ShiftySamurai

Part 7 Jason Adjustments

16 minutes ago, Loading said:

P7 is still going to remain low tier with that -traps.

traps are not a big deal actually there useless against a coronated group 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

If you were wrecking shit w/ J7, you should be a monster with a better shift and slash.

It will help for sure. Perhaps less cars will slip by me with the lack of a shift penalty.

My only complaint is this took 10 months to happen. The requests for a change were overwhelming shortly after release. Things like this shouldn't be left for close to a year.

Meh. Another Weapon Damage Jason. Relying on the meta abilities for balance is getting a bit tired. I would have preferred +Morph. The neutral Shift is fine.

Thank you so much, part7 is my favorite!!! I can’t wait to test out these changes!! 

Visually speaking, Part 7 is my favourite Jason in the game, he's just my least favourite to play as. Things could change after this patch! 

• Like 1

Finally! I am so glad you're tweaking 7. He's needed it for a long time. I don't mean to nitpick but if his Sense was changed to +Morph I think he'd be at a perfect spot. Not a huge deal I know. Just that these tweaks seem to be a sort of in the right direction kind of deal. In the movie J7 was all over the place. He'd be in the woods, then at a house, back to the woods, stop at home depot to get a tree trimmer, back to the woods. 

That being said I hope this helps him out a lot and I might actually pick up his weapon kill pack when his buff releases. Sooner if it happens to go on sale on PS4. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Alkavian said:

Meh. Another Weapon Damage Jason. Relying on the meta abilities for balance is getting a bit tired. I would have preferred +Morph. The neutral Shift is fine.

I'm feel the complete opposite. I like that he is the first walking Jason with +Weapon Damage. This makes him a close-range counterpart of Part 6, who has +Throwing Knives.

This is good. I love j7's look and kills, although using the kills won't be a problem much longer, since I can just equip his weapon on a different Jason. Still, I'm excited to see how this makes him play. I wonder where end up ranking among the Jasons after this. Who will be the new "worst" Jason.

2 hours ago, Big Daddy J said:

This is good. I love j7's look and kills, although using the kills won't be a problem much longer, since I can just equip his weapon on a different Jason. Still, I'm excited to see how this makes him play. I wonder where end up ranking among the Jasons after this. Who will be the new "worst" Jason.

I have a feeling because uber jason is such a power house they will try to balance it with hard core weaknesses that may make him the new worst jason

3 hours ago, NoOneK9503 said:

I'm feel the complete opposite. I like that he is the first walking Jason with +Weapon Damage. This makes him a close-range counterpart of Part 6, who has +Throwing Knives.

Savini is a walking Jason with +Weapon Damage. We have no walkers with +Morph. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Exclusive to backers though. And you're right about the second statement.

27 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

That's why I'd like his +Sense to be +Morph. Water, weapon damage, and morph as pros. Can't run, stun chance, and traps as weaknesses. With the +Morph he can cover the objectives better since he only has a few traps. What they plan to do to him is great as is but giving him +Morph over Sense (and relying on his large sound range to see where folks are) would really make him complete I feel. 

They'll no doubt give Uber + Morph, but a -Shift and Uber will be the new Part 7.

+ Morph

+ Stun Resistance

+ Defense

- Shift

- Water Speed

- Can't Run

1 hour ago, VenomSymbiote said:

That's why I'd like his +Sense to be +Morph. Water, weapon damage, and morph as pros. Can't run, stun chance, and traps as weaknesses. With the +Morph he can cover the objectives better since he only has a few traps. What they plan to do to him is great as is but giving him +Morph over Sense (and relying on his large sound range to see where folks are) would really make him complete I feel. 

I agree. I would have favored dropping +Sense in favor of +Morph on J7.

• Like 1

We have a Jason with Less HP with Part 9, but we don't have one with a + HP. We also don't have a Jason with +Defense either. For the negatives, -Weapon Strength, -Throwing Knives and -Destruction.

I'm hoping the future Jasons will at least incorporate some of those into their stats. It gets boring seeing how many of the current Jasons carries similar traits to more than one Jason yet they don't seem to play different enough. Almost half the roster now have weapon strength for crying out loud.

7 hours ago, Alkavian said:

I agree. I would have favored dropping +Sense in favor of +Morph on J7.

I was thinking about it a bit more and with their changes it kinda makes him a slightly worse Jason 3. It'll help him out a lot for sure, but with his -Traps compared to J3's I think he needs something to offset that and make him feel unique from J3 without making him worse than J3. That's why I feel him having +Morph would be the last tool he needs to make him a great choice. It'd be a nice contrast to J2. Instead of covering objectives with traps and being able to zip to them right away, J7 could set his traps and flip around to them regularly since he has so few. Really hope they consider tweaking that one aspect of him as well since we still don't have an undead morphing Jason and I don't think we have an undead weapon strength Jason that isn't Savini. So it'd cover a lot of bases and flesh him out perfectly. 

5 hours ago, VenomSymbiote said:

-Traps compared to J3's I think he needs something to offset that and make him feel unique from J3 without making him worse than J3. That's why I feel him having +Morph would be the last tool he needs to make him a great choice.

i22iqg.jpg

I agree and this should have been the way they went. I predicted 2 of them at least. 
I think they went a little too easy on people by giving him normal Shift. It's a bit on the nose. 

This would have been fun and unique, but then again, I forget that they have to add another walking Jason with X so there's that to consider. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WashingtonJones said:

i22iqg.jpg

I agree and this should have been the way they went. I predicted 2 of them at least. 
I think they went a little too easy on people by giving him normal Shift. It's a bit on the nose. 

This would have been fun and unique, but then again, I forget that they have to add another walking Jason with X so there's that to consider. 

While I don't care for -shifts insane cooldown I do feel having it instead of -traps with +morph wouldn't have been bad. I do like him keeping Water speed due to the movie but if they ditched sense for morph he'd be a great unique zombie Jason. Any idea if they're open to suggestions or listening to feedback in regards to their planned tweaks? Cause I do love that they're tweaking him. I just don't him to be "a worse Jason 3". 

the weapon strength is fine but -stun is gonna suck that trait is super bugged -throw knives would make me more excited 

3 hours ago, pioneer67fkd said:

the weapon strength is fine but -stun is gonna suck that trait is super bugged -throw knives would make me more excited 

Blocking is your best friend with a -stun Jason.