3 minutes ago, FlameRiderSD said:

@ShiftySamurai Please make it so that it doesnt make you salty when you leave the first time since that could be a mistake or emergency, Also add a system where we can explain why we left

According to the twitter replies I've seen, quitting one match won't be enough to make you salty. So you don't need to worry about exceptional circumstances.

• Like 1

How can you tell if someone left on purpose or their internet or computer took a dump? 

1 minute ago, TimDuke 01 said:

How can you tell if someone left on purpose or their internet or computer took a dump? 

A once in a while connection issue won't put you in the mines.

@ShiftySamurai Will leaving after you have either escaped or were killed, and have no chance at being Tommy, count towards salt?

A lot of people do this, most people actually. Unless they're in a party, almost no one stays til the end.

• Like 1

Can we leave early if we are dead and not chosen to be Tommy? Lot of people wondering this especially if you get killed fairly early and don't want to stay and watch.

• Like 2

Why is leaving the match early such a big problem? The matches are long and it’s understandable that people don’t want to wait 15+ minutes to play the next match. Pretty unfair to those people, to be honest. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Just now, The Gloved One said:

This will bring trolling down a little bit 

I don't think so. If anything, this will increase trolling.

Trolls now know that you are forced to play with them, unless you want to end up in the mines.

This is supposed to be a "fix" for leavers, which leavers aren't even that big of a deal anymore. This was the type of thing that should have come months ago, closer to release.

• Like 1

Out of curiosity, how do you account for people whose connection fails (which happens often with your current servers) or whose system crashes?

Love the idea, just hope it doesn't end up hurting people who don't deserve it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Witchcunt said:

Why is leaving the match early such a big problem?

It's not, really. It's most likely the only troll behavior that they can reliably deal with. 

I'll just paste my reddit posts because I'm lazy.
Ok well...I need no badges, I've been 150 since New Years and have 300k CP only after spending almost 200k a few weeks ago. Playing as not Jason isn't fun because people either hack, troll, are loud assholes/mic spam/racist whatever or are bad at the game to make it hard for YOU in fact to play the game well. I love being jason as that fun/rush will never go away with 850 hours in the game its just as fun. So....I'm going to be penalized because I dont want to play a way that isn't fun? Is there every going to be a way to where lobbies are open and those who want to only be jason can join and then ONLY camper spawn preference players can enter? Granted that would probably take hours to fill a lobby but you get my question. And no offline mode doesn't cut it, not even close to say the least.

Mouthy arrogant kid jason is near you "im gonna kill you bitch, can't run no fag, fuck you bro what now huh? you want salt? go ahead and leave" I can see this coming a fucking mile away.

And when people are teaming/hacking/exploit using/clowning around and dancing and obviously not going to do anything? I'm just supposed to give them the satisfaction of maybe getting killed and wasting my time?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Witchcunt said:

Why is leaving the match early such a big problem? The matches are long and it’s understandable that people don’t want to wait 15+ minutes to play the next match. Pretty unfair to those people, to be honest. 

They're talking about when the host drops the game and cancels it for everyone still playing. That's just a douche move.  If you're going to need to leave because you died early, don't accept being lobby host.

Probably a good idea, but get ready Xbox One users, with all the dashboarding and disconnects, you'll be in the salt mine to play with di#% players through no fault of your own in no time. Not to mention blood in the game is still white and purple, and there are no rain maps for you. How much did you pay to kick-start this game again?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

It's not, really. It's most likely the only troll behavior that they can reliably deal with. 

A quick search for "Host Left" or "Host Quit" will show you that it's certainly an issue.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sogreth said:

I don't think so. If anything, this will increase trolling.

Trolls now know that you are forced to play with them, unless you want to end up in the mines.

This is supposed to be a "fix" for leavers, which leavers aren't even that big of a deal anymore. This was the type of thing that should have come months ago, closer to release.

Trolling (although still here ) has been decreasing overtime with the devs cracking down on exploits and cheats.Most trolling in my experience has Dramatically went down over the months .

53 minutes ago, 2moar said:

host quitting shouldn't be an issue going forward right guys? right? :unsure:

Hopefully, for console players, its something they're introducing before the big update coming. Also the dedicated servers are coming after the engine update so it may take a few after the big update for then the dedicated servers to land. So hopefully this is something before the update or at the latest during.

3 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

A quick search for "Host Left" or "Host Quit" will show you that it's certainly an issue.

Sorry, I never think about Host problems being on PC. The concern we'd like to know more about is leaving while spectating.

@ShiftySamurai I don't agree with this at all. I would if the game was 100% stable, but it's not. People shouldn't be penalized if they are forced to leave a game for reasons beyond their control, such as a glitch that sticks the camera on the ground on a random part of the map (and not behind the player) or if the game crashes.

I understand this perhaps being rolled out for console players with the issues they're experiencing, but leave it off PC. We don't need it...well, at least until the game is stable and glitch-free.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, The Gloved One said:

Trolling (although still here ) has been decreasing overtime with the devs cracking down on exploits and cheats.Most trolling in my experience has Dramatically went down over the months .

Yeah, because the playerbase has dramatically gone down.

Most trolls have just moved on to being teamers anyways.

30 minutes ago, Count Chocula said:

So not only does the game glitch about 35% of the time on the intro video to the point that it gets stuck and I can't play, thus HAVING to leave the game - not only have you not replied to my emails about it, now I'm going to get shamed for it in the game itself when I exit? 

Well, I know I'm salty.

Crashing at the intro movie? 35% of the time? Yeah, the reason your emails have gotten no response is because the problem is on your end. Either your computer is garbage, you are trying to run it at too high spec, or your internet is crap.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, JephC said:

They're talking about when the host drops the game and cancels it for everyone still playing. That's just a douche move.  If you're going to need to leave because you died early, don't accept being lobby host.

No, they distinctly say “2. Leave a match early” and “5. Leave a match while hosting”

So even if I’m not a host, I’m going to get put in these salt mines just because I want to start a new game, rather than watch everyone play until the match has ended? Which, again, is typically 15+ minutes. 

• Like 2

Just now, Witchcunt said:

So even if I’m not a host, I’m going to get put in these salt mines just because I want to start a new game, rather than watch everyone play until the match has ended? Which, again, is typically 15+ minutes. 

I know, right? Worst idea ever. What the fuck are they thinking??? 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Witchcunt said:

No, they distinctly say “2. Leave a match early” and “5. Leave a match while hosting”

I think what @ShiftySamurai is saying is that they will accumulate over time if said actions are done repeatedly .