This is good to see.

Keep it up, guys. Hopefully the new engine update will get the game where it needs to go.

As I was saying to our tournament team, I expect this change to make J7 a mid-tier choice at best.

But more importantly, the new changes ensure, at the very least, that there's really no "bad" Jason anymore. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, pioneer67fkd said:

Why he was fine stun resistance is most terrible weakness I rather have -shift or minus throwing knives

I agree and negative traps is a bummer too still

• Thanks 1

Part seven with J3s weapon Strength? this is gonna be a game changer for j7,thank you @ShiftySamurai.While your hear is their anything else you wanna reveal for bonus ?

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, IVIalicious said:

Oh, it's beautiful... 

Goodbye teabagging Chads, :chadjunk:  hello mass dismemberment!. :JasonPt7:

It will happen more because of stun resistance but this is what you guys wanted who don't use part7

1 minute ago, ShiftySamurai said:

I don't care if people tag me. Just don't be disappointed if I don't respond.

Now I'm totally conflicted. I wanna be disappointed cause you won't respond........but this was a response to something I posted.

#DoingItAgain #WONDERFUL #Hashtag

5 hours ago, pioneer67fkd said:

Yes he was have you used him lately because I have he's better than 2,3and 5 right now  stun resistance will make him worse 

I can agree in part. I find his only true weakness (or at least what causes me the most trouble) is -Traps. Stun Resistance shouldn't be a problem because I've only been stunned once while blocking (I was stunned while in blocking stance) but that was a glitch or perfect bad timing.

Jason 7 tends to play a lot worse when you play as other Jasons for a while and switch over. Once someone gets used to his pace and stops repeating to themselves that he's limited, then results normalize. 

Weapon Strength is something I've been calling for and I'm happy to see it. I'd rather see regular Traps but regular Shift has always done me well. 

At least now it won't be a hopeless endeavor when I spawn with random jason as Part 7 on Crystal Lake Small.

Just now, WashingtonJones said:

Once someone gets used to his pace and stops repeating to themselves that he's limited, then results normalize. 

I can appreciate that maybe there is some confirmation bias in effect when it comes to playing mentality, but in terms of the metagame right now, J7 is severely hampered when having to deal with a well-perked Vanessa who know what they're doing. There's no other Jason that has the mobility weaknesses that J7 is currently hampered with. And in a meta where speed and stamina reign supreme among counselors, the least mobile Jason is, for all intents and purposes, the worst choice. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Now I'm totally conflicted. I wanna be disappointed cause you won't respond........but this was a response to something I posted.

#DoingItAgain #WONDERFUL #Hashtag

Rendering Bray Wyatt OBSOLETE made alot of people sad 😢 So you won't get as many replies as usual bro

3 minutes ago, Shadesofjoe said:

I can appreciate that maybe there is some confirmation bias in effect when it comes to playing mentality, but in terms of the metagame right now, J7 is severely hampered when having to deal with a well-perked Vanessa who know what they're doing. There's no other Jason that has the mobility weaknesses that J7 is currently hampered with. And in a meta where speed and stamina reign supreme among counselors, the least mobile Jason is, for all intents and purposes, the worst choice. 

J7 doesn't just have the worst mobility, he also has bad map control due to having fewer traps and no real strengths. Things like water speed and sense and grip strength, they are convenience features, not strengths. He's a Jason without any strengths but with the worst possible combination of weaknesses. He was scientifically designed to suck as much as possible, he literally couldn't be any worse. Maybe if you swapped his -traps with -morph, but I'm not even sure on that.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Shadesofjoe said:

As I was saying to our tournament team, I expect this change to make J7 a mid-tier choice at best.

But more importantly, the new changes ensure, at the very least, that there's really no "bad" Jason anymore. 

Joe as I say every time we play he already is did not need change 

2 minutes ago, ATrueVillain said:

Rendering Bray Wyatt OBSOLETE made alot of people sad 😢 So you won't get as many replies as usual bro

Worry NOT!! The Eater of Worlds may have disappeared from my Lake of Reincarnation...........but he shall reimurge anew!! He may still be Bray of the Wyatt Family or could he possibly take a huskier form than before?? We shall see!!!

4 minutes ago, pioneer67fkd said:

Joe as I say every time we play he already is did not need change 

I hate to say it, I'm afraid you're in the minority there.

2 minutes ago, The Gunslinger said:

Hopefully they can upgrade the engine quick. I CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY THE NEXT PATCH! 

I wanna like your post but I'm all out of reactions for the day!! #ChangeTheReactions @ShiftySamurai

18 minutes ago, Shadesofjoe said:

J7 is severely hampered when having to deal with a well-perked Vanessa who know what they're doing.

Every Jason would be severely hampered in that case. People either use J7 when they're new at the game or are so used to playing as other Jasons that they essentially give up when they play as him.

From personal experience, across a variety of counselor skill levels, I find that J7 rounds, round after round, are no worse than any other Jason.

2 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

I hate to say it, I'm afraid you're in the minority there.

Because I actually use him regularly I take a bet and say most of the people saying he's so weak most likely have not used him in months

Just now, WashingtonJones said:

Every Jason would be severely hampered in that case.

I have to disagree. While it's difficult for any Jason who is chasing a good Vanessa player, Jasons who run, have +shift, or +destruction (or some combination of two of those strengths) are in a much better position to prevail than a Jason who has both -shift and can't run. They can keep the pressure on and run her out of stamina, whereas there's always plenty of time to regen if J7 is chasing you. He can't catch up to you fast enough to make you keep sprinting (thus depleting your stamina) and he can't knock down the door fast enough to prevent you from regenerating most of it when you duck inside a house.

• Sad 1

This is a welcome change. Whenever a part 7 Jason entered a lobby it was all to common to have him rage quit. Hopefully this changes that.

normal shift and weapon strength is a good start.

Stun weakness sucks, but I’d take that over -defense anyday 

This is great news! I personally love part 7 because of the infamous machete, and his kills are of the most brutal. I especially love it when bugzy or adam are complain that I'm killing them. Thanks for keeping us in the know @ShiftySamurai!