as tommy we leave.... forcing people to stay or be put into a server full of asshats is fucking ridiculous.... you really need to rethink this or get a business consultant because you are killing this game more so than before.... pretty soon you'lll be dividing the 200 players you have playing so that everyone decides to DC just to get to the salty servers to play with people again..... use your heads

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dead By Saturday said:

We should be able to teamkill in the salt mines since there will be no one to complain about it there.

the hunger games

39 minutes ago, Shreddy said:

im going to post the same thing that i posted on twitter.... do you really think that dividing your playerbase in a game that only has (atm) less than 600 players (yesterday was less than 800) is a smart move? dont answer that because a lot of the things you guys do arent very smart.... let me put it in perspective for you. yes there are assholes in this game.... just like any game. but some of us, like streamers, dont care about that extra end match experience when we already have everything unlocked, if someone is already tommy and we are being killed we want to move on to the next match, if we die and no one is tommy we wait, if we dont get picked as tommy we leave.... forcing people to stay or be put into a server full of asshats is fucking ridiculous.... you really need to rethink this or get a business consultant because you are killing this game more so than before.... pretty soon you'lll be dividing the 200 players you have playing so that everyone decides to DC just to get to the salty servers to play with people again..... use your heads

Exactly ^^. This is not the first time they've made a stupid decision. They just need a better server. Why in the world do we need an actual person to host??!!! I mean, look at fortnite!!! They host 100 people at one time. Instead they (AGAIN) decide to punish the player, THE BUYER, the people who made this game even possible! I have not played in about 2 months due to the drop fiasco for counselors, and now this?

• Thanks 1

This is great.  Players that do these actions deserve each other.   You are going to make the community stronger by something like this.    I'm confident they the devs will have a threshold to avoid the person that accidentally drops from 1 game in 20 for a disconnect, vs someone that drops 1 out of 2 games because they are a jerk.  If someone auto disconnects every game to a bad connection, they are still causing a problem and I have no problem with them going to the salt mines

This is an improvement to the game.

People who think this forces someone to stick in a bad group of people. You can still leave the game after you die.  The player numbers are a bit low, but frankly the April release is pretty massive and will either help the game, or it will be dead in a year regardless. The devs are making strides in tryng to improve the game, and we will see if it is enough, or too little to late. I'm glad they are trying.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, carnage4u said:

This is great.  Players that do these actions deserve each other.   You are going to make the community stronger by something like this.    I'm confident they the devs will have a threshold to avoid the person that accidentally drops from 1 game in 20 for a disconnect, vs someone that drops 1 out of 2 games because they are a jerk.  If someone auto disconnects every game to a bad connection, they are still causing a problem and I have no problem with them going to the salt mines

This is an improvement to the game.

People who think this forces someone to stick in a bad group of people. You can still leave the game after you die.  The player numbers are a bit low, but frankly the April release is pretty massive and will either help the game, or it will be dead in a year regardless. The devs are making strides in tryng to improve the game, and we will see if it is enough, or too little to late. I'm glad they are trying.

If they want to "improve" the game, STOP USING REAL PEOPLE AS HOST!!! This aint 2005!

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Grape said:

This is going to be interesting. While I am glad they are trying to prevent rage-quitters, I am wondering if the Salt Mines while be populated with the Trolls and Xbox One players?

I have stopped playing at times due to repeated dashboarding, lost connection and connection time outs. Based on Shifty’s posts, they do not have the ability to deferentiate between intentional and accidental “leaving”.

Well said. Shifty did say that a once in a while connection issue won’t send you to the mines.

Thing is, my friends and I time out every night; on average, twice. We either get “Lost connection to the host” or “connection timeout”. Our connections are fine with everything else; it’s just this one game. We play every day, so a minimum of two lost connections a day is 14 “quits” a week. Time will tell, but I really hope this doesn’t backfire.

4 minutes ago, LuxxyLuxx said:

If they want to "improve" the game, STOP USING REAL PEOPLE AS HOST!!! This aint 2005!

bro there working on that this is temporary obviously a terrible temporary idea but its something 

Very cool, but I see one issue. Example: I die early in the game, made a mistake, I LET JASON TO FINISH ME, PUNISH ME FOR MY MISTAKE, and then I leave the game, it means that I'm a jerk? Personally I see nothing bad in that. Instead of waiting another 20 minutes for an another match, I prefer to look for another one. With rest I totally agree