We’ve seen a ton of feedback for a while now about Part 7 Jason being “underpowered” or “weak”, and while we agree that maybe his stats aren’t the best to encourage play over some of the other Jasons, we are not planning a complete reworking of the character. 

Even though we aren’t completely reworking the character, we do believe that a couple of tweaks to this character’s strengths and weaknesses will make for a better play experience:

The following changes will be made to Part 7 Jason:

Change 1: We are replacing +Grip Strength with +Weapon Strength. This will help to make Jason’s slashes more harmful to counselors.

Change 2: We are replacing -Shift with -Stun. This change will allow for more mobility by Jason.

J7_rework.png

We believe that these changes will increase the viability of selecting Part 7 Jason.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 22

9 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

We’ve seen a ton of feedback for a while now about Part 7 Jason being “underpowered” or “weak”, and while we agree that maybe his stats aren’t the best to encourage play over some of the other Jasons, we are not planning a complete reworking of the character. 

Even though we aren’t completely reworking the character, we do believe that a couple of tweaks to this character’s strengths and weaknesses will make for a better play experience:

The following changes will be made to Part 7 Jason:

Change 1: We are replacing +Grip Strength with +Weapon Strength. This will help to make Jason’s slashes more harmful to counselors.

Change 2: We are replacing -Shift with -Stun. This change will allow for more mobility by Jason.

J7_rework.png

We believe that these changes will increase the viability of selecting Part 7 Jason.

@ShiftySamurai THIS was needed. Now tell me this change will not cause some freaky glitch where Part 7 Jason gets stuck in Shift and we just feel like we are in a Sam Raimi movie. ?

• Haha 2

Yes, every weekly post that we have done are items that should be included in the next update unless something catastrophic happens.

• Like 2

Why he was fine stun resistance is most terrible weakness I rather have -shift or minus throwing knives

1 minute ago, pioneer67fkd said:

Why he was fine stun resistance is most terrible weakness I rather have -shift or minus throwing knives

I think you're the first person I've seen say "he was fine"... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I been waiting and hoping for this! Part 7 Jason is a beast in the film... But was much too tame on the game. Thank God. You guys made the best game ever and it is being fine tuned all the time. As a life-long Friday fan... I thank you all for all the hard work. ?

• Like 2

Just now, Stevenlfc123 said:

What about his water speed 

What about it?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, pioneer67fkd said:

No he wasn’t fine. There have been countless posts on this forum detailing, very specifically, why he wasn’t “fine”. 

I don’t think these changes go far enough, but giving him standard shift helps. His lack of mobility combined with his low reach weapon attack made him the least capable Jason. That’s somewhat lessened now.

47 minutes ago, Stevenlfc123 said:

What about his water speed 

It’s staying the same. 

Since everything stuns, being more resistance to stuns, doesn't seem like it do much.  Changes seem interesting. 

2 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Yes, every weekly post that we have done are items that should be included in the next update unless something catastrophic happens.

@Thatguyinktown gets a reply but I don't? I might get all salty and join DorianRo now. ?

Thanks a lot, @ShiftySamurai

• Haha 2

Just now, John Wick said:

No he wasn’t fine. There have been countless posts on this forum detailing, very specifically, why he wasn’t “fine”. 

I don’t think these changes go far enough, but giving him standard shift helps. His lack of mobility combined with his low reach weapon attack made him the least capable Jason. That’s somewhat lessened now. 

Yes he was have you used him lately because I have he's better than 2,3and 5 right now  stun resistance will make him worse 

2 minutes ago, pioneer67fkd said:

Yes he was have you used him lately because I have he's better than 2,3and 5 right now  stun resistance will make him worse 

Better than 3 and 5?  You must watch those cars like a HAWK

11 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

I tend not to assume anything unless explicitly stated...keeps me out of trouble ;)

With these changes, Part 7 will still be pretty low-tier, but he'll be perfectly viable against everything but coordinated level 150 Vanessa teams which no Jason can handle.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

I tend not to assume anything unless explicitly stated...keeps me out of trouble ;)

I'm gonna assume @ShiftySamurai don't like it when I tag him. #ShiftyAintBroken #MakeShiftyGreatAgain #ImAddingHashtagsCauseItsObnoxious

• Like 1