2 minutes ago, The Gloved One said:

I think what @ShiftySamurai is saying is that they will accumulate over time if said actions are done repeatedly .

That isn’t mentioned nor even implied. 

This is a good idea for consoles, so long as you don't get salt for leaving after you are killed. But the PC version is basically dead, there are a little more than 550 playing right now and it isn't even late. Will probably just make it impossible to find a match.

58 minutes ago, Sogreth said:

No. It's an ago boost for Jason to have the other player be forced to watch the kill.

Fix the ragdoll. Everyone wins. Jason gets his EXP and gets to watch his kill. The other players get to "be salty", and they get to start a new match sooner.

The same could be fixed on Jason's end too. If he leaves during his kill, the animation still finishes. TA DAA!

I'm a lurker and have lurked since Beta, but I had to comment on this thread. This update is going to be huge in terms of bringing back older players (myself included). But I had to quote this right here. Seems to me as Sogreth will be one of the first players to enter the Salt Mines. Enjoy playing with other Salty players!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Folks ,Lets not overreact yet ,Shifty said not all details are done yet .I don't get why some you on here act like its the end of the world in some circumstances to sit and wait 15 minutes .You could get on your phone during down time and wait to  see if you become Jarvis. If not still WAIT as you will still earn your points .This is why some are still in the low levels after playing a certain amount of months .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

This is a good idea for consoles, so long as you don't get salt for leaving after you are killed. But the PC version is basically dead, there are a little more than 550 playing right now and it isn't even late. Will probably just make it impossible to find a match.

This.

I can understand the complaints about the console version, but we (PC players) don't have to deal with "host problems". Sometimes, after the intro, I get stuck and I can only see the map. There's no way to fix this, I always need to quit the match and try to join a new one (my PC works pretty fine, so don't blame it, thank you very much)

Which REALLY annoys me is the thing about being forced to watch other players. Sometimes I can manage to fix the boat and  escape during the first 5 minutes of the match. And then I want to play again, so I just leave the match and that's all. Now Devs are trying to call me salty because of this. LOL 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kitcat said:

This.

I can understand the complaints about the console version, but we (PC players) don't have to deal with "host problems". Sometimes, after the intro, I get stuck and I can only see the map. There's no way to fix this, I always need to quit the match and try to join a new one (my PC works pretty find, so don't blame it, thank you very much)

Which REALLY annoys me is the thing about being forced to watch other players. Sometimes I can manage to fix the boat and  escape during the first 5 minutes of the match. And then I want to play again, so I just leave the match and that's all. Now Devs are trying to call me salty because of this. LOL 

I've heard of that bug a lot but I've never experienced it.

The hyperbole in some of these comments makes me LOL.

4 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

I've heard of that bug a lot but I've never experienced it.

Some people say it's related to memory (RAM), but I have 12GB and the game only needs 4GB, so... 

Hi, this is my 1st post here. Newbie😊 I wonder if S-player joins as a member of non S-player' s group, where this group assign to? Salty mine or not?

First up, I love playing this game....

Second... Let's get down to brass tacks here...

I've been playing this game for quite some time now, and to be frank (no pun intended..), this is a terrible idea to implement into the game for these reasons.

1.  This game is still very much broken, I enjoy it, I'm not bashing it, but lets face it, it crashes, a lot, I hope you have a some sort of recognition code for this event alone in this 'Salt' scheme

2.  This is going to enhance people trolling to the nth degree because they're going to be even more toxic than they were before now that they realize that if somebody quits because they are being a garbage human in game or on mic (sexism, racism, hardcore anti sementics, bullying, mic spamming loud noises to clear out lobbies a.k.a. 'YES, I KNOW HOW MUTE WORKS, I USE IT OFTEN BECAUSE OF THIS'), trolling counselors that stun lock and animation exploit / environment exploit are going to use this to ruin the game for Jason that are actually trying to play the game and have fun, the outcome, the Jason is stripped of any entertainment / fun value of the game and quits,  'Salt' acquired.

3.   Jasons that are equivalent to that of the people I've mentioned in column '2', are going to use it to troll counselors into quitting matches to obtain 'Salt'.

4.  As I've listed in column '2' and '3', I do in fact know how to report toxic players (on Steam and as well as Jasonkillsbugs), as a video content creator, there is not a day that goes by where I don't report at least a dozen people for being completely garbage human beings to complete and total strangers in this game, reporting does not work, I've sent footage of hackers, people being incredibly abrasive and toxic on mic as well as physically typing racist remarks and sexism (I had some a**hole come into a lobby one night on this game and ask everyone in the lobby if we wanted to help him shoot up a school, what even in the f***!), condensed, reporting does not work, and these people are not being handled by Valve nor Gun Media / Illfonic, attack me all you want for it, it's NOT happening.

