ShiftySamurai

Welcome to the Salt Mines

22 minutes ago, Dr. Doodlydoot said:

I bet people are going to be going crazy about this, because the time is random when your parents are going to make you get off or when they need help with something.

Maybe it's time these people got out of their parents basements?

On a more serious note, it doesn't matter. People should still deal with consequences. 

24 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

Maybe it's time these people got out of their parents basements?

On a more serious note, it doesn't matter. People should still deal with consequences. 

I agree that these ppl need to get out their parents house. I laughed in fact. But you are all these other rude as$holes talking about “just dealing” with these cheap cheating a$s ppl are just as ridiculous as the cheaters themselves. Your idiotic attitude, along with the developers lack of action to “deal” with the cheating aspects, is just simply killing this game! The game is a very good game, don’t get me wrong. But these trolls and cheaters are just simply killing other people’s desires to play. I agree that something needs to be done, but what? Salt mines is a good move in the right direction!

10 minutes ago, kepps-66 said:

I agree that these ppl need to get out their parents house. I laughed in fact. But you are all these other rude as$holes talking about “just dealing” with these cheap cheating a$s ppl are just as ridiculous as the cheaters themselves. Your idiotic attitude, along with the developers lack of action to “deal” with the cheating aspects, is just simply killing this game! The game is a very good game, don’t get me wrong. But these trolls and cheaters are just simply killing other people’s desires to play. I agree that something needs to be done, but what? Salt mines is a good move in the right direction!

Eh. My comment was that people who have to opt out of playing need to deal with the consequences. In other words if a person leaves often enough to end up in the salt mines, I don't care what the excuse is. Getting called away isn't a good excuse if it's a constant issue.

So before you bash my "idiotic attitude", understand my stance on the issue. Turns out we feel the same about it. I guess we can be idiots together.

What happens if you lose connection? My internet is not the best and I don't want to earn Salt just because my of my Spectrum internet

1 hour ago, Vicool3628 said:

What happens if you lose connection? My internet is not the best and I don't want to earn Salt just because my of my Spectrum internet

If you lose connection now and again, you won't earn enough salt to be an issue. If your internet is bad and you are disconnecting often, it might be a good idea to get that taken care of before playing further. Otherwise you'll end up with the dregs. 

It might not sound fair to you, but leaving a game makes it harder for others to survive, so intentional or not, you're screwing up the fun for others. 

***I wasn't entirely sure where to ask this, and figured it didn't require it's own thread. So, sorry in advance***

Since dedicated servers are still a ways out, is there any way at all that the host could be given the power to kick players from a match?  Or maybe a "vote to kick" system similar to Red Dead Redemption Online (maybe a dated reference, sorry?)   I understand that this could be abused, but the trolls (Jason teamers, car kills, hoarding/hiding essential items, ect) is getting out of control.  Although I STRONGLY agree with the salt mine concept, I fell a lot of this stuff will fall though the cracks and go un reported.  People keep saying players are going to stop playing due to bugs/glitches, but to be honest, it's these fuckwads that's going to run more people away.  As stated above, I KNOW this will be abused from time to time, but I'm confident it would be for the greater good.  Thanks.

On 4/1/2018 at 7:12 PM, Risinggrave said:

Eh. My comment was that people who have to opt out of playing need to deal with the consequences. In other words if a person leaves often enough to end up in the salt mines, I don't care what the excuse is. Getting called away isn't a good excuse if it's a constant issue.

So before you bash my "idiotic attitude", understand my stance on the issue. Turns out we feel the same about it. I guess we can be idiots together.

Wasn’t talking about your stance, or your “feelings”. I think your right on. I actually “quoted” the wrong post previously. I was aiming my post at the “idiotic attitudes” or those who are getting offended by salts when they say they are getting “called away”!

On 4/2/2018 at 8:53 PM, getupandkill said:

***I wasn't entirely sure where to ask this, and figured it didn't require it's own thread. So, sorry in advance***

Since dedicated servers are still a ways out, is there any way at all that the host could be given the power to kick players from a match?  Or maybe a "vote to kick" system similar to Red Dead Redemption Online (maybe a dated reference, sorry?)   I understand that this could be abused, but the trolls (Jason teamers, car kills, hoarding/hiding essential items, ect) is getting out of control.  Although I STRONGLY agree with the salt mine concept, I fell a lot of this stuff will fall though the cracks and go un reported.  People keep saying players are going to stop playing due to bugs/glitches, but to be honest, it's these fuckwads that's going to run more people away.  As stated above, I KNOW this will be abused from time to time, but I'm confident it would be for the greater good.  Thanks.

