Sign in to follow this  
JasonLives86

Should running Jasons be able to sprint?

Maybe not a full on sprint, but his jog speed should certainly be increased. Jasons big legs should move him fowards over more ground than they currently do.

Guys, just had an idea of how they could do this. I know this might sound ridiculous, but bear with me. What if they made it to where jason jogs as he does now, but every couple seconds, he gets a very brief speed boost that puts him within grab range of the counselor, but it only lasts for a second or 2, then he goes back to his normal jog speed. Basically it's a back and forth speed change while he jogs if that makes sense. This would be good for both jason and the counselor. Jason, because it constantly gives him a chance to grab the counselor. The counselor, because since it's not a permanent speed boost, they still have a chance to get away. Thoughts?

On 3/23/2018 at 3:30 PM, JasonLives86 said:

:lol: yes that would be so awesome! Kind of like that scene in Halloween H20 where Lauries crawling under the tables while Michael Myers just flips them all out of the way.

Didn't Laurie also leap out of a hiding spot and straight up stabbed Michael until he fell, where he laid stunned on the ground until the police arrived? I don't see anyone asking for that to be added... :P

But in all seriousness, in regards to the OP I don't think Jason needs any additional Sprint speed, the counselors stamina turns to crap once fear takes over. If they want to add a brief Jason sprint away from a gang of chain stunning, tea bagging Chads, however...

I think Part 4 Jason should sprint and his sprint should replace his shift entirely,  just to give us a completely different play style for this Jason,  mainly because its something different,  and also because he sprinted like hell in the movie. 

Part 4 Jason = Sprint (with stamina bar) 

No shift for this Jason. 

2 hours ago, TheReaper666 said:

I think Part 4 Jason should sprint and his sprint should replace his shift entirely,  just to give us a completely different play style for this Jason,  mainly because its something different,  and also because he sprinted like hell in the movie. 

Part 4 Jason = Sprint (with stamina bar) 

No shift for this Jason. 

Trust me, it's going to be boring playing a Jason that doesn't have shift. Part of the fun factor for playing a killer is mastering the shift grabs. If you get good at it its pretty addicting.

Imagine if Vanessa was Jason and is trying to catch up to a fellow counselor. Regardless if it's effective or not, slowly catching up to everybody is no fun since there is no skill involved. 

Running Jasons have the advantage of catching up on the faster counselors. They don't need to sprint that's overkill, players should learn to wait for counselor stamina levels to drop. It would be very unfair on the slower counselors.

10 minutes ago, wombat said:

Running Jasons have the advantage of catching up on the faster counselors. They don't need to sprint that's overkill, players should learn to wait for counselor stamina levels to drop. It would be very unfair on the slower counselors.

That's a good point, and I agree sprinting would be too much. That was actually my second thought, tweaking the counselors speed. Whatever is done, it should be fair for both sides. Counselors should still be able to get away, but jason should still be able to grab them too. There should not be a constant short gap between Jason and the counselor. This is why I came up with my idea of how they could achieve this balance. (See my post above)