Sign in to follow this  
UlfKarl

Remove from Jason the talk feature

Its very annoying to play a match and a wild talking Jason appears, they believe they are very funny, talking jokes, etc. They just ruin immersion, the talk ability is in the game only for counselors to help them to work together as a team, but why the hell Jason can talk if in the movies he never talked. Also by removing the talk feature to Jason players that would impact the Jason helpers and the stupid little group of friends that are always laughing with Jason and let them alive only for gain experience and because they are friends. I have read the devs saying that they want to make Jason more scarier, that would help a lot, why would I be scared of a f****** clown chasing me? 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

So mute him... Just because you don't like it doesn't mean nobody does.

Edit:

9 minutes ago, UlfKarl said:

Also by removing the talk feature to Jason players that would impact the Jason helpers and the stupid little group of friends that are always laughing with Jason and let them alive only for gain experience and because they are friends.

You would be very naive to believe that...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Truth said:

So mute him... Just because you don't like it doesn't mean nobody does.

Edit:

You would be very naive to believe that...

wtf, I dont want to mute people every time I join a match, explain me, what is the point of Jason talking in this game? 

I like that Jason can talk in game. It can create some fun conversations, reactions, jokes wisecracks, and an overall fun time, and less salt when dying. If you play a game for something other than a good time, what are you doing. Im not talking directly to you OP, but if Jason has a mic, try to reason or even role play if it gets you those extra prescious seconds of life. Yes, it is a f13 game, yes it ruins immersion, but have fun with other people in the lobby. And if you REALLY have a problem with this, MUTE THEM. it takes less time than saying "Jason, can you mute your mic? It ruins MY immersion." Make jokes with the jason, have fun, dont let immersion ruin the game for you. 

1 minute ago, BlitzBoy526 said:

I like that Jason can talk in game. It can create some fun conversations, reactions, jokes wisecracks, and an overall fun time, and less salt when dying. If you play a game for something other than a good time, what are you doing. Im not talking directly to you OP, but if Jason has a mic, try to reason or even role play if it gets you those extra prescious seconds of life. Yes, it is a f13 game, yes it ruins immersion, but have fun with other people in the lobby. And if you REALLY have a problem with this, MUTE THEM. it takes less time than saying "Jason, can you mute your mic? It ruins MY immersion." Make jokes with the jason, have fun, dont let immersion ruin the game for you. 

I do that, I like when people talk to Jason, but I dont like when Jason answers lol

2 minutes ago, UlfKarl said:

wtf, I dont want to mute people every time I join a match, explain me, what is the point of Jason talking in this game? 

Well another option is to put yourself in party chat. That way no one can ruin your immersion.

Again, just because you don't want to hear Jason, doesn't mean that everyone feels the same.

My best example of when Jason needs to talk: "hey I'm interaction locked, can someone please come hit me?"

Plus, even if they removed the ability for Jason to talk, people can still use various other means of communication to help Jason.

3 minutes ago, UlfKarl said:

I do that, I like when people talk to Jason, but I dont like when Jason answers lol

Other than squeakers who think other squeakers must be spared, Jason talking is more for messing with people, or just a good time. 

24 minutes ago, UlfKarl said:

If you cannot be bothered to take the two seconds it takes to mute the player you do not want to hear, then please... explain why someone else should do far more work to do it for you. There is also the simple point that others do not always feel the same as you. If I am playing Jason and have the interaction glitch, I am going to ask someone to smash me with a weapon to fix it, that would be very hard to do if the Jason player's mic was muted automatically for all players.... wouldn't it?
   Jason helpers will use third party chat or voice programs to talk anyway, this will do nothing to stop that.

4 hours ago, UlfKarl said:

I have read the devs saying that they want to make Jason more scarier, that would help a lot, why would I be scared of a f****** clown chasing me? 

Because, to some people, clowns are fucking scary!! There is even a listed phobia for it. I mean, look at John Wayne Gacy, or IT, or the Killer Klowns From Outer Space, or this freaking guy...

• Haha 1

Won't happen.  Too many players only play Jason or vasssstly prefer playing Jason and they'll wine and cry if they can't get their burns in when they kill people.  

To the person that said mute him - try going and doing a mute when Jason is near you.  

LOL i mute all the counselors 9/10 times because its either some underaged 13 year old kids who cant shut up or people constantly yapping and give your position away to jason.

I usually keep quiet as Jason, but due to the known Jason glitch (not being able to move, act, walk, use abilities at all) it can be helpful.

My last Jason game ended after 2 min being unable to do anything (as a.m.).

Via mic I was able to inform the near counselors about the status and asked them to come near and hit me. What one of them did and I was freed. I let him run and then the game was on again.

only other option would have been to rage quit (but then all other players would have had a bad feeling „like it happened again“ and the lobby would have been gone for me

for annoying Jasons (I only. Encountered a few who insult, burp, eat tacos, silly voices), I just mute them.

Just mute the Jason player...

Or enter party chat...

