3 minutes ago, Shadesofjoe said:

I have to disagree. While it's difficult for any Jason who is chasing a good Vanessa player, Jasons who run, have +shift, or +destruction (or some combination of two of those strengths) are in a much better position to prevail than a Jason who has both -shift and can't run. They can keep the pressure on and run her out of stamina, whereas there's always plenty of time to regen if J7 is chasing you. He can't catch up to you fast enough to make you keep sprinting (thus depleting your stamina) and he can't knock down the door fast enough to prevent you from regenerating most of it when you duck inside a house.

The only running Jason that has destruction is part 4 both +shift belong to zombie Jason's part 6 and 9

1 minute ago, Shadesofjoe said:

I have to disagree. While it's difficult for any Jason who is chasing a good Vanessa player, Jasons who run, have +shift, or +destruction (or some combination of two of those strengths) are in a much better position to prevail than a Jason who has both -shift and can't run. They can keep the pressure on and run her out of stamina, whereas there's always plenty of time to regen if J7 is chasing you. He can't catch up to you fast enough to make you keep sprinting (thus depleting your stamina) and he can't knock down the door fast enough to prevent you from regenerating most of it when you duck inside a house.

There is no Jason that can defeat a good group of counselors, barring mistakes or glitches. The difference between the Jasons is negligible at this point.  

We all know how Jason works on paper and in theory, but you have to play to understand. I'm only 1 second slower than part 8 when I break doors as part 7. 

He is technically "weaker" than the other ones but the majority of people way over exaggerate the differences between Jasons. It's not a scale of 1 - 10....it's more like 1 - 2. (meaning the division is in 10ths of a degree instead of a whole)

6 minutes ago, pioneer67fkd said:

The only running Jason that has destruction is part 4 both +shift belong to zombie Jason's part 6 and 9

Savini also has +shift and +destruction, which is the freaking worst to have to deal with as Vanessa.

As a longtime Vanessa main who has actually played this game competitively, all I can tell you is that the Jasons who scare me to death are Savini and J9.

J8 is just about as difficult because he has +destruction and a standard shift. A good J8 player is probably more scary to me than bad J6 or J9 player. But a good J6 player? That can almost be just as bad. That shift is nasty.

J4 to some degree can be tough if he tunnels me. Especially if it's late in the match and all the doors have already been knocked down. But he's not going to catch me on pure speed alone. I'd argue that J3 has a better loadout because it may only take two swings to get me crippled--at which point my speed stamina don't matter. But again, he has to get close enough to hit me.

J2, J5, J7? They aren't going to kill me because they wear me down. They might get in a lucky shift if there's a short distance between houses and I do a bad job of telegraphing which window I'm going to (which has happened more than once). But out in the open? No shot. They can't shift fast enough to catch me and I'm not even the best Vanessa player in my group. 

We all know how Jason works on paper and in theory, but you have to play to understand.

So you don't think I play?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pioneer67fkd said:

Because I actually use him regularly I take a bet and say most of the people saying he's so weak most likely have not used him in months

The combination of -shift, -traps and can't run made it extremely difficult to stop the car as well as wear down some of the speedier more stamina rich counselors like Vanessa.  Part 2's weaknesses were kind of offset by his ability to control objectives with his +traps and +morph. Part 4 can keep the pressure on with Can Run, weapon strength and Destruction. Part 7 had nothing to offset his major weaknesses.  As someone who plays Part 3 frequently, -stun isn't that much of a weakness.  It's certainly less of a weakness than -shift. Like Part 3, anyone who tries to stun Part 7 will now pay the price as Jason slashes back with weapon strength.  

Just now, Shadesofjoe said:

Savini also has +shift and +destruction, which is the freaking worst to have to deal with as Vanessa.

As a longtime Vanessa main who has actually played this game competitively, all I can tell you is that the Jasons who scare me to death are Savini and J9.

J8 is just about as difficult because he has +destruction and a standard shift. A good J8 player is probably more scary to me than bad J6 player. But a good J6 player? That can almost be just as bad. That shift is nasty.

J4 to some degree can be tough if he tunnels me. Especially if it's late in the match and all the doors have already been knocked down. But he's not going to catch me on pure speed alone. I'd argue that J3 has a better loadout because it may only take two swings to get me crippled--at which point my speed stamina don't matter. But again, he has to get close enough to hit me.

J2, J5, J7? They aren't going to kill me because they wear me down. They might get in a lucky shift if there's a short distance between houses and I do a bad job of telegraphing which window I'm going to (which has happened more than once). But out in the open? No shot. They can't shift fast enough to catch me and I'm not even the best Vanessa player in my group. 

