DorianRo

Is this a game based on Mic Communication or not?

10 hours ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Go ahead and give me the warning cause I can't be soft this time.

I think you won the day with that post lol

5 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

I tried to debate with him, but he is just a broken record.

He really is... His posts are mostly just copy+paste and change a few words...

11 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Can one of us give you some help or tips so you can quit bitching about this last patch?

We've all tried, nothing works with this kid...

• Thanks 2

I"m fairly certain that the game is actually based upon the cinematic exploits of a modern Lennie Small, who isn't trying to actually "kill" the counselors, but just wants to pet them like he did that puppy, or merely stroke their hair, like Curley's wife.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

" Iam sofa king wee todd did"

Hahahahahaaaaaa. I remember this from school. I used to write it in the boarders of homework assignments!!

I also wrote...."My Dixie Wrecked". Hahahahahaaaaaa

• Haha 1

Two weekends ago a random person and myself, still drunk from the night before, almost killed Jason in a QP lobby without ever saying a word. The only reason it didn’t happen is I forgot to press Y to activate the sweater after knocking Jason’s mask off. So things can get done easily with no mic as long as you’re not in a room with a bunch of window lickers and or a drunk me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cannon007 said:

Two weekends ago a random person and myself, still drunk from the night before, almost killed Jason in a QP lobby without ever saying a word. The only reason it didn’t happen is I forgot to press Y to activate the sweater after knocking Jason’s mask off. So things can get done easily with no mic as long as you’re not in a room with a bunch of window lickers and or a drunk me.

The problem is that DoritoRobes (or whatever his name is) IS a window licker........and window lickers complain about normal people who don't lick windows.

@DorianRo - I must say, both @BrokenFattHardy and @VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow make excellent points.

How in the WORLD would you suggest the devs implement "mandatory microphones"?? Are you expecting it to pop up an error message saying, "Warning: Microphone not detected. Please plug in microphone to continue"? How is a game supposed to be able to do that??

You're also suggesting that, with your "mandatory microphones" idea, the following types of people could no longer play this game:

• People who cannot (or choose not to) speak
  • Deaf people
  • People with social issues
  • People playing near a sleeping person
  • People who do not speak the same language

You're suggesting this:

You: "Hey, I installed the battery and the gas! Who has the keys to the four-seater?!"
Other: "Боюсь, я не понимаю, друг мой. Я русский, но из-за DorianRo я вынужден поговорить с вами!"

. . . is better than silence??

On another note, you're more than welcome to post whatever threads you like. But it would be nice to see the occasional positive thread. Unfortunately, as you can see, you've developed a bit of a reputation for total dissatisfaction with this game. I must ask: why do you continue to play it?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Unfortunately, as you can see, you've developed a bit of a reputation for total dissatisfaction with this game. I must ask: why do you continue to play it?

You did see the thing about window licking, right?? 

• Like 1

@NthnButAGoodTime Isnt excessive Trolling against rules? if so Dorian fits the mold well as the forum has given him answers and he refutes them with ridiculous ramblings spanning way too many threads and pages .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Other: "Боюсь, я не понимаю, друг мой. Я русский, но из-за DorianRo я вынужден поговорить с вами!"

Don't worry Cokey, I could translate. I surprised, with how many "stupid russians! play on your own severs!" or "why is there a russian in our game?" comments, that there would be russian words here. I still find it funny how you would take the time to go to google to make a point, if probably no one would understand, or look for the meaning. But back on track, I feel a mandatory microphone is QP would be ridiculous. This would make the 10 year olds, background noisers, and the ragers come out MORE. And I would prefer silence than another 10 year old making fun of my accent or telling Roy isn't jason. One time, one kid kept calling jason "Pamyla". It was funny, but his mic volume was WAY to loud.

4 minutes ago, BlitzBoy526 said:

making fun of my accent

What accent would that be?

Just now, Cokeyskunk said:

What accent would that be?

Russian. I was originally from Russia, but now living a "normal" life in Alaska.

4 minutes ago, BlitzBoy526 said:

Russian. I was originally from Russia, but now living a "normal" life in Alaska.

Ah, zdresvutyeh! I didn't know, but glad you could tell what I wrote.

Back to topic, I wonder if Dorian will respond to any of these. Oftentimes, people create a new thread, complaining about this or that -- and when someone shows them the error of their logic, you never hear from them again on that thread. Then, they just start a new one later and it goes all over again. 

cD79XdS.png

• Like 1

Yes. I've never considered spamming your flashlight as being a decent mode of communication considering how many people will do it and just to get your attention for nothing so it's pretty pointless. Also after the emote party pack the minimal communication use for emotes went out the window.

I'm trying to ease back into playing here and there and I've went over to playing QP just to break up the repetition but as everyone knows more often than not it's either no mics, blaring music, or squeakers so my mic stays unplugged now.