What would be the point in removing the Jason players chat privileges? What if the Jason player got locked into place due to a bug? You'd be fucked screwed without chat options for Jason.

Edited by Freddie Mercury
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, UlfKarl said:

...  It takes 1 second to mute the jason player..    Either do it, or don't.

2 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

...  It takes 1 second to mute the jason player..    Either do it, or don't.

But @HuDawg, it's SO much easier to just come here and tell them to remove it entirely...

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Freddie Mercury said:

Just mute the Jason player...

Or enter party chat...

What would be the point in removing the Jason players chat privileges? What if the Jason player got locked into place due to a bug? You'd be fucked screwed without chat options for Jason.

lol do you really spect people help you in QP if you are bugged and if you are Jason? that would work only in private matches

3 hours ago, Truth said:

But @HuDawg, it's SO much easier to just come here and tell them to remove it entirely...

if I am the only one who mute Jason that doesnt solve the problem, Jason must be silent for EVERYONE, this is not about me only, this is a game mechanic at least in QP matches should be implemented, if you want to talk with your friend Jason just make a private match, just like they removed team damage and team killing in QP

Jason must be silent for EVERYONE,

So far, you're the only one here claiming this is an issue...

you really spect people help you in QP if you are bugged and if you are Jason? that would work only in private matches

I do it every time I see it. You're an ass if you just leave him there knowing he can't do anything.

10 minutes ago, UlfKarl said:

lol do you really spect people help you in QP if you are bugged and if you are Jason? 

Its called human decency. I promise that SOMEBODY will help you, unless there's a seven man group a assholes. Or just promise a squeaker that they will be spared, then tunnel them :lol:

13 minutes ago, Truth said:

So far, you're the only one here claiming this is an issue...

I do it every time I see it. You're an ass if you just leave him there knowing he can't do anything.

QP is so toxic that the only thing that matters is save yourself, if Jason is bugged is the opportunity to live and run, everyone knows that

and I have seen people claiming the same about Jason shouldnt talk, Im not the only one, maybe they  just left the game

1 minute ago, UlfKarl said:

and I have seen people claiming the same about Jason shouldnt talk, Im not the only one, maybe they  just left the game

Or they just understand the mute function and all its glory...

2 minutes ago, BlitzBoy526 said:

Its called human decency. I promise that SOMEBODY will help you, unless there's a seven man group a assholes. Or just promise a squeaker that they will be spared, then tunnel them :lol:

the only thing people would do if they find out you are bugged, will be laught at you and bully you, it is useless for Jason to talk

Just now, UlfKarl said:

the only thing people would do if they find out you are bugged, will be laught at you and bully you, it is useless for Jason to talk

No it isn't. Every time I have asked someone to help me, they do. some have rejected me, but there is always that one person that helps. There was one man left, and I told him "GG, im bugged and can't get in the cabin." And you know what he did? He climbed out the window and smacked me with a bat. I wanted to let him live because he was a nice guy, but he wanted a fiar fight, and we fought it out, Tommy v Jason. I won the fight, of course, but we laughed about it for another couple rounds. F13TG has one the most nicest community in my experience, and I come from the early days of siege. Yes there are trolls, and yes there are dickheads, and there are people who preach the word of momma voorhees, telling you how to play, but screw them. I'm sorry if you were laughed at, but people should and will help you if you ask nicely. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BlitzBoy526 said:

No it isn't. Every time I have asked someone to help me, they do. some have rejected me, but there is always that one person that helps. There was one man left, and I told him "GG, im bugged and can't get in the cabin." And you know what he did? He climbed out the window and smacked me with a bat. I wanted to let him live because he was a nice guy, but he wanted a fiar fight, and we fought it out, Tommy v Jason. I won the fight, of course, but we laughed about it for another couple rounds. F13TG has one the most nicest community in my experience, and I come from the early days of siege. Yes there are trolls, and yes there are dickheads, and there are people who preach the word of momma voorhees, telling you how to play, but screw them. I'm sorry if you were laughed at, but people should and will help you if you ask nicely.

I have to agree here. There's plenty of shitheads in this game, but there are even more decent people. I've always helped bugged Jasons and I've always been helped when I was bugged.

• Like 1

On 20/03/2018 at 5:48 PM, UlfKarl said:

lol do you really spect people help you in QP if you are bugged and if you are Jason? that would work only in private matches

if I am the only one who mute Jason that doesnt solve the problem, Jason must be silent for EVERYONE, this is not about me only, this is a game mechanic at least in QP matches should be implemented, if you want to talk with your friend Jason just make a private match, just like they removed team damage and team killing in QP

Well if i got locked into place while playing as Jason in QP, I'd ask for help. And if they don't help me, well. Then I'd just leave.. Problem solved.

I've got no problem losin xp. I'm already max level, so.. It Wouldn't affect me at all.

But this has yet to happen to me, everytime I've asked someone for help when i was stuck, they helped me. Not everybody who plays QP are dickheads.

So, that being said. I still stand by my point, don't want to hear the Jason player talking? Then mute them or enter party chat...

• Like 1