Aren't the salt mines a little pointless on PC since they have dedicated servers? If consoles had dedicated servers I honestly could care less if someone rages because the game would still be going, unless of course it's Jason who rages. I guess they are using salt mines for toxic players, but how will it work? Do you need video proof of players cheating? If not I could see this being abused on fair players due to the toxic people reporting just to put others in the salt mines.

Am I wrong though? Is the salt mine only for people who disconnect or is it for both cheaters and quitter? 

1 hour ago, jameson87 said:

We aren't worried about dividing the player base. Salty assholes who ruin the game for everyone else should be quarantined. They might grow the fuck up. Probably not, but just maybe. But in the meantime, we won't have to worry about those guys. Is it going to stop trolling completely? No. Nothing will, but it is a step in the right direction and will mitigate the problem of dealing with some of them.

They have a point. The game is slowly losing it's player base, trolls will be trolls and slowly diminish with the Salt Mines. The issue is that finding matches is long enough as it is. I have to wait 3-5 minutes for a match, then waste my time because Jason kills the host. Dividing the player base is a big issue, that’s means longer waits and longer waits will just make players feel discouraged playing the game. I leave the game if I’ve already waited 3 minutes for a match, Salt Mines won’t help that. 

8 minutes ago, Brogan322 said:

Aren't the salt mines a little pointless on PC since they have dedicated servers? If consoles had dedicated servers I honestly could care less if someone rages because the game would still be going, unless of course it's Jason who rages. I guess they are using salt mines for toxic players, but how will it work? Do you need video proof of players cheating? If not I could see this being abused on fair players due to the toxic people reporting just to put others in the salt mines.

Am I wrong though? Is the salt mine only for people who disconnect or is it for both cheaters and quitter? 

No you're not wrong, they have only said quitters will be in the salt mines.

That's really enough for me though, I've been playing on PS4 since December and have only seen 2 people teaming with Jason, but I have seen hundreds of hosts and Jasons quit.

3 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

They have a point. The game is slowly losing it's player base, trolls will be trolls and slowly diminish with the Salt Mines. The issue is that finding matches is long enough as it is. I have to wait 3-5 minutes for a match, then waste my time because Jason kills the host. Dividing the player base is a big issue, that’s means longer waits and longer waits will just make players feel discouraged playing the game. I leave the game if I’ve already waited 3 minutes for a match, Salt Mines won’t help that. 

Salt mines will be perfect. Dividing assholes away is great. #TeamSaltMines all the way. Move away from pc if no one is left and you want to play. It doesn't take that long hardly ever on ps4.

• Like 1

Just now, jameson87 said:

Salt mines will be perfect. Dividing assholes away is great. #TeamSaltMines all the way.

That doesn’t fix the problem.

2 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

That doesn’t fix the problem.

It does fix the problem of quitters, not all trolls, just the host quitters/rage quitters robbing Jason's of kills and salty assholes who quit because they didn't get picked to be Jason. It sure will help with those pricks. And those are the biggest problems many of us face at the moment.

5 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

It does fix the problem of quitters, not all trolls, just the host quitters/rage quitters robbing Jason's of kills and salty assholes who quit because they didn't get picked to be Jason. It sure will help with those pricks. And those are the biggest problems many of us face at the moment.

Good point. I deal with more host quits and “Connection lost” than I play matches.

Just now, TiffanyIsBae said:

Good point. I deal with more host quits and “Connection lost” than I play matches.

Yeah it won't help with all trolls, just a good portion of them which is a step in the right direction until dedicated servers finally drop.

People keep complaining about the player base being so low, but I play twice a week (and one of those days is Sun night / Mon morning from midnight to 3am or so - not exactly a peak time) and, even if only one or two of my regular group makes it, I still only very VERY rarely have problems filling the lobby. 

The salt mines really aren't going to affect me one way or the other, because using the "Looking for Groups" option to play this game has been the best way to do it since day one. If you don't want to host, look for a group that has similar play styles to your own and join them. 

• Like 1

Salt mines being added with no real working report system just makes it easier for Jason teamers to have their way. The system is flawed. I'll just have to suicide and then leave when it comes to rounds where I have to deal with Jason teamers. Other than that, I never leave during the intro cutscene or before Jason kills me, so the salt mines has no affect on me personally.

I do think it is flawed and should not be added at all, especially since it is just a placeholder for dedicated servers, which begs the question, how much longer are we going to have to wait for those? Salt mines being a short term addition is kind of waste of it being implemented to begin with, and if it is a long term addition, that just means dedicated servers aren't coming soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So let me get this straight. If people are teaming with Jason I am just supposed to keep on spectating or I am the one who is punished? Great system @ShiftySamurai, @GunMedia_Ben so not only have you done zero to prevent this type of behavior now I have to watch players use the car to drop off victims to Jason. Thanks a lot. Your report system sucks too. Either your not receiving reports or you don't care.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WashingtonJones said:

@PlayerAgainstTheMachine It should be "are they" and not "they are" in the title. 

Also, I'm curious to know why you think this needs its own thread, seeing that there already is a very current and active thread for the Salt Mines.

I do believe english is not their first language. Does a lot better than some who were born and raised here though...

3 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

I do believe english is not their first language. Does a lot better than some who were born and raised here though...

The use of "their" feels weird and sounds like you're talking about more than one person. "His or her" would work best.  

13 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

The use of "their" feels weird and sounds like you're talking about more than one person. "His or her" would work best.  

their

[th air; unstressed th er]

pronoun
a form of the possessive case of they used as an attributive adjective, before a noun:
their home; their rights as citizens; their departure for Rome.
(used with a singular indefinite pronoun or singular noun antecedent in place of the definite masculine his or the definite feminine her):
Someone left their book on the table. It's good for the teacher to have high expectations for their students.

Is there some reason you are coming at me? And if so, at least understand that their can be plural and singular before doing so.

14 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

Is there some reason you are coming at me?

I'm not coming at you, I was just helping you out in the same way I helped out my friend up there. 

"Their" is correct, but it doesn't flow as well and it implies plural.
It doesn't always work out. The table example feels right, but the teacher example doesn't. 

But let's not get off topic before this gets even more on topic. Get it? Cause the thread is about getting salty. 

2 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

I'm not coming at you, I was just helping you out in the same way I helped out my friend up there. 

"Their" is correct, but it doesn't flow as well and it implies plural.
It doesn't always work out. The table example feels right, but the teacher example doesn't. 

But let's not get off topic before it get even more on topic. Get it? Cause the thread is about getting salty. 

No salt here, just find it funny to be corrected when, in fact I used it correctly. As in the table example. What flows for one may not for all. I write and speak the way I was taught in English. Regardless, I agree, back to the topic of salt mines. I welcome them, and think it is great. Especially until we get dedicated servers.

I've folded in the comments from Player's thread here, rather than locking it up, since there was a conversation going on even though it was better included in this one.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Grammar not matter. No fight cuz grammar. 

Lmao thanks.

While they're at it they should add in a window block like Dead by Daylight has so it's harder for people to crawl back and forth through broke windows and kill themselves.

All this is positive news as far as I am concerned. But, are players accumulating salt NOW? They should be!! You will need to be able to fill these “salt mines” when they are rolled out. I think players should be secretly getting “salt” now when they do these salty things, and when the engine update rolls out, boom, they find themselves with other salty players.