Sign in to follow this  
Shadesofjoe

Friday the 13th: The League

This sounds interesting. I was just a few days ago talking about the tournament with some great players from this forum., and it got me thinking that it would be nice to play a team vs team challenge tournament or league. So, count me in! 

I'd say three Jason rounds per match- one with a teams designate, the other two from "groups" made by the team, and chosen by the opponent. Basically getting to mark your A Jason, and putting the rest of your team into B/C categories- wouldn't let one monster Jason carry teams, wouldn't let one team dust the first round and sleepwalk through the second half of the match.

1 hour ago, SDA said:

I'd say three Jason rounds per match- one with a teams designate, the other two from "groups" made by the team, and chosen by the opponent. Basically getting to mark your A Jason, and putting the rest of your team into B/C categories- wouldn't let one monster Jason carry teams, wouldn't let one team dust the first round and sleepwalk through the second half of the match.

Good Idea. Like the whole premise of this league/tournament. Would probably help revive some interest in the game

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SDA said:

Then you're talking about six total games. That's a bulky time commitment just for one match--especially a regular season match. A best-of-three format is appropriate for a championship match, or perhaps even semifinal matches, but it's hard to justify such a long match length for much else, imo.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Shadesofjoe said:

Then you're talking about six total games. That's a bulky time commitment just for one match--especially a regular season match. A best-of-three format is appropriate for a championship match, or perhaps even semifinal matches, but it's hard to justify such a long match length for much else, imo.

True. I like the best of 3 format for the "playoffs". But does the team itself get to pick its Jason, randomly selected, or the opposing team picks the Jason player? How about double counselors (2x vanessa for example) Or does the team have to be all different counselors? 

Just now, Mtk9210 said:

True. I like the best of 3 format for the "playoffs". But does the team itself get to pick its Jason, randomly selected, or the opposing team picks the Jason player? How about double counselors (2x vanessa for example) Or does the team have to be all different counselors? 

Each team picks their own Jason. It wouldn't really be a fair competition if it's totally random. You want each team putting forward the person they think is their best Jason. 

As for duplicate counselors, there is no restriction as of right now. I'm open to scenarios where teams who don't bring dupes get bonus points (within reason, probably nothing higher than 25-50 points) added to their score. 

2 minutes ago, Shadesofjoe said:

Yes, championship round best of three is perfect. Single match for the rest is good, Jason players play twice per round anyway. If it somehow were to end in a tie then have a second match for each team on the same map or come up with something else. But, best of three for the whole deal would take forever. That's potentially six games per round for Jason players.

1 hour ago, Shadesofjoe said:

Each team picks their own Jason. It wouldn't really be a fair competition if it's totally random. You want each team putting forward the person they think is their best Jason. 

As for duplicate counselors, there is no restriction as of right now. I'm open to scenarios where teams who don't bring dupes get bonus points (within reason, probably nothing higher than 25-50 points) added to their score. 

Well if you make this happen, I have a team that would definitely want in. Wouldn't mind doing what I can to help out either.

1 hour ago, Redrum138 said:

. If it somehow were to end in a tie then have a second match for each team on the same map or come up with something else. 

In terms of overall standings, right now I'm leaning toward a NHL-style system where a win is two points, a tie is one point, and a loss is zero points. This eliminates the need to deal with tiebreaker scenarios outside of the playoffs. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Shadesofjoe said:

In terms of overall standings, right now I'm leaning toward a NHL-style system where a win is two points, a tie is one point, and a loss is zero points. This eliminates the need to deal with tiebreaker scenarios outside of the playoffs. 

Oh, I like that! Very good!

I'd like to throw my name in the hat, for those that don't know who I am my gamer tag is luckisforlosersX.

So I'm gonna go ahead and get this out of the way. JuFred13 asked if I was interested in joining which I initially turned down. I'm slowly getting back into the game and @Redrum138 said I have a spot on his team if I wanted in.

My last private match was not a good one due to my own actions during the match (trolling, now let my crucifixion begin). It was obvious that I alienated a few of my online friends in doing this which is fine but before I attempt to join the league I wanted to find out if anyone is against me joining, especially those that are working on setting it up.

6 minutes ago, hu_soldier13 said:

My last private match was not a good one due to my own actions during the match (trolling, now let my crucifixion begin). It was obvious that I alienated a few of my online friends in doing this which is fine but before I attempt to join the league I wanted to find out if anyone is against me joining, especially those that are working on setting it up.

