Reyezblood 03

The Pocket Knife Double Stun, And Taking Damge After A Stun

I’m not sure if there is a thread on this and yes, I’ve done a search. So, let’s talk about the double PK Stun, was this intended to be in the game or not? Cause this is game breaking, you can be stunned, take damage and even the Sweater, can be activated right after the stun. Jason, can also be stunned right after a bear trap stun, I think this is ridiculous, not that I use this but I’ve seen this happen on a daily basis. Do you guys think these bugs/exploits will be fixed in the up coming patch? If not then I guess I’ll have to deal with being double stunned, and there’s nothing I can do about it. 

Your issue has little to do with pocketknives, and there are plenty of threads about chain stunning.

Yeah man, I hate chain stunning. Really wish they'd do something about it, because honestly, it makes Jason look like a wimp I hate to say.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Truth said:

Your issue has little to do with pocketknives, and there are plenty of threads about chain stunning.

I don’t have “Chain Stunning” in my title. This is more related to taking Damage, after Stuns, and being double stunned after bear traps and pocket knifes. 

Just now, Reyezblood 03 said:

I don’t have “Chain Stunning” in my title. This more related to taking Damage, after Stuns, and being double stunned after bear traps and pocket knifes. 

Same thing... Pocketknives STUN you. Bear traps STUN you.

2 minutes ago, Truth said:

Same thing... Pocketknives STUN you. Bear traps STUN you.

But not over and over again. But a Counselor, can change that by Doubling, the stun, and there’s no way to prevent it. But yeah, what ever if this gets a lock then fine. Just was concerned about these bugs and if they will ever be fixed. 

Slashing takes priority if there are more than 2 counselors. Believe me, just chase them in combat stance and they will not even fight back.

The double/chain stun is the real issue. It is so easy to stun Jason, and then time the next stun, and with 2 or 3 players, the animations really make it trivial. Slashing as Jason can sometimes get you out of the trouble if the people aren't really good, but really good players will be attacking from different angles and behind and having timing down to near perfection.  

What I have to get over personally is ignoring the people laughing at the Jason player while they do it. The game mechanics makes it near impossible to avoid as Jason, but yet the players feel this makes them earn the right to just be assholes to the Jason player. I'm annoyed at them, even when I'm just another counselor.  I get that is a me thing, and being an jerk in an online game just comes with the territory, but i hate having to mute so many people every game.  They "might" say something useful for the game.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, carnage4u said:

The game mechanics makes it near impossible to avoid as Jason, but yet the players feel this makes them earn the right to just be assholes to the Jason player.

That's exactly why you should just ignore them. They think their cool because they took advantage of the fact that you can't do anything about it and made it worse by trying to rub it in your face. People like this are just compensating for other issues in their lives. They get a little ego trip by talking shit and trying to put you down. To me, it's just fueling the fire. I don't let it get to me but I make sure to put them back in their place. These are usually the same people that rage when you slash them and quit when they die. If they stay, they'll be sure to tell you how shitty you are as Jason and talk even more shit. Just remember that in the next match when you get the car started and you're picking people up. A small speed bump can really make you feel better.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Truth said:

That's exactly why you should just ignore them. They think their cool because they took advantage of the fact that you can't do anything about it and made it worse by trying to rub it in your face. People like this are just compensating for other issues in their lives. They get a little ego trip by talking shit and trying to put you down. To me, it's just fueling the fire. I don't let it get to me but I make sure to put them back in their place. These are usually the same people that rage when you slash them and quit when they die. If they stay, they'll be sure to tell you how shitty you are as Jason and talk even more shit. Just remember that in the next match when you get the car started and you're picking people up. A small speed bump can really make you feel better.

Amen to that brother!

21 hours ago, JasonLives86 said:

Yeah man, I hate chain stunning. Really wish they'd do something about it, because honestly, it makes Jason look like a wimp I hate to say.

You don't have to hate saying something that's completely true. Chain stunning DOES make Jason look like a wimp and needs to be addressed ASAP, because as we all know, JASON IS NO WIMP.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

You don't have to hate saying something that's completely true. Chain stunning DOES make Jason look like a wimp and needs to be addressed ASAP, because as we all know, JASON IS NO WIMP.

You got that right :lol: it just makes me sad that that's how it is at the moment.

I do get really salty when I'm up against a group of level 150 players who know the perfect timing to swing the baseball bat after I've been stunned either by a bear trap, firecracker or pocketknife. If they have the timing down it's impossible for you to avoid, you just have to take the double stun. I'm sure some players might see nothing wrong with this, might just argue it's part of the game but I do find it really annoying. Could easily be rectified if Jason is impervious to being stunned for two or three seconds after being stunned before.

1 hour ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Pocket knife chain stun needs to get gone, but stunning after stepping in a bear trap? I'm fine with that. You stepped in the trap after all, which you could have avoided.

With the all the duplicate threads by newbs, members that pretend that they play the game and comments like this, I think I'm start looking at Twitter from now on.

Jason can also take a clean hit after performing a kill.

He just needs 2-3 second window of invulnerability after removing pocket knife or performing a kill.  Counselors shouldn't be so bold when he is doing one or the other, but they are and I don't blame them.

On 3/20/2018 at 3:34 PM, JasonLives86 said:

Yeah it's very irritating that a counselor can just stand there in combat position and wait for the right moment for Jason to end his animation and stun him again. They shouldn't be able to do this until he can actually move and grab or slash. And even then there should be like a .5 to 1s delay before a counselor can stun him.

This one small thing will make a world of difference and salty counselors be damned.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, undrtkr said:

Yeah it's very irritating that a counselor can just stand there in combat position and wait for the right moment for Jason to end his animation and stun him again. They shouldn't be able to do this until he can actually move and grab or slash. And even then there should be like a .5 to 1s delay before a counselor can stun him.

This one small thing will make a world of difference and salty counselors be damned.

Yep, I agree Jason should have a very brief stun resistance after being stunned.

44 minutes ago, TADAARAIS said:

just use the pocket knife to fend off Jason.

Alright, now its really cemented that you are a troll .Take my advice folks of this thread and don't feed him further than I just did.

200w.gif

First off I don’t view a pocket knife as a stun. It’s totally different than a gang of counselors hitting Jason with bats and wrenches. With that said ...

Stunning Jason should have DR (diminishing returns)

Example: the first time Jason is stunned he takes the full stun duration. If Jason is stunned immediately after he takes half duration of the first stun, and after that half duration of the second stun, and so on and so on. Then after “X” amount of stuns Jason is immune to stuns till DR resets.

To keep it fair for the counselors have a full DR reset every 60 seconds, maybe less.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Gloved One said:

Alright, now its really cemented that you are a troll .Take my advice folks of this thread and don't feed him further than I just did.

200w.gif

i think your being to sensitive.

calling someone a troll just because they post things others dont agree with doesent really make them a troll.

i think your being to sensitive and irretable.

5 minutes ago, TADAARAIS said:

i think your being to sensitive.

calling someone a troll just because they post things others dont agree with doesent really make them a troll.

i think your being to sensitive and irretable.

200w.gif