I know this was posted awhile ago but I JUST figured out about "The salt mines" But.. I'm kind of worried about this (Not because I quit..) But because every time I'm host my game ALWAYS crashes! It'll always take me to my home screen.. And A LOT of times at the very start my game my screen will just go black then crash.. So I guess I'm going to the salt mines.. :/ (I also a lot of times see cheaters when I'm Jason glitching onto beds and stuff so I don't wanna deal with that but I'll only leave when the cheaters are the only ones alive and their not moving and being jerks.) So in some ways this is gonna cause issues. But I do understand this is a good idea to teach the quitters to just stop and play the game right.

Nope. Not true. Right now on Xbox One, if the host quits, you get salt. If the game crashes, you get salt. If you leave in spectator mode, you get salt. If you leave in the "waiting for players" lobby, you get salt. Technically, there is no salt mine. All it does is throw you into "low priority" matchmaking, which means you never get matched up. Then, if you try to join matches via search, nope. Low priority banned. The salt mines are broken on Xbox One. To wrap up, what this means is you get salt unfairly, and you effectively get banned because you cannot earn your way out. I was a kickstarter donor, played the game since it's release, am level 150+++ (I play the game too damn much), and now I'm ready to drop it entirely. I'm getting salted and banned from matchmaking because of a faulty patch and other people host quitting. It's shit.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

Nope. Not true. Right now on Xbox One, if the host quits, you get salt. If the game crashes, you get salt. If you leave in spectator mode, you get salt. If you leave in the "waiting for players" lobby, you get salt. Technically, there is no salt mine. All it does is throw you into "low priority" matchmaking, which means you never get matched up. Then, if you try to join matches via search, nope. Low priority banned. The salt mines are broken on Xbox One. To wrap up, what this means is you get salt unfairly, and you effectively get banned because you cannot earn your way out. I was a kickstarter donor, played the game since it's release, am level 150+++ (I play the game too damn much), and now I'm ready to drop it entirely. I'm getting salted and banned from matchmaking because of a faulty patch and other people host quitting. It's shit.

If this is actually all true, then how come I'm not in the salt mines? I've had crashes, host quits, disconnects, etc. and I'm still not getting low priority. Until I see it happen myself, I'm not going to believe that everyone is getting salt for everything. I call bullshit.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Truth said:

If this is actually all true, then how come I'm not in the salt mines? I've had crashes, host quits, disconnects, etc. and I'm still not getting low priority. Until I see it happen myself, I'm not going to believe that everyone is getting salt for everything. I call bullshit.

Not bullshit, me and 4 friends are in the salt mines on PS4 “You are in low priority matchmaking and may not join this session!” When we tried to join our friend. 

We've been playing about 2 hours and had hosts quit, Jason’s spawn in and quit and had to leave once for connection issues because we couldn’t see the map and only inside our players heads (pretty hilarious - see attached) but not one of us rage quit etc. We were all just lumped in with the people who DID quit and given “a portion of salt” if you like. 

I’m not bothered about playing in public matches until it’s over, I just think it’s unfair to group punish for the actions of others when we didn’t do jack... this was meant to help honest players, not the opposite.

5EA84ED3-32E5-4C9F-AF67-54F614937EAA.jpeg

2 minutes ago, ElizaBuh said:

Not bullshit, me and 4 friends are in the salt mines on PS4 “You are in low priority matchmaking and may not join this session!” When we tried to join our friend. 

Well thank you for joining to share that. If it's true, that really sucks. But you have to understand my skepticism. Of course anyone who was sent to the salt mines is going to claim they did nothing to get there.

Same thing happens when people get banned. We've seen that here before. Someone makes an account to say they were banned and don't know why. Then one of the devs jumps in to say "no, you did this, this, and that to get banned". I'm not calling you out there or claiming you're doing the same, it was just an example that I remember seeing here.

True or not, this is one of those things I'll have to see for myself before believing.

• Like 1

Just now, Truth said:

Well thank you for joining to share that. If it's true, that really sucks. But you have to understand my skepticism. Of course anyone who was sent to the salt mines is going to claim they did nothing to get there.

Same thing happens when people get banned. We've seen that here before. Someone makes an account to say they were banned and don't know why. Then one of the devs jumps in to say "no, you did this, this, and that to get banned". I'm not calling you out there or claiming you're doing the same, it was just an example that I remember seeing here.

True or not, this is one of those things I'll have to see for myself before believing.

Yeah dude, I totally get it. Just wanted to share my story and appreciate your skepticism. Glad the guy above also said that he had the same experience as me though. People cry wolf all the time but I hope you can take me on board as sincerity. This just sucks. My friends in too, but for some reason I managed to join one friends game without the error message but not the other. 

I love the game, been here since late March. 

