ShiftySamurai

Welcome to the Salt Mines

8 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

How many "Devs" would it take to handle all the video submissions everyday? Why would a developer be required to parse through all the complaints? Where is the money going to come from to pay the salaries of the people handling the complaints? Why couldn't you have asked this in the thread about the salt mines?

Like I said, this game don't have that many players to overwork the people who would work at this. And I didn't say this would be the complaint department, this would be like a page that you would send a small clip where you have enough proofs to ban a player or give him a punishment, and Jesus you say like "Where is the money come from to pay the salaries of the people handling the complaints" Like if devs where living under a bridge and the game didn't sell a single copy on a whole day, this game has selled more than a million of copies, so you can imagine how much money they earned with the game. And I didn't want to "ask" this because is a whole different idea and the salt mines announcement is a whole other thread?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

Like I said, this game don't have that many players to overwork the people who would work at this. And I didn't say this would be the complaint department, this would be like a page that you would send a small clip where you have enough proofs to ban a player or give him a punishment, and Jesus you say like "Where is the money come from to pay the salaries of the people handling the complaints" Like if devs where living under a bridge and the game didn't sell a single copy on a whole day, this game has selled more than a million of copies, so you can imagine how much money they earned with the game. And I didn't want to "ask" this because is a whole different idea and the salt mines announcement is a whole other thread?

Whos to say this game doesn't Explode again in players ?If I remember ,Ben and a few others were and may still be in charge of watching these videos .Im for an in-game report system where you can record and send your videos right there. But, Salt Mines are Needed overall for this game.

11 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

We aren't worried about dividing the player base. Salty assholes who ruin the game for everyone else should be quarantined. They might grow the fuck up. Probably not, but just maybe. But in the meantime, we won't have to worry about those guys. Is it going to stop trolling completely? No. Nothing will, but it is a step in the right direction and will mitigate the problem of dealing with some of them.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

Not sure what you wrote, all I could read out of that is

"I want it, it's a good idea, and I have no idea how business works, but it doesn't matter because I want this"

What you're asking for can't and won't happen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Amazing ,we Have two Anti-Salt Mine Threads going on right now. I don't get peoples fear of the salt mines .Mods might as well merge the two threads together. 

20 minutes ago, The Gloved One said:

Amazing ,we Have two Anti-Salt Mine Threads going on right now. I don't get peoples fear of the salt mines .Mods might as well merge the two threads together. 

Oh I get their fear.....they are afraid their behavior will end up getting them exiled.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, The Gloved One said:

Whos to say this game doesn't Explode again in players ?If I remember ,Ben and a few others were and may still be in charge of watching these videos .Im for an in-game report system where you can record and send your videos right there. But, Salt Mines are Needed overall for this game.

Do people still think that Jason kill bugs still being supported? They started to making some moves when they released this page but it ended on nothing sadly.

8 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

We aren't worried about dividing the player base. Salty assholes who ruin the game for everyone else should be quarantined. They might grow the fuck up. Probably not, but just maybe. But in the meantime, we won't have to worry about those guys. Is it going to stop trolling completely? No. Nothing will, but it is a step in the right direction and will mitigate the problem of dealing with some of them.

Well if I was a dev I would be worried, I know it's cliche but you just need to look to the playerbase in Steam.

7 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

Not sure what you wrote, all I could read out of that is

"I want it, it's a good idea, and I have no idea how business works, but it doesn't matter because I want this"

What you're asking for can't and won't happen.

And you have? I don't know why you are being so salty about my idea, nobody said that I want to be reality because of yes like a little kid asking for a candy. Im just proposing something that I think would make the game better, if you think that im wrong and you are the bussines man that works on Wall Street then there's a button on the bottom of the page that says "Read next topic"

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The Gloved One said:

. I don't get peoples fear of the salt mines

3 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

Oh I get their fear.....they are afraid their behavior will end up getting the exiled

My first thought when I read this was that they flushed out a closeted host quitter. I'm not sure that thought wasn't correct.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, jameson87 said:

Oh I get their fear.....they are afraid their behavior will end up getting the exiled.

