ShiftySamurai

Welcome to the Salt Mines

2 hours ago, gyaaft said:

13 pages of salty tears. Why is everybody so concerned about this? They are trying to design a system to deal with toxic players. If you are not a toxic player, you don't have anything to worry about. Leave Shifty alone. Enough of the "What if lightning strikes my Xbox?" questions.

Right now the system is designed to deal with host quitting. Perhaps it can be adjusted to deal with other toxic players in the future. Let them get it online and tested so they can make the appropriate changes first. The current firestorm over this is unnecessary. 

what good is a system  with a loophole where idling or suiciding asap from "i am not jason" leavers will happen? They are a big part of the leavers.

and this loophole was discussed here and on steam already in several topics over the time. i can´t believe they don´t even have an answer to that wich leads me to the conclusion that they just didn´t think or care about it. both rookie mistakes.

no solution for this means a less lot people coming back. cba to come back to another form of leaving.

On 3/22/2018 at 11:49 PM, TimDuke 01 said:

How can you tell if someone left on purpose or their internet or computer took a dump? 

If you are disconnecting so much that you are worried about earning enough currency to go to the salt mines then you have other things to worry about. Like... getting a better internet connection. 

19 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

what good is a system  with a loophole where idling or suiciding asap from "i am not jason" leavers will happen? They are a big part of the leavers.

and this loophole was discussed here and on steam already in several topics over the time. i can´t believe they don´t even have an answer to that wich leads me to the conclusion that they just didn´t think or care about it. both rookie mistakes.

no solution for this means a less lot people coming back. cba to come back to another form of leaving.

I don't even know what you are trying to say. What?

@piercev3 maybe read more than just my last post?

There is no solution for people who leave at match start because they aren´t Jason. With the saltminse they will just idle until autokick or suicide asap instead of leaving. Same result as before just different methods. Also fks up the match. No reason to come back to the game until this is solved properly,

43 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@piercev3 maybe read more than just my last post?

There is no solution for people who leave at match start because they aren´t Jason. With the saltminse they will just idle until autokick or suicide asap instead of leaving. Same result as before just different methods. Also fks up the match. No reason to come back to the game until this is solved properly,

eh? If people disconnect at the start of the match when they aren't Jason, don't they get salt points? That was my impression anyway.

It would help if you were more clear in your posts. ;-)

14 minutes ago, piercev3 said:

eh? If people disconnect at the start of the match when they aren't Jason, don't they get salt points? That was my impression anyway.

It would help if you were more clear in your posts. ;-)

Disconnedcting. yeah. do you even read my posts? They will idle instead and this gets you kicked out of the match after 2mins. Or suicide. I already said that. Idling or suiciding is not the same thing as leaving/disconnecting.  And i can´t find anything that says that idlind or suicding will give salt if done right at matchstart.

Hey everyone,

Ive read an article tonite...saying hosts that leave, jasons that leave, and players that randomly drop out of games are gonna be handed salt or droped into salt mines?!? 

I rarely host myself and never leave (500 hundred points is 500points for completing a game aha) 

What does everyone think about this? Also is this going to be rolled out after they fix the hosting bug's? 

My firends who usally host our matches, literally get a hosting error twice a night ,or players de-sync in parties, which means we all have restart our apps and reload the game, will the game know its their end that has crashed and not us just leaving?

Happy hunting :)

1 minute ago, Doyle_1989 said:

will the game know its their end that has crashed and not us just leaving?

I BELIVE that Gun said it will detect if the game crashes, if I recall. But I'm not quite sure...

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Disconnedcting. yeah. do you even read my posts? They will idle instead. Or suicide. I already said that. Idling or suiciding is not the same thing as leaving/disconnecting.  And i can´t find anything that says that idlind or suicding will give salt if done right at matchstart.

why are you assuming they will go idle(which would count as a disconnect and earn salt) or go suicide? And if they do? So what? I feel like you are making an issue out of something that isn't an issue.

@piercev3

dude. serisously? can´t you see that leaving right at matchstart and idling or suiciding both ruin the match in the same way? Nothing changes here. If you don´t care about people idling/suiciding right at matchstart then "i am not jason" leavers also don´t bother you? i mean its the same, one or often enough 2 players less for the counselor team. Again, this results in the same as leaving at start for the rest of the players left in the match...

and i know they will do this because there are people who stated that if a leaver penalty ever comes that they will just suicide or idle instead. also it´s an obvious loophole, how can one not see that when creating a penalty system for leavers is beyond me.

3 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@piercev3

dude. serisously? can´t you see that leaving right at matchstart and idling or suiciding both ruin the match in the same way? Nothing changes here. If you don´t care about people idling/suiciding right at matchstart then "i am not jason" leavers also don´t bother you? i mean its the same, one or often enough 2 players less for the counselor team. Again, this results in the same as leaving at start for the rest of the players left in the match...