Just now, ElizaBuh said:

Yeah dude, I totally get it. Just wanted to share my story and appreciate your skepticism. Glad the guy above also said that he had the same experience as me though. People cry wolf all the time but I hope you can take me on board as sincerity. This just sucks. My friends in too, but for some reason I managed to join one friends game without the error message but not the other. 

I love the game, been here since late March. 

I've seen a few people claiming this is happening. I haven't seen a dev confirm it though.

On the plus side, people are also saying that the low priority only lasts like 30 minutes (which I'm also skeptical about), so you should be out soon enough. It was never meant to be a permanent thing. Everyone will get out eventually provided they play the game correctly.

1 minute ago, Truth said:

I've seen a few people claiming this is happening. I haven't seen a dev confirm it though.

On the plus side, people are also saying that the low priority only lasts like 30 minutes (which I'm also skeptical about), so you should be out soon enough. It was never meant to be a permanent thing. Everyone will get out eventually provided they play the game correctly.

Yeah, for sure! I hope one of th Devs can help clear this up too. Thanks for that!

Have a good day :) 

• Sad 1

It is really hard for me to find a lobby, because of my shitty connection. when i finally find a decent room the host left and i get penalize for it  ? SALT MINES, i really love the game sometimes it tooks me almost 1 hour just for one gameplay GOD help me. 

Still doesn't make me a rage quitter, never leave the game mid game (unless the god damn "connection error" pops out, which often happen to me), i'm still a good player for it but this low priority player sucks, but beggar can't be chooser right T^T.

being GMT+7 is making me harder to find a group with a mic (apparently Asian people don't use mic maybe because of the language barrier, and communication is vital playing this game).

Anyway i'm still enjoying the game despite all of the SALT MINES. I really need to find a regular people to play with T^T add me please (gamertag: PapaLeqba) i'm begging you.

PS: never have i ever played as Jason (Nope).

• Sad 1

There HAS to be a way for the distinction between connection errors and just deliberate jerkhole-ness are made.

I've been booted so many times and was goofing off on my stream with my viewers before I was tossed off in the desolate torture known as the "salt mines".. You're literally left alone or with children who just hack at each other. Like a gory game of tag with weapons.

Please please! Find a solution, my connection for whatever reason has been iffy, I live in Florida where we have hurricanes this time of year and weather issues become a Wi-Fi problem.

Sincerely,

Billie

16 hours ago, ElizaBuh said:

Yeah, for sure! I hope one of th Devs can help clear this up too. Thanks for that!

Have a good day :) 

You and me both

13 hours ago, BillieNoir said:

There HAS to be a way for the distinction between connection errors and just deliberate jerkhole-ness are made.

I've been booted so many times and was goofing off on my stream with my viewers before I was tossed off in the desolate torture known as the "salt mines".. You're literally left alone or with children who just hack at each other. Like a gory game of tag with weapons.

Please please! Find a solution, my connection for whatever reason has been iffy, I live in Florida where we have hurricanes this time of year and weather issues become a Wi-Fi problem.

Sincerely,

Billie 

Also, I stream so the whole glitchy mess is on mixer... Unfortunately.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Truth said:

I don't play on Xbox... but if salt is being given to "some" people for these types of issues... would everyone not be getting salt for the same things happening?... unless there is a bug in the salt somewhere?

@BillieNoir If your wi-fi is the problem and causing crashes, there are a couple things that may help you that I can think of....

Try plugging in your internet with an ethernet cable, as long as the problem is not your modem... this could be a huge help to keep your connection stable. You can get very long ethernet cables, not sure how expensive they are though.

Streaming can take up quite a bit of bandwidth... the better quality of video you are sending out, the more bandwidth it takes... if you do not have a very good wireless card... modem... or wi-fi signal this could also be a big contributor to your problem. You only have to lose connection for a second to get booted from the match. If the stream takes priority over the game's connection, that could cause a problem.

8 hours ago, BillieNoir said:

Sincerely,

Billie 

YES? ! PLEASE? ! PREACH?

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ElizaBuh said:

We've been playing about 2 hours and had hosts quit, Jason’s spawn in and quit and had to leave once for connection issues because we couldn’t see the map and only inside our players heads (pretty hilarious - see attached) but not one of us rage quit etc. We were all just lumped in with the people who DID quit and given “a portion of salt” if you like. 

I’m not bothered about playing in public matches until it’s over, I just think it’s unfair to group punish for the actions of others when we didn’t do jack... this was meant to help honest players, not the opposite.

5EA84ED3-32E5-4C9F-AF67-54F614937EAA.jpeg

Out of the topic, but legit this is my face every time i got connection error, or the host left and kick the entire lobby

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Ahab said:

I don't play on Xbox... but if salt is being given to "some" people for these types of issues... would everyone not be getting salt for the same things happening?... unless there is a bug in the salt somewhere?

