The Gunslinger

Jason's grab cannot be dodged in combat stance

40 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

You people are making a serious error in thinking combat is supposed he a real strategy in this game. You're not supposed to fight Jason directly. You're supposed to run and only fight as a last resort.

Yes, you should be at a disadvantage against Jason, but not to the point that counselors ability to fight is entirely negated by certain mechanics. I'm not asking for counselors to be kung fu masters, just not be like Shaquille O'neal fighting a group of 8-year olds.

@bewareofbears What I hope is that the new grab animation does the opposite of the current grab. The current grab "sucks" the counselor to Jason's hand. I hope the new grab moves Jason towards the counselor without "sucking" them to himself in an unrealistic and deceiving way. I also hope that Jason's new grab can be interrupted part-way through the animation. I think the current one has Jason invulnerable for the duration of the grab animation if it happens to actually grab someone. From what I see it's like as soon as the counselor "pops" to his hand, he's invulnerable until he finishes lifting them up. At least that's what it seems like.

Trying to describe what I see, it's like, as soon as Jason presses the grab button, if a counselor is in that zone, Jason cannot be stopped until that animation finishes. I want the new grab to push Jason's character model forward so that HE "pops" to THEM without them magnetically sucking to him, and not be invincible during that animation.

6 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

the whole side dodge shenanigans only work on not mashing jasons

same reason you cant side dodge a grab after an interrupt against a grabspamming jason"

That is what I suspected.  Funny that it can work on actually some Jason's won't grab since they are time it rather than just mashing.  I get away with it a lot, but on more .... um... basic Jasons that will just spam it I'll get grabbed :(.

5 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

On the console controllers I see that the left and right buttons on the D-Pad have no function. Those could easily become the target switch buttons.

Dammit, I hate it when people make so much sense.

5 hours ago, Dolemite said:

You people are making a serious error in thinking combat is supposed he a real strategy in this game. You're not supposed to fight Jason directly. You're supposed to run and only fight as a last resort.

See above.

• Like 1

@VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

I have to disagree with being able to interrupt the grab animation. I think that would basically nerf the grab into the ground and encourage further chain-stunning. Only well-seasoned players would have a chance against an organized group and even then they would be at a constant disadvantage.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

I have to disagree with being able to interrupt the grab animation. I think that would basically nerf the grab into the ground and encourage further chain-stunning. Only well-seasoned players would have a chance against an organized group and even then they would be at a constant disadvantage.

Agreed! Imagine being up against a group of three. When you see an opening and try the grab, someone hits you from behind. Then they hit you more, and more...The grab is good with no interrupting, as is you grab and possibly eat a PK before someone hits you. At least taking that PK out of the equation, or maybe you get lucky and can move away for a kill. The grab can be avoided with misdirection, and patience. If they changed it to be interuptable, Jason would be at a severe disadvantage, and chain stunning would be even more prevalent.

1 hour ago, bewareofbears said:

What about this: The grab can be interrupted, as in it can be canceled when hit, but he can't be stunned if he's hit within those animation frames.

@VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow Can I ask you why are you proposing this addition? It doesn't feel necessary at all.

And the other users are right. This encourages further chain-stunning. It is definitely not what we need. Adding more properties to the grab is not the solution to the game's current problems. I prefer to stick with that video you did a while ago about adding new weapon attacks to Jason (with one of them being used to separate groups of counselors).

11 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Shaquille O'neal fighting a group of 8-year olds.

That is a fantastic visual, lol.

3 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Agreed 100%.

15 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I think the current one has Jason invulnerable for the duration of the grab animation if it happens to actually grab someone. From what I see it's like as soon as the counselor "pops" to his hand, he's invulnerable until he finishes lifting them up. At least that's what it seems like.

It's the opposite. The grab lift animation is your only opportunity to interrupt / grab save, because once that is done, the Jason presses Choke and the counselor is dead. Alternatively he will just walk out of range with the counselor, as Jason can only move after the lift animation.

*There is currently a bug where Jason can grab a counselor and skip the lift animation entirely / instantly walk, hence it being dubbed "instawalk", but this is a random occurrence and will be fixed for next patch.