5.  FIX THIS GAME FIRST, stop trying to modify pieces of it at a time, I get that every time you guys release a patch or an update, surely more people buy this product (it's damn near a marketing tactic, and I get it and can respect it), but I see a lot of favoring towards new players that don't know how to play this title versus people who have been level 150 for quite some time now and are essentially being nerfed by all of these changes to the game system (I agree the pocket knives were bs, and I'm glad the amount of them was lowered, a lot of people that I've played with in the past used these 'start the match not even 3 minutes in with three of em', and I think that was insanely OP and illogical.

6.  Clearly, you all must have at least taken in to consideration at some point during the development of this new 'system' and realized that people exploit the hell out of this game as it sits and you're literally just handing over a new method of it to the toxic side of this community, if you aren't privy to it, you are now.

7. Back to column '5', concentrate on finishing this games code and in all honesty, devise a better and actual working ANTI-CHEAT SYSTEM.

Regards.

Drebin.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Blackjac said:

I'm a lurker and have lurked since Beta, but I had to comment on this thread. This update is going to be huge in terms of bringing back older players (myself included). But I had to quote this right here. Seems to me as Sogreth will be one of the first players to enter the Salt Mines. Enjoy playing with other Salty players!!

Get over yourself.

This is the type of "update" that should have come loooong ago. Not after Jason already gets credit for kills. This is not going to bring back the players that you think it is. Leavers aren't that much of an issue anymore. But I guess since you've been gone, you wouldn't know that.

Ever since the updates for Jason to get credit for kills, and being able to queue as ONLY Counselor, there have been a LOT less leavers. The only leavers now, are ones that try to avoid trolls and teamers. And of course, people who are forced to leave because of crashes/bugs.

• Like 1

@ShiftySamurai What about those who suffer from the CE-34878-0 Error Code error on Playstation 4 like myself? I don't choose to "Quit" by any means but that's the system itself. :(

It's upsetting when I'm Jason about to get the last kill or two and it gives me the "Error Code ce-34878-0."

2 minutes ago, LT Frank Drebin said:

First up, I love playing this game....

Second... Let's get down to brass tacks here...

<snip>

Regards.

Drebin.

Lieutenant, you're here!

What do you make of this?

2015-08-11_13-16-26_wildlife_mounts_beav

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

i think this is a console only thing being pc has dedicated servers already 

2 minutes ago, pioneer67fkd said:

i think this is a console only thing being pc has dedicated servers already 

Leaving is still an issue even without dedicated servers. Only the host part doesn't matter.

1 minute ago, MichaelMemers said:

Leaving is still an issue even without dedicated servers. Only the host part doesn't matter.

the whole idea is for peer to peer connection if i read it right 

A lot of questions:

What does an "early" of the "Leave a match early, like a jerk" mean?

Regarding earning salt, you showed us the 4 methods. They are all equally weighted?

When I am a host who plays as Jason and I leave early, can I earn salt more than when a counselor just leaves a match early?

Will I be able to see the quantity of my earned salt?

Could you tell us how to let our salt go away?

Sometimes when we play as Jason, we get an unanticipated glitch and it goes hard to continue to play. For example, when I as Jason sought a counselor under a bed and tried to kill them, Jason suddenly moved above a bed. After that, I could not let the Jason move at all by any buttons. The counselor could not move as well.
In such cases, we better wait for the game ending? or Jason has to earn salt by leaving the match?

When are you planning to upgrade the engine

"If you constantly quit, you'll be matched with others who do the same." But are they going to actual salt mines ?

1 hour ago, kitcat said:

I know, right? Worst idea ever. What the fuck are they thinking??? 

Kitcat, are you familiar with the 'post with intent' rule? What is your intent with this message exactly, except distastefully putting your opinion across?

If you want to post then post with some etiquette. You don't need to go overboard with it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

Kitcat, are you familiar with the 'post with intent' rule? What is your intent with this message exactly, except distastefully putting your opinion across?

If you want to post then post with some etiquette. You don't need to go overboard with it.

Shifty used the word "jerk" a lot of times and that's okay. All the people on this forum use "bad words" all the time and I'm the person who needs some etiquette. Do you have a problem with me or something like that? Just asking.

Thank you so much for this! This has been a burning issue for a long while now, so I applaud you for doing this! I love the idea of it, a prison for trolls and rage quitters, something this game has been in desperate need of for so long. Again, well done guys, keep up the great work!

1 minute ago, kitcat said:

Shifty used the word "jerk" a lot of times and that's okay. All the people on this forum use "bad words" all the time and I'm the person who need some etiquette. Do you have a problem with me or something like that? Just asking.

Everyone gets treated the same way, just don't go overboard with how you put your opinion across. If you're unhappy you can say 'I don't like this change', rather than 'worst idea ever, what the fuck are they thinking?'.

Also, Shifty is a Gun employee and this is Gun and IllFonic's forum.

1 minute ago, Kodiak said:

Everyone gets treated the same way, just don't go overboard with how you put your opinion across. If you're unhappy you can say 'I don't like this change', rather than 'worst idea ever, what the fuck are they thinking?'.

Also, Shifty is a Gun employee and this is Gun and IllFonic's forum.

And they shoudn't call their customers by "jerks", but oh well... That's okay, then :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1