Part 4 can do the same as part 3 as he also has weapon strength savini is exclusive so I don't count him and I'm pretty sure I have caught and killed you before as 7 but I could be mistaken 

I want to say here that I don't mean to give the impression that I'm the best player. I'm not. In fact that's kind of my point. I'm only an above average player and J7 isn't much of a threat. There are much better Vanessa players than me who, if you watch the games the play and the Jasons who go against them, can make you understand very quickly which Jasons are good and which aren't.

I'm pretty sure I have caught and killed you before as 7

You caught me as Part 4 because I telegraphed a window shift--which is totally fine. I got outplayed there.

You killed me as J7 last night because my health spray glitched and wouldn't work. I literally had three of them and was mashing square to no effect.

I wonder why they made pt7 so slow, yet he is the only Jason I've ever seen jump completely through a window and beat a counselor to a door

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

The combination of -shift, -traps and can't run made it extremely difficult to stop the car as well as wear down some of the speedier more stamina rich counselors like Vanessa.  Part 2's weaknesses were kind of offset by his ability to control objectives with his +traps and +morph. Part 4 can keep the pressure on with Can Run, weapon strength and Destruction. Part 7 had nothing to offset his major weaknesses.  As someone who plays Part 3 frequently, -stun isn't that much of a weakness.  It's certainly less of a weakness than -shift. Like Part 3, anyone who tries to stun Part 7 will now pay the price as Jason slashes back with weapon strength.  

Slashing does not matter when one hit can stun you exactly what happens to -stun Jason's and morph on part 2 does not offset minus shift being it's unreliable as hell and it's easier to stop car with 7 than 2 in my case

9 minutes ago, Shadesofjoe said:

I want to say here that I don't mean to give the impression that I'm the best player. I'm not. In fact that's kind of my point. I'm only an above average player and J7 isn't much of a threat. There are much better Vanessa players than me who, if you watch the games the play and the Jasons who go against them, can make you understand very quickly which Jasons are good and which aren't.

You caught me as Part 4 because I telegraphed a window shift--which is totally fine. I got outplayed there.

You killed me as J7 last night because my health spray glitched and wouldn't work. I literally had three of them and was mashing square to no effect.

That was alien as 6 I tried to help as Mitch but my statement on 7 stands

Yeah! Finally Part 7 Jason adjustments! And it was exactly what I was guessing it would be! Thanks, Shifty!

Edit: See this, @VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow Time for beer! rs

3 minutes ago, pioneer67fkd said:

Slashing does not matter when one hit can stun you exactly what happens to -stun Jason's and morph on part 2 does not offset minus shift being it's unreliable as hell and it's easier to stop car with 7 than 2 in my case

I find I get stunned just as easily when I'm Part 9 who has stun resistance, as I do when I'm Part 3 with -stun.  The only difference I see is maybe remaining stunned a few seconds longer with Part 3.  Not a big deal in my book.  As for Part 2, the idea with him is to not let them even start the car with all the traps he has plus the ability to check on the car more frequently with +morph.

with 3 traps and normal shift and not being able to run to close up gaps when godly, the 4-seater with a decent driver can get away a lot of the time still. +traps +sense +anything else would be just fine. Only 1 other jason has +traps so im actually wondering why another hasn't had it yet. Was thinking roy would get it as that would seem 'human' to have traps/knives/run *that would also be perfect for 2009 jason god willing if it ever happens* BUT this is a major improvement.

1 hour ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

@Thatguyinktown gets a reply but I don't? I might get all salty and join DorianRo now. 🤣

Thanks a lot, @ShiftySamurai

Want a response? Just give honest due criticism about something related to the way they handle "coming soon" content or call the devs out on something cruddy like how they teased uber jason as coming soon mid december knowing theyd be announcing in january that all upcoming content was delayed. Yea they said theyve been working on upgrade for a while so they for sure knew that they couldnt actually deliver jason x content "soon" but they teased it anyway most likely to rebuild hype and bring some fans back to the game. As much as i love the game and appreciate the devs hard work i gotta say they handled that situation poorly and its messed up of them for being less than honest and hyping fans just to let them down. But when i spoke of this on the forum i got immediate backlash, like i was being unreasonable, i think what i said hit to close to the truth and ruffled feathers. On twitter i asked if we could get even a teaser trailer or screenshots to hold us over and shifty replied saying uber wasnt coming out for a while so no point hyping him lol guess that rule didnt apply to virtual cabin 2.0 players!