The other issue is that these “fuckwads” also join a game, but they just sit idol in the game to get free XP and they don’t play. Their character just stands there the whole match, time and time again. Booting players in public match would be good. They also should add the option to turn team killing off in private matches. 

1 hour ago, kepps-66 said:

Wasn’t talking about your stance, or your “feelings”. I think your right on. I actually “quoted” the wrong post previously. I was aiming my post at the “idiotic attitudes” or those who are getting offended by salts when they say they are getting “called away”! 

Cool. So we don't have to be idiots together. 

Yeah, your post threw me off, but I get a lot of folks who aggressively disagree with me here on the forums. 

First off this is some straight bullshit. While this is kind of good in theory it doesn't address the real issue. I only quit when people coming to my match and are purposely working together and ratting out where other counselors are running around Jason thinking it's funny so I quit the match so they can't get my kill or any other kills. why should I be punished for that? 

How about you guys work together with Xbox Live and Microsoft and hold them accountable I've reported so many players for cheating and Microsoft does nothing. Yet when i called one player a cheating bitch in a message, that was enough to get me suspended. Lol 

So yeah I hope this salt mine shit doesn't happen cuz that's some BS

Everybody, the salt mine isn't happening. It's been called off.

Some guy with one post doesn't like the concept, and his criticism of it was enough to shelve it. It's some BS and he only screws over the other players when he feels justified. Go back to your regularly scheduled gaming where hosts drop midgame and nobody wants to do anything about it. 

Thank you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

Some guy with one post doesn't like the concept, and his criticism of it was enough to shelve it. It's some BS and he only screws over the other players when he feels justified. Go back to your regularly scheduled gaming where hosts drop midgame and nobody wants to do anything about it. 

Thank you. 

I've been dreading this day.

His argument is just too strong and has never been said before. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, thrawn3054 said:

It's at best a flawed system that will ultimately solve nothing. 

Explain.

A system that punishes people for their internet failing or the game crashing (which happens alot) is a flawed system. It won't change anything because people will just suicide and leave. Also it won't be long before the points system is figured out and people will game the system to ride the edge without landing in the salt mines.

54 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

A system that punishes people for their internet failing or the game crashing (which happens alot) is a flawed system. It won't change anything because people will just suicide and leave. Also it won't be long before the points system is figured out and people will game the system to ride the edge without landing in the salt mines.

If your internet is failing often enough to land in the "salt mines" then you deserve to be there for wasting everyone's time.

It may do nothing about people suiciding but if they have to stay in the game to suicide, that gives the Jason player a chance to kill them before they do.

Yes, people will figure out how to get around  the system but not everyone will, and definitely not the majority. It's not a perfect system but it's better than nothing. Instead of pissing and moaning, why not suggest something that you think could help. What system would you put in place? I want to know what this perfect system is. :) 

The game itself fails far more then my internet, but please by all means lack any and all sympathy for people who's internet drops on them. How dare they try to play it without perfect internet. And I'm not pissing and moaning, I'm stating my opinion of the system. There's a difference. 

6 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

The game itself fails far more then my internet, but please by all means lack any and all sympathy for people who's internet drops on them. How dare they try to play it without perfect internet. And I'm not pissing and moaning, I'm stating my opinion of the system. There's a difference. 

It's not about perfect internet. It's about playing a majority. If your internet poops out half the time, there is an issue. However I'm doubtful that most players are sitting through a game that cuts out midway through every other game. Even if that happens it's a small corner case. Most of the people leaving are doing it because they die (which is a problem for those not mature enough to host) or because they don't want to let Jason get the kill in. So the mines will work as intended a majority of the time. 

Generally, the idea is ok (in theory). The problem will be with the map of Pinehurst, a lot of people when they see this map - they leave the match, I also went out often.
Now, when the Salt Mine appears, we will be doomed to lose, because I have seen few matches in which someone survived / escaped.
Anyway, the team can check the server data itself, how many percent of Pinehurst games it is, all or 99% of the characters die.

What about the suicide issue?

Anyway, I still think that new content is needed, new ways to escape, new scenarios for killing Jason, new weapons.

I have 150 lvl and I have nothing to unlock, no motivation. Although, any weekly or monthly reward tasks, anyone who already has 150 lvl could still try... :sadchappa:

15 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

Thank you. 

