9 minutes ago, doitagain said:

I’m all for this but #5 about hostquitting has me worried why you included it.. does this mean dedicated servers aren’t coming shortly after this update?

Dedicated servers are still top priority for us. Hosts leaving gain salt between now and then. Hosts won't really exist when dedicated servers are live.

• Thanks 9

1 minute ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Dedicated servers are still top priority for us. Hosts leaving gain salt between now and then. Hosts won't really exist when dedicated servers are live.

Alright that’s great to hear, thanks for the reply.

I'd like to ask, does "leaving the match early" include leaving when you're dead?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Lurdiak said:

Well, yes. Just like killing Jason is an ego boost. And if you're too salty to deal with either, you get put in the salt mines. See how that works?

No. It's an ago boost for Jason to have the other player be forced to watch the kill.

Fix the ragdoll. Everyone wins. Jason gets his EXP and gets to watch his kill. The other players get to "be salty", and they get to start a new match sooner.

The same could be fixed on Jason's end too. If he leaves during his kill, the animation still finishes. TA DAA!

• Sad 3

Will the system know the difference between lagging out, the game crashing & rage quitting/trolling. Will this only effect quick play? I have trolls and team killers blocked on Xbox one and they can still get in, even if I'm hosting in private matches. This is a great concept and I hope it works as planned. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lurdiak said:

Well, yes. Just like killing Jason is an ego boost. And if you're too salty to deal with either, you get put in the salt mines. See how that works?

You don't have to quit to cheaply avoid being killed. Remember, you'll get no salt in fresh-water lakes

43 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

1. Earning Salt is EASY! Just do any of the following:
  2. Leave a match early, like a jerk
  3. Leave a match while being killed, like a big jerk
  4. Leave a match as Jason, like a super jerk
  5. Leave a match while hosting, like a mega jerk

2 - What do you mean by "early"? During the intro or when the first person killed by Jason doesn't want to wait 18 minutes to be able to play again?

3 - Jason players will get the same treatment when they quit as soon as the sweater girl do her magic?

5 - How the game will know if people are leaving because they want to or because of the internet, real life problems or something like that?

Btw, you chose to use the word "jerk" too much. Jerks or not, those people bought the game. As the guy who works with the game that those jerks bought, well... You know. You can send the message with more profissional words. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Just now, WashingtonJones said:

You don't have to quit to cheaply avoid being killed. Remember, you'll get no salt out of fresh-water lakes

Lol. And people call Counselors salty.

They changed it so a Counselor couldn't use a car to block the door to a cabin. But Jason is allowed to avoid death by staying in the water for an entire match. Seems fair.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

There will always be toxic players. I vote to keep the Salt Mines operational even after dedicated servers are implemented.

While this is a neat idea.

People who are level 150 and are trolls/teamers could probably give a crap whatsoever. They'll just continue to do this, only with hopefully like minded players.

Or they just buy new accounts, which has always been the go to method of getting around a matchmaking system. Pathetic yes, but its what happens.

• Like 1

Just now, tyrant666 said:

While this is a neat idea.

People who are level 150 and are trolls/teamers could probably give a crap whatsoever. They'll just continue to do this, only with hopefully like minded players.

Or they just buy new accounts, which has always been the go to method of getting around a matchmaking system. Pathetic yes, but its what happens.

If I understand how the system works, it would mean a lot of new accounts for people who plan on doing this every match...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sogreth said:

They changed it so a Counselor couldn't use a car to block the door to a cabin. But Jason is allowed to avoid death by staying in the water for an entire match. Seems fair

It's very fair. You don't have to kill Jason, counselors have multiple ways to win. Jason has one. You can't block Jason's one way to win. 

• Like 5

Can we get lose are level too or suspended and my main concern about the accidental quit like lose connection, for xbox player when you go back in dashboard and said launch the game, host connection, the game lose his connection we gonna be in salt mines or no

So not only does the game glitch about 35% of the time on the intro video to the point that it gets stuck and I can't play, thus HAVING to leave the game - not only have you not replied to my emails about it, now I'm going to get shamed for it in the game itself when I exit? 

Well, I know I'm salty.

3 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

It's very fair. You don't have to kill Jason, counselors have multiple ways to win. Jason has one. You can't block Jason's one way to win. 

It's really not. But I think to counter salty Jasons. The game should check if the sweater was taken, and if Tommy is alive, and if both are true, then Jason should gain salt for staying in the water too long.

All fixed!

• Like 1

Say one gets put into the salt mine by 100% accident like host leaving in lobby or game crashing and so on! Can they get out quickly?

4 minutes ago, Count Chocula said:

So not only does the game glitch about 35% of the time on the intro video to the point that it gets stuck and I can't play, thus HAVING to leave the game - not only have you not replied to my emails about it, now I'm going to get shamed for it in the game itself, when I exit? 

Well, I know I'm salty.

It's not like a global message is going to go out to all players when one gets flagged as "Salty" saying "Hey, Bob is now in the Salt Mines".

2 minutes ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

Say one gets put into the salt mine by 100% accident like host leaving in lobby or game crashing and so on! Can they get out quickly?

Going to the Salt Mines is not permanent. Don't play like a jerk and you'll get out.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sogreth said:

It's really not.

It really is.
You can't compare the 2. Game breaking moves vs personal disappointment are 2 different things. Like I said, you don't HAVE to kill Jason. 

15 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

People who are level 150 and are trolls/teamers could probably give a crap whatsoever. 

Speaking of which, what happens if you're stuck in a lobby with trolls or teamers. Now you'll have to sit it out unless you want a salty rep.

I'm not too sold on this.

Two updates in one day tells me the next patch is near...

• Like 2

@ShiftySamurai Please make it so that it doesnt make you salty when you leave the first time since that could be a mistake or emergency, Also add a system where we can explain why we left

Also, LOL!!! Trying to "fix" the problem with leavers, when there is a much larger issue. Trolls and Teamers.

Now we will be forced to play with them. The one counter we had to teamers was to leave. Guess we aren't doing that anymore?

• Like 2

It's not like a global message is going to go out to all players when one gets flagged as "Salty" saying "Hey, Bob is now in the Salt Mines".

But did you not say that 'salty' players will be moved around in the queues to play with one another only, rather than being part of normal match-making?  So, yes, clearly I'm going to be considered 'salty' simply because of the game load glitch that no one involved with has done anything to help me address, which forces me to leave games just as they start to try again.

Thus and so, assuming the glitch continues and that 35-40% of the time, I can't play because of it, thus being forced to leave the game as soon as it starts, I'm going to be relegated to playing with difficult players for as long as the salt remains attached to my profile.  

What part of my statements are not correct?