Caliph

Jason Coming to DbD?

E642A25254962E2BC4751E0614B77273AC62911B

If it's a forgery it's a damn good one.

It looks like the Jason from mkx. Not sure I'd believe it.  More likely the creeper from jeepers creepers will be next. 

Posted (edited)

Damn it! I would love if Jason appeared in Dbd!

Edited by NoOneK9503
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, SteveChristy said:

That image of him standing on the right side was lifted straight from Mortal Kombat X.

Could it be that is the cheapest and/or available license?

Or perhaps being used as a filler image to avoid disclosing the final?

The rest of the post, perks and avatar frame, looks super authentic. 

1 hour ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

More likely the creeper from jeepers creepers will be next. 

I'm hoping for Pinhead to be added.

I don't see them adding Jason at all. With the huge success of the F13 game, along with the fact that there is a clear rivalry between the F13 game and DBD, it just wouldn't make sense to add him, and if they did, I'll bet there'd be some controversy. And I'll go a step further and say this.. let's not kid ourselves, there's no way DBD would do Jason justice, being in a first person perspective, unable to see yourself as Jason, and no film inspired kills, just a basic machete slash, come on. Don't take this as me knocking DBD, as I do play it every once in a while, and enjoy playing as Michael Myers, but Jason just simply wouldn't be a good fit for DBD in my opinion.

I'll put it this way: do you guys seriously see Jason putting people on meathooks instead of just outright murdering them on sight? Because that reallllly does not sound at all like Jason Voorhees.

They likely won't put Jason in DBD. Like mentioned earlier there's clear competition beween DBD and FF13, so I wouldn't count on seeing Jason there.

No that looks way too photoshopped to be real. I don't think they can even gain the license honestly someone correct me if I'm wrong.

The image is fake. (Shout out to MKX Jason in the top right)

He'll probably be in DbD eventually though.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Trident77 said:

I'll put it this way: do you guys seriously see Jason putting people on meathooks instead of just outright murdering them on sight? Because that reallllly does not sound at all like Jason Voorhees.

Did you ever see Michael or Freddy do it? Freddy might be more inclined to do so as a creative kill, but more than likely not. The only "licensed" killer in DbD that ever used meathooks was Leatherface, than the original trapper in DbD was an outright copy of him before they even had the rights to use Junior Sawyer. Any iconic cinematic killer is going to be underutilized in DbD. Michael, Freddy, Leatherface, Pinhead...etc should all have their own games. I don't care too much for Dead by Daylight anymore, the gameplay got kind of stale for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trident77 said:

They likely won't put Jason in DBD. Like mentioned earlier there's clear competition beween DBD and FF13, so I wouldn't count on seeing Jason there.

The killers put survivors on hooks to please the entity. That's the whole point lol. It wouldn't seem weird to me because that's what Dbd is about. The killers are trapped within the realm of the entity and are tasked with sacrificing survivors. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JasonLives86 said:

I don't see them adding Jason at all. With the huge success of the F13 game, along with the fact that there is a clear rivalry between the F13 game and DBD, it just wouldn't make sense to add him, and if they did, I'll bet there'd be some controversy. And I'll go a step further and say this.. let's not kid ourselves, there's no way DBD would do Jason justice, being in a first person perspective, unable to see yourself as Jason, and no film inspired kills, just a basic machete slash, come on. Don't take this as me knocking DBD, as I do play it every once in a while, and enjoy playing as Michael Myers, but Jason just simply wouldn't be a good fit for DBD in my opinion.

Ehh. DBD has a stronger player base and count, hopefully the new engine and dedicated servers help the game. Jason doesn’t make sense in DBD, but it does at the same time with the entity. 

8 hours ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

It looks like the Jason from mkx. Not sure I'd believe it.  More likely the creeper from jeepers creepers will be next. 

If Jason appears in Dead by Daylight, his appearance will be similar to what was in Mortal Kombat X as that's what those respective owners have the rights to.

8 hours ago, SteveChristy said:

That image of him standing on the right side was lifted straight from Mortal Kombat X.

Does look like it.

8 hours ago, NoOneK9503 said:

Ditto.

6 hours ago, Trident77 said:

I think it's possible.

