Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
NytmereZ

This game can’t handle rain

Recommended Posts

Simple as that, performance is even more pitiful in the rain, performing as Jason or a counselor, basic functions like opening up a door or climbing out a window are crap, this new engine can’t come fast enough

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, as bad as it is on pc, it's even worse on console (I played on ps4), and it already had frame rate issues without rain on that platform. :wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's the twist: F13 isn't a game...it's actually the world's most demanding GPU torture test, surpassing Furmark at max settings by a mile and making stuff like Firestrike or Timespy look like screen savers.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, this is a problem, and I'm hoping the engine update will fix or make it better. It is sad that I hope for no rain at the beginning of a match, because rain makes things more eerie, especially if there is thunder.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NytmereZ said:

Simple as that, performance is even more pitiful in the rain, performing as Jason or a counselor, basic functions like opening up a door or climbing out a window are crap, this new engine can’t come fast enough

That’s exactly why they took it off Xbox. Playing on Xbox with rain was like watching still shots. I enjoyed the visuals but the frame rate dips were too much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know guys, they did mention "game engine update" weeks ago. Let's see what happens then, yes?

Honestly though I never really notice these differences. Maybe it's because I'm a console peasant, but I've never noticed rain slowing down gameplay. IMO it sounds like PC players who blow up when they don't get their 60 fps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Here's the twist: F13 isn't a game...it's actually the world's most demanding GPU torture test, surpassing Furmark at max settings by a mile and making stuff like Firestrike or Timespy look like screen savers.

It does need updating, however if I play on medium settings, I get over 160fps on average with a GTX 1070 at 1080p. If I go to all epic, it varies between 40fps and 80fps. With a mixture of all the settings I like to have around 100fps or more. Max textures, lower effects(means less rain), less anti aliasing gets the best performance boost without sacrificing too much visual quality. Fullscreen windowed, Vsync off.

What performance are you getting, and your specs?

Also last week I got a 4k monitor and tested it with F13. F13 would still not display anything over 1080p, despite my having an actual 4k monitor. Had to send that monitor back for replacement since it had dead pixels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

It does need updating, however if I play on medium settings, I get over 160fps on average with a GTX 1070 at 1080p. If I go to all epic, it varies between 40fps and 80fps. With a mixture of all the settings I like to have around 100fps or more. Max textures, lower effects(means less rain), less anti aliasing gets the best performance boost without sacrificing too much visual quality. Fullscreen windowed, Vsync off.

What performance are you getting, and your specs?

Also last week I got a 4k monitor and tested it with F13. F13 would still not display anything over 1080p, despite my having an actual 4k monitor. Had to send that monitor back for replacement since it had dead pixels.

I'm pretty much locked at 100fps with Epic everything and 150% resolution scale, full screen gsynch on a 3440x1440 monitor (F13 seems to display 1440 just fine). What amuses me is the heat generated to do that, which as I've noted before is more than putting maxed-out Furmark on infinite loop.

I'm running a single loop with a 1080 Ti at 2050 mhz, and an i7-6850k at 4.3 ghz, under full waterblocks cooled by a 360x180mm radiator. Even running my AP182 rad fans at full tilt, in F13 my GPU temps sit at 49-51 degrees C with 21 degrees C ambient, and the CPU sits at about the same.

Nothing else makes that much heat. Maxed out Witcher 3 with hair works off? Max GPU temp is 35-37. Fallout 4 ultra everything with all the graphics mods I wanted? Max GPU temps 38-40. Maxed, full screen Furmark stress test after an hour? 44-45 C!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

I'm pretty much locked at 100fps with Epic everything and 150% resolution scale, full screen gsynch on a 3440x1440 monitor (F13 seems to display 1440 just fine). What amuses me is the heat generated to do that, which as I've noted before is more than putting maxed-out Furmark on infinite loop.

I'm running a single loop with a 1080 Ti at 2050 mhz, and an i7-6850k at 4.3 ghz, under full waterblocks cooled by a 360x180mm radiator. Even running my AP182 rad fans at full tilt, in F13 my GPU temps sit at 49-51 degrees C with 21 degrees C ambient, and the CPU sits at about the same.

Nothing else makes that much heat. Maxed out Witcher 3 with hair works off? Max GPU temp is 35-37. Fallout 4 ultra everything with all the graphics mods I wanted? Max GPU temps 38-40. Maxed, full screen Furmark stress test after an hour? 44-45 C!?

I don't measure my temperatures. I have a Zotac Amp! Extreme, it has a huge cooler and a side intake fan on the case blowing air directly on it. I've never heard it get really loud trying to cool itself.

When selecting resolutions, the game won't allow me to pick anything above 1080p. Is that the same for you? Wouldn't 150% scaling be the same as 1620p? And it doesn't look all that much different when I turn up the scaling. Maybe less jaggies, but otherwise everything else is the same, but has worse framerate, so I just keep it at 100%. Plus, I can't take screenshots over 1080p in size. And it doesn't change the resolution of the game menus. Like the character select screens, they stay the same as 1080p with no anti aliasing on the characters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

F13 lets me select full screen 3440x1440 as the game resolution. I'm down for a day or so to rebend the rad-->pump tubing, but will see if there's a way to confirm it's actually running above 1080p once I'm done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, NytmereZ said:

Simple as that, performance is even more pitiful in the rain, performing as Jason or a counselor, basic functions like opening up a door or climbing out a window are crap, this new engine can’t come fast enough

Are you a PC player? If so do you meet all the system game requirements? If so you probably want to even upgrade even more! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

Are you a PC player? If so do you meet all the system game requirements? If so you probably want to even upgrade even more! 

Ps4..... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah rain ruins my frame rate as well.

 

Really hoping the new engine will help with the problem as it makes the game have a lot more ambient eeriness to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If only PS4 were as fortunate as Xbox to have rain be removed altogether back in December. Here's to hoping the engine update fixes this issue among others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only time rain seems to bog down my frames (on Ps4) is when I'm actually the host. I know this is a common thing among the player base. Hopefully the new engine will fix things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...