@BillieNoir If your wi-fi is the problem and causing crashes, there are a couple things that may help you that I can think of....

Try plugging in your internet with an ethernet cable, as long as the problem is not your modem... this could be a huge help to keep your connection stable. You can get very long ethernet cables, not sure how expensive they are though.

Streaming can take up quite a bit of bandwidth... the better quality of video you are sending out, the more bandwidth it takes... if you do not have a very good wireless card... modem... or wi-fi signal this could also be a big contributor to your problem. You only have to lose connection for a second to get booted from the match. If the stream takes priority over the game's connection, that could cause a problem.

Thanks for your response! I truthfully cannot do anything about internet because I cannot have my modem/router close enough for an etherner cable. Also, I think the salt 'is' being thrown to a lot of people. Like, trolls out there quitting to mess with other people know it's becoming an issue for them aswell.

4 hours ago, BillieNoir said:

Thanks for your response! I truthfully cannot do anything about internet because I cannot have my modem/router close enough for an etherner cable. Also, I think the salt 'is' being thrown to a lot of people. Like, trolls out there quitting to mess with other people know it's becoming an issue for them aswell.

You can get ethernet cables as long as you want... I bought a 30' cable on amazon for like $10.

https://www.amazon.com/s/s/ref=sr_nr_p_n_feature_keywords_6?fst=as%3Aoff&rh=n%3A172282%2Cn%3A541966%2Cn%3A172456%2Cn%3A172463%2Cn%3A464398%2Ck%3Aethernet+cable%2Cp_n_feature_keywords_five_browse-bin%3A7800930011&keywords=ethernet+cable&ie=UTF8&qid=1528212154&rnid=7800923011

• Thanks 1

Haha that's awesome, unfortunately I don't have any expenses let alone some for that.

The internet in my home is connected to cable and I have a dictator grandmother that thinks anything technological is going to mess up her tv, so I cannot do anything with the modem/router as I mentioned before.

I'm just stuck with the mediocre - crappy internet service.

Thank you all for your help ?

On 6/4/2018 at 7:17 PM, Truth said:

It was about or more than two hours ?

11 minutes ago, BillieNoir said:

dictator grandmother that thinks anything technological is going to mess up her tv

It took a LONG time for me to get my parents to understand that I know how to hook things up like that. I understand where you're coming from.

5 minutes ago, BillieNoir said:

It was about or more than two hours ?

That's really good to know. Thank you for being the guinea pig for us! lol

7 hours ago, BillieNoir said:

Do you have the same connection to the game problems when you are not streaming? You could just trying adjusting the quality of your stream too. I have never tried streaming, so I don't know too much about your options with that, but if you can adjust the quality and lower it, it will take proportionately less bandwidth to stream. It could help and may be worth a try.

lmaooooo can’t they just make another account and join regular lobby’s just to be petty and do it again?

12 minutes ago, XxlaveryGxX said:

lmaooooo can’t they just make another account and join regular lobby’s just to be petty and do it again?

Trolls will be trolls. You can't troll-proof anything these days. They will ALWAYS find a way around it. If they're that desperate to troll, then yes. But you also get out of the salt mines after around 2 hours supposedly, so that sounds like a waste of effort.

i'm so tired in a lobby with a group of friends, i'm tired being betrayed (got hit with a car) it happen to me 10 times already ? 

After the new update I have noticed that the game doesn’t blue screen as much as it used to but it happened twice today while I was hosting. I would like to know if the blue screen game error will give you salt. I would like to add that I have had zero problems with match making today after the two blue screen errors but I think the community is still confused about the mechanics of the “Salt Mines.” I understand all cannot be revealed about the mines because if people find out exactly how the system works they can beat it and troll around it, AND I DON’T WANT THAT. I’m a respectable player and I host the majority of my groups matches. Please let us know what you can do we can continue to enjoy and improve the F13 community. 

SCirca30 

the connection time out actually programmed to the game, every time i suck a a match the connection doing fine, but when i fix TWO CARS, FIX THE PHONE CALLED THE COPS, CALL TOMMY, then i got connection time out..  

WHAT KIND OF SHINENIGANS IS THIS !! ?

Why can’t u drop out once you’re dead?  What makes people think others wanna sit and watch for five, ten or fifteen minutes.  U should be able to drop out once you’re dead or escaped.  

5 minutes ago, Tbone said:

Why can’t u drop out once you’re dead?  What makes people think others wanna sit and watch for five, ten or fifteen minutes.  U should be able to drop out once you’re dead or escaped.  

You can, you just don't get any XP for completing the match. ;)

• Thanks 1