GeneiJin

Selfish play in QP that annoys you.

When you set your weapon down for 10 seconds to set a bear trap or fix an objective part and someone swoops by to take your weapon... Pretty sure this is why nobody really volunteers to fix objective parts when they're holding a shotgun.

• Like 2

I watched a Tiffany player the other day grab the fuse and gas the other day and then run and hide in a hiding spot for the entire match while Jason killed everyone.  I had already disarmed the trap at the fuse box and the car wasn't trapped at all, yet Tiffany would not come out of her hiding spot to complete the objectives or even drop the items so someone else could grab them and actually do something with them.  It was even worse that while she was hiding the whole game, Tommy spawned in and ran to a tent and also hid the entire game while Jason killed everyone.  The only thing that annoys me as much as a Tommy that hides the entire game is a Tommy that comes back and escapes immediately alone without helping any other players.  

On 2018-04-05 at 1:57 PM, silencedeffect said:

When you set your weapon down for 10 seconds to set a bear trap or fix an objective part and someone swoops by to take your weapon... Pretty sure this is why nobody really volunteers to fix objective parts when they're holding a shotgun.

Although I'm guilty of grabbing the weapon at an objective, I generally do it to protect the fixer. 

This is why I believe they need to add a way to sheath your weapon. Then I could bring my own, the fixer can sheath theirs and the drawers can have more items.

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/17192-more-interactable-thingies/?page=3&tab=comments#comment-268565

Page 2 I believe. 

On 3/19/2018 at 1:26 AM, Max Walker said:

Cocky Vanessa players annoy me, they act like they have some skill when using the most OP counselor in the game. The strategy for me is I put just enough pressure on them to keep them from being effective if not completely ignoring them for the most part. I rarely use Vanessa but when I do...I always live/escape and it is a constant reminder of how freakishly OP she is.  Nerf Vanessa, Buff Jenny Gunmedia ffs. However with that being said....people who sabotage the car or boat after you've fixed it that also annoys me.

I really don't think Jenny needs buffed. She is my main and I don't have any issues with her. I also don't necessarily believe that Vanessa is overpowered. I don't play as her because her composure sucks. Her stealth is low but it's sort of a throwaway stat because it becomes useless partway throughout the match. My point though is I value composure and believe it is one of the most crucial stats. With 10/10, Jenny's stamina pool regenerates quickly (and I pair her with an epic Restful perk, which makes it even faster), coupled with the fact that her high luck generates even more stamina regeneration for successful hits on Jason. I can't stand low composure counselors. Having a black screen and losing your mini-map is no fun (and I don't want to waste a slot with the Preparedness perk.) It is extremely difficult to get a black screen with Jenny.

I could go on, but I my argument is pretty clear. I believe both counselors fit a specific playstyle, and I don't believe one needs buffed or one needs nerfed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Matt23leo said:

I watched a Tiffany player the other day grab the fuse and gas the other day and then run and hide in a hiding spot for the entire match while Jason killed everyone.  I had already disarmed the trap at the fuse box and the car wasn't trapped at all, yet Tiffany would not come out of her hiding spot to complete the objectives or even drop the items so someone else could grab them and actually do something with them.  It was even worse that while she was hiding the whole game, Tommy spawned in and ran to a tent and also hid the entire game while Jason killed everyone.  The only thing that annoys me as much as a Tommy that hides the entire game is a Tommy that comes back and escapes immediately alone without helping any other players.  

i would just quit the game if someone did that and i was using AJ...Kids ruin this game.

3 hours ago, Matt23leo said:

Most systems have a "Share" or "Report" feature where you can capture the last 15 minutes of the game and submit it to the devs for review.

Behavior like that will get them banned from the game. We need to start weeding these people out.

The only three things that bother me in this game revolve around teaming up with Jason, holding on to vital parts and killing others counselors with the car. 

