Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

tenor.gif?itemid=4680224

The Counselor Conquest tournament on PS4 is officially over.  After some intense fighting for survival (and stacking bodies) through Crystal Lake Small, to Packanack, then onwards to Higgins Haven, and the final face-off taking place on Pinehurst, the winning team is our very own neighborhood The Scream Team!  I would like to thank all of the other teams involved in the tournament for some nice games.  I would especially like to thank my team: @malloymk (our team capitan), @ikarikh, @Shadesofjoe, and some of our non-forum members, JuFred13, EspeXspe, joeh1134, with myself rounding out our team as our designated Jason.  VERY, VERY good games, you guys!!!  If anyone would like to know the teams we faced and the scores we/they got, just scroll down to check out both @malloymk and @Shadesofjoe with match rundowns and an image of the scorecard.

 

Edited by RustInPeace
Both @malloymk and @shadesofjoe have posted both the scorecard and a rundown of the matches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RustInPeace said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4680224

The Counselor Conquest tournament on PS4 is officially over.  After some intense fighting for survival (and stacking bodies) through Crystal Lake Small, to Packanack, then onwards to Higgins Haven, and the final face-off taking place on Pinehurst, the winning team is our very own neighborhood The Scream Team!  I would like to thank all of the other teams involved in the tournament for some nice games.  I would especially like to thank my team: @malloymk (our team capitan), @ikarikh, @Shadesofjoe, and some of our non-forum members, JuFred13, EspeXspe, joeh1134, with myself rounding out our team as our designated Jason.  VERY, VERY good games, you guys!!!  If anyone would like to know the teams we faced and the scores we/they got, the tagged members may have the info (or look for it on Facebook.... somewhere...  I don't personally use it).

 

Congrats! When I heard who was in the line up and you had agreed to play Jason I knew this would be the outcome. Good job to you, and your team! Watching some of the video of the games you guys played was awesome, and watching you slay the camp with Savini is a sight I've seen first hand quite a few times. Your Jason play against quality opponents is unrivalled at times, bet those other teams didn't know what hit em! And the level of coordination the team showed against the other Jason players must have driven them mad, good Job to all of you!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an image of the scorecard that was used, but the file size is too large, so I can't post it.  It was a very fun set-up, with counselors focused on getting objectives done while Jason tries stopping them.  My best as Jason against one team was having them ONLY call Tommy in (worth 13 points).  No car, no boat, no cops, not even the sweater was grabbed.  When it was our turn to go as counselors, the lowest score we got was around 4XX (can't remember the full number, but it was 400 something) with, I believe 848 was our highest.  That included calling Tommy, the cops, grabbing/using the sweater, and fixing and escaping in the car AND boat.  If there weren't rules against it, the matchups could have been streamed.  I forgot to change my capture time settings to 30 mins, so I don't have any matches saved, but maybe @malloymk or someone else possibly does.

Edit:  Kudos to @malloymk for giving an awesome rundown of the tournament below!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe I have Rust's best Jason performance saved. I'll try to figure out how to add those to YouTube and share as soon as possible. As far as the results. The first game was against a team named CKY and they scored in the low 100s and we finished around 450. The map was Crystal Lake Small. 

Next was Packanack Large against House of Pain and Rust devastated as Jason. 13 points. There was a slight controversy that their Tommy was glitched. I didn't see anything on my view, but either way at the point where he said it happened they only had three players left so even if they got the car going and escaped they wouldn't have beaten our score anyway. I think we finished with 468.

The next round was againt Death Curse (the tourney host's team) and Rust held them to 63 points at Higgins Large. We scored 868. That round @ikarikh filled in for jufred13. 

Jufred was back for the final at Pinehurst. Rust did his thing and held Camp Crystal Lake Cocksmen to 78 points. That is just points for Tommy getting called and getting the boat started. We finished with 463. It was satisfying.

I know it's already a long posts but I'll try to wrap it up with some thoughts about our team and the tourney set up.

My team kicked ass. @RustInPeace was phenomenal as Jason. I equate it to having a great goalie in hockey. You know most games he might let in just a goal or 2, so on the offensive portion of the game there was so little pressure to perform. In those last three games we had won the game within the first couple of minutes of our counselor round. Zero pressure. Also, Rust is a damn good counselor.

@Shadesofjoe ran as Vanessa and played well. We really didn't run into eachother that often which was to our advantage as I run as Vanessa too so we had runners all over the map.

