ShiftySamurai

Welcome to the Salt Mines

This topic causes Hypertension

n-HYPERTENSION-628x314.jpg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JackTV said:

If you routinely quit in the middle of games, that’s what it looks like. But as you’ll see throughout the thread, there are specific timeframes throughout a match that determine whether or not you’ll earn salt. Cautiously optimistic here, but it seems to me like the idea was well-thought out. 

I certainly hope so. Because it IS a problem. But there are also times that I would rather leave than play a match with some of these toxic players. 

On 3/22/2018 at 7:12 PM, hu_soldier13 said:

Dedicated servers will fix that issue but they aren't coming with the engine upgrade

But they said that they HAD to have dedicated to run the new engine?   So how can they update to the new engine if we don't have dedicated servers?

Here's something I think we really all want to know: will the next update finally let us leave games after dying and still let us collect XP without having to sit through the whole game?

4 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

If a Jason player is just wasting everyone’s time (like hiding in the water, etc) then it makes it very easy to escape, and then leave the game. 

Ya ok...A: well assuming Jason doesn't make it trouble-some for you when you're actually about to escape.
B: The other players aren't holding the fuse and/or keys and the only other way is a boat IF there's a boat and IF jason then doesnt come after you and sinks you anyways.
C: The whole fact that your right to leave when YOU FUCKING WANT TO now doesn't exist, but now you have to spend time and get an escape going assuming the other players in the match are game to do so, yet will still probably bitch if you escape alone because you're fed up and have had enough and just want to go about your day.
Yes I know you can suicide but going back to "C" on that.
This whole idea is 100% garbage. It appeals ONLY to basically console players and thats before dedicated servers come out so that makes me think dedicated servers are heavily delayed again for them which for me, a PC player, doesn't matter but says much about the game. Really no one who's 150 or anyone who has all badges or anyone who wants to play as jason wants this, or should want it I should say.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sugoiboi said:

Here's something I think we really all want to know: will the next update finally let us leave games after dying and still let us collect XP without having to sit through the whole game?

It's already working. You do not need to stay after you die to get your exp. Test it out.

3 minutes ago, gyaaft said:

It's already working. You do not need to stay after you die to get your exp. Test it out.

oh shit for real? thats fuckin' dope!

14 minutes ago, gyaaft said:

What??? Since when???? 

1 hour ago, Warfunk said:

But they said that they HAD to have dedicated to run the new engine?   So how can they update to the new engine if we don't have dedicated servers?

You have it backwards. They have to do the engine upgrade before they can do dedicated servers.

I really think that suiciding should earn players some salt. Maybe the same amount as leaving mid-kill, but not as much as leaving as host. 

I know it can happen by accident on occasion, but the odd case of that happening would not be enough to have any impact on players who occasionally suicide by mistake. Those who do it unintentionally yet frequently enough to build up a significant amount of salt should really be more careful. 

People already suicide when they’re getting outplayed and can’t handle the ego injury of losing in a video game. They’ll do it more than ever if there’s no penalty for it. 

Personally I’d find it more annoying if some shithead suicided to rob me of a kill than left during said kill. As much as either course of action is incredibly childish and petty, at least when they ragequit I still get the kill credit. 

2 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

This is actually a fairly good point, though I'm not bothered by it terribly. I could see in-game suicides spiking.

That’s and “Jason kill me please” type giving up to go to the next game.

3 minutes ago, FART_SMUCKER said:

That’s and “Jason kill me please” type giving up to go to the next game.