Calm down little man no need to get your panties in a ruffle lol. This is how Society works someone sees an issue and decides to join in and support or the negate the issue. Oh no I only have one post Ono my opinion should be invalid. And you're right I should totally sit there and let people cheat huh and rack up points let me guess you're one of the people that does this. Anyways enjoy your 1000 and something post life cuz I will be going to the gym right now and getting swole. Loser. By the way since you're keeping count it's two now buddy lol

1 hour ago, Burrito707 said:

Calm down little man no need to get your panties in a ruffle lol. 

What I do with my panties is none of your concern, good sir. 

This is how Society works someone sees an issue and decides to join in and support or the negate the issue. 

Before your tirade on how society works, brush up on how sarcasm works. 

Oh no I only have one post Ono my opinion should be invalid. 

See above. But I always do find it comical when an FNG comes in and throws weight around like their opinion is profound and has never been noted until they came and enlightened us plebs. 

And you're right I should totally sit there and let people cheat huh and rack up points let me guess you're one of the people that does this. 

No. But if you do something that breaks the rules, you can also expect to deal with the consequences. If you are hosting cheaters on the regular, you just have the worst luck. Maybe if you don't host, you can leave and not have as much accrual of salt. Just an idea.

As far as my playstyle it's not pertinent. But if you want to get to know me better, I like long walks along the beach (to pick up pocketknives and fuses), cuddling next to the fire (not in the fire, in case you're Jason.), and long car rides. (away from camp, and to safety.) 

Anyways enjoy your 1000 and something post life cuz I will be going to the gym right now and getting swole. Loser. 

It's 2000+ post life. Maybe you should skip the gym and hit a math class? But I'm at a loss. Who says if I hit the gym or not? Also you're on the same forum, concerning the same fictional killer, so you're as much a loser as me? Gotta love the mental gymnastics you have going on. 

By the way since you're keeping count it's two now buddy lol

Indeed it is. I hope you stick around guy. I like you. You're amusing. (and I'm being serious. Stick around. We're a bunch of opinionated assholes here, but we'll grow on you.)  With that, It's been a blast, but I'm off. It's not leg day and I'm done kicking ass. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Burrito707 said:

Loser

29 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

loser

Image result for beck loser gif

1 hour ago, Risinggrave said:

What I do with my panties is none of your concern, good sir. 

Before your tirade on how society works, brush up on how sarcasm works. 

See above. But I always do find it comical when an FNG comes in and throws weight around like their opinion is profound and has never been noted until they came and enlightened us plebs. 

No. But if you do something that breaks the rules, you can also expect to deal with the consequences. If you are hosting cheaters on the regular, you just have the worst luck. Maybe if you don't host, you can leave and not have as much accrual of salt. Just an idea.

As far as my playstyle it's not pertinent. But if you want to get to know me better, I like long walks along the beach (to pick up pocketknives and fuses), cuddling next to the fire (not in the fire, in case you're Jason.), and long car rides. (away from camp, and to safety.) 

It's 2000+ post life. Maybe you should skip the gym and hit a math class? But I'm at a loss. Who says if I hit the gym or not? Also you're on the same forum, concerning the same fictional killer, so you're as much a loser as me? Gotta love the mental gymnastics you have going on. 

Indeed it is. I hope you stick around guy. I like you. You're amusing. (and I'm being serious. Stick around. We're a bunch of opinionated assholes here, but we'll grow on you.)  With that, It's been a blast, but I'm off. It's not leg day and I'm done kicking ass. 

LMAO...... I should have adhered to the sign...... DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS.

15 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

You're right- I have zero sympathy for people with shitty internet.

If your connection can't handle playing a multiplayer game- what are you doing playing a multiplayer game? I can guarantee you that no one at Gun or Illphonic, or Microsoft or Sony, ever said that they need to cater to people with a shitty internet connection. If your connection is so bad that you're in the salt mines because of it- again, you deserve it for wasting everybody's time (including your own).

Your "think of the little people" argument is a load. Your real concern is that you are doing something to land you in the "salt mines" and you're trying to find an angle to attack it from without revealing that you're part of the problem.

• Like 2

I believe the salt mines are about as real as banning people, Paranoia, Savini actually designing that Jason, and dedicated servers. And because of that, I wouldn't be too bothered. There will still be teamers, verbally abusive people, and glitchers to ruin your matches. All is full of love. 

• Like 2