The mods can delete or merge this if need be, but I was playing a match as Tommy and everyone got pissed off at me saying I didn't kill Jason. They gave me an axe to use and I did not have Jason's mask. When Jason was stunned with the sweater, I was unable to kill him. To kill Jason, doesn' Tommy have to have the mask and a machete? 

You don't need the mask. You can kill him with axe or machete.

8 hours ago, steven_kale99 said:

Okay thanks,  apparently I did blow it. Not sure why it didn't work. Anyway,  thanks!

There are a ton of bugs that can occur with the Jason kill. Doing everything perfectly does not mean you will get it. Easily half of my attempts have bugged out and failed.

9 hours ago, steven_kale99 said:

The mods can delete or merge this if need be, but I was playing a match as Tommy and everyone got pissed off at me saying I didn't kill Jason. They gave me an axe to use and I did not have Jason's mask. When Jason was stunned with the sweater, I was unable to kill him. To kill Jason, doesn' Tommy have to have the mask and a machete? 

Was he on his knees and did the X prompt(or other system equivalent) pop up?

The Jason player could of resisted the sweater stun

11 hours ago, steven_kale99 said:

Okay thanks,  apparently I did blow it. Not sure why it didn't work. Anyway,  thanks!

There are some misconceptions when it comes to the Jason kill situation. Here it is step by step:

Step 1: Tommy is called and present

Step 2: Jason has been hit with weapons enough that his Mask comes off

Step 3: A female counselor must have the sweater from his cabin. If she is holding his mask, he will not get the notice that someone is in the cabin.

Step 4: Tommy must be holding a machete or Axe.

Step 5: The sweater wearing counselor must activate the sweater stun on Jason

Step 6: While Jason is in that stun, he must be hit with a BLUNT object to knock him to his knees. If tommy is holding an Axe, a hit from the axe will count as a Blunt Weapons strike. If Tommy or anyone else is holding a machete and they hit Jason at this point, Jason will NOT fall to his knees and the stun will be cancelled and your one shot at killing him is LOST.

Step 7: If Jason is on his knees and Tommy is wielding a machete or axe at this point, there should be a "use" prompt on Jason. If Tommy is able to hit the Use button at this point, it should trigger the cinematic that kills Jason and ends the round.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

There are some misconceptions when it comes to the Jason kill situation. Here it is step by step:

Step 1: Tommy is called and present

Step 2: Jason has been hit with weapons enough that his Mask comes off

Step 3: A female counselor must have the sweater from his cabin. If she is holding his mask, he will not get the notice that someone is in the cabin.

Step 4: Tommy must be holding a machete or Axe.

Step 5: The sweater wearing counselor must activate the sweater stun on Jason

Step 6: While Jason is in that stun, he must be hit with a BLUNT object to knock him to his knees. If tommy is holding an Axe, a hit from the axe will count as a Blunt Weapons strike. If Tommy or anyone else is holding a machete and they hit Jason at this point, Jason will NOT fall to his knees and the stun will be cancelled and your one shot at killing him is LOST.

Step 7: If Jason is on his knees and Tommy is wielding a machete or axe at this point, there should be a "use" prompt on Jason. If Tommy is able to hit the Use button at this point, it should trigger the cinematic that kills Jason and ends the round.

Nice tips in bold. Thanks!

2 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Nice tips in bold. Thanks!

No problem. Happy to help.

It should be noted that you CAN follow all that to a T, but you are not guaranteed to get the kill; Jason can break the stun before the blunt strike, A no-mic teammate can hit Jason with a machete, or the placement of everyone is shitty and it just doesn't work for whatever reason.

3 hours ago, Daneasaur said:

There are some misconceptions when it comes to the Jason kill situation. 

Indeed there are, such as #2 on your list.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Maxflier said:

What's wrong with it? Other than that 1 video, I have not seen him killed with the mask on. I'm pretty sure that was some kind of bug.

4 hours ago, Truth said:

What's wrong with it? Other than that 1 video, I have not seen him killed with the mask on. I'm pretty sure that was some kind of bug.

The problem as I see it is how it confuses people re: whether they can demask during the sweater stun. They should fix it so you can't, but for now that's the best way.

5 hours ago, Maxflier said:

That is a glitch. Jason IS SUPPOSED to require his mask being knocked off in order to be killed as that is in line with the climax of the movies where his mask is usually removed near the end.

Part 2: Sack cloth is removed after he is sliced in the shoulder.

Part 3: His mask is pulled off for a moment when he removes the noose.

Part 4: Mask is knocked off with a Machete

Part 5: Mask is removed upon death.

Part 7: Mask is exploded off.

Part 8: Takes it off himself after getting toxic sludge splashed on his face.