JuFred13 played as Bugsy and was able to run and tank and get his shots in. He came back as Tommy in at least two matches and helped with the objectives as well.

Joeh1134 ran as Deb and obviously repaired well. Joeh is a good player and part of that is just that he has such good map knowledge that we never had that match where we couldn't find the gas or battery.

IkariKH filled in for Jufred in our semi-final match as his usual Adam. We had our highest score so obviously he was a big help. We kind of flubbed our chance at killing Jason that round, but by then the boat and car were gone so we had the match well wrapped up by then.

Last but not least was EspeXspe who runs Jenny. And she is easily the best Jenny that plays this game. Period. End of fucking story. She's probably the best counselor player as well, since she can kick ass as Fox and she's kited me for 8 minutes alone as Deb. She's a beast. She's also a damn good sack head Jason. Anyway, she would usually find herself near the phone and eating so much of Jason's time that we could get the other objectives done and of he left because the car was moving (10-4 is 9-7) boom. Cops called. 

Besides the individual attributes of the team being pretty high, we just played very well together. It was a blast.

As far as the tourney set up. The guy running it was on a team, which made us a bit nervous. That said, when we played against them there was no issue at all. Straight forward honest play. 

The prizes for the tourney were pretty nice. First place gets a trophy, a signed part 5 mask (i think...) And 6 $20 game stop gift cards. Second place was a signed mask, signed figurine, and 6 $10 game stop gift cards. Third place was some other memorabilia. There was no entry fee for playing so the fact that there were any prizes other than the thrill of victory was pretty damn cool. Props to Peter who ran the thing who donated everything.

The scoring was completely based on what objectives counselors could get done. I too could not post the sheet, but there were low scoring things like calling Tommy (13 points), point scored for just starting objectives (car, boat), getting and using the sweater, etc. There were definitely a few things on that score sheet that I would change, but overall it was well done. It certainly changes how you play compared to a regular private match game. For instance, you got 200 for escaping with the 4 seater alone and another 50 for each player that escaped in the car with you. However if the boat or 2 seater got out, then you got am additional 200 points. So in a normal private match, usually the 4 seater will try to scoop up other players at a risk of getting stopped. With this scoring format we usually just advised the drivers to get out. It played similar to a regular private match, but faster and games were shorter because the scoring did not reward surviving the night heavily. 

I know this was a novel. So sorry about that. But just wanted to offer my experience with this tourney. I know we were happy and thought it was fair. Some other teams may have some different opinions but I give the guy running it and the other admins some major props. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, malloymk said:

And 6 $20 game stop gift cards

Either I'm counting wrong or someone is getting screwed out of a gift card. What's up with that?

Congratulations on the win! Sounds like a pretty cool tournament, maybe we should have one here?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats, dude! I wished I could have seen it! 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Truth said:

Either I'm counting wrong or someone is getting screwed out of a gift card. What's up with that?

Congratulations on the win! Sounds like a pretty cool tournament, maybe we should have one here?

As team captain, I get the trophy so I'm going to give my giftcard away. That way everyone is getting something for contributing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Truth said:

Either I'm counting wrong or someone is getting screwed out of a gift card. What's up with that?

Congratulations on the win! Sounds like a pretty cool tournament, maybe we should have one here?

We're trying to come up with some basic rules for a league. So as we figure out more we'll let you know. Kind of a bad time of year for me since I referee lacrosse in the spring and won't be on nearly as much. Not sure when things will actually happen.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, malloymk said:

As team captain, I get the trophy so I'm going to give my giftcard away. That way everyone is getting something for contributing.

That's very nice of you.

 

6 minutes ago, malloymk said:

We're trying to come up with some basic rules for a league.

I was very curious how the tournament would work back when you first mentioned it. I couldn't really think of any way to keep score. I'd really like to see your scorecard/"rules" if you can find a way to post it. 

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be very many Xbox/PC players here, so it might be more difficult to really get a tournament going...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Truth said:

I was very curious how the tournament would work back when you first mentioned it. I couldn't really think of any way to keep score. I'd really like to see your scorecard/"rules" if you can find a way to post it.

i'll try to figure out a way to post it. Maybe if I have more time I'll just take the time to manually type it out here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, malloymk said:

i'll try to figure out a way to post it. Maybe if I have more time I'll just take the time to manually type it out here.