On 3/19/2018 at 2:50 AM, The Gunslinger said:

After this patch, Jason grab range was slightly increased. Now Jason can grab you when you dodge backwards. Most of the guys gonna say that "why you dodge? RUN YOU FOOL!". Running is not the problem. The problem is you get grabbed after you dodge. Jason made 120 degree turn and grabbed me while there was a gap between me and him. I hit him dodge immediately backwards and Jason became a Jedi and force grabbed me. I agree that Jason needs a buff but you guys buffed him the wrong way. The countless times that Jason killed used an exploit and I arrived here and open a thread how embrassing this is.

Yep.  One of the reasons why playing Jason has become such a CAKEWALK.     Jason needed a buff but not an "insane" buff to where you can only exploit the true issues with the game under "Group Counselor" bullying.   If Jason finally gets buffed to a point to where Counselors can't chain stun him or bully up on him, the game will essentially be "unplayable".  It almost is at the moment in Random QP at least. 

The swing itself is like slow motion buillshit too to where Jason can easily grab you in the middle of it aside from being able to grab DURING your dodge. .  When Jason becomes too easy even for 8 year olds, you got a balance problem with your game.  They basically dumbed gameplay down too much for Jason,

Jason only real weakness is against a coordinated group of counselors.  But as we have all seen plenty of times, Counselors RARELY work together in random QP so its easy as hell. 

Th main problem with this game is a LACK of  healthy distribution of challenge for ALL involved.   Many of us have kept stressing "balance" but it appears this game will NEVER truly have any.  Its sad because the game itself had some bad ass potential but unfortunately the gameplay has always been flawed one way or the other 

And no one better say  it aint easy being in Jason because thats utter BS.  And if you can't wipe out at least 6/8 every time than you TRULY suck at the game.  I can wipe out at least 4/5 against Bully/Expedited objective players,  even a dunsky should be able to wipe out just as many in a Random Kiddy QP lobby 

@DorianRo at this point I would just recommend uninstalling the game because you evidently have no clue.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

On 3/19/2018 at 2:13 PM, Dr. Lecter said:

I can explain it to you (and have)...I cannot understand it for you.

LOL Sure - just as soon as they make Jason able to avoid stuns for 1-2 seconds just by blocking the air. 

Don’t forget that 3 second safety bubble that is still there for counselors climbing in windows.... yes I’ve counted 3 fucking seconds before the prompt comes up, they need to switch that back to launch version... nobody complained 

22 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

Don’t forget that 3 second safety bubble that is still there for counselors climbing in windows.... yes I’ve counted 3 fucking seconds before the prompt comes up, they need to switch that back to launch version... nobody complained 

Throw knife or smash the window in combat stance. You don't need the prompt ever. 

Ill be posting a video on this but basically windows are very easy damage for Jason. Firstly, you can easily interrupt a counselor climbing with either knife or slash, resetting their animation leaving them back outside.

Secondly, if they dive through an open window, smash the glass on them (20% damage) then throw knife once they are standing out of animation (30%). This equals 50% dmg which = crippled counselor. The timing for the knife is important but it will be explained in the guide.

Yeah, window breaking can be done without using or waiting for the prompt. If you stay further back and swing at the window before the prompt shows, Jason does a free swing animation that will break it just like how the mechanics worked before they added the prompt. How far you stand back depends on the weapon type since the swings are different.

@Loading which is why it's easier just quickly entering combat stance to do it. Also heavy / overhead attack may be required which can't be done outside of CS.

8 hours ago, DorianRo said:

Derp. Derp Derp. Derpity Derp. Derp. 

Jason should have the advantage in battle. Period. 

11 hours ago, DorianRo said:

The main problem with this game is a LACK of  healthy distribution of challenge for ALL involved.   Many of us have kept stressing "balance" but it appears this game will NEVER truly have any.  

Many of us?    You know you saying the same thing over and over doesn't equal to 'many of us'.

Infact many of us, have been telling you that you're wrong.