Wow, dude... um... take a xanax. How is it any different going idle, and disconnecting thus earning salt, than leaving after the match starts. They will eventually move to the salt mine. And if they commit suicide, there is still a chance Jason can catch them before they do. You can't insta kill yourself.  And of course, ALL of this assumes that they will do what you say, which I am not convinced they will. Why are you crying over milk that hasn't even spilled yet? I mean, seriously. Chill

you assume this. but i don´t see idling or suiciding anywhere mentioned by anyone from gun/illfonic. Also i already asked  two times in this topic. ShiftySamurai answered meanwhile but he ignored the question about it. twice. now try again.

saltmines are like everything else in this game: half hearted. what a shame that such a great franchise got raped so hard.

Just now, pApA^LeGBa said:

you assume this. but i don´t see idling or suiciding anywhere mentioned by anyone from gun/illfonic. Also i already asked  two times in this topic. ShiftySamurai answered meanwhile but he ignored the question about it. twice. now try again.

They mention disconnect. If you go idle, you will disconnect. A disconnect earns you salt.

He is probably ignoring you, like I should, because you are saying the same thing over and over, regardless of what anyone replies to you.

You have it stuck in your head that 

A - Jason wannabe players who don't get Jason will go idle or kill themselves, and

B - that going idle and disconnecting won't earn salt.

You are making wild assumptions about the player bases' actions in a scenario that hasn't even occurred yet... THEN... this is the best part, you accuse ME of assuming something. LOL! Your entire thread is based off of an assumption.

Seriously... Xanax... look into it

What about players who intentionally run people over with the car? How do we report that and what sort of punishment will they face?

34 minutes ago, piercev3 said:

They mention disconnect. If you go idle, you will disconnect. A disconnect earns you salt.

He is probably ignoring you, like I should, because you are saying the same thing over and over, regardless of what anyone replies to you.

You have it stuck in your head that 

A - Jason wannabe players who don't get Jason will go idle or kill themselves, and

B - that going idle and disconnecting won't earn salt.

You are making wild assumptions about the player bases' actions in a scenario that hasn't even occurred yet... THEN... this is the best part, you accuse ME of assuming something. LOL! Your entire thread is based off of an assumption.

Seriously... Xanax... look into it

again show me a post from gun/illfonic mentiong that idling/suiciding will earn salt. And if it will why does he answer one of my questions but dodges the question about idling/suiciding from the same post?  A simple "idling/suiciding will earn salt if done at matchstart" would have been enough if he is already answering to the other question in my post...

They either forgot it or don´t care.

I think players whose questions have already been answered in this thread but ask over and over because they refuse to read, should earn salt. A lot of salt. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, YourMom69 said:

If you leave the lobby as a host will you gain salt?

Yes. That's on Shifty's list of actions that will garner salt which is on the FIRST post of this thread.

On 3/23/2018 at 1:03 PM, ikarikh said:

And rage quitting mid-kill to deny him isn't about YOUR ego?

No. It's people wanting to jump into another game, and not waste time. Get over it.

It's not "rage quitting". It's literally just leaving a game they have no reason to stay in.

2 hours ago, YourMom69 said:

If you leave the lobby as a host will you gain salt?

14 minutes ago, hu_soldier13 said:

Yes. That's on Shifty's list of actions that will garner salt which is on the FIRST post of this thread.

Leaving the Lobby should be fine and earn no salt, leaving the match is what will earn you salt. 

On 3/23/2018 at 6:39 PM, pApA^LeGBa said:

@Sogreth Now you start defending the leavers here also? lol. And all because of a few seconds? Like 20sec max? i do not believe that you make such a fuss everytime a leaver punishment is discussed because you have to wait until the kill is over. 99.9% sure it has other reasons. If not you have a big problem with your nonexisting patience. And experience CAN be denied when leaving during animation. i had that happen already.

(Talking about steam forums, he shows hatred to everyone suggesting even mild consequences for leavers in many threads there. No matter wich method is suggested. And all only because he wants to leave as fast as possible when getting killed in a game. Lol sure)

How about you keep the Steam forum drama in the Steam forums, and focus on what's happening here, yeah? Awesome, thanks.

But yes, I will defend them. Maybe most of them have seen the Head Punch kill 1 million times, and don't want to even bother seeing it again. So they leave.

Also, on your comment on suicide. Nothing is going to change, because that would be stupid. They would have to change the game so traps and windows don't hurt Counselors. And while they are at it, may as well make them immune to car damage too!

This can't be implemented soon enough, I've had 5 matches today as Jason and the host quit after being killed.

There shouldn't be any shortage of people to play with in the mines.