This isn't so much selfish as idiotic. A Bugzy took a battery that was by one car, all the way to the other side of the map to the other car, even though the battery was in the house next to it. And another idiot took the gas from one car that was dropped by someone who was probably a weak fixer, and they ran to the opposite end of the map and died. If you aren't going to repair something, don't take it from the objective and make it a risky chore for someone to have to run it back. When they could have repaired it while Jason was chasing you. 9/10 times Jason will morph if he hears them mess up so you could've survived longer had you left things where they were. Now you're dead and an objective is unfinished.

On 3/20/2018 at 4:23 AM, Nougat said:

A simple fix is adding two timers. One for when the cops first arrive (5 minutes) and a proximity timer of 10 seconds when you are close enough to the exit.

This is the one 'dick move' I am guilty of. If you are at the police exit wasting everyone else's time, you're getting ran over for the sake of getting to the next match in a timely manner.

The second timer is a perfect solution, but I suggest that the timer should be thirty seconds to a minute, and that those players should be marked once they enter the proximity, that way they can’t cheat the system by leaving and reentering thereby restarting the timer. The reason why the timer should be longer is for wounded players that enter the proximity but don’t actually have the speed to make it to the exit within 10 seconds and escape legitimately. 

I tank a trap so the deb w the battery or fuse can install it. Jason morphs over and I stun him. Deb runs inside with. I tell them it's safe, I've got their back, and worst case scenario they can run away while he's crushing my skull since I'm the one fighting. Stun him again. And again. They never come out :(. It makes me sad every time they pull a Lambert.

If you're a repair character, the only time you matter is when Jason's nearby. Anyone can repair if he's not there!! I'd take a brave shelly (yes, shelly) over a pussy deb 

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 9:01 AM, Vaderspupil said:

Leaving cabin doors unbarricaded.  I see this from time to time in private matches too.  Speed looters go through a cabin like the Tasmanian Devil, emptying all the drawers looking for pocket knives and health sprays while leaving objective parts behind and leaving the cabin doors wide open.  It's a good way to get your fellow counselors killed if they are trying to flee from Jason when he's hot on their heels.  You jump through the window and before you can get up, he waltzes right through the open front door and snuffs the life out of you. :angry:

this. always this. 

also I hate the people who lock the non barricade doors in the main house on packanack if i need to buy some time for the team by looping Jason and i can't, i'm more than a little miffed.

18 hours ago, disco romance said:

I really don't think Jenny needs buffed. She is my main and I don't have any issues with her. I also don't necessarily believe that Vanessa is overpowered. I don't play as her because her composure sucks. Her stealth is low but it's sort of a throwaway stat because it becomes useless partway throughout the match. My point though is I value composure and believe it is one of the most crucial stats. With 10/10, Jenny's stamina pool regenerates quickly (and I pair her with an epic Restful perk, which makes it even faster), coupled with the fact that her high luck generates even more stamina regeneration for successful hits on Jason. I can't stand low composure counselors. Having a black screen and losing your mini-map is no fun (and I don't want to waste a slot with the Preparedness perk.) It is extremely difficult to get a black screen with Jenny.

I could go on, but I my argument is pretty clear. I believe both counselors fit a specific playstyle, and I don't believe one needs buffed or one needs nerfed.

I'd face a team of Jenny's any day, any time, any place over a team of Vanessas.  There are a few respectable Jenny players out there don't get me wrong but only a few. When I see a game of japanese/korean players who have selected Vanessa...I know more than likely it's going to be annoying to face them. However if I see them on Jenny I know there is no contest because Jenny just doesn't have the speed despite her amazing composure. Jenny is my favorite counselor without a doubt next to AJ but if I wanna stomp out a Jason player who is decent I pick Vanessa because of her speed/stamina/luck. I respect your opinion but fundamentally disagree with you.

1 hour ago, Max Walker said:

I'd face a team of Jenny's any day, any time, any place over a team of Vanessas.  There are a few respectable Jenny players out there don't get me wrong but only a few. When I see a game of japanese/korean players who have selected Vanessa...I know more than likely it's going to be annoying to face them. However if I see them on Jenny I know there is no contest because Jenny just doesn't have the speed despite her amazing composure. Jenny is my favorite counselor without a doubt next to AJ but if I wanna stomp out a Jason player who is decent I pick Vanessa because of her speed/stamina/luck. I respect your opinion but fundamentally disagree with you.