I've accepted the style of gameplay for Dead by Daylight. Jason being fit into it wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

6 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

He'll probably be in DbD eventually thoughu

Agreed.

4 hours ago, TiffanyxAJ said:

The killers put survivors on hooks to please the entity. That's the whole point lol. It wouldn't seem weird to me because that's what Dbd is about. The killers are trapped within the realm of the entity and are tasked with sacrificing survivors. 

This.

From a legal perspective, most licensing agreements in the industry (gaming) have a built-in exclusivity clause, granting the licensee exclusive use of the IP within a given context.  If the license to use the F13 IP didn't have such a clause in it, then that's a practically inexcusable lapse by whomever negotiated the terms on the studio's side.

If Jason ends up in DbD, a direct competitor to F13 within the same genre no less, then someone needs to seriously reevaluate their life choices because it's a mistake far more egregious than falling victim to one of the Classic Blunders.

That said, I can guarantee that this is fake.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

From a legal perspective, most licensing agreements in the industry (gaming) have a built-in exclusivity clause, granting the licensee exclusive use of the IP within a given context.  If the license to use the F13 IP didn't have such a clause in it, then that's a practically inexcusable lapse by whomever negotiated the terms on the studio's side.

If Jason ends up in DbD, a direct competitor to F13 within the same genre no less, then someone needs to seriously reevaluate their life choices because it's a mistake far more egregious than falling victim to one of the Classic Blunders.

That said, I can guarantee that this is fake.  

I'm no expert but Horror Inc., who gave the rights to Gun, doesn't own the rights to the newer versions of Jason. Copyright is a layered, complicated process I can't pretend to fully understand.

My guess is two companies own rights to different versions of the same character, with each being able to exploit their rights to the property to whatever degree they're legally able to- even if it put them in direct competition. Each rights holder would have their own interests in mind as opposed to those of the character or other rights holder.

Again, basically talking out of my ass. I have no idea really. :)

Edit:

Offhand, the best example I can give is the 1983 James Bond films Octopussy and Never Say Never Again. Two films with the same character made by different companies and released in the same year.

I honestly do not understand what people see in DBD....i played it and i really find that game boring and trash. Given it has a certain vibe to it, its still boring as hell, it does not provide you enough variety like for example F13 does, no freely open map just a corner and thats it, the killer basically kills you in 1 hit....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Maybe you should post this on DBD forums... THIS IS F13.

8 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

Did you ever see Michael or Freddy do it? Freddy might be more inclined to do so as a creative kill, but more than likely not. The only "licensed" killer in DbD that ever used meathooks was Leatherface, than the original trapper in DbD was an outright copy of him before they even had the rights to use Junior Sawyer. Any iconic cinematic killer is going to be underutilized in DbD. Michael, Freddy, Leatherface, Pinhead...etc should all have their own games. I don't care too much for Dead by Daylight anymore, the gameplay got kind of stale for me. I hope Jason is never put into the game.

All they're doing at this point is whoring out horror villains.  It's so lame.:rolleyes:

@bewareofbears said it best here, they can use versions of newer Jason, namely remake Jason, if purchased from Horror Inc. If I remember the details from the court case, domestically speaking Victor Miller retained the rights to the name Friday the 13th, but Cunningham has the rights to Jason Voorhees worldwide. 

As long as Cunningham did not put any exclusivity clause in the contract, i think its possible. Since he already has appearances in F13 Puzzle game and MKX, i think its plausible. Though i am sure the photo up there is photoshopped for reasons already discussed.

27 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Since he already has appearances in F13 Puzzle game and MKX, i think its plausible. Though i am sure the photo up there is photoshopped for reasons already discussed.

The counter-argument to this is that neither of those games are asymmetrical pvp games.  One is a puzzle game, and the other, a fighting game.

But if there's some delineation between the "classic" and "remake" versions, then there's certainly some wiggle room.

But who wants to be "Appalachia Mongo" Jason when they can be O.G. Jason? 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, NoOneK9503 said:

Why ? it would be a in unmotivated cash grab like they did with some of the other bigger Horror icons they've worked with .People like Michael Myers deserve their own game .In all Dbd should be more original .

If DBD adds Jason that would be a declaration of war and Friday the 13th the game would be forced to add michael myers lol