NoOneK9503

Something is wrong with Part 4 and 5 Models

I talked with @bewareofbears about this and he said it was worth to create a topic about.

Something is really wrong with Part 4 and Part 5 models.

In every rainy match, J4 clothes never get wet and his bloody version's blood does not reflect the light. 

The same happens to J5 but only the blood's case.

@GunMedia_Ben, @ShiftySamurai @[IllFonic]Courier Look at this.

Examples:

Blood reflecting the light (Part 3):

CuBO4Hr.png

Blood not reflecting the light (Part 4):

QVlLK2u.png

Blood not reflecting the light but clothes are affected by the rain (Part 5):

59P0Ynd.png

1 minute ago, JasonLives86 said:

Interesting, I never really noticed this. Hopefully this can be fixed in a future patch.

Yeah, right? bears said Part 4 model textures actually looks rushed when compared to other Jasons. I think his statement has something to do with the model problems.

Posted (edited)

Update: Added better images for comparisons.

Edit: What do you think @Alkavian?

Edited by NoOneK9503

It's probably an oversight. Let Courier know and he can bring it up with the engineers programming the models.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Update: Added Bloody Part 5 problems to the list.

Since I have Jason set to random, I never get to see my bloody skins anyway. I'd rather them fix that first. Plus I'm on Xbox and still never see rain....

I've noticed this ever since I received the bloody skins for all the Jason's. Mostly it's a nitpicky thing but it's true that J4 and Roy's blood look offset and unfinished because of the light not reflecting properly.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NoOneK9503 said:

bloody version's blood does not reflect the light.

I've noticed this on ALL Jasons.  The biggest eyesore of this happening usually is when, playing on the Jarvis map, I go for a fireplace environmental kill.  With all the lighting in the house + the fireplaces glow, it confuses me when the blood looks like flat, dry, red spilled paint.  

1 minute ago, RustInPeace said:

I've noticed this on ALL Jasons.  The biggest eyesore of this happening usually is when, playing on the Jarvis map, I go for a fireplace environmental kill.  With all the lighting in the house + the fireplaces glow, it confuses me when the blood looks like flat, dry, red spilled paint.  

Are you sure? I have taken screenshots from almost all the Jasons and some reflect the light more than others. Part 6 for example, reflects the light of everything!

nI3RX3N.png

11 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

Are you sure? I have taken screenshots from almost all the Jasons and some reflect the light more than others. Part 6 for example, reflects the light of everything!

Yes, but that is just a random shot taken of him.  I gave a specific condition, which almost always catches my eye when it happens (Jarvis map, usually happens in the party house, fireplace kill...  Or maybe just the lighting in the house and not the fireplace).  Plus, did you take these, considering you are the one who doesn't own the game? (Not arguing, just asking) 

4 minutes ago, RustInPeace said:

Plus, did you take these, considering you are the one who doesn't own the game? (Not arguing, just asking) 

Paul Phoenix video.

I agree with this not happening with every Jason. But in this case, nope. Even the bonfire at 1:00 he shines.

15 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

This may be one of those things that depends on the platform. Like I said, we still don't even have rain online on Xbox.

• Like 1

Again, you're using other sources and NOT your own.  If I was actually playing right now, I would either screenshot or capture a quick video of what I mean.  It DOES happen, it HAS happened to Part 6 and Savini (most frequent I have seen it happen on them), and I don't know when his video was made, since this could have just come up within the last patch.  I'm not fighting with you, but can you see now why some people give you a hard time when you critique the game without actually owning it?  There are so many small bugs in the game, just because your few shots support your claim doesn't mean that is the case 100% of the time, just like how interaction prompts sometimes lock-up anyone (Jason or counselor), but not always.

1 minute ago, RustInPeace said:

Again, you're using other sources and NOT your own.

Your statement makes it look like it is easy to buy a console or a decent PC here in Brazil. My currency is worth 4 times less than a dollar and a PS4 costs around US$1.000. Did ya know that? It's not that I don't want to play the game. I CAN'T play it. It's so difficult for people like WashingtonJones to understand this?

You should be thankful for living in a developed country.

Really?  That's how it's going to be?  How am I supposed to know your life?  Why am I expected to sympathize with you?  I never attacked you, yet here we are, going on about your personal life, which I don't care, this isn't Facebook.  This is about a game I backed and support, that I play on an almost daily basis, and that I am a first-hand witness to when bugs do occur (and also report them as well, instead of creating a new thread for every one I come across).  You turned this into something I was trying to avoid, so this is the last post I'm making on this subject.

@RustInPeace Rust, I don't want want this to evolve into a flame war too. I just don't want you to ask why I can't play the game. It's something that I don't want to be attacked for and people still do it. And I haven't been attacked once by the others.

Let's forget what happened and move on, ok?

19 hours ago, NoOneK9503 said:

Something is really wrong with Part 4 and Part 5 models.

In every rainy match, J4 clothes never get wet and his bloody version's blood does not reflect the light. 

The same happens to J5 but only the blood's case.

We'll take a look into it and see what's going on, thanks!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NoOneK9503 said:

Your statement makes it look like it is easy to buy a console or a decent PC here in Brazil. My currency is worth 4 times less than a dollar and a PS4 costs around US$1.000. Did ya know that? It's not that I don't want to play the game. I CAN'T play it. It's so difficult for people like WashingtonJones to understand this?

You should be thankful for living in a developed country.

Do you own a computer, or do you make these posts on a mobile device? If you have a PC, you could play on Steam?

49 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Do you own a computer, or do you make these posts on a mobile device? If you have a PC, you could play on Steam?

Mobile device. And I own a notebook with a digital copy of the game.

However, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said I will never be able to play this game on a Notebook unless I play on a good, complete PC.

So, I have given up on this and I will try to buy a PS4 in July.

4 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

Mobile device. And I own a notebook with a digital copy of the game.

However, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said I will never be able to play this game on a Notebook unless I play on a good, complete PC.

So, I have given up on this and I will try to buy a PS4 in July.

Well, regardless of what @VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said, does it work on your notebook? Have you tried it?

2 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Well, regardless of what @VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said, does it work on your notebook? Have you tried it?

Yep. Even in Offline Bots, the lag was so extreme, that the controls barely responded :(

Edit: Thanks for asking in a polite way @Cokeyskunk I wish the others did this more often.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

Yep. Even in Offline Bots, the lag was so extreme, that the controls barely responded :(

Edit: Thanks for asking in a polite way @Cokeyskunk I wish the others did this more often.

Eh, fuhgeddabowdit . . . 

Wasn't there talk of starting a GoFundMe to help you with the PS4?

Just now, Cokeyskunk said:

Eh, fuhgeddabowdit . . . 

Wasn't there talk of starting a GoFundMe to help you with the PS4?

GoFundMe? What's this?