I wonder if these techniques actually deter these clowns who rage quit? I know other games have done similar things where if you cheat you get matched up with other cheaters, but Iv always been curious if it actually works. I also think you should give the quitters some kind of badge next to their name that shows they quit. Publicly shame them. 

• Like 1

host quitting shouldn't be an issue going forward right guys? right? :unsure:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, John Wick said:

I wonder if these techniques actually deter these clowns who rage quit? I know other games have done similar things where if you cheat you get matched up with other cheaters, but Iv always been curious if it actually works. I also think you should give the quitters some kind of badge next to their name that shows they quit. Publicly shame them. 

I think with the way this system works, deterrence is only a secondary concern. If they keep doing it, they'll keep only getting matched with other quitters and be taken out of the matchup pools where honorable people play, and into the salty oceans.

• Like 2

Why not being able to leave when you're being killed? Jason already gets the EXP. If they want to leave and start a new game, while Jason is already getting the EXP for their death, who cares. Everyone wins.

Jason also better get a HUGE amount of "Salt" when he leaves, and even more when he leaves during a kill.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I’m all for this but #5 about hostquitting has me worried why you included it.. does this mean dedicated servers aren’t coming shortly after this update?

1 minute ago, Sogreth said:

Why not being able to leave when you're being killed? Jason already gets the EXP. If they want to leave and start a new game, while Jason is already getting the EXP for their death, who cares. Everyone wins.

Jason also better get a HUGE amount of "Salt" when he leaves, and even more when he leave during a kill.

Because Jason can tell if you salted out while he was killing you because of ragdolling, and it robs the Jason player of the satisfaction. Not everything's about XP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

Leave a match while hosting? I thought dedicated servers will fix that issue so if host leaves the game doesn't end. I'm confused.... 

As for the rest I am happy about this feature. 

Just now, Brogan322 said:

Leave a match while hosting? I thought dedicated servers will fix that issue so if host leaves the game doesn't end. I'm confused.... 

As for the rest I am happy about this feature. 

Dedicated servers will fix that issue but they aren't coming with the engine upgrade

Just now, hu_soldier13 said:

Dedicated servers will fix that issue but they aren't coming with the engine upgrade

Shocker. 

4 minutes ago, Lurdiak said:

Because Jason can tell if you salted out while he was killing you because of ragdolling, and it robs the Jason player of the satisfaction. Not everything's about XP.

Then they fix it so the body doesn't ragdoll.

Jason players just complain about this because they want the other player to watch the kill. It's an ego boost. All it is.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

@ShiftySamurai will players get salt if they lag out or get dashboarded? I have really good internet but it's bound to happen at some point, I just want to know I won't get stuck playing with the people that deserve to be there due to connection issues.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Leave a match early, like a jerk

Hmm does this count for after you're already dead or escaped and Tommy is already there? 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Sogreth said:

Then they fix it so the body doesn't ragdoll.

Jason players just complain about this because they want the other player to watch the kill. It's an ego boost. All it is.

Well, yes. Just like killing Jason is an ego boost. And if you're too salty to deal with either, you get put in the salt mines. See how that works?

• Like 4

On 3/18/2018 at 10:55 AM, gyaaft said:

I'm also for a report system. One that is intelligent enough to categorize toxic players and group them with other toxic players during matchmaking. Let these people wait for long periods of time only to be matched up with 7 other shitheads like themselves. Then they can see how their own medicine tastes.

I posted this in another thread the other day and presto Salt Mines!

• Thanks 2