DorianRo

Is this a game based on Mic Communication or not?

If it is now a game (based on the latest patch)  based off primarily on communication on mics as the most effective way of surviving and/or killing Jason or escaping, wouldn't it behoove the developers to make the Mics MANDATORY then ?   Im sure I'll get the "you can communicate in other ways like Flipping your flashlight on and off" but is that going to be the most effective form of communication in lobbies where many are rookies or casual players who rarely play etc. who will just look at you then run the other way?    We all see how many QP lobbies with little to no mics hooked up and they run off in their own direction while Jason picks them off one by one most times in Random QP.    Sorry but I don't see the "flashing toggle" as relatively effective in defeating a competent Jason with group coordination.   Not with the upgrade they gave Jason this last patch. 

If you're trying to push the whole "Communicate with other counselors to escape or defeat Jason" then I think the only way to effectively enforce this is to make mics mandatory. (Kind of like I hear they do in Private Matches.  No Mic, you're out). 

If you're gonna push the "communication" aspect of the game to where Lone-Wolfing is a less effective form of success, than make the mics mandatory so EVERYONE in the Lobby has to work together on the mic

It's always been a game based primarily off communication, genius -- whether by mics, emotes, telepathy, light clicks, or funky hip movements.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Dr. Lecter said:

It's always been a game based primarily off communication, genius -- whether by mics, emotes, telepathy, light clicks, or funky hip movements.

Like what??? Dancing??  A real effective form of communication in beating a competent  Jason. I would say . 

Just now, DorianRo said:

Like what??? Dancing??  A real effective form of communication in beating a competent  Jason. I would say . 

The only reason to equate what's optimal with what should be mandatory, is having a room temperature IQ. So I'm confused why you would suggest that...oh, right. Nevermind!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thing is if Mic communication wasn't so important to the game, you wouldn't have people kicking you out of PM lobbies then if you didn't have one.   So apparently, it is an important part of the game in order to effectively survive and escape Jason.  So why not make this mandatory for QP then 

Communication is key in any multiplayer game, but we did fine for years without microphones. Yes it makes it super easy to just say what you need to communicate, but it's pretty easy to figure out that the guy flashing his light at the battery in front of the car wants you to out it in. And in QP if someone ignores that, there's a really good chance they are gonna ignore you telling them on voice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

Thing is if Mic communication wasn't so important to the game, you wouldn't have people kicking you out of PM lobbies then if you didn't have one.   So apparently, it is an important part of the game in order to effectively survive and escape Jason.  So why not make this mandatory for QP then 

By that logic, given how many forum members' private preference would be to not have to see anything you post, they should ban you outright from the public forums.

What most prefer as private preference is not what's publicly mandatory, though, as even your simple ass is well aware.

• Thanks 4

( @Kodiak no autocorrect fail this time!!)

Go ahead and give me the warning cause I can't be soft this time.)

@DorianRo What the fuck, man?? Is there ANYTHING about this game you like? Every fucking post & every fucking comment from you is a complaint about this game. "The devs need to blah, blah, blah", "The players are blah, blah, blah", "Jason is too blah, blah, blah", "I think it should be blah, blah, blah".........and now you think they need to make mics mandatory for gameplay?? Really?? Have you considered the reason why you get in rooms where people refuse to talk is simply because they don't want to talk to someone that's constantly whining? 

Let's consider the guys (or girls) who play late at night with their spouse sleeping in bed next to them. Should they be banned from playing too?

What about people who have a hearing disability or a bad speech impediment? We gonna ban them for not being able to communicate with you?

Jesus Christ on a rubber cross!! Quit complaining about EVERYTHING and start trying to appreciate SOMETHING.............or quit playing the game.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 2

If mics were mandatory, I’d stop playing the multiplayer portion.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DorianRo said:

If it is now a game (based on the latest patch)  based off primarily on communication on mics as the most effective way of surviving and/or killing Jason or escaping, wouldn't it behoove the developers to make the Mics MANDATORY then ?   Im sure I'll get the "you can communicate in other ways like Flipping your flashlight on and off" but is that going to be the most effective form of communication in lobbies where many are rookies or casual players who rarely play etc. who will just look at you then run the other way?    We all see how many QP lobbies with little to no mics hooked up and they run off in their own direction while Jason picks them off one by one most times in Random QP.    Sorry but I don't see the "flashing toggle" as relatively effective in defeating a competent Jason with group coordination.   Not with the upgrade they gave Jason this last patch. 

If you're trying to push the whole "Communicate with other counselors to escape or defeat Jason" then I think the only way to effectively enforce this is to make mics mandatory. (Kind of like I hear they do in Private Matches.  No Mic, you're out). 