Well if it's a word document you could probably just copy and paste it. I'm guessing it's not though... That would be too easy lol

Edit: @malloymk@RustInPeace

Did Dorian ever take you up on that offer?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the scoring system that was used for those who would like a reference.

https://imgur.com/a/pzigO

@malloymk and I are looking at developing a PS4 league somewhat based on this scoring system, but we will make a few changes. I'd like to run an alpha and beta season over the summer to get feedback and work out the kinks. The eventual goal of the league will be to have entry fees, cash prizes, and perhaps sponsorships from horror-based properties like the upcoming rebooted Fangoria magazine and some of the conferences. But that will be some time down the road. For now I'm working on developing a more streamlined scoring system and finding a good web-based league manager we can use. 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Truth said:

Well if it's a word document you could probably just copy and paste it. I'm guessing it's not though... That would be too easy lol

Edit: @malloymk@RustInPeace

Did Dorian ever take you up on that offer?

I'll try to invite him soon. I sent him a friend request and I haven't checked to see if he accepted it yet or not. But if I'm on these next couple of days I'll see if he wants to play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, malloymk said:

I'll try to invite him soon. I sent him a friend request and I haven't checked to see if he accepted it yet or not. But if I'm on these next couple of days I'll see if he wants to play.

Please record that! I would love to see him get destroyed after all the "Jason is too OP" and "Jason players just want the game to be easy for them" comments.

Just be sure to kill him lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Truth said:

Please record that! I would love to see him get destroyed after all the "Jason is too OP" and "Jason players just want the game to be easy for them" comments.

Just be sure to kill him lol

His whole shtick though is that Jason is too OP "in QP" against uncoordinated counselors.  He doesn't want to go up against a well oiled machine in a private.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

His who shtick though is that Jason is too OP "in QP" against uncoordinated counselors.  He doesn't want to go up against a well oiled machine in a private.

Oh it won't be private, if he ever shows up I'm sure someone will record it and it'll be public imediately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

His who shtick though is that Jason is too OP "in QP" against uncoordinated counselors.  He doesn't want to go up against a well oiled machine in a private.

Well hopefully once he sees how much 1 person can distract him he will understand that 1 person is all it takes sometimes. I'm not expecting this to shut him up (although I'm hoping for it), I just want to see him get wrecked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Vaderspupil said:

I can now say I play with and against the  best of the best. :wub:

Right! Now I Don't feel so bad about my Jason play against those guys, such a HUGE difference playing against Vanessa's that can actually fix and having a coordinated team with everyone working together. I knew they would kill it against the other teams, plus having @RustInPeace  play Jason is kinda like having Patrick Roy in his prime. He just shut them down. Great work guys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Vaderspupil said:

His whole shtick though is that Jason is too OP "in QP" against uncoordinated counselors.  He doesn't want to go up against a well oiled machine in a private.

 

He isn't??? News to me....    Of course, against a coordinated team playing as  Jason is going to be difficult because the "one hit knockdown" rule  and chain stunning and Jason's "inconsistent defense"  while the gang up ensues and inability to grab two counselors together and smash their brains in 

 

In QP though? ROFLMAO its a freakin JOKE!!!  I can "Half ass" it and destroy   the "kiddy QP lobbies".  I don't even have to put in 90 percent focus to do it .  Lets just say it isn't like playing BattleToads on NES :rolleyes:


Destroying QP lobbies that don't work together, isn't much a "feat" now.  Against a coordinated team,  meh I could still land 4-5 kills.  QP, at least 7 kills every time.

 

I'll take anyone up on offer if they think they can kite me around in QP for 20 mins and SURVIVE all by their lonesome  :rolleyes:  playing "lone wolf" kiddy  QP with a bunch of QP schlubs 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All your constant bitching here, yet do you even play the game?  We've called you out and you never respond until days later, after everyone forgot about you.  You also have NOT accepted @malloymk's  friend request (just so he can get you into a room for your much requested match-up). Until you man up, accept his request, and actually play, no one cares what you think or say (which is the same, very basic knowledge of any online MP game: randoms usually DON'T follow directions such as players playing the Domination mode in CoD, yet playing like its TDM).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RustInPeace said:

Until you man up, accept his request, and actually play, no one cares what you think or say

I think it's about time he goes the way @Patriots1 did...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×