Oh yeah because I played this game since launch just for troll and screw other people, maybe you need to do a research about how long I been here and how long I started to play this game. If I where the guy who just like to troll and ruin other people experience I would have leave since they removed team killing

6 hours ago, AdmiralJT said:

My first thought when I read this was that they flushed out a closeted host quitter. I'm not sure that thought wasn't correct.

I can't host games for two reasons

1- I don't have that good connection to support 6 people and make it stable

2- Nobody joins because of my location.

So yeah, I can't really host quit if I can't even be the host, damn, I can't even join games by myself because always put me as the host and nobody joins. Always have to join to lobbys where are my friends.

10 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

Do people still think that Jason kill bugs still being supported? They started to making some moves when they released this page but it ended on nothing sadly.

Well if I was a dev I would be worried, I know it's cliche but you just need to look to the playerbase in Steam.

And you have? I don't know why you are being so salty about my idea, nobody said that I want to be reality because of yes like a little kid asking for a candy. Im just proposing something that I think would make the game better, if you think that im wrong and you are the bussines man that works on Wall Street then there's a button on the bottom of the page that says "Read next topic"

Again, dividing assholes away from the rest is not a bad idea. It is a novel concept that all should embrace unless they fear being exiled. Plus you can run a private with said salty assholes if you would like. But we in QP won't have to deal with the rest of them and that is fantastic.

6 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

Oh yeah because I played this game since launch just for troll and screw other people, maybe you need to do a research about how long I been here and how long I started to play this game. If I where the guy who just like to troll and ruin other people experience I would have leave since they removed team killing

While you may, very well, might not be a troll and have a legit concern. That statement is not completely true as trolls adapt and look for new ways to grief. Taking team killing away did not stop all, or even most trolls. They moved on to the next thing. But it is telling that a lot of people are up in arms about dividing assholes away from the rest. They should be split away. I don't care how much money they have and spent on the game, you act like a salty prick, you get exiled to the salt mines. Simple as that. And the salt mines isn't exclusive to host quitters. It encompasses rage quitters in general. Jason quitters, those who quit because they didn't get picked as Jason, those who quit when Jason is mid kill etc. Did you even read Shifty's post about what will get you put in the mines?

• Like 1

Again, dividing assholes away from the rest is not a bad idea. It is a novel concept that all should embrace unless they fear being exiled. Plus you can run a private with said salty assholes if you would like. But we in QP won't have to deal with the rest of them and that is fantastic.

While you may, very well, might not be a troll and have a legit concern. That statement is not completely true as trolls adapt and look for new ways to grief. Taking team killing away did not stop all, or even most trolls. They moved on to the next thing. But it is telling that a lot of people are up in arms about dividing assholes away from the rest. They should be split away. I don't care how much money they have and spent on the game, you act like a salty prick, you get exiled to the salt mines. Simple as that.

Amen brother!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JasonLives86 said:

Amen brother!

Thanks.

6 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

So yeah, I can't really host quit if I can't even be the host, damn, I can't even join games by myself because always put me as the host and nobody joins. Always have to join to lobbys where are my friends.

And I edited last response to show that host quitters are not the only ones under scrutiny.....ANY rage quitters who ruin the game for others will be exiled as well. It is a wondrous thing and I for one can not wait.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

Have you attempted making friends on here to play with ?This would help a lot.