Vanessa is the best, no question, but not as much as people like to say.  I do disagree with Jenny, she doesn't really need the buffs,   Once overcome the speed shortcomings, along with great luck, she remains the most consistent counselor around Jason (stamina regen, no stumbling).   If you're good at stalling, Jason will likely leave for an objective or tire of you and search for easier prey before her compose falters.

15 hours ago, Max Walker said:

You also make a very valid point. Jenny is not for beginners and requires a better understanding of the game to excel as her (which is why you either see really good Jenny's or really bad Jenny's.)

Just saw a Jenny run from one end of the map to the other as the last survivor and she was able to continuously stun Jason and made it all the way to the police with him hot on her tail.

Last night we got the four seater fixed and when I was on my way to pick up the keys that had been dropped on the map, the Fox player who had dropped them waited till I got close and picked them back up. She then left through a window and I was thinking, cool, she sees that the car is ready and wants to drive, no biggie. Then when I went to follow her out the window, she turned around and shut it on me and started jogging away from the car. So, she was attempting to damn us all and let us all die first before escaping herself. Meanwhile, one of my friends found the other set of keys, got the car started and came over to where we were to pick me up. Fox tried to get in too, but we returned the favor and left her, leaving her as the last player alive. She kited Jason for several minutes, burning through med sprays and pocket knives, and then when she was finally outta tricks and Jason grabbed her, she left the game lol smh. 

People like that are why I don’t even bother to play in quick play without at least a couple of my friends.  

Stop rolling perks when you’re in a full lobby that’s waiting for you to ready up. Stop lying to yourself; you’re not going to roll anything interesting anyway.

• Like 1

With how PATHETIC 95 percent of QP lobbies are and too stupid to even go for objectives in a timely manner, you have to be selfish if you want to survive.  You're playing with CRAPPY teams 9 times out of 10.   These are the same idiots that hold on to Gas/Batteries and run right past the car, or take the Phone fuse and run right past the phone.   If I get the  car I bounce especially if I have to repair everything AND find the keys.   Im not waiting for random QP  idiots. 

1. Somebody swinging at me for no reason

2. Someone that pushes me into a trap

3. Someone leading Jason towards me (although that's me sometimes)

4. Someone that blocks me from entering a cabin if the Jason is a slasher and I'm on my last hit

5. A repairer not doing their job (I see lots of Debs swinging at Jason and trying to be a Bugzsy for no damn reason)

6. When a counselor and Jason are teaming

7. Someone closing windows then jumping through them like an idiot

yup

I continue to campaign for the return of friendly fire. If someone wants to keep the fuse to help Jason, I’d rather just kill the shit out of them and take it. 

The salt mines are coming anyway. The true asshats will be in their own lobbies. I don’t mind taking a few grains of salt for the greater good.

Only a couple things.

1. People who don't close doors let alone be bothered to lock them. 

2. People who don't bother to pick up objective items, let alone shuttle them over to an objective. 

Things Jasons do that annoys me, but shouldn't, wasting traps on objective items on the ground.  i.e. someone is carrying the gas over to the car and gets killed by Jason and said Jason then decides to waste a trap on the item seeing you can pick it up without standing in the trap. 

Here are my top 5 pet peeves in a QP match.

1. The last player drags out a match just to stun Jason 40 or 50 times, rather than escaping once the opportunity presents itself.

2. Players talking like they are the best thing since sliced bread. They talk a good game, get killed early, and spend the rest of the match whining because the match isn't over so they can try to rinse and repeat, with the same result.

3. Players with very poor leadership skills trying to call themselves coordinating a team like they spent time as a Navy Seal. Their plan fails, and the rest of the match is spent blaming anyone who is not them for the failure.

4. Players that don't help out the team, yet demand that someone give them a pocketknife or med spray just so they can feel safe.

5. Players telling Jason who to kill instead of them. The Jason on the other end of the controller / keyboard is smart enough to figure that out.