If grip strength actually still worked like it used to, then it would be a valuable trait. 

It used to be that when u had full health it was easier to break free of his grip, and when ur health was low, it was next to impossible!

Please fix the grip issue GUN!!

Welp.

I love the changes.

The only disappointing thing is with such changes like these. It should be evident that Grip Strength itself needs a damage modifier to be worthwhile. This basically proves it was a worthless strength for Part 7 and its worthless for Part 3 as well, just as much its really not much of a weakness either when its a weakness. Grip Strength should carry the same kind of damage modifier as Weapon Strength in concept. For the purposes of this quick rework. These changes work just fine though.

Lets look at the undeads now.

Part 6

+ Throwing Knives

+ Sense

+ Shift

- Morph

- Can't Run

- Defense

Part 7

+ Water Speed

+ Weapon Strength

+ Sense

- Stun Resistance

- Can't Run

- Traps

Part 8

+ Water Speed

+ Destruction

+ Stalk

- Can' Run

- Sense

- Grip Strength

Part 9

+ Shift

+ Stun Resistance

+ Stalk

- Can't Run

- Less Hit Points

- Traps

Savini

+ Shift

+ Weapon Strength

+ Destruction

- Can't Run

- Water Speed

- Grip Strength

My overall rankings now in terms of fun factor

1. Part 7 - He should be a lot more fun now, especially with Weapon Strength allowing for slightly better efforts in mobs

2. Part 8 - He will still be great

3. Part 6 - He's fun and the - Morph never really bothers me

4. Part 9 - Bit too easy to kill, but his strengths are fine

5. Savini - I realize he's technically the best undead Jason, but I find him a slog, that may change once weapon swap is in

2 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

With these changes, Part 7 will still be pretty low-tier, but he'll be perfectly viable against everything but coordinated level 150 Vanessa teams which no Jason can handle.

I’ve taken down level 150’s as J4......but of Course all of them left before I killed them lol

This is by far my most favorite announcement yet! I’ve been wanting them to change J7’s stats since the beta, and I know I’m not the only one! I like what I’m seeing with the changes and looking forward to trying it out! Major thanks to Gun & Illfonic for listening to those of us who have been requesting this for so long!

I liked part 7 as he was, but this could be nice for a change. I use part 4 and part 7 almost exclusively. The 3 traps never bugged me, I like the challenge of map control. The weapon strength on part 7 will help, but I don't look forward to the longer stuns... oh well... balance and all.

Looking forward to slashing down the battle Chads with greater efficiency.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Yes, every weekly post that we have done are items that should be included in the next update unless something catastrophic happens.

Unless something catastrophic happens?

When, in the history of this game, has something catastrophic NOT happened?

We're all doomed, I tell you.

DOOMED.

23 minutes ago, Ahab said:

I liked part 7 as he was, but this could be nice for a change. I use part 4 and part 7 almost exclusively. The 3 traps never bugged me, I like the challenge of map control. The weapon strength on part 7 will help, but I don't look forward to the longer stuns... oh well... balance and all.

Looking forward to slashing down the battle Chads with greater efficiency.

If you were wrecking shit w/ J7, you should be a monster with a better shift and slash.

4 hours ago, Stevenlfc123 said:

What about his water speed 

Will be maintained

3 hours ago, NoOneK9503 said:

Yeah! Finally Part 7 Jason adjustments! And it was exactly what I was guessing it would be! Thanks, Shifty!

Edit: See this, @VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow Time for beer! rs

I should have known they wouldn't taking my ideas lol. Guess +Fear is dead. :(

I'm still satisfied with these changes though. Too bad there's not a "walking" Jason with -Shift. Maybe it will be Uber Jason.

I think Part 7 should be more faithful to the movies...

Water speed, for exemple: Jason got his ass whooped when he tried to kill Tina near the water and got dragged down to the lake again. He should have a water speed decrease instead of having it as a strength.  Less traps and can't run are reasonable weakness.

Part 6 is a perfect exemple of movie accurate Jason.

But anyway, great changes on the J7. I'll try him when the update comes out.

@ShiftySamurai I see someone's been reading my posts. I'm taking all the credit for this one. :lol:
Happy to see these changes, good job.

• Confused 1

Just now, Tommy86 said:

@ShiftySamurai I see someone's been reading my posts. I'm taking all the credit for this one. :lol:
Happy to see these changes, good job.

No, I'm taking the credit! I also suggested these changes to make him a counterpart to Part 6 Jason.

8 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

No, I'm taking the credit! I also suggested these changes to make him a counterpart to Part 6 Jason.

I'm just kidding around. But I did suggest exactly these changes so it is nice to see they have come around.

ok i still think he was fine but wepon strength will help but the -stun makes wepon strength useless he will be chain stunned in close quarters and never get to swing i would have left -shift

I love these changes, even though part of me also loved the immense satisfaction of massacring all my friends in like 8-10 minutes with P7. 

Lately I'd been playing him every now and again and it feels good to pull off a clean sweep with this objectively under-powered Jason.

I know it probably sounds like I was playing against bad players, but it was mostly max level (and more importantly, good) players who are normally able to give me a hard enough time as P8...  

I always feel a little unsure about how it's going to go when I choose P7 and know that it's possible someone will escape, but more often than not I do just as well with him - albeit with a little more effort than normal.

Sometimes I'll even have one of the traps left over that I save for re-trapping the phone or trapping the car door once it's been stopped.

Trap phone, trap four seater door, leave two seater and hope that you have stalk by the time they get it going... then promptly stop that shit and trap the door.

The rubber-banding glitch admittedly has made my job as Jason easier when it comes to killing poor unfortunate drivers who get fucked over time and time again by that awful shit. 

I guess the fact I've played the game since day 1 (and barely play other games as most games nowadays bore me to death), was at max level on my original account as of around August last year, made a new account in November and have been at 150 since around the start of this year has something to do with it. 

On the flipside, every now and then I get like 3/8 with my favourite Jason... I can imagine doing horribly with P7 under the wrong circumstances. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Anonymous said:

What's his third ability?

Sense, Water Speed increase and Grip Strength.

Just now, Don_Sama said:

Sense, Water Speed increase and Grip Strength.

That's three things you listed, it can only be one for his third.

37 minutes ago, tinysquirrel said:

I always feel a little unsure about how it's going to go when I choose P7 and know that it's possible someone will escape, but more often than not I do just as well with him - albeit with a little more effort than normal.

On the flipside, every now and then I get like 3/8 with my favourite Jason... I can imagine doing horribly with P7 under the wrong circumstances. 

You're a crazy person! That can't be true!

But it is, and thanks for shedding a little more light on it.

I remember this from the beginning (which was July for me). The ability to run being important was the first myth to be debunked.  And then everybody had their opinions on which Jason was the best and the strongest and Savini and all that shit, and I played as all of them (except for the Savini skin) and I didn't do any better or worse with any of them. The only things I preferred was appearance, +Destruction and at least normal Shift :JasonPt8: all due to my lack of patience and shallow nature. Then I switched to random and really noticed the lack of difference. It always comes down to approach and circumstances. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Worry NOT!! The Eater of Worlds may have disappeared from my Lake of Reincarnation...........but he shall reimurge anew!! He may still be Bray of the Wyatt Family or could he possibly take a huskier form than before?? We shall see!!!

His daddy should've taught him the Write Off.

• Haha 1