19 minutes ago, The Gloved One said:

I am all for them, but then again, I don’t rage quit, troll etc.... the only people it’s going to bother are trolls

Just now, NytmereZ said:

I am all for them, but then again, I don’t rage quit, troll etc.... the only people it’s going to bother are trolls

Which is fantastic!!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

While you may, very well, might not be a troll and have a legit concern. That statement is not completely true as trolls adapt and look for new ways to grief. Taking team killing away did not stop all, or even most trolls. They moved on to the next thing. But it is telling that a lot of people are up in arms about dividing assholes away from the rest. They should be split away. I don't care how much money they have and spent on the game, you act like a salty prick, you get exiled to the salt mines. Simple as that. And the salt mines isn't exclusive to host quitters. It encompasses rage quitters in general. Jason quitters, those who quit because they didn't get picked as Jason, those who quit when Jason is mid kill etc. Did you even read Shifty's post about what will get you put in the mines?

NOOOOOOOO, I writed like a freaking book as a response and I pressed the close button by accident and I closed Google.......... But as a resume, the salt mines won't stop people who help Jason, put traps on windows or doors, or just simply are a dick and tea bag Jason or body block you, it will only punish people who leave and kill others counselors. So yeah, my point that most of people misunderstand my point of this thread is that salt mines will only help like a 10% of what is really happening, the only solution is ban that people or give them a really bad punishement so they will not want make it again.

This guy makes a very good point @PlayerAgainstTheMachine

Well I have @malloymk and @NthnButAGoodTime on my friend list. But @malloymk only plays on private and he never invite me xD and @NthnButAGoodTime is like too busy for play just for 30 minutes.

25 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

NOOOOOOOO, I writed like a freaking book as a response and I pressed the close button by accident and I closed Google.......... But as a resume, the salt mines won't stop people who help Jason, put traps on windows or doors, or just simply are a dick and tea bag Jason or body block you, it will only punish people who leave and kill others counselors. So yeah, my point that most of people misunderstand my point of this thread is that salt mines will only help like a 10% of what is really happening, the only solution is ban that people or give them a really bad punishement so they will not want make it again.

Well I have @malloymk and @NthnButAGoodTime on my friend list. But @malloymk only plays on private and he never invite me xD and @NthnButAGoodTime is like too busy for play just for 30 minutes.

PS4? Yeah @NthnButAGoodTime is cool and the community he belongs to on there is great. Ask him about the community and join up with it. Those guys are really good and cool people.

Edit: Novel idea means great idea. Wasn't attacking your writing. I can tell english is not your native language and I wasn't picking at that. I can understand what you are trying to convey.

5 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

PS4? Yeah @NthnButAGoodTime is cool and the community he belongs to on there is great. Ask him about the community and join up with it. Those guys are really good and cool people.

If you are talking about the "Crystal Lake employment agency" community then im already in there, I think im going to start asking and sending friend requests there, the community is kinda small but I know @NthnButAGoodTime did a good job choosing who enters to that group.

18 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

True, I've suggested bans in the past as well, it's another good solution to the whole troll problem. I hate to bring up the game here, but in dead by daylight, I believe if you quit frequently enough, you get banned, so that's their way of handling rage quitters.

4 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

If you are talking about the "Crystal Lake employment agency" community then im already in there, I think im going to start asking and sending friend requests there, the community is kinda small but I know @NthnButAGoodTime did a good job choosing who enters to that group.

Yeah he did, I get on here and there as my job requires me to travel a lot, and be from home sometimes weeks at a time, it sucks but pays well and takes care of my wife and daughter very well. But when I am on and not busy I will run with ya. shoot me a message on here and I will drop my gamertag for you.

4 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

Yeah he did, I get on here and there as my job requires me to travel a lot, and be from home sometimes weeks at a time, it sucks but pays well and takes care of my wife and daughter very well. But when I am on and not busy I will run with ya. shoot me a message on here and I will drop my gamertag for you.

Are you some kind of journalist?  Anyway I will be happy to add you,  I've met like 120 people in this game (no joking)  and now only like 5 play now. 

5 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

Are you some kind of journalist?  Anyway I will be happy to add you,  I've met like 120 people in this game (no joking)  and now only like 5 play now. 

No, I work in commercial and residential construction. Building and remodeling. I just have always loved reading, writing, grammar, and history. I will shoot you a message with my gamertag.