Slasher_Clone

What's going to be announced tomorrow

So I've been thinking about what could be announced tomorrow and I was wondering what you all thought about it. Anyone care to guess?

• Sad 1

This is based on them announcing stuff the past couple Thursdays.

If they want to keep any sort of mild hype between now and whenever they actually update the game. They will continue to provide updates every week until they come up to release.

What we know is coming.

1. Singleplayer challenges

2. Key binding

3. Weapon Swap

4. Jason selection

5. Perk update

6. Engine Upgrade

7. Roy green jumpsuit

What we know isn't coming.

1. New Jason

2. New Map

3. New Counselor

4. Dedicated servers

What we can speculate might be coming, but not confirmed.

1. New Part 7, but possibly the patch after

2. New clothing options for existing counselors, but not confirmed

3. 'Fixes' mostly due to the engine update

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@tyrant666 thank you for ensuring there is no false information spread, I feel without that post this thread would turn from speculation to misinformation very fast.

20 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

Didn't know anything was scheduled to be announced tomorrow.:huh:

2 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

What do you mean with tomorrow? As far I know devs haven't announced anything for tomorrow.

Nothing is scheduled, but based on past announcements, it's probably a safe bet to say Shifty we'll have something for us tomorrow. He's been pretty consistent with Thursdays.

If this is a wish list?

Engine update is ready and will be pushed out Monday

Dedicated servers for consoles are a week away

A new system that decides who comes back as Tommy

New kill packs for the Jason's that don't have them, and one for Roy

I'm 99.9999999998% certain none of that will be announced though. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Truth said:

I feel without that post this thread would turn from speculation to misinformation very fast.

Don't worry, it's coming

I’m hoping in the next update they’re going to include the new clothes unlockables between levels 101-150 that are missing. They said back in December they’d patch them in later on but who knows when that will be.. 

Also still praying for new private match toggle options like turning off teamkilling, selecting objective spawns, etc. 

Thanks @tyrant666, that is a very helpful list.

Just now, thatdudescott said:

It would be nice to get some kind of update on Retro Jason :/

This would be my hope as well, not necessarily that he will be in the upgrade update, but an image would rock. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

It would be nice to get some kind of update on Retro Jason :/

I agree. Though I seem to recall someone saying they dropped the NES Jason redesign due to the upcoming engine update and patch, I could be wrong though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AdmiralJT said:

I'm 99.9999999998% certain none of that will be announced though.

Sounds about right.

They're going to announce that they'll have an announcement "soon".

42 minutes ago, JasonLives86 said:

I agree. Though I seem to recall someone saying they dropped the NES Jason redesign due to the upcoming engine update and patch, I could be wrong though.

Maybe it's when they came out and said a lot of things in the pipeline were going on ice? I've been out of the loop because I just stopped giving the game/game's social media my time and energy so it's definitely possible they came out and just squashed the retro Jason revamp....

Which is absolutely insane because they first brought it up last August...

Retro Jason Update Announcement

They "had" plans,I guess.

• Like 2

Shifty's top priority's as follows:

1) Buggzy players will be banned from attempting to repair anything.

2) The almighty wooden stick can be thrown as a boomerang at Jason with counsellors unleashing their inner 'Crocodile Dundee'.

3) Jarvis House will get a shrubbery with a nice picket fence. Both Jason and counsellors can relax and admire the elderberry bushes and the sent of the rose garden.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In reality, I'd expect something similar to the last announcement. A minor change. The real question is how many more little updates will be announced before the 'big one' hits? I assume he will keep making a weekly announcement on something until the release date - even if its to say the release is X day next week.

• Haha 1

I'm guessing something counselor related. Lots of whining the last few weeks that "counselor mains" feel neglected. 

I would be a real happy camper to find out that Gun Media/Illfonic will do some meaningful changes to the repair/stealth/strength stats. Because as of right now the first two mentioned are irrevalent if you're good, and the third one can actually hurt you if the team is unable to demask Jason due to inexperience (he builds Rage faster the more damage you do).

10 hours ago, Thatguyinktown said:

They'll announce that Jason is actually just 3 kids stacked on top of each other to look like an adult.

I knew it!

• Haha 1

Lots of little things on the game twitter account in the last couple of days. It could be new emote pack, as they seem to be hard at work with mo-cap stuff. Not sure if that would appease the counselor mains or if it will be bundled with something little for Jason. All I know for sure is that this level of communication is good for the game. :D

I'm guessing a new clothing pack. On Monday Wes posted on Twitter that while most of the crew went to GDC for the week he stayed back to work on more clothing options for counselors.

5 hours ago, hu_soldier13 said:

I'm guessing a new clothing pack. On Monday Wes posted on Twitter that while most of the crew went to GDC for the week he stayed back to work on more clothing options for counselors.

Yeah we may be getting a Breakin and Breakin: Electric Boogoloo clothing pack.

Image result for breakin.

Image result for breakin

Image result for Breakin 2 Electric Boogaloo

The good thing with the title of this thread is that someday, they're actually going to announce something tomorrow.

The announcement has been made.  They are Tweaking part 7 Jason.  He's losing + Grip Strength and gaining + weapon strength.  He's also losing -shift and gaining -stun.