16 hours ago, DorianRo said:

Thing is if Mic communication wasn't so important to the game, you wouldn't have people kicking you out of PM lobbies then if you didn't have one.   So apparently, it is an important part of the game in order to effectively survive and escape Jason.  So why not make this mandatory for QP then 

Mic communication CAN be important, that does not mean it is always important. I play with several friends that have no mic in private matches and in quick play.... all excellent players and we can communicate just fine..... #Emotes Can Help. Many times they are the last survivor left... sometimes it is simply because Jason did not hear them talking when he was nearby and had no reason to hit sense and look around at that moment. Using a mic at the wrong time can be disastrous for any player.
       I also play with people that play music. Mute them if you don't like it....I mute them myself sometimes... sometimes not (I do like SOME of the music they play and some of the comedy routines as well)..... but you missed it being used as a tactic. Last night I got the fuse in and called the cops while Jason was in front of the phone house and didn't hear a thing... because he didn't mute the player he was chasing that had his music on. If Jason is close enough to someone playing music and does not mute them, he risks missing any and all warnings he gets of traps going off, missed repair checks, or even: "Jason! They have come for mommy!!" It is also used by the same people to distract Jason as being an "easy target" as they are not hard to find when playing their music, but they are excellent at juking Jason for long periods of time (lots of practice). Then suddenly the rest of us (even in quick play lobbies) have both cars going and are able to escape without the Jason player even knowing... if he forgets to look at his map.
       Also... the ring around the rosie thing is actually funny with the Benny Hill theme playing.... though it does get old..... God I feel old sometimes.
       Some of the rude players out there are not necessarily bad people either.... read: The Art of War. People make mistakes when they get angry and will give chase... which is exactly what that person wanted (not always, sometimes they are truly assholes). Psychological warfare tactics work.... even in video games. I have fallen for it myself many times, but generally I will mute these types of players because I don't want to listen to their crap. This is in no way advocating being rude to anyone...ever!!! I am just pointing out how SOME people use it as a workable tactic.

4 hours ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

I"m fairly certain that the game is actually based upon the cinematic exploits of a modern Lennie Small, who isn't trying to actually "kill" the counselors, but just wants to pet them like he did that puppy, or merely stroke their hair, like Curley's wife.

Lon Chaney Jr was awesome in that role! Also the luney tunes version was great... I use that line all the time when I hug and squeeze those bunny wabbits!!
    P.S.   I also call them "George".

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Lon Chaney Jr was awesome in that role! Also the luney tunes version was great... I use that line all the time when I hug and squeeze those bunny wabbits!!
    P.S.   I also call them "George".

Never seen the original version, just the 1992 version of Of Mice and Men with Gary Sinise as George and John Malkovich as Lenny.  Loved the Looney Tunes characters too. :)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

Never seen the original version, just the 1992 version of Of Mice and Men with Gary Sinise as George and John Malkovich as Lenny.  Loved the Looney Tunes characters too. :)

Ha!! I didn't even notice that I spelled Looney wrong until I came back and read your post!!
   The 1939 version with Burgess Meredith as George and Lon Chaney Jr. as Lenny was a great movie... but you have to be able to appreciate the classics for what they are. I know too many people that will not even watch a movie that was made before they were born. I also loved the remake, but the classic version will always have a place in my heart. The book was also a good read. Not big on dramas... but there are a few greats from years past.
    Lon Chaney Jr's best dramatic performance. He was quickly typecast into hulking monster types and horror movies because of his size and who his father was.

That would be a silly requirement cause: 1) it would alienate a lot of players that prefer to lone world stealth their way through surviving or had a headset that recently broke and haven't had a change to replace it yet.  2) players would just plug their headset in and not use it so it would be an arbitrary requirement with no way to adequately enforce. 

Unfortunately 90% of people using mics are squeakers or just blaring shity music so a mic requirement would be less than usless. 

2 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

Unfortunately 90% of people using mics are squeakers or just blaring shity music so a mic requirement would be less than usless. 

I've been running into the blaring shitty music a lot lately.. one dude just stood in main house with his music on the whole match. After I died trying to get car started I had to watch him stand there another 4 or 5 mins as he was the last player left and was positioned around the wall where Jason had to really search for him.. really annoying...

2 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Ha!! I didn't even notice that I spelled Looney wrong until I came back and read your post!!
   The 1939 version with Burgess Meredith as George and Lon Chaney Jr. as Lenny was a great movie... but you have to be able to appreciate the classics for what they are. I know too many people that will not even watch a movie that was made before they were born. I also loved the remake, but the classic version will always have a place in my heart. The book was also a good read. Not big on dramas... but there are a few greats from years past.
    Lon Chaney Jr's best dramatic performance. He was quickly typecast into hulking monster types and horror movies because of his size and who his father was.

I have a BS in communications, so as part of my college curriculum I took multiple film classes where all we did was watch old movies.  It was great. :)

1 minute ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I've been running into the blaring shitty music a lot lately.. one dude just stood in main house with his music on the whole match. After I died trying to get car started I had to watch him stand there another 4 or 5 mins as he was the last player left and was positioned around the wall where Jason had to really search for him.. really annoying...

I really hate those people.

Just now, Vaderspupil said:

I have a BS in communications, so as part of my college curriculum I took multiple film classes where all we did was watch old movies.  It was great. :)

What do you mean by BS ?:D