Well, if this is what I'm thinking it was, then you're right to be wary.  I had you on my list originally before you showed us all that you would tend to speed loot and leave doors wide open and other team detrimental actions and removed you for it.  I had since played a handful of games with you that showed some promise that your in-game actions have  changed for the better (although you still had a tendency to randomly leave the lobby with no word spoken).  Then, THAT private match happened, with you locking the keys in an inaccessible cabin...  Personally, I'm not going to deny you joining or outright refuse to play with you at all, but I WILL say you are not very reliable based on what you have shown.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RustInPeace said:

Well, if this is what I'm thinking it was, then you're right to be wary.  I had you on my list originally before you showed us all that you would tend to speed loot and leave doors wide open and other team detrimental actions and removed you for it.  I had since played a handful of games with you that showed some promise that your in-game actions have  changed for the better (although you still had a tendency to randomly leave the lobby with no word spoken).  Then, THAT private match happened, with you locking the keys in an inaccessible cabin...  Personally, I'm not going to deny you joining or outright refuse to play with you at all, but I WILL say you are not very reliable based on what you have shown.

Fair enough

24 minutes ago, hu_soldier13 said:

I'd like to throw my name in the hat, for those that don't know who I am my gamer tag is luckisforlosersX.

So I'm gonna go ahead and get this out of the way. JuFred13 asked if I was interested in joining which I initially turned down. I'm slowly getting back into the game and @Redrum138 said I have a spot on his team if I wanted in.

8 minutes ago, RustInPeace said:

I agree with Rust.  I used to enjoy playing with you, but your actions as of late changed that. Locking the keys in an inaccessible cabin was the last straw.  That is why I dropped you from my friends list.  I'm willing to give you another chance and re-friend you if you knock that shit off.  That includes team killing on purpose as well which you have been known to do(ie. Hufflepuff).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

I agree with Rust.  I used to enjoy playing with you, but your actions as of late changed that. Locking the keys in an inaccessible cabin was the last straw.  That is why I dropped you from my friends list.  I'm willing to give you another chance and re-friend you if you knock that shit off.  That includes team killing on purpose as well which you have been known to do(ie. Hufflepuff).

That's up to you, mostly I just wanted to get a general consensus on joining the league more than anything. I'm sure rules will be in place for league matches which will be followed.

I'm mainly of the opinion that having one set Jason, the best from each team- for every round will weight it immensely toward watching Jason dominant rounds. Maybe a pitching rotation setup, a sit out... anything so a team can't just load up on their individual Jason every single game and coast.

Personally, I hate the idea of turning f13 in competitive play.  I play it to hopefully unwind a bit.  But, good luck to you all.  If you ever wanna just play the game for what it is (a game) and have a little fun let me know.  I'd be happy to join a lobby.  But, I won't during competitive play.  

I'm happy for an occassional tourney. But, I wouldn't want my time on the game to become a "job" where every single week I'm required at set dates and times to practice and compete for hours on end and this becomes the bulk of my time on the game.

I don't mind doing the above for an occassional tournament. But I wouldn't want this to become a weekly expectation all year long.

A tournament thing can be a fun way to occassionally spruce up the formula. But I wouldn't want tournament play to become the new daily standard.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

Locking the keys in an inaccessible cabin was the last straw. 

I'm embarrassed to say I have done this before at packanack. Was looking for gas that said it was on map in that cabin. I didn't see so hopped out window to look outside.  Didn't see so went back around to go inside again and realized, fuck I locked that door and its the only way in. I no longer lock doors without a barrier, It just hurts the counselors..

1 hour ago, hu_soldier13 said:

I'm glad you came forward with this! We've had some good games, and a few bad ones. I'm glad I wasn't at packanack THAT night, but I know you did things that were very rude out of spite. Now, coming on here to face the music shows repentance. And, anyone who admits they were wrong and wants to make amends should be given that opportunity. As long as you can move past that night, and go back to being the team player I know you are. Then, you are welcome on any team of mine. That's just my opinion, I wasn't there that night. I can only speak for myself here, but it's my hope that some of the others will give you a shot at redemption.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

I'm glad you came forward with this! We've had some good games, and a few bad ones. I'm glad I wasn't at packanack THAT night, but I know you did things that were very rude out of spite. Now, coming on here to face the music shows repentance. And, anyone who admits they were wrong and wants to make amends should be given that opportunity. As long as you can move past that night, and go back to being the team player I know you are. Then, you are welcome on any team of mine. That's just my opinion, I wasn't there that night. I can only speak for myself here, but it's my hope that some of the others will give you a shot at redemption.

Much appreciated

1 hour ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I'm embarrassed to say I have done this before at packanack. Was looking for gas that said it was on map in that cabin. I didn't see so hopped out window to look outside.  Didn't see so went back around to go inside again and realized, fuck I locked that door and its the only way in. I no longer lock doors without a barrier, It just hurts the counselors..

It's one thing to accidentally do it. It's another to do it on purpose out of spite.