I'd happily mercy kill... 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Warfunk said:

right statement wrong order they need engine upgrade for servers to be possible 

you know what is annoying ?

when you playing counsellor,  some counsellor is jason friends.

they try help jason to kill you

:mellow:

and some player always use bugs to win..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FART_SMUCKER said:

Ya ok...A: well assuming Jason doesn't make it trouble-some for you when you're actually about to escape.
B: The other players aren't holding the fuse and/or keys and the only other way is a boat IF there's a boat and IF jason then doesnt come after you and sinks you anyways.
C: The whole fact that your right to leave when YOU FUCKING WANT TO now doesn't exist, but now you have to spend time and get an escape going assuming the other players in the match are game to do so, yet will still probably bitch if you escape alone because you're fed up and have had enough and just want to go about your day.
This whole idea is 100% garbage. It appeals ONLY to basically console players and thats before dedicated servers come out so that makes me think dedicated servers are heavily delayed again for them which for me, a PC player, doesn't matter but says much about the game. Really no one who's 150 or anyone who has all badges or anyone who wants to play as jason wants this, or should want it I should say.

Enjoy the mines. Based on your posting, you are EXACTLY the type of player they were created for.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, FART_SMUCKER said:

One of the Workers of the salt mines right here!

Image result for salt

On 3/23/2018 at 9:43 AM, BrokenFattHardy said:

Reading thru these 6 pages I've come to one conclusion..........

There ain't a damn thing this Dev Team can do that will please most of you.

A good portion of you wanna bitch and moan about players rage quitting or leaving matches early but as soon as they announce a system to help with these issues what happens? Y'all don't even wanna give the system a chance to see how it works or if it will help. You just wanna bitch and moan about a solution we haven't even got to see in action. It makes me wonder how many of you ARE what you complain about.

As human beings we ALL have a way of justifying our own actions, even if/when those actions are the same as the actions of others we feel are doing wrong. "I think rage quitters should be punished..........but I'm not a rage quitter just because I leave a match immediately after (during) being killed. I'm just impatient and wanna move on to the next game. I shouldn't be punished."

Fact is........... We ALL know how this game works. "You start, you play, you finish." That could mean you finish early by escaping........or you finish early by dying. It could mean you finish late, but what it shouldn't mean is "I finish whenever the fuck I want because I can just leave." The "human condition" is what makes this game such a pain in the ass. As long as you have to play with other human beings, you're gonna have to learn to deal with shitbag people. 

Will the "Salt Mines" help? I don't know. What I do know is this......... They MIGHT and I won't know unless I give it a chance. I also know that any system they put in place will NEVER cure the "human condition" and there is only one real solution for those people that want a multiplayer game that doesn't come with a bag full of assholes and here it is...........

"Quit playing online multiplayer games or get used to dealing with assholes."

Just gonna quote myself so y'all know my position is still the same even though it's now 11 pages instead of 6. This shit is getting ridiculous, btw.

If the "rules" posted above regarding salt are legit, it seems okay. When I have to leave a game anyway I try and find Jason first and let him have a free kill so he doesn't miss out.  :)

1 hour ago, The Gloved One said:

One of the Workers of the salt mines right here!

Image result for salt

However you wish to ignore the fact that I'm right I suppose...

3 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

I'd happily mercy kill... 

I'll remember that next time I'm watching Jason takes Manhattan. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FART_SMUCKER said:

However you wish to ignore the fact that I'm right I suppose...

I suppose you wish to ignore Shifty stating that all things will be clarified and the salt point system .Your wrong on part c because you can still leave the match after you are dead you will just accumulate your ONE salt point as deserved .By the way ,you type like  YOU are salty .:ajsaltbae:

Edit:I suppose I made someone Laugh I only wonder who that is ...

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, The Gloved One said:

I suppose you wish to ignore Shifty stating that all things will be clarified and the salt point system .Your wrong on part c because you can still leave the match after you are dead you will just accumulate your ONE salt point as deserved .By the way ,you type like  YOU are salty .:ajsaltbae:

Your grammar isn't even ok enough to respond to. Bye.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, FART_SMUCKER said:

Your grammar isn't even ok enough to respond to. Bye.

Grammar Excuse with someone by the name of FART_Smucker Okay...

Image result for alrighty then meme

On Topic ,this is a great addition and will probably not cause as much problems as people are complaining about.

• Haha 1

I imagine it'll take more than 1 quit as a non-host counselor to end up in salt mine purgatory.

Otherwise, it would seem strange to allow the option for "leave match" in the menu if you're only going to be penalized for using it anyway.