I love the fact that the new Update is coming soon. I do not like the fact of the Salt mines , I know it is not fully explained. However it will be a breeding ground for trolls who want to send unsuspecting host there by trolling their lobby until they rage quit. I feel that trolls, cheaters, Jason helpers should also be cast into the salt mines . It is not fair for a host to be given a penalty when the pricks who caused it get away completely.

• Like 1

@ShiftySamurai are players currently accuring salt now? I heard that they were. I think they should so these salt mines will not be empty when it comes in the game. Just my 2¢. 

I get a blue screen all the time while hosting...guess I get to go to the salt mines.... this is a bad idea.

Don't host and just join in games until the dedicated servers come along then see if that improves things for you, would be my first suggestion.

I mean...if you're hosting and crash all the time, then anyone playing with you is missing out on full games as well. Tough situation for you but also for them.

The salt mines can’t come soon enough. A tsunami of quitters poured in this weekend.,

• Like 2

On 3/23/2018 at 1:10 AM, Witchcunt said:

No, they distinctly say “2. Leave a match early” and “5. Leave a match while hosting”

So even if I’m not a host, I’m going to get put in these salt mines just because I want to start a new game, rather than watch everyone play until the match has ended? Which, again, is typically 15+ minutes. 

Well, when I start a quick game, I always want to wait until the lobby is full, simply because the more players in a match, the easier it is surviving, generally speaking, since Jason has more counselors to chase, which increases my chases of succeeding with my goals as a counselor before Jason focus on me. When a bunch of players starts quitting a match, simply because they're not Jason, it makes it soo much harder for the rest of us that stays in the match. Its bad behavior plain and simple. Deal with it or play with offline bots.

Do the salt mines also contains iodine, or will these players have to find other alternatives to prevent goiters?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thatguyinktown said:

Do the salt mines also contains iodine, or will these players have to find other alternatives to prevent goiters?

That's a good question. Salt extracted from tears is organic right?

On 4/30/2018 at 7:04 PM, AdmiralJT said:

That's a good question. Salt extracted from tears is organic right?

Maybe, depends on the toxicity of said player. But they are so damn delicious.

• Like 1

Sorry if its already been asked but, alot of times the servers are dogshit so you get booted, disconnected, error blue screen of death are these going to gain the player "salt"

I have phenomenal internet and its still happens so its really not a fault on my end. 

2 minutes ago, BigShaunPolk said:

Sorry if its already been asked but, alot of times the servers are dogshit so you get booted, disconnected, error blue screen of death are these going to gain the player "salt"

I'm pretty sure they said they could tell the difference between a player quitting and losing connection. I crash every once in a while too. Helps if you completely exit the game before turning off your system (fresh boot every time you play), but it still happens sometimes.

I would assume yes, but salt goes away overtime anyway. You shouldn't have to worry unless it's happening very often.

• Like 1

Is it safe to leave the match after being killed and Jason kills and gets his animation done without getting salt? I personally don't wanna sit through a 15 minute match if I'm dead, so will I accumulate salt after leaving when I'm already dead?

5 minutes ago, The Monoxide Child said:

Is it safe to leave the match after being killed and Jason kills and gets his animation done without getting salt? I personally don't wanna sit through a 15 minute match if I'm dead, so will I accumulate salt after leaving when I'm already dead?

Yep, that’s why they made the salt mines.

3 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

I don't to think they made the mines for people leaving after they're dead lol. 

25 minutes ago, The Monoxide Child said:

If you die or escape and enter spectator mode, you can leave without issue. The exception is if you're hosting, obviously. 

20 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

You're incorrect. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Risinggrave said:

If you die or escape and enter spectator mode, you can leave without issue. The exception is if you're hosting, obviously. 

You're incorrect. 

Thank you :) I just don't care to sit around in spectator mode for 15 minutes or so, I'm all for letting the guy get his kill so long as he isn't cheating. 

1 hour ago, The Monoxide Child said:

Thank you :) I just don't care to sit around in spectator mode for 15 minutes or so, I'm all for letting the guy get his kill so long as he isn't cheating. 

Same. I don't play for XP or CP, I'm just in it for the fun of the experience. 

• Like 1

I hope the Salt Mines are filling up because since the new update I'm getting more "host quit" during a match than ever before.  ?

6 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

Same. I don't play for XP or CP, I'm just in it for the fun of the experience. 

I mostly play for Jason for the trophy, but I like to find new games after I die.

On 3/23/2018 at 11:29 AM, gtdjlocker311 said:

This is good.

For all those who are complaining because they leave after they get killed, yes you ARE being a JERK.  Leaving lobbies over and over makes it take longer for everyone else to fill lobbies and play the game.

If you get killed within the first minute, take those 19 minutes to:

-go to the bathroom

-have a drink/smoke break

-read

-do some pushups

-go for a short walk

-talk to a friend, family member, or loved one

-watch the match play out and learn some strategies to avoid being killed in the first minute

If you really hate watching the rest of the match, maybe this game isn't for you.

^ This. I do this. I will read my comics, and if I hear the music intro for the Tommy Jarvis arrival cinematic I'll go back to playing, if not I keep reading or go to the bathroom or even get some of that much needed cleaning done around the house. :) This is the kind of game meant for people that if you start a match, you're committed. You know how long a match is by now, this game has been out for over a year, so if you're going to play then stick it out to the end. If an emergency arrives, I believe leaving after a kill animation or escape won't net you any salt, but you'll just lose out on XP. If you crash, yes, you will get salt but it will not land you in the Salt Mines unless it's a more frequent occurrence. The bottom line is, don't start something if you don't think you will be able to stick around to see it through. ;)

Question the challenges on offline mode do they get updated or is it only 10

1 minute ago, Robo316 said:

Question the challenges on offline mode do they get updated or is it only 10

Very good question. Maybe @ShiftySamurai can answer.