If you're gonna push the "communication" aspect of the game to where Lone-Wolfing is a less effective form of success, than make the mics mandatory so EVERYONE in the Lobby has to work together on the mic

Dory, we've went through this song and dance already .Its been stated that their is other forms of communication to use besides mics .Plus whos the heck to say that many wont just mute other when they go in .YOU have fun playing against Squeakers and overall terrible people In general. In  all, you need to step up your game as you seem to either not pay attention to what others have backed up with proof or your clearly trolling us with Threads like this and others.:rolleyes:

I wouldnt say this game is based in primarily on communication, I have escaped many times without saying a single word with people who dont say a word too, Im just aware of the objetives, help them if its necessary and when I see someone is ready to escape I follow him lol, we protect us from Jason without even say nothing, its just common sense 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DorianRo said:

If it is now a game (based on the latest patch)  based off primarily on communication on mics as the most effective way of surviving and/or killing Jason or escaping, wouldn't it behoove the developers to make the Mics MANDATORY then ?

Making mics mandatory wouldn't necessarily force people to work together. Some people have mics and you can tell they are on, but they don't always communicate with them.

2 hours ago, AdmiralJT said:

Communication is key in any multiplayer game, but we did fine for years without microphones.

Those were some of the better years of gaming.

1 hour ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Let's consider the guys (or girls) who play late at night with their spouse sleeping in bed next to them. Should they be banned from playing too?

What about people who have a hearing disability or a bad speech impediment? We gonna ban them for not being able to communicate with you?

You bring up two very good instances. A good friend of mine isn't comfortable with using a mic for the reason of having a speech impediment.

1 hour ago, Grape said:

I think a lot of people might stop playing for the same reason.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Grape said:

Same.

I don't own a mic for Xbox nor am going to buy one just for one game

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Correct, I have 2 little kids, only have chance to play late at night and using a mic as a mandatory option would be a killer for the game for me. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Oh, what, do you suppose each time you log in you need to pass a mic check? "Speak into the microphone to prove you have one." Right.

There's gonna be some kind of visual prompt at the Main Menu.........

"Please repeat the following phrase....."

Hahahahahaaaaaa

9 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

There's gonna be some kind of visual prompt at the Main Menu.........

"Please repeat the following phrase....."

Hahahahahaaaaaa

"Half haste helps, but whole haste hinders."

"But whole. Buut whoole."

• Haha 1

Guys, it's obvious this dude is just trolling, or, even more unfortunately, fucking stupid. Didn't he challenge people to lone-wolf against him, then crawfish like a little bitch when members took him up on it? I would say let this thread, like all of his other whiny ones, just die. I tried to debate with him, but he is just a broken record. Don't feed the trolls. 

I'm sure if he ever played some of the old NES games, Alien Isolation, or Dark Souls, he would be in the fetal position in the corner of his room with ahem...stains on his Spongebob Pajamas.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Nah i don't wanna talk on my mic tbh. You always get that one person who rarely speaks but you can all kind of shit going on in the background or he's listening to shit music and i'm forced to mute him. 

Plus i don't want to be dragged into a coversation with little kids who are being annoying af. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, DorianRo said:

Communication is optional and just makes things easier..    You don't need mics to do objectives.

You can have a mic and still not do objectives.  You can have NO mic and still do objectives.

Lone Wolfing, the word you keep bringing up is just something that happens when you're 'alone'... doing objectives that no one else is focusing on.   

Example..  4-5 players are trying to get the 4 seater started while Jason goes after them, while one player is trying to fix the boat 'alone'.   

Again, if you think this game is going to be balanced around 1 vs 1 you're insane.  

• Like 3

Considering how many people troll chat that need to be muted, I wouldn't call it that useful. I join games with 1 or 2 friends in discord and just use that to work together.  I still use general chat to say important things, but there is a rare game, where I don't mute 2 to 4 people.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, carnage4u said:

Considering how many people troll chat that need to be muted, I wouldn't call it that useful. I join games with 1 or 2 friends in discord and just use that to work together.  I still use general chat to say important things, but there is a rare game, where I don't mute 2 to 4 people.

Holy Shit!! BAN Discord!! BAN players who use Discord!! BAN Roll-On!! (Really old people gonna get that last part. That's all I'm sayin. Hahahahahaaaaaa)

• Haha 2

I prefer to play with productive people that have mics.. Some can also be just down right hilarious and make for a really fun game. Others can be annoying as F and I can't click the mute button fast enough...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

"Half haste helps, but whole haste hinders."

"But whole. Buut whoole."

" Iam sofa king wee todd did"

11 hours ago, DorianRo said:

Did you read the full description of the people they are looking for? Like when it says mic required in LFG posts??

What platform do you play on? Can one of us give you some help or tips so you can quit bitching about this last patch?