Same thing happened when i said the reason roy unlocked at zero and the reason he is just like other jasons is cuz he was probably a paranoia exclusive but when it was cancelled they just threw him into main game without changing any mechanics even though he isnt jason. Like how sweater stuns him, he starts in shack, shotguns dont kill him he can stop cars he hears pamela etc etc, their given reason was hes convinced he really is jason, hes crazy! Lol but i brought up my notion that he was meant for paranoia so when that got cancelled they put him in the main game and thats why they hadnt changed any core mechanics for him and once again i get backlash even tho back in 2016 wes said theyd never add pamela because she was human and shift and morph and all that wouldnt make sense, yet roy can do all that because he is just that "crazy" lol i guess pamela is the poster child for clean mental health!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

I find I get stunned just as easily when I'm Part 9 who has stun resistance, as I do when I'm Part 3 with -stun.  The only difference I see is maybe remaining stunned a few seconds longer with Part 3.  Not a big deal in my book.  As for Part 2, the idea with him is to not let them even start the car with all the traps he has plus the ability to check on the car more frequently with +morph.

Traps are useless if you have medic and hypochodriac and as for stun resistance chain stunning happens easier if it's a minus and stunning is much harder if it's not a trait at all

Great news !! Now we can use him in quick play and private matches!!! Not just against bots!

1 hour ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

I might get all salty and join DorianRo now. 🤣

Nevermind. This guy took the spot on DorianRo's team........

9 minutes ago, uberXJoshua said:

Want a response? Just give honest due criticism about something related to the way they handle "coming soon" content or call the devs out on something cruddy like how they teased uber jason as coming soon mid december knowing theyd be announcing in january that all upcoming content was delayed. Yea they said theyve been working on upgrade for a while so they for sure knew that they couldnt actually deliver jason x content "soon" but they teased it anyway most likely to rebuild hype and bring some fans back to the game. As much as i love the game and appreciate the devs hard work i gotta say they handled that situation poorly and its messed up of them for being less than honest and hyping fans just to let them down. But when i spoke of this on the forum i got immediate backlash, like i was being unreasonable, i think what i said hit to close to the truth and ruffled feathers. On twitter i asked if we could get even a teaser trailer or screenshots to hold us over and shifty replied saying uber wasnt coming out for a while so no point hyping him lol guess that rule didnt apply to virtual cabin 2.0 players!

Same thing happened when i said the reason roy unlocked at zero and the reason he is just like other jasons is cuz he was probably a paranoia exclusive but when it was cancelled they just threw him into main game without changing any mechanics even though he isnt jason. Like how sweater stuns him, he starts in shack, shotguns dont kill him he can stop cars he hears pamela etc etc, their given reason was hes convinced he really is jason, hes crazy! Lol but i brought up my notion that he was meant for paranoia so when that got cancelled they put him in the main game and thats why they hadnt changed any core mechanics for him and once again i get backlash even tho back in 2016 wes said theyd never add pamela because she was human and shift and morph and all that wouldnt make sense, yet roy can do all that because he is just that "crazy" lol i guess pamela is the poster child for clean mental health!

#Salty

1 minute ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

1 minute ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

2 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Nevermind. This guy took the spot on DorianRo's team........

#Salty

Yea i agree they get salty when someone doesnt fall for their deception

Before you write back saying im the saltu one you were talking about reread my comment but with a sarcastic tone...

1 hour ago, Shadesofjoe said:

So you don't think I play?

I don't know, but I do know that you can play this game for 1000 hours and still be unaware of a lot of stuff. 

2 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

We’ve seen a ton of feedback for a while now about Part 7 Jason being “underpowered” or “weak”, and while we agree that maybe his stats aren’t the best to encourage play over some of the other Jasons, we are not planning a complete reworking of the character. 

Even though we aren’t completely reworking the character, we do believe that a couple of tweaks to this character’s strengths and weaknesses will make for a better play experience:

The following changes will be made to Part 7 Jason:

Change 1: We are replacing +Grip Strength with +Weapon Strength. This will help to make Jason’s slashes more harmful to counselors.

Change 2: We are replacing -Shift with -Stun. This change will allow for more mobility by Jason.

J7_rework.png

We believe that these changes will increase the viability of selecting Part 7 Jason.

All I can say is:

Thanks @ShiftySamurai for sharing this news.

The coolest looking Jason in the game, will now be some what decent to play with.

• Thanks 1

and please nerf this gayboy roy ! weapon and shift

Nice changes to part 7. I Myself may have given him +morph but +shift will suffice. Let's troll J7 as much as possible while we still can!

47 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

Haven't y'all learned yet you aren't gonna win an argument with that guy?  Lol.  Always a rebuttal. Blah blah blah.  

11 minutes ago, prodigy said:

and please nerf this gayboy roy !

Wait, is this canon? If so, does that mean he adopted Joey? Or maybe he was trying to fit in when he was younger and laid down with some ladies and got one pregnant. 

1 hour ago, Shadesofjoe said:

J8 is just about as difficult because he has +destruction and a standard shift. A good J8 player is probably more scary to me than bad J6 or J9 player. But a good J6 player? That can almost be just as bad. That shift is nasty.

Me